or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Palin's Sailin'
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Palin's Sailin'

post #1 of 594
Thread Starter 
Palin's Sailin'..... off into the sunset - she's resigning as Governor.

Palin's Bailin'.... on the citizens of Alaska.

Perhaps she is resigning ahead of some juicy scandal that has yet to be revealed?
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
post #2 of 594
Or, the talk is, getting her shit together for a run in 2012.
Gives her a couple of years to bone up on what she thinks she knows that she don't.
post #3 of 594
Awesome. I hope. I haven't read anything yet on it but this looks very promising. Maybe she'll do hardcore now she's free to live how she wants!!
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #4 of 594
Now she can get on with her life... and all those obsessed with her will hopefully get on with theirs as well.

Thread's over. Lock.

(As if).
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #5 of 594
I won't miss the Heil Palin rallies, but...

"There had been wide speculation that she would seek to be the Republican Partys presidential candidate in 2012. Gov. Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota, who is also considered to be a leading Republican candidate for president in 2012, announced last month that he would not seek re-election." http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...age=2#comments

...maybe this is just the beginning of another round of them.

Gotta love her "real climate change line."
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #6 of 594
Her father supposedly said that with the constant media attention, she was not able to do her job effectively.

"Palin's father, Chuck Heath, told Fox News that he thought her resignation was due to the negativity from the media. According to Heath, the governor was unable to be effective while she was constantly having to defend herself against ethics complaints and the media."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/shanny..._b_225515.html

Anybody brave enough to watch Faux and can verify this? If true, then she wasn't cut out for governor, much less VP or POTUS. Her career is over.

During the election they claimed Obama didn't have enough experience; it will be very hard to spin resigning as governor as providing experience worthy of VP or POTUS. Something big is about to come out, I think.

Video of her speech is on the above link; something is odd about her, very odd. Always was, but especially now...

Oh, and Happy 4th of July, everyone!

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #7 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Her father supposedly said that with the constant media attention, she was not able to do her job effectively.

"Palin's father, Chuck Heath, told Fox News that he thought her resignation was due to the negativity from the media. According to Heath, the governor was unable to be effective while she was constantly having to defend herself against ethics complaints and the media."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/shanny..._b_225515.html

Anybody brave enough to watch Faux and can verify this? If true, then she wasn't cut out for governor, much less VP or POTUS. Her career is over.

During the election they claimed Obama didn't have enough experience; it will be very hard to spin resigning as governor as providing experience worthy of VP or POTUS. Something big is about to come out, I think.

Video of her speech is on the above link; something is odd about her, very odd. Always was, but especially now...

I find her scarily odd. It's like she always looking for a fight.

I think the Palin camp are already spinning this as 'not even the media can stand in her way as she'll find a way around them' which I suppose is inevitable, but at this point looks farcical unless she says that she wants to run for potus.
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #8 of 594
Ahhh! That woodwork must be calling!

Hopefully she can fade gracefully.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #9 of 594
Wow, all the Liberals/Socialists/Democrats came running together. Ya'll gonna have a nice tea party in Moscow to celebrate a potential victory?
post #10 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon8472 View Post

Wow, all the Liberals/Socialists/Democrats came running together. Ya'll gonna have a nice tea party in Moscow to celebrate a potential victory?

Quote:
Ya'll gonna have a nice tea party in Moscow to celebrate a potential victory?

Moscow?

How very 1960's of you.

Sorry Talon that like the others you just don't get it.

It's a sign of the times.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #11 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post



Sorry Talon that like the others you just don't get it.

It's a sign of the times.

It's okay, there will always be those who don't get it like yourself and many others. It's Carter Administration all over again. I'm sure you remember right?

America is like a pendulum. Sometimes people are smart and vote Republican, and other times they aren't so smart. Hopefully education in this country will improve and the next generation can learn.
post #12 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon8472 View Post

It's okay, there will always be those who don't get it like yourself and many others. It's Carter Administration all over again. I'm sure you remember right?

America is like a pendulum. Sometimes people are smart and vote Republican, and other times they aren't so smart. Hopefully education in this country will improve and the next generation can learn.

You've got the wrong decade. Carter was about 10 years too late for a metaphor for what's happening now. More young people voted this time than they have in a long time. I think the educated generation is already here.

But you're right about the pendulum. And I have tried to explain to the right leaning members here.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #13 of 594
I'm really looking forward to the spin the Republicans, Faux and Palin supporters are going to put on this and how they are going to attack anybody who opposes her

"liberal" media
socialist
blah blah blah ad nauseum

and rapidly make this entire topic (and thread) a discussion of our current POTUS and how bad he is blah blah blah.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #14 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

You've got the wrong decade. Cater was about 10 years too late for a metaphor for what's happening now. More young people voted this time than they have in a long time. I think the educated generation is already here.

Yea, exactly the problem, this younger generation hasn't learned the problems with Socialist policy.
post #15 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

I'm really looking forward to the spin the Republicans, Faux and Palin Lovers are going to put on this and how they are going to attack anybody who opposes her.

"liberal" media
socialist
blah blah blah ad nauseum

I'm dreading what the liberal media spin on this will be, NYTimes, HuffingtonPost, etc... So many more to despise for its lack of integrity in journalism. Lucky for us, Fox is leading in viewership and ratings.

I wonder what the Obama lovers will say? Probable just repeat what Obama tells them to think.
post #16 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon8472 View Post

Yea, exactly the problem, this younger generation hasn't learned the problems with Socialist policy.

Sorry if this one really got to you. There's no socialism to this.

More like a balancing of the scales.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #17 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon8472 View Post

I'm dreading what the liberal media spin on this will be, NYTimes, HuffingtonPost, etc... So many more to despise for its lack of integrity in journalism. Lucky for us, Fox is leading in viewership and ratings.

I wonder what the Obama lovers will say? Probable just repeat what Obama tells them to think.


OOOOOh! Bitter.

Oh well.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #18 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Sorry if this one really got to you. There's no socialism to this.

More like a balancing of the scales.

Capitalism ..... Socialism .... Communism

Yea, balanced indeed; ruining America.
post #19 of 594
Has Faux run their trademark "D" under images of Sara yet? They must be squirming big time...

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #20 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon8472 View Post

Capitalism ..... Socialism .... Communism

Yea, balanced indeed; ruining America.


Tit for Tat was very 60's also.
Keeping from ruining America.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #21 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

OOOOO! Bitter.

Not bitter at all. Just looking forward to seeing all your disappointed faces in 2012 when Obama is labeled as worse than Carter failure material. A new low standard. And the rise of Conservatism again which will have to rebuild this country. And then you all can then continue to <insert verb here> and complain for another 8 years.
post #22 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Tit for Tat
Keeping from ruining America.

Yea, what were our founding fathers of this nation thinking? Clearly Socialism was the way to go. Man, can't believe they ever endorse Capitalism. It only gave us "Greatest Nation on Earth" for 200 years.
post #23 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon8472 View Post

Not bitter at all. Just looking forward to seeing all your disappointed faces in 2012 when Obama is labeled as worse than Carter failure material. A new low standard. And the rise of Conservatism again which will have to rebuild this country. And then you all can then continue to <insert verb here> and complain for another 8 years.

I think you'll be waiting awhile longer for this.

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #24 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

I think you'll be waiting awhile longer.


Maybe if the Democrats start to mess (not just ignore) the constitution itself and go all the way to a cosy dictatorship - like Hugo Chavez. But, I think they will be stopped by the people and Republicans before it gets to that point - hopefully.
post #25 of 594
Her speech was given at her own home; is she going to charge the state for this... again?

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #26 of 594
Someone is taking Palin's announcement pretty hard.
post #27 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Her speech was given at her own home; is she going to charge the state for this... again?

What? 10 dollars? I'm sure it'll make a dent in the economy. Nothing too small to complain about. Heck, you guys have had so much practice over the past 8 years that it must be hard to moderate.
post #28 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

Someone is taking Palin's announcement pretty hard.

Yup! I'd say so.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #29 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Yup! I'd say so.

You think this is hard? Nice try, just imagine 4 years from now and Obama is:

1.) No longer the messiah
2.) Labeled a complete and epic failure
3.) No longer your president

Btw: How do Canadians know about Palin? I noticed screener isn't even living in the US it seems from his profile - eh?
post #30 of 594
This talon guy is joking isn't he?
post #31 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

This talon guy is joking isn't he?

No more than a Canadian commenting on American politics.
post #32 of 594
The liberal media's not pulling it's punches reviewing this! I never watched this show but it's a perfect summary. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEhDZN0RFjw
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #33 of 594
Moscow?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #34 of 594
Yeah, it should be outlawed eh talon?
post #35 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Moscow?

Too fast for you?

Moscow = Russia = Communist/Socialist

Understand now?

post #36 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

Yeah, it should be outlawed eh talon?

No, why would you even suggest it? Only liberals and Democrats suggest not to complain during their administration.
post #37 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon8472 View Post

No, why would you even suggest it? Only liberals and Democrats suggest not to complain during their administration.

I've got to hand it to you. This is funny!

It's kind of like watching the end of " The Wizard of Oz ".

" I'm melting! I'm melting! "


Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #38 of 594
The quality of your posts in this thread certainly have degenerated into the type of ridiculousness another poster here is known for.
post #39 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

The quality of your posts in this thread certainly have degenerated into the type of ridiculousness another poster here is known for.

Well that's the thing about denial. The farther you get from the truth of things the harder it hits when reality comes home to roost.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #40 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Well that's the thing about denial. The farther you get from the truth of things the harder it hits when reality comes home to roost.

Or he's so enamored with Palin he's channeling her thought processes.

You know, the further Palin gets into saying anything about anything, the harder it is to figure out what the fuck she's talking about.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Palin's Sailin'