Where are the invites?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
No, no, not the fake ones...the legit ones...that Apple is supposed to be sending out to the media for their October 14th press event next week?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DHagan4755 View Post

No, no, not the fake ones...the legit ones...that Apple is supposed to be sending out to the media for their October 14th press event next week?

what media press event next week? thats all just rumor. this is getting a little ridiculous though. i feel like they are almost turning customors away
  • Reply 2 of 13
    If there ever was a press event scheduled for October 14th, it's obvious that Jobs changed it just to prove all the rumor-mongers wrong!
  • Reply 3 of 13
    macnubmacnub Posts: 18member
    ugh... that is all...
  • Reply 4 of 13
    The wait is definitely depressing.

Because I was hoping for a redesign or a smaller, fully functional MBP (not the Air!), i put off buying last year and now I've been waiting over a year. My problem, but still annoying.

A potential problem for other customers and Apple: the economy is in a mess already, but if those of us waiting to snap up new portables have to wait much longer, some may find they need new car parts or other everyday stuff more than they need a flash new machine to replace their old one.

I'm not sure Apple's policy of diva-ing around every new release is going to wash much longer - especially once the financial reality of the recession/depression really bites.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    paprochypaprochy Posts: 129member
    Obviously there won't be a press conference on the 14th. They would have send out the invites by now.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    When are they going to issue their next earnings report / "guidance"? Does anyone know the date, or at least the week?
  • Reply 7 of 13
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Roger Knights View Post

When are they going to issue their next earnings report / "guidance"? Does anyone know the date, or at least the week?

I heard October 21st
  • Reply 8 of 13
    Thanks.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Well, indeed, where are the invites? It seems now more and more unlikely that a special Apple event will be held next Tuesday.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Have no fear... We haz invites.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rogue68 View Post

The wait is definitely depressing.

Because I was hoping for a redesign or a smaller, fully functional MBP (not the Air!), i put off buying last year and now I've been waiting over a year. My problem, but still annoying.

A potential problem for other customers and Apple: the economy is in a mess already, but if those of us waiting to snap up new portables have to wait much longer, some may find they need new car parts or other everyday stuff more than they need a flash new machine to replace their old one.

I'm not sure Apple's policy of diva-ing around every new release is going to wash much longer - especially once the financial reality of the recession/depression really bites.

Have no fear. Next week Apple will have sexy affordable new laptops for everyone to forget about these here turbulent times. RDF set to Stun!
  • Reply 12 of 13
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Have no fear... We haz invites.

Unusual to send them so close to the event, but with all the free advertising that Apple gets these days, it does not really matter. What we are missing right now, is a good leak during weekend or Monday late evening.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

Unusual to send them so close to the event, but with all the free advertising that Apple gets these days, it does not really matter. What we are missing right now, is a good leak during weekend or Monday late evening.

There goes any sleep or work I'm going to get done over the next few days. (I'm not a Monday to Friday, 9-5 kinda guy)