or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › moved: iPhoto Problems... Help!

moved: iPhoto Problems... Help!

post #1 of 5
This is the message I got:

iPhoto can't continue without a photo library. Make sure the disc containing your photo library is connected".

This is frustrating. I scanned a photo (which I've done hassle-free many times before) and now I can't open iPhoto. Any ideas?

[ 03-06-2003: Message edited by: Brad ]</p>
New Powerbook!!! 1.25 ghz of... something!
post #2 of 5
[quote]Originally posted by trebuchet:
<strong>This is the message I got:

iPhoto can't continue without a photo library. Make sure the disc containing your photo library is connected".

This is frustrating. I scanned a photo (which I've done hassle-free many times before) and now I can't open iPhoto. Any ideas?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Look in your 'Pictures' folder do you see a folder called 'iPhoto Library'?

If it is then do a "get info" on the folder and make sure you are the owner of the folder and you have read and write access to it.

Dave
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
post #3 of 5
I checked that and it seemed to be in order. I don't know what happened. I was doing a lot with my photos last night. In my haste, I just wonder if my fingers got hasty and accidentally hit keys that did the damage.
This got tiresome trying to fix, so I deleted the old album completely and imported all the photos again from a CD. Thankfully, there aren't that many pictures on this thing... yet.
Thanks for you response though.
post #4 of 5
I found once that when iPhoto got wonky on me, I deleted the iPhoto library cache in the iPhoto library folder and that solved the problem. Just for future reference.
post #5 of 5
Moving to the Genius Bar.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › moved: iPhoto Problems... Help!