or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Pesky Psystar to emerge from Chapter 11 with new Mac offering

Pesky Psystar to emerge from Chapter 11 with new Mac offering - Page 2

post #41 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano_tube View Post

They lowered the price on the MB Air $700!!! Just like that! in a sec! WTF?! This means people that bought a MB Air just a day before paid a $700 premium! THIEVES!

The above remark pretty much validates how clueless you are with anything Apple. Apple gives you 14 days to return a product. In your example, had Apple dropped the price of the MBA by $700 a day after you bought an MBA, they will gladly refund you the difference.

My advice to you is to increase the dosage of medication in your PC-Koolaid and put a halt to your trolling ways.
post #42 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Price of CPUs from the Intel price sheet...

Mac Pro :: X5550 (8M L2 cache, 4 Cores, 8 Threads, 2.66 GHz (95W) 6.40 GT/sec Intel® QPI 45nm)

$958
Open(7) :: W3520 (8M L2 cache, 4 Cores, 8 Threads, 2.66 GHz (130W) 4.80 GT/sec Intel® QPI 45nm) $284
Difference in just the processor costs in batches of 1000 is $714

Your idea that a company should be required to make a machine that suits exactly your needs is absolutely ridiculous! Companies make products to suit the customers they want. If you dont fit into that grouping then tough noogies. That is how a capitalist society works. I certainly dont fit into the group that can afford a Buggati Veyron* but dont complain because they dont make a cheaper model to suit my specific less-than-supercar interests.

* Watched this weeks Top Gear today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irnchriz View Post

Maybe you should go off and play bonnie with your windows 7 system then?

I am sure Apple are managing fine without your business. Oh, wait. Yes they are. The only PC company to show growth in a time of recession.

If I had spent millions on an OS and hardware design (remember Apple use NO OFF THE SHELF MOTHERBOARDS) and some little prick company came along and started to release clones of my kit I would use a small amount of the billions in the bank to give them a pair of concrete boots.

You guys are just not listening.
No one is saying Psystar are doing the right thing. No one says that Apple should not sue their ass to kngdom come. They should. But what Psystar is showing you is that Apple is f*cking us up our collective asses in various ways. I, WILL NOT buy hardware that is twice expensive because this is what Mr. Jobs decided that I needed. Sorry - on my ass, there is a big NO ENTRY sign!

Trust me, Apple is eventually going to lose. They may shut down psystar, but then there will be another one and another one and another one. They can't go after every company and eventually some judge somewhere will rule against their ULA and it will be over. They should keep the customers that like their software - people like me.

The customer is always right.
post #43 of 227
Quote:

Its not realistic to expect a company to make a product that fits everyones needs all the time. Irnchriz is being realistic. If Apple doesnt make the product he wants within the price range he is willing to pay then he wont be an Apple customer. Its that simple.

So, lets say I was a soccer mom looking for a computer. My knowledge of computers is moderate, and I'm looking for something with stability, ease of use, and peace of mind. I want a decent amount of power across the board. A simple mid level tower. What can Apple do for me? Is that not a large enough of a demographic for Apple to pay attention to?
post #44 of 227
Quote:

You guys are just not listening.
No one is saying Psystar are doing the right thing. No one says that Apple should not sue their ass to kngdom come. They should. But what Psystar is showing you is that Apple is f*cking us up our collective asses in various ways. I, WILL NOT buy hardware that is twice expensive because this is what Mr. Jobs decided that I needed. Sorry - on my ass, there is a big NO ENTRY sign!

Trust me, Apple is eventually going to lose. They may shut down psystar, but then there will be another one and another one and another one. They can't go after every company and eventually some judge somewhere will rule against their ULA and it will be over. They should keep the customers that like their software - people like me.

The customer is always right.

You’re not listening. What if Apple made this tower you want, but then someone came along asn said I don’t need an i7, I want a simple Pentium in an expandable Mac tower. You can make any combination of HW you want, they can’t please everyone’s needs and they have a right to not license their OS and to not have to make a machine that they don’t want to make.

Speaking of not listening, you keep saying how much more expensive it yet ignoring the prices of just the CPUs from Intel’s own website. The Mac Pro is a professional workstation. If you going to use it to play WoW then you are not the customer they are targeting, so stop comparing it to a consumer tower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

So, lets say I was a soccer mom looking for a computer. My knowledge of computers is moderate, and I'm looking for something with stability, ease of use, and peace of mind. I want a decent amount of power across the board. A simple mid level tower. What can Apple do for me? Is that not a large enough of a demographic for Apple to pay attention to?

Why does it have to be a tower. I’d think a soccer mom would want something simple and all inclusive. In case you haven’t heard, the notebook sector is growing while desktops are stalling. In fact, the only desktop market that is growing is the AIOs. It’s okay that an AIO may not fit your needs, just as it’s okay that you don’t fit Apple’s needs if you want a consumer-grade Mac tower.

PS: If that is the machine you want then make it yourself. There is plenty of info on how to do it. I’ve made several Hackintoshs over the years for fun. Apple has never once spoke about about the homebrew Mac clones.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #45 of 227
Quote:

Bro, I am an avid fan of Mac OS X. I want to keep using it. But Apple's hardware is a different story.
I *HATE* the iMac. I love towers, but the Mac Pro price is ridicules.

They lowered the price on the MB Air $700!!! Just like that! in a sec! WTF?! This means people that bought a MB Air just a day before paid a $700 premium! THIEVES!

GIVE ME A NORMAL MAC.
Core i7 920 (costs $280)
Supporting up to 16G of normal DDR3 RAM

BAM the price goes down to a normal scale.
GIMME YOUR BEST SHOT FELLOW MAC USERS: EXPLAIN TO ME WTF IS THEIR PROBLEM WITH GIVING US MAC USERS A SYSTEM LIKE THAT?!

It is not technically impossible for Apple to build that machine and it seems to be Apples business plan to not address this segment (cheap tower). This is a pointless topic to discuss unless someone from Apple board of directors is here to explain why. Personally, I think Apple product line, somehow, provides something for everyone. The Mac Pro line is NOT a consumer nor a gaming machine it is targeting specific professionals.
post #46 of 227
Quote:

Its not realistic to expect a company to make a product that fits everyones needs all the time. Irnchriz is being realistic. If Apple doesnt make the product he wants within the price range he is willing to pay then he wont be an Apple customer. Its that simple.

Bro, giving customers a choice with a CPUS is NOT a big deal. I am not asking Apple to produce a new custom tailored tech JUST FOR ME. I am asking for a Mac that is smack in the middle between the iMac and Mac Pro. I will never ever accept that this is a product that Apple cannot produce with *EASE*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

The above remark pretty much validates how clueless you are with anything Apple. Apple gives you 14 days to return a product. In your example, had Apple dropped the price of the MBA by $700 a day after you bought an MBA, they will gladly refund you the difference.

My advice to you is to increase the dosage of medication in your PC-Koolaid and put a halt to your trolling ways.

How am I trolling?! I want a great Mac, so I can buy one! But I want some options! I want EVERYONE to use Mac OS X! You know what? here is my proof: Apple went with Intel and notified customers that they can now run WINDOWS via boot camp - BOOM, thousands upon thousands of new customers bought a Mac. Apple add features to Mac OS X that were requested by users - BOOM, more people are buying their products. I can go on and on but the point is this: Listen to your customers and give them option with your great products and you WIN. More people buy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irnchriz View Post

Why should they? Because you say so? Get over yourself. Apple are not about to become a beige box shifter. As I stated before Apple are the only PC company showing growth whilst other firms are slipping.

OF COURSE! Because I am a customer that wants to BUY their products!
post #47 of 227
Quote:

Which one would she choose?! tough decision!!!

post #48 of 227
Quote:

I will never ever accept that this is a product that Apple cannot produce with *EASE*.

So because they can, they should, just to suit your selfish wants? There has to be a name for this type of thinkings. Selfuism? A personal feeling that if a company has the capabilities to produce a very specific product that they should produce it regardless of how it affects their bottom line or business model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

image: http://www.deltaflow.com/wp-content/..._vs_dell-1.jpg

Nice!
post #49 of 227
Quote:

So because they can, they should, just to suit your selfish wants? There has to be a name for this type of thinkings. Selfuism? A personal feeling that if a company has the capabilities to produce a very specific product that they should produce it regardless of how it affects their bottom line or business model.

Yeah, someone explained to me why Dell & HP don't have their own OS on their Machines!! Apple and MS have their own OS so it is possible. SOME ONE EXPLAIN TO ME PLEASE
post #50 of 227
Quote:

image: http://www.deltaflow.com/wp-content/..._vs_dell-1.jpg

What's that thing sitting on top of the tower?
post #51 of 227
This is perfect. Now Apple can bury them, no excuses and no premature bow-outs from Psystar.
post #52 of 227
Quote:

Lets see here, what you just put up is like comparing a DVD/TV combo to a home theater system...

Seriously, that image keeps getting used as if it means ANYTHING. It's actually funny how someone uses that picture, then acts like they made some kind of point.

You remind me of Peter from family guy.
post #53 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

I think it is IR receiver.
post #54 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

it's an IR receiver
post #55 of 227
Quote:

Im not saying that isnt a good deal to suit ones needs, but you really should look up the word same in a dictionary.

Price of CPUs from the Intel price sheet...

Mac Pro :: X5550 (8M L2 cache, 4 Cores, 8 Threads, 2.66 GHz (95W) 6.40 GT/sec Intel® QPI 45nm)

$958
Open(7) :: W3520 (8M L2 cache, 4 Cores, 8 Threads, 2.66 GHz (130W) 4.80 GT/sec Intel® QPI 45nm) $284
Difference in just the processor costs in batches of 1000 is $714

You beat me to it. Not only that, but...

Xeon 5550: Upto, 144GB RAM, 32GB/sec, Upto 2 CPUs, Upto DDR3-1333
Xeon W3520: Upto 24GB RAM, 25.6GB/sec, Single CPU only, Upto DDR3-1066

The Mac Pro definitely seems the much better deal, just on CPU. Why do people still just look at the clock speed, even though Intel say there is way more too it than that.
post #56 of 227
Quote:

I think it is IR receiver.

Ah. I thought it was a Braun electric shaver.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #57 of 227
Quote:

You're right. Lets see here, what you just put up is like comparing a DVD/TV combo to a home theater system...

Seriously, that image keeps getting used as if it means ANYTHING. It's actually funny how someone uses that picture, then acts like they made some kind of point.

You remind me of Peter from family guy.

Funny, since nothing in your post explains why she should not choose the iMac. You seem to miss the point in Family Guy Peter character. Peter is some one who try to act smart and answer questions with answers that have nothing to do with the question
post #58 of 227
Quote:

Requesting common hardware these days is specific?
And because I want great common hardware for a decent price I am selfish?

Who is drinking the cool aid now?
post #59 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by tawilson View Post

The Mac Pro definitely seems the much better deal, just on CPU. Why do people still just look at the clock speed, even though Intel say there is way more too it than that.

It would only be a "much better deal" if the differences resulted in real world advantages. From a practical perspective, it doesn't.
post #60 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

This is perfect. Now Apple can bury them, no excuses and no premature bow-outs from Psystar.

And right before Apple starts selling retail copies of SL for $29.

Quote:

Even Pogue stated in a recent article that the MHz myth was dead. I guess he doesnt frequent this site.

FYI: AnandTech should be posting its extensive Nehelam Mac Pro tests any day now.
post #61 of 227
Quote:

Funny, since nothing in your post explains why she should not choose the iMac. You seem to miss the point in Family Guy Peter character. Peter is some one who try to act smart and answer questions with answers that have nothing to do with the question

I did explain, but you didn't catch on: I said it's like comparing a dvd/tv combo to a home theater.

So what happens when the dvd player in a dvd/tv combo breaks? What happens when you want a bigger monitor on an imac?

The imac is a cool machine, but it's completely impractical to compare it to a loaded dell xps.

Why would the soccer mom want either of those!?
post #62 of 227
Quote:

It would only be a "much better deal" if the differences resulted in real world advantages. From a practical perspective, it doesn't.

You keep telling yourself they'll have no benefit in the real world. But I'm sure 6GB/sec on memory alone will make a world of difference.

And how can you say that two CPUs won't have much real world benefit over 1, what planet are you living on?
post #63 of 227
Quote:

Requesting common hardware these days is specific?
And because I want great common hardware for a decent price I am selfish?

You want a company to make a machine (simply because you want it and they have the technical capabilities) that they dont currently feel like making. A market segment that is shrinking. Yet you have made no made no mention of any other PC vendor. I want a 1 notebook from Dell that is made from unibody aluminum enclosure. I know they can do it so why dont they make one for me. The customer is always right, after all.

Quote:

As a consumer, you are right, but since the Mac Pro is s professional workstation not targeted at consumers, you are not correct.
post #64 of 227
Quote:

You keep telling yourself they'll have no benefit in the real world. But I'm sure 6GB/sec on memory alone will make a world of difference.

And how can you say that two CPUs won't have much real world benefit over 1, what planet are you living on?

Did I ever say two cpu's wouldn't? We're comparing single cpu setups here, try and keep up.

As to single cpu setups: The 5500 series is able to run in a dual socket environment, but the 3520 is essentially an i7 920, and is meant for a single socket setup. Does everyone need a dual socket setup???

As to comparing single cpu performance: I have more than enough experience to be trusted in this type of thing.
post #65 of 227
Quote:

Maybe you know a soccer mom that likes to geek out with the ability to upgrade the CPU, switch out the monitor, upgrade the video card, etc. but that isn’t the average soccer mom. Hell, it’s not even the average computer user, as seen by the move away from towers and towards all inclusive designs.
post #66 of 227
Quote:

Did I ever say two cpu's wouldn't? We're comparing single cpu setups here, try and keep up.

Good point, my bad!

Quote:

As to single cpu setups: The 5500 series is able to run in a dual socket environment, but the 3520 is essentially an i7 920, and is meant for a single socket setup. Does everyone need a dual socket setup???

As to comparing single cpu performance: I have more than enough experience to be trusted in this type of thing.

Dual socket setup is definitely used by those who the Mac Pro is aimed at.
post #67 of 227
Quote:

As a consumer, you are right, but since the Mac Pro is s professional workstation not targeted at consumers, you are not correct.

Well that's where I'm coming from and I think where nano tube is coming from as well.

Hell, if I was a professional movie editor, I'd get a mac pro completely loaded. I'm not alone in saying that I'm not a professional movie editor, however, and I don't need the level of hardware offered, but at the same time, I would NEVER use a mac mini or imac. I'm not alone by a long shot dude.
post #68 of 227
Quote:

You want a company to make a machine (simply because you want it and they have the technical capabilities) that they dont currently feel like making. A market segment that is shrinking. Yet you have made no made no mention of any other PC vendor. I want a 1 notebook from Dell that is made from unibody aluminum enclosure. I know they can do it so why dont they make one for me. The customer is always right, after all.

So what do you do? go and buy from a company that does offer it. And as we all know, Apple does offer it - and people buy. Now, they even lowered the price and offer an 13" MBP - which sells great btw. Point made.

And by the way, people that bought a MB Air 15 days before the price drop got screwed, OK?! Here, not 14 days, 15 days! one day difference 700$... wankers!
post #69 of 227
Quote:

I did explain, but you didn't catch on: I said it's like comparing a dvd/tv combo to a home theater.

So what happens when the dvd player in a dvd/tv combo breaks? What happens when you want a bigger monitor on an imac?

The imac is a cool machine, but it's completely impractical to compare it to a loaded dell xps.

Your example is flawed. TV stand alone and can be used with cable but your PC monitor is basically useless without a computer. When your computer breaks you will not be using your monitor anyway. It is not the same. By the way, they configured the Dell in the picture to match the iMac not the other way around.

I bought my iMac in 2006 for $1800 and sold it in 2008 for $950 to get a MBP instead. How much your Dell worth after two and half years?

PS. There is also Mac Mini for soccer moms who want the ability to upgrade their monitors every year!
post #70 of 227
Quote:

Maybe you know a soccer mom that likes to geek out with the ability to upgrade the CPU, switch out the monitor, upgrade the video card, etc. but that isn’t the average soccer mom. Hell, it’s not even the average computer user, as seen by the move away from towers and towards all inclusive designs.

maybe soccer mom was the wrong terminology lol. I'm just trying to point out the type of person that Apple would appeal to in a situation like that, and I think there are far more people with those type of preferences than you think.

. Something above the imac, and below the mac pro would be perfect.
post #71 of 227
Quote:

Well that's where I'm coming from and I think where nano tube is coming from as well.

Hell, if I was a professional movie editor, I'd get a mac pro completely loaded. I'm not alone in saying that I'm not a professional movie editor, however, and I don't need the level of hardware offered, but at the same time, I would NEVER use a mac mini or imac. I'm not alone by a long shot dude.

Well said.
post #72 of 227
Quote:

What I am saying is that Apple is ripping us Mac users in one way or another.
This should be the price at the apple store, not on Psystar's.

And as for the CPU, I am sure that there is a "huge" difference between them. And you know what? even IF what you are saying is true about the difference, Apple should present buyers with the option: what type of CPU do you want? They are boxing us in, taking a premium price - F*CK them.

I have a PC running Win7 right beside me, a Quad 6600, 4GB Ram, 9800GTX 512MB, etc. It cost me a year ago like $1,500± and it runs like a king. Put Mac OS X on this baby and it will fly!

Why shouldn't we have such a deal for a normal Mac? why should we get stuck with either an iMac OR a Mac Pro? WHERE IS THE *NORMAL* MAC?!

So F*ck them!

Sooooo, don't buy their stuff. What's the problem? Apple charges what they want and get it, as the data shows. Millions of people are happy paying for their product.
post #73 of 227
Quote:

So Apple doesn’t make a machine that suits your needs at a price that suits your needs. Wah! You have the choice to make the performance or cost compromise, or to move on to another legal PC company. None of what you two are saying should require Apple to bend over backwards to your needs, regardless of how many people share your point of view. If Apple feels the desire is high enough and they also feel that it’s market they wish to enter, they will do so. But this is not socialism, Apple has the right to produce the products for the markets it wishes to compete in. It also has the right to not license it’s copyrighted material to others to sell.

PS: I would love for the MBPs to drop the antiquated optical drive but it’s Apple choice if they wish to keep them. The MBA is not an option for me because of storage capacity and performance paired with cost, so I have compromised and gotten the 13” MB, but I am not trolling forums and starting blogs about how much Apple sucks, is doomed, or isn’t listening to its customers because my specific needs aren’t met exactly.
post #74 of 227
Quote:

Your example is flawed. TV stand alone and can be used with cable but your PC monitor is basically useless without a computer. When your computer breaks you will not be using your monitor anyway. It is not the same. By the way, they configured the Dell in the picture to match the iMac not the other way around.

I bought my iMac in 2006 for $1800 and sold it in 2008 for $950 to get a MBP instead. How much your Dell worth after two and half years?

wow. So when the computer breaks? Not when the monitor breaks? Or if I already own a monitor I really like?

why is it so hard to believe that there are people all over the place, who don't want an imac for very good reasons, don't want a dinky little mac mini, and can't afford to shell out a bunch of money on an over powered mac pro?

BTW, it's funny how you point to that picture, when the clear answer is this: NEITHER lol.
post #75 of 227
The regular crew of the IP Law ignorati show up whenever there is Psystar news, and continue to display little no no knowledge of What IP law is and how Psystar's actions are not just wrong, but detrminetal to the entire industry, not to mention those that depend on the integrity of IP law in order to make a living.

Never mind that, let's talk about something as simple as the EULA. No one, that is, NO ONE, selling computers or software in the current market is interested in seeing a legal precedent set that blows a hole in the principal of the EULA. And that's just the EULA.

Psystar will lose, and lose big. And I'm going to love posting here in November to see the reactions of the IP Law ignorati. It'll be priceless.
post #76 of 227
Quote:

So Apple doesn’t make a machine that suits your needs at a price that suits your needs. Wah! You have the choice to make the performance or cost compromise, or to move on to another legal PC company. None of what you two are saying should require Apple to suit your needs, regardless of how many people share your point of view. If Apple feels the desire is high enough and they also feel that it’s market they wish to enter, they will do so. But this is not socialism, Apple has the right to produce the products for the markets it wishes to compete in. It also has the right to not license it’s copyrighted material to others to sell.

hey I never said they were REQUIRED to suit these needs, just pointing out why it would be beneficial. The machine Psystar is selling is a clear example of the level of cost to performance that Apple is skipping.

Also, I think people joining in on this discussion begin to lose sight at the point people initially made, and the argument slowly gets twisted, and eventually the thread turns into something repetitive and moronic, so I'm ducking out.

Here's my stance for the last time: Psystar is definitely breaking the law, but their presence raises a good point. The machines they are building are attractive to many people who feel Apple either offers to much, or too little. I don't think what Pystar is doing is right, but I don't think the way Apple is doing things currently is appealing either.
post #77 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

The regular crew of the IP Law ignorati show up whenever there is Psystar news, and continue to display little no no knowledge of What IP law is and how Psystar's actions are not just wrong, but detrminetal to the entire industry, not to mention those that depend on the integrity of IP law in order to make a living.

Never mind that, let's talk about something as simple as the EULA. No one, that is, NO ONE, selling computers or software in the current market is interested in seeing a legal precedent set that blows a hole in the principal of the EULA. And that's just the EULA.

Psystar will lose, and lose big. And I'm going to love posting here in November to see the reactions of the IP Law ignorati. It'll be priceless.

Read through the thread before assuming what's being talked about.
post #78 of 227
Quote:

hey I never said they were REQUIRED to suit these needs, just pointing out why it would be beneficial. The machine Psystar is selling is a clear example of the level of cost to performance that Apple is skipping.

Beneficial to you, but Apple apparently doesn’t see it your way otherwise they would have such a product.

PS: The price and performance increase of the new Mac Pros has gone up quite a bit that there may be enough former workstation customers —not nerds wanting a mythical xMac— that Apple may eventually release a cheaper and smaller headless Mac desktop to sit beneath the Mac Pro lineup. I would be very surprised if they didn’t have several in design for the appropriate time. If such a machine comes to fruition I’m sure you’ll say it was bemoaning that made that happen, but note that it’s viable markets (and by extension sales or lack thereof) that make companies produce product, not bellyaching.

Quote:
Here's my stance for the last time: Psystar is definitely breaking the law, but their presence raises a good point. The machines they are building are attractive to many people who feel Apple either offers to much, or too little. I don't think what Pystar is doing is right, but I don't think the way Apple is doing things currently is appealing either.

How about a game of logical unraveling: What if Psystar wins?
post #79 of 227
Quote:

Just look at this:
Psystar Open 7 Workstation:
Core i7 Xeon 2.66GHz
6 GB DDR3 RAM
1 TB HD
GeForce 9500GT GTX 512MB
DVD-RW
802.11n (PCI-E 1x) (added)
FW 400 + 800 (added)
Mac OS X + iLife + iWork
================
$1,734

Apple Mac Pro, DEFAULT configuration:
Core i7 Xeon 2.66GHz
3 GB DDR3 RAM
640 GB HD
GeForce GT 120 512MB
DVD-RW
Mac OS X + iLife
NO WIRELESS
FW 800 ONLY
Mac OS X + iLife
================
$2,499

$765 more for the same computer!
F*ck Apple, what a sorry ass bunch of thieves. Now, who has the balls to tell me that the there is no apple tax?!

LOL...you're an idiot....you just don't get it!....what if someone made an inflatable-date version of your wife and sold it for 50 bucks and everybody called it a Hackintoosh.....I bet you would have something to say about it......oh but hey.....it would "Sell like Hotcakes" right?
post #80 of 227
Quote:

So Apple doesnt make a machine that suits your needs at a price that suits your needs. Wah! You have the choice to make the performance or cost compromise, or to move on to another legal PC company. None of what you two are saying should require Apple to bend over backwards to your needs, regardless of how many people share your point of view. If Apple feels the desire is high enough and they also feel that its market they wish to enter, they will do so. But this is not socialism, Apple has the right to produce the products for the markets it wishes to compete in. It also has the right to not license its copyrighted material to others to sell.

PS: I would love for the MBPs to drop the antiquated optical drive but its Apple choice if they wish to keep them. The MBA is not an option for me because of storage capacity and performance paired with cost, so I have compromised and gotten the 13 MB, but I am not trolling forums and starting blogs about how much Apple sucks, is doomed, or isnt listening to its customers because my specific needs arent met exactly.

So where should I voice my opinion and wishes regarding Mac issues, in Paul Thurrots website?
Basically what you are saying is that because I think different and I voice my opinion vigorously, I am a troll... ok... I bet that if you had been born in Soviet russia, you'd be a hell of a communist. Stick to the Party's line! 1984 boy....

And good for you that you found a laptop for your needs. You are an exemplary user. Bravo. W00t! solipsism FTW!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Pesky Psystar to emerge from Chapter 11 with new Mac offering