Battery Drain with 1.1.3?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Anyone experiencing unusual battery usage after 1.1.3?

Not sure if I didn't seat the phone fully in the charger last night or if the update changed something.

I normally go all day listening to music, a few phone calls and a few e-mails. Today I'm two hours shy of completing my workday.

TIA.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Works great here.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    physguyphysguy Posts: 920member
    No problem here either. Same as before.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    I've had the same sneaking suspicion. But I'll keep an eye on it now.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    I saw something on the Apple user discussion boards about turning on "show traffic" in google maps creating increased battery usage.

I had turned it on when I was checking the new application. I turned it off last night and so far it seems as if that solved the problem. I'll know for sure at the end of the day.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    But Google Maps has always had "Show Traffic".
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

But Google Maps has always had "Show Traffic".

I must not have had it enabled prior to the ugrade.

Since I've turned off "show traffic,"I am absolutely certain that my battery usage is now back to what it was.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tomkarl View Post

I must not have had it enabled prior to the ugrade.

Since I've turned off "show traffic,"I am absolutely certain that my battery usage is now back to what it was.

But even still.....wouldn't the battery drain come from the one time (minor) getting of traffic data? Or is the traffic data some kind of polling process that constantly runs?
  • Reply 8 of 10
    steste Posts: 119member
    Battery life is significantly lower for me under 1.1.3. I had to charge my phone twice yesterday, with minimal use inbetween. In fact, I was quite shocked when I came to check my e-mail before going to bed and discovered the battery was in the red zone after a full charge only that morning. Something is definitely wrong under 1.1.3; I never had these battery issues before.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    I have notice the same issue since the 1.1.3 upgrade. I looked at maps and I did not have traffic turned on, so that was not the cause on my phone. Just in case, I changed my maps view from hybrid to map. Perhaps they continue loading satellite images when the app is not active.

Personally, I prefer that the app continue to work when not active. Multitasking is a good thing and I don't want each individual function to stop when working on something else. Perhaps an off button on the UI would be good.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    steste Posts: 119member
    Mine is performing better the last couple of days. I haven't changed any settings, and I haven't charged it since Wednesday and I'm still in the green. Strangeness.