Plug in application/x-oleobject needed

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I need a MIME type application/x-oleobject plug in for a web page.

Where or how can I install this?

Thanks, . A q u a M a c .

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    karl kuehnkarl kuehn Posts: 756member
    It is probably a Windows Media Player file.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    aquamacaquamac Posts: 585member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Karl Kuehn

It is probably a Windows Media Player file.

Your right, and I need the specific Safari codec plug in /x-oleobject to use a web page. But where can I get it?
  • Reply 3 of 12
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by AquaMac

Your right, and I need the specific Safari codec plug in /x-oleobject to use a web page. But where can I get it?

Microsoft's Windows Media Player web page.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by AquaMac

Do you already have WMP for OS X? That might work, but I have come across many video pages that use some perversion of WMP.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    aquamacaquamac Posts: 585member
    Quote:

Originally posted by lundy

Do you already have WMP for OS X? That might work, but I have come across many video pages that use some perversion of WMP.

Yes I do have WMP. I need the codec plug in /x-oleobject for Safari. I get an error saying the safari plug in /x-oleobject is missing.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AquaMac View Post

Yes I do have WMP. I need the codec plug in /x-oleobject for Safari. I get an error saying the safari plug in /x-oleobject is missing.

I also got the error... I went to http://www.apple.com/safari/download/plugins.html and downloaded the plug-in for Windows Media Player. It solved the problem for me. I am on Windows XP and Safari 3.0.4 (523.15).

Let me know if it works for you too.

-Sheeloo
  • Reply 7 of 12
    I'm having the same problem with my Safari 4 for Mac OS 10.6.1. Any help out there?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AquaMac View Post

• Reply 8 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TomKC View Post

I'm having the same problem with my Safari 4 for Mac OS 10.6.1. Any help out there?

Ahh the beauty of most takers on the Net. They bitch for help and when they resolve their issue they are no where near to give forward to someone else who might need such a problem solved.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Has anyone figured this applicatio/x-oleobject thing out for Safari 4 on Mac OS X 10.6.1. also?
  • Reply 10 of 12
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Thanks a million. This new BETA version It?s much better already. I can now can hear music from one of the website?s with a aggregation of online radio?s.

When opening a new radio station it automatically opens a windows where I can click on the listen button. After this the music starts playing. Its kind of a workaround,

but works.

For some stations it still doesn?t work. It just keeps loading/refreshing.

I will keep track of the developments.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TomKC View Post

If this is of any help, I was having the same problems. I visited the windows media player site and clicked on MAC, then proceeded to re-download the Flip for Mac software. The radio site I was trying to play, now works, using Quicktime and no longer Windows Media Player. Not sure if this is of any help or not.

Goo Luck