Interesting hack

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I went on limewire (a no-no) and searched for prank calls (trying to search for jerky boys prank calls). I saw this file called "prank calls my pussy is burnin.mov".. so i decided to play it. In the middle of the video (of a girl half stripping), it opens a webbroswer and very quickly (i had to play the video like 5 times and stop the process) it displays and error and then quickly goes to adultfriendfinder.com. It's so fast, you almost wouldn't notice it. This is the error displayed before it displays the adultfriendfinder website

Warning: mysql_db_query(): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /usr/web/p2pblast.com/click/index.php on line 33

Warning: mysql_db_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /usr/web/p2pblast.com/click/index.php on line 33

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/web/p2pblast.com/click/index.php on line 34

Anyone ever seen a hack like this?.

This is a powermac dual 2.5 Ghz G5.

I'm not sure something happened. It was trying to go to a website and i assume execute a script when it failed.

This is the website it was going to

http://www.p2pblast.com/click/?r=a0709&i=0223454

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    benzenebenzene Posts: 338member
    Those appear to be errors on the site itself, not errors generated from your machine. The server hosting the site seems to be misconfigured.

Not to worry.

Quicktime movies have a "feature" that allows them to open a URL, but that's as far as their capability goes. I'm against any kind of media having even cursory control of this nature, but it's not an exploitable feature I believe.