Intel mac - aksusbd...PowerPC?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
What in the world is aksusbd?

And why is it a PowerPC app instead of Intel....and why is it running?

I was playing with the activity monitor today and saw that everything on my Comp, was Intel with the exception of aksusbd, I'm not exactly sure what it is or what it does....and can I delete it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    Do you have Maya installed? I think Maya uses it for some flexid registration.

/Library/Receipts/Alias_LicenseServer.pkg/Contents/Resources/flexid_command-line_script_install/aksusbd

It may not be the only app that uses it though. The file itself is in:

/usr/libexec/aksusbd

If you want rid of it, just type:

sudo rm /usr/libexec/aksusbd

I don't know if that will stop Maya working though.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Thank you for the help Marvin.

I had maya installed a long time ago (the edu version) I was trying to find a good 3d rendering program and decided Modo was for me. But I had removed this a while ago...

If I no longer have maya, is it safe to delete this file? (can I just turn it off from starting up in case it messes something up?)
  • Reply 3 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blackwind212 View Post

If I no longer have maya, is it safe to delete this file? (can I just turn it off from starting up in case it messes something up?)

Yeah, it's safe to delete it. I don't use Maya any more either and I had no problems deleting it. If you just wanted to turn it off, you'd use the Finder go menu to get to /usr/libexec and move the aksusbd file out of that folder. That will prevent it launching after a reboot.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Thanks Marvin, I deleted the file. I really appreciate the help.