or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Breaking: shots fired at Virginia-based Apple Store
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Breaking: shots fired at Virginia-based Apple Store

post #1 of 124
Thread Starter 
An unidentified man fired at least one shot at the Apple Store Clarendon in Arlington, Virginia shortly after the store opened Friday morning, wounding at least one, a person with knowledge of the situation tells AppleInsider.

"Someone was just shot at the store and just were carted out in an ambulance," that person said. "Unsure what happened but the store is closed down and there are police everywhere."

Witnesses report hearing a loud bang coming from the back room followed by a woman screaming. A thin-framed, black male believed to be in his twenties and wearing a fake beard was seen fleeing from the rear of the store.

Local authorities have called in air support to help search for the suspect, who was reportedly clad in beige. The victim, whose gender and identity have yet to be identified, is believed to have been shot in the shoulder.

Update: Local branches of both ABC and FOX news are now confirming the incident, and the Washington Post claims the victim of the apparent botched armed robbery is a female.

One Confirmed Shot at Arlington Apple Store

One Person Shot At Apple Store



Developing...
post #2 of 124
I hope no one was killed.
post #3 of 124
post #4 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREB View Post

I hope no one was insured.

I agree, the insurance companies would have to pay out so much money, poor things. Never mind that someone might die.
post #5 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post


The assailant or the victim?
post #6 of 124
post #7 of 124
Another argument for gun control. Carrying your gun, being alert, and being in control to shoot back!!
post #8 of 124
Oh those silly Virginians. Where will they shoot up next?
post #9 of 124
Lets put bet's on as to if the gun man was a PC user or not..

My bet's that the lunatic was a windows botherer corrupted by jealousy.
post #10 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by syklee26 View Post

http://apcmag.com/site/wp-content/up...-Huang-350.gif

mugshot of the assailant

Clever.
post #11 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreencrna View Post

Another argument for gun control. Carrying your gun, being alert, and being in control to shoot back!!

Who's to say that the shooting wasn't caused by a vigilant gun owner (read: meth addict up for 4 days) who THOUGHT somebody else had a gun and was trying to stop THEM? Wow, your argument kinda fell apart there.
post #12 of 124
Sounds like the assailant was after an individual. Hope they didn't injure the person too badly. Yeah, gun control...chances are the gun he used was obtained illegally. I'm sure whatever the reason they had for doing this isn't good enough. Bastards.
post #13 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

Lets put bet's on as to if the gun man was a PC user or not..

My bet's that the lunatic was a windows botherer corrupted by jealousy.

"Clad in beige". That's a PC user if there ever was one.
post #14 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearwinter View Post

"Clad in beige". That's a PC user if there ever was one.

LoL.... not to make light of a horrible situation.
EIC- AppleInsider.com
Questions and comments to : kasper@appleinsider.com
Reply
EIC- AppleInsider.com
Questions and comments to : kasper@appleinsider.com
Reply
post #15 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by uni View Post

Who's to say that the shooting wasn't caused by a vigilant gun owner (read: meth addict up for 4 days) who THOUGHT somebody else had a gun and was trying to stop THEM? Wow, your argument kinda fell apart there.

People with CCW permits go through extensive background checks including being finger printed. I would assume that even a "clean" meth addict wouldn't even try to go through such a process to be officially "in the system." I highly doubt the gun man had a legal gun.
post #16 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearwinter View Post

"Clad in beige". That's a PC user if there ever was one.

Had not noticed that bit. Oh thats sealed it then! lol
post #17 of 124
Here's an actual artists rendition of the suspect from a local news station.

Apple Store Shooting Suspect.

Hope they catch him!
post #18 of 124
i've been there a few times. that area is notorious for being dangerous. some guy even made a rap about the place http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T1RMuoQnKo
post #19 of 124
the news reporter's description of the assailant leaving store was fairly specific, except for skin tone which was not mentioned. Wyte, blaq, broun, light, dark would be helpful and pertinent.
post #20 of 124
If the shooter was a tall, slightly over weight, balding man over 50, sounds like Steve Ballmer.
post #21 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearwinter View Post

"clad in beige". That's a pc user if there ever was one.

hahah!
post #22 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimerl View Post

the news reporter's description of the assailant leaving store was fairly specific, except for skin tone which was not mentioned. Wyte, blaq, broun, light, dark would be helpful and pertinent.

he was wearing brown flip flops
post #23 of 124
OMG, I Got Plugged.
post #24 of 124
WTF is in the water in Virginia? This shooting, Virginia Tech, the snipers Malvo and Muhammad killed many in Virginia. Jeebus. I just hope no one was seriously injured.
post #25 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by damnyooneek View Post

he was wearing brown flip flops

A Linux-user, in that case. :P
post #26 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshDog View Post

WTF is in the water in Virginia? This shooting, Virginia Tech, the snipers Malvo and Muhammad killed many in Virginia. Jeebus. I just hope no one was seriously injured.

Ever try I-95 through Virginia? 90% of the world's hate is on that miserable stretch of asphalt during a holiday.
post #27 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshDog View Post

WTF is in the water in Virginia? This shooting, Virginia Tech, the snipers Malvo and Muhammad killed many in Virginia. Jeebus. I just hope no one was seriously injured.

VA is hood. the whole state is plagued with crazy people. even though those events have nothing to do with each other I think its because they're all tripping off of acetylsalicylic acid.
post #28 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by technohermit View Post

Ever try I-95 through Virginia? 90% of the world's hate is on that miserable stretch of asphalt during a holiday.

Virginia rednecks say "We don't need no stinkin' Apple Store!"
post #29 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimerl View Post

the news reporter's description of the assailant leaving store was fairly specific, except for skin tone which was not mentioned. Wyte, blaq, broun, light, dark would be helpful and pertinent.

Don't you know mentioning his race would be stereotyping all people of the same race? That's much more important than catching a killer. You just aren't PC, man.

Yeah, Apple always puts stores in really bad neighborhoods.
post #30 of 124
I was in that store Wed. night and I live in the area. The store is located in a little open mall called Market Common with high end stores like Crate & Barrel, Williams Sonoma, and Pottery Barn. It's an extremely safe area full of well to do yuppies. That's why there's an Apple store there. The assailant was a thin black guy who was probably trying to rob the place soon after the doors opened. The restrooms are at the back of the store through the same door that goes to the stockroom. It used to be that the restroom door was on the left at the back of the store with a separate stockroom door on the right but they changed it so there's now only one common door. They might want to rethink that arrangement.

Hope the shooting victim is OK.
post #31 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by uni View Post

Who's to say that the shooting wasn't caused by a vigilant gun owner (read: meth addict up for 4 days) who THOUGHT somebody else had a gun and was trying to stop THEM? Wow, your argument kinda fell apart there.

Let's see: vigilant gun owner =meth addict up for 4 days? What...are you smoking crack??
post #32 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo View Post

I was in that store Wed. night and I live in the area. The store is located in a little open mall called Market Common with high end stores like Crate & Barrel, Williams Sonoma, and Pottery Barn. It's an extremely safe area full of well to do yuppies. That's why there's an Apple store there. The assailant was a thin black guy who was probably trying to rob the place soon after the doors opened. The restrooms are at the back of the store through the same door that goes to the stockroom. It used to be that the restroom door was on the left at the back of the store with a separate stockroom door on the right but they changed it so there's now only one common door. They might want to rethink that arrangement.

Hope the shooting victim is OK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T1RMuoQnKo the place is dangerous. there are curfew hours living there.
post #33 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by damnyooneek View Post

he was wearing brown flip flops

A Linux-user, in that case. :P
post #34 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by damnyooneek View Post

VA is hood. the whole state is plagued with crazy people. even though those events have nothing to do with each other I think its because they're all tripping off of acetylsalicylic acid.

LOL! Tripping on aspirin? Hahahaha.

Hey, I live in Northern Virginia and the violent crime here is committed by people from DC. Go pick on them!
post #35 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by damnyooneek View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T1RMuoQnKo the place is dangerous. there are curfew hours living there.

I have been there recently and it's the Apple Store I've visited most during my stays in the US...curfew where? This is normally a safe area with lots of nice houses around, not to mention the Mall itself, crowded with upper-middle class people and fancy stores...you may drop your crack pipe now.

iMac Intel 27" Core i7 3.4, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD + 1TB HD + 4TB RAID 1+0, Nuforce Icon HDP, OS X 10.10.1; iPad Air 64GB; iPhone 5 32GB; iPod Classic; iPod Nano 4G; Apple TV 2.

Reply

iMac Intel 27" Core i7 3.4, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD + 1TB HD + 4TB RAID 1+0, Nuforce Icon HDP, OS X 10.10.1; iPad Air 64GB; iPhone 5 32GB; iPod Classic; iPod Nano 4G; Apple TV 2.

Reply
post #36 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearwinter View Post

"Clad in beige". That's a PC user if there ever was one.


Hope PC didn't try to settle things with Mac Once And For All. Maybe he froze up before he could finish the job.
post #37 of 124
I've seen crazy customers get unbelievably irate in my old Apple Store. One guy started yelling, slamming things around, and tried to force himself to the back room just because his computer wouldn't get fixed quickly enough. I'm actually not horribly surprised that something like this happened \
post #38 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by brlawyer View Post

I have been there recently and it's the Apple Store I've visited most during my stays in the US...curfew where? This is normally a safe area with lots of nice houses around, not to mention the Mall itself, crowded with upper-middle class people and fancy stores...you may drop your crack pipe now.

watch the video. the comment was suppose to be sarcastic. the area is 5 minutes from DC and the condos there cost a minimum of $500k
post #39 of 124
What robbery? The dude was probably an Apple-hater. Or possibly sent by Microsoft to scare people from going into Apple retail stores. See how fast the news jumped on it. There are shootings all the time.
post #40 of 124
As a fellow Apple employee, I really hope that the woman who was shot will be ok. It never ceases to amaze me how shallow some of the people who have commented here are!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Breaking: shots fired at Virginia-based Apple Store