iWeb 08 ... web widgets

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
ANybody updated their homepage yet with iWeb 08?

Does anybody know of any cool web widgets? How widespread are these things?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    imickimick Posts: 351member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

ANybody updated their homepage yet with iWeb 08?

Does anybody know of any cool web widgets? How widespread are these things?

I started to do so with www.jcbc.info, but I haven't finished. I had to give Apple access to my Adsense account, which I'm sure will stop many people from running the ads, but I did it anyway.

The ads that are displayed right now have nothing to do with bicycling. I'm trying to find out how to do keywords in iWeb. I would hope that I have that control.

If this all goes well, I hope to convert my other two sites, from NetObjects Fusion, to iWeb, over the winter months. Those sites, www.glacialdrumlin.com and www.midwestbikerides.com, both rely on ads to help pay for the expenses of running the sites. That's my last program to convert, then I'm virtually all Mac.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Update -

I still haven't figured out how to specify keywords, but now the ads are relevant to cycling. Maybe it just took Google a little while to catch up.

I haven't really tried to do anything else with the new features though.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iMick View Post

Update -

I still haven't figured out how to specify keywords, but now the ads are relevant to cycling. Maybe it just took Google a little while to catch up.

I haven't really tried to do anything else with the new features though.

I like that site. It's a nice use of iWeb, and loads better on IE (i'm at work) than other iWeb sites I have seen. Did you re-size images or have any other insite for building simple sites. It also seems like the kind of site that could make great use of google maps related functionality.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mowenbrown View Post

I like that site. It's a nice use of iWeb, and loads better on IE (i'm at work) than other iWeb sites I have seen. Did you re-size images or have any other insite for building simple sites. It also seems like the kind of site that could make great use of google maps related functionality.

Thanks!

I'm not a web designer at all, but I've been messing with it for years.

I simply exported the pictures from iPhoto to resize them as needed. It was a breeze.

The Google maps is an interesting idea, however, gmap-pedometer.com is perfect for laying out and saving bike routes. I will look into it though.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Found this... but not for iWeb...

http://www.tagworld.com/guest/widgets/Default.aspx

I want a weather widget, a tide widget and a photo slideshow widget for my new homepage.

The latter can be made as a movie, but a widget might be easier to update periodically.