Problems With Your New Mbp C2d????

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I got my MBP Nov the 7th and right out of the box, it was defective When I tried to adjust the volume, I heard a loud and constant cracking noise coming from the speakers. The sound was similar to what you would hear if you put water or something fresh on hot oil; or if you were preparing popcorn. It was BAD!!!!!! I took my laptop to the Apple Store and they told me to send it back to Apple so that I could get a replacement. I did...and I'm still waiting to get the replacement.

Such a bummer. Did anybody of you had any similar problems??? Or other problems?

SAL+

Comments

• Reply 1 of 41
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    No, no problems, cool running flawless machine.

A laptoppian wetdream.
  • Reply 2 of 41
    saudsaud Posts: 75member
    i just get eletricated from the edges when i keep the charger on.

weak wireless card.

thats all
  • Reply 3 of 41
    Take it back. You got a lemon. I'm with Gar the new MBP is flawless, or should be.
  • Reply 4 of 41
    I get a error saying that the DVD player can't play some store-bought DVD's that work fine in my DVD player and iBook. Agree about the wireless card, but that's the down side to the metal casing. Still....
  • Reply 5 of 41
    You guys have me worried about the wireless card reception. I've had no problems at work but have yet to set up my home wireless network or try it elsewhere.
  • Reply 6 of 41
    mine is fine, too although some of the keys (F11, Esc, F1) are slightly crooked. :P other than that, it's perfect!
  • Reply 7 of 41
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac

Take it back. You got a lemon. I'm with Gar the new MBP is flawless, or should be.

I hope I don't get another one this time around. Im still waiting for Apple to ship it.\
  • Reply 8 of 41
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    My screen is SLIGHTLY darker on the right side towards the middle/bottom of the vertical axis. No big deal. Pretty much perfect in every way. The keyboard is freaking awesome...but it sqeaks a little!
  • Reply 9 of 41
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    So far, absolutely perfect.
  • Reply 10 of 41
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chavito777

Did anybody of you had any similar problems??? Or other problems?

SAL+

I ordered my MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo recently and it's slated to arrive on the 17th, hopefully in perfect condition! I've had no problems with Apple shipping computers to me, but their accessories and software are always poorly packaged. My iPod dock's box was dented due to the lack of any bubble wrap or other protection in the packaging (they just threw the dock box in a larger cardboard box with the shipping invoice).
  • Reply 11 of 41
    there's definitely something wrong with my keyboard, functionally it's fine but it looks like there's a valley in the middle. I'm debating whether or not to send it back, seeing as they're so expensive (especially in england).
  • Reply 12 of 41
    Just installed home network. Excellent reception throughout house. Wireless card seems fine to me.
  • Reply 13 of 41
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fongyuen

mine is fine, too although some of the keys (F11, Esc, F1) are slightly crooked. :P other than that, it's perfect!

My keyboard is like that, but it's so subtle you could hardly tell. it's like a half-mm bulging under those two areas. Whatever. Everything else is perfect.
  • Reply 14 of 41
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CharlesP2009

I ordered my MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo recently and it's slated to arrive on the 17th, hopefully in perfect condition! I've had no problems with Apple shipping computers to me, but their accessories and software are always poorly packaged. My iPod dock's box was dented due to the lack of any bubble wrap or other protection in the packaging (they just threw the dock box in a larger cardboard box with the shipping invoice).

I've never had their software or accessories come poorly packaged.
  • Reply 15 of 41
    The only problem I've encountered is when adjusting volume. Sometimes when I use the keyboard to adjust, the volume doesn't change. I have to go and use the menu item.

No big deal, but I hope I can find the reason for the problem! It's annoying!
  • Reply 16 of 41
    I've had a problem whereby the internal screen of a MBP C2D got white lines flickering in and out on it when connected to an external display and running fairly warm (i.e. running SETI). When I disconnected the external display, things got worse - the whole display was double-imaged. I'm hoping this isn't a widespread problem, and that the replacement won't have this problem...
  • Reply 17 of 41
    My MBP C2D had a screen problem, so I sent it in to Apple to be repaired. When I set the background to dark grey or blue, light would bleed from open windows on the desktop. It was barely noticable, but you could see horizontal lines shooting out from the sides of the window. You had to be looking for it, but for $2000 ... I was. Apple received my notebook on the 10th, and it still says "repair in progress." I am hoping it won't be any longer. I starting to get frusterated.

To make matters worse, right before I sent the unit it in I went to clean the screen and somehow managed to get what looked like permanent fingerprints on the display. I don't know how this happened seeing as I didn't directly touch the screen and used a freshly washed 100% cotton white t-shirt and followed the directions exactly as read from the manual. I hope they replace the screen. If they don't, I will be talking to someone about this. I have owned too many Macs to get stuck with a bad screen.
  • Reply 18 of 41
    Apple's pro laptops SUCK. I have gone through numerous Apple pro laptops over the years. Getting one that's defect-free is like a 1 in 10 proposition. Picture of my current Core2 Duo MacBook Pro:

The image was taken with the isight of another Mac. The unevenness of the back light is deplorable.

The wireless reception on the new MBP sucks too. I tested it and it's horrible. Whereas the MacBook Pro that I have from work with a CoreDuo in it gets 3.5Mbps with my ISP, the new C2D MBP gets 1.98Mbps. Whatever the reading is, it's always slower than the older CD MacBook Pro model I have from work.

Why I keep buying Apple's pro-line notebook is a mystery. I get one almost every revision in the hopes the Apple has finally worked out all of the bugs....and getting a good one that I can actually use without some major fault. Either I have extremely poor luck or this is the way of the world with these notebooks. In February I got the first MacBook Pro purchased personally. Of course it had the blown right speaker and randomly shutoff. In May I bought the 17-inch MacBook Pro thinking Apple was having problems exclusive to the 15-inch model. Well, not only did I experience that now infamous processor whine everyone was talking about, but my MacBook Pro display was unevenly lit. Even though the MacBook Pro was brighter in comparison to my 17-inch PowerBook it looked like someone shit on the screen.

Going back I have had numerous technical problems with the 17-inch PowerBooks in a thread that posted here a few years ago. And I can go back to three defective 15-inch PowerBooks.

Meanwhile, I have not personally experienced a problem with Apple's desktops. They have been rock solid.

So the value proposition to anyone reading this thread is why bother buy a MacBook Pro? They are incredibly fragile, poorly manufactured pieces of shit. I work for a school as the network administrator and this has got to be buy-and-far the most defect ridden computer. BUYER BEWARE!
  • Reply 19 of 41
    Uh oh, I am charging my new C2D MacBook Pro with the shitty back lit display and the battery has an X through it and says "No batteries available" or some such thing. That can't be good.
  • Reply 20 of 41
    Try removing the battery, then putting it back in?