Leopard mail won't save passwords

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
For some strange reason Leopard mail doesn't seem to want to save any of our passwords to any our accounts. We've gone into mail preferences and saved them there, but as soon as we close down mail it 'forgets' them again. We've also repaired the keychain, but the same thing happens. Anyone know of how to fix a password memory problem? \

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MyMac8MyPC View Post

For some strange reason Leopard mail doesn't seem to want to save any of our passwords to any our accounts. We've gone into mail preferences and saved them there, but as soon as we close down mail it 'forgets' them again. We've also repaired the keychain, but the same thing happens. Anyone know of how to fix a password memory problem? \

I haven't had that problem, but for me Leopard doesn't want to remember VPN passwords. It also seems to have problems with my Timbuktu password sometimes.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    bubba_tbubba_t Posts: 80member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shetline View Post

I haven't had that problem, but for me Leopard doesn't want to remember VPN passwords. It also seems to have problems with my Timbuktu password sometimes.

I know this is two years after the fact, but I too have had this intermittent problem with Mail. I found an article on Apple's KB that said to open Key Chain Access. Then, double click on your individual mail keychains and click on Access Control. Then click "Allow all applications to access this item." I did that for all of my mail keychain items and it seems to have worked.