or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Palin's Sailin'

Palin's Sailin' - Page 6

post #201 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinea View Post

Why the disparaging name for the only female on that list? She has a Peabody, a Murrow (2008), several Emmys and a Cronkite (2008). A record better than Gibson I believe.

Brian Williams has 4 Murrows, 5 Emmys and a Peabody.

I can make up funny names for everyone on that list if it'll make you feel better.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #202 of 594
Quote:
Just wait. If the seemingly endless and frivolous ethics lawsuits don't destroy her, they'll have to come up with something else.

Except that they are not all frivolous.

Quote:
Wasn't the most expensive complaint that was filed against her actually filed by none other than she herself?

Yes, indeed.
proud resident of a failed state
post #203 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

I'm not sure what you're inferring by that. But I'm pretty sure not all Alaskans are Republicans and supported Palin's election as Gov. or nomination for VP.

You honestly believe Alaskan Republicans are thrilled with Sarah Pallin?
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #204 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

You honestly believe Alaskan Republicans are thrilled with Sarah Pallin?

I honestly don't know what Alaskan Republicans think of Palin. But I do know that many of your assesments as to what Republicans in general think have been completely off the mark.

post #205 of 594
Quote:

I honestly don't know what Alaskan Republicans think of Palin. But I do know that many of your assesments as to what Republicans in general think have been completely off the mark.

How would you know? You're not a Republican. Or are you?
post #206 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

How would you know? You're not a Republican. Or are you?

You're not a Republican, either.

Or are you?

post #207 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

I'm pretty sure I can predict this poster's outrage at the blatant sexism had someone made a post about "Sarah Cupcake".....

No outrage, just an observation. It's more ironic that he decries the "blatant" sexism against Palin while indulging in the same thing against Couric.

I don't like Palin whether male or female. I do think there are far more capable women in the Party that McCain could have picked.

As far as who's a Republican and who know what the hell the party is thinking, I'm a Republican and I haven't a clue because the party is, quite frankly, screwed at the moment with the base pulling one way and the moderates making a half hearted attempt to become relevant again.

There's a good deal of internal bloodletting and about the only good thing you can say is that the Dems can screw up a wet dream. Which they are doing at the moment.
post #208 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinea View Post

No outrage, just an observation. It's more ironic that he decries the "blatant" sexism against Palin while indulging in the same thing against Couric.

I don't like Palin whether male or female. I do think there are far more capable women in the Party that McCain could have picked.

As far as who's a Republican and who know what the hell the party is thinking, I'm a Republican and I haven't a clue because the party is, quite frankly, screwed at the moment with the base pulling one way and the moderates making a half hearted attempt to become relevant again.

There's a good deal of internal bloodletting and about the only good thing you can say is that the Dems can screw up a wet dream. Which they are doing at the moment.

Wow. Calling her "Catie Cupcake" is sexist? You read an awful lot into that silly name.

If Brian Williams only got 4% and I called him a silly name, would you still say it was "sexist"?

You're looking for hidden meaning behind a silly name when there is none. It's just a silly name.

post #209 of 594
You can't be sexist against liberal women, buddy, only god-fearing conservatives.
post #210 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat View Post

You can't be sexist against liberal women, buddy, only god-fearing conservatives.

Whom God will make better.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #211 of 594
Quote:

Except that they are not all frivolous.

And they're not politically motivated either, right?

Palin Ethics Investigator Closely Tied to Democratic Party

Quote:
The independent investigator who has accused Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin of violating state ethics laws is a major donor to the Democratic Party as well as a partner in a law firm that represented Barack Obama's presidential campaign.

post #212 of 594
Oh I'm sure some of them were politically motivated. That's how the game works; your opposition tries very hard to find anything that might even seem the least big unethical.

The unique thing about Palin is that it was apparently pretty easy to find actual unethical acts and the evidence to prove it.

Palin is a victim of her own foibles.
post #213 of 594
Cafferty asked if Palin is still relevant.

wooo, the replies:

http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/20...till-relevant/

post #214 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Cafferty asked if Palin is still relevant.

wooo, the replies:

http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/20...till-relevant/

Looking at the ratings for CNN and Cafferty, perhaps the question would be better pointed at themselves and the answer would of course be no.

Quote:

Oh I'm sure some of them were politically motivated. That's how the game works; your opposition tries very hard to find anything that might even seem the least big unethical.

The unique thing about Palin is that it was apparently pretty easy to find actual unethical acts and the evidence to prove it.

Evidence? Not a one of them has stuck and last I checked six of them had been filed by an Alaska blogger, Andree McLeod, in contact daily with the state Democratic Party.

Her latest one was dismissed today because it was "legally flawed and factually devoid of merit."

Sounds like a good analogy for much of what Democrats are doing lately, legally flawed and factually devoid of merit.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #215 of 594
Well I guess the zingers are still flying here. However I agree with groverat :

Quote:
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #216 of 594
Today is the day! Congrats, Alaska! Congrats, America (because her chances are miniscule)! One more selfish ignoramus out of office.

Sadly, a year from now she will be a millionaire (paid for by tons of the Joe Six Packs she claimed to have been one of), but she will not have any actual power.

The only thing I will miss about her are the comic moments.

Though not a direct quotation, it pretty much sums it all up:

I can see Russia from my house!

post #217 of 594
Quote:
Evidence? Not a one of them has stuck...

"Stuck" meaning what? Legally? Not hard when you're the state executive and you can appoint your own investigators.
post #218 of 594
Quote:

"Stuck" meaning what? Legally? Not hard when you're the state executive and you can appoint your own investigators.

It is the same at the federal level and didn't seem to save Clinton's ass. Clearly the parties would rather bide their time in Alaska rather than get all the exposure and dollars that bringing Palin down would send their way.

The derangement is clear, the woman is out of office and all certain folks can do is still fixate.

Try fixating on this for a change. The boat is sinking and you aren't helping bail out water.

post #219 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Try fixating on this for a change. The boat is sinking and you aren't helping bail out water.

We are all in the same boat.
We sank for 8 years, now we are trying to fill it with ping pong balls.
post #220 of 594
We've been sinking a lot longer than 8.5 years.

post #221 of 594
Quote:

We've been sinking a lot longer than 8.5 years.

We've been saying that also ( LBJ ( I still wonder about that guy did he really just get caught in the middle or was it planned? ), Nixon ( " I am not a crook! " ), Ford ( a warm body taking up space ), Carter ( who was a much better president after he wasn't president ), Reagan ( It's morning in GAK! ), Bush 1 ( ) , Clinton ( did some really great things and then some really dumb things which gave us ) Bush 2 ( the worst of the lot ) and in all that time we still haven't seen a 3rd party that could win let alone change things for the better.

Obama is as yet unproven (way too soon for a judgement call ).
post #222 of 594
Can anyone actually dare to comprehend what the country would be like right now if Palin and McCain had won?

Worth worrying about, because there are people who still want her to run next round.

Would she have quit the VP position, causing another problem for the country at a time of need?

post #223 of 594
Quote:

Can anyone actually dare to comprehend what the country would be like right now if Palin and McCain had won?

Worth worrying about, because there are people who still want her to run next round.

Yes. We should thank our lucky stars! The economy would in all likelyhood be much worse and nothing would be getting done about it. And the things they'd try to be pass into law would be awful. The same kind of ineffective approach that got us here in the first place only worse since things would be further along.

Quote:
who still want her to run next round

She wouldn't win now. Especially since she left her post as governor. That alone would be an effective anti campaign item.
post #224 of 594
Quote:

Not me. I'm more concerned about the havoc that the current President and Vice-President and Congress are wreaking on the country rather than obsessing about someone that has little to no national political power.

Quote:

Would she have quit the VP position, causing another problem for the country at a time of need?

Great, now we're speculating about all of the terrible things she might have done had she actually been elected or that she might actually run again rather than focusing on the real problems of the present time being caused by real actions by people with real power. Brilliant.
post #225 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by involuntary_serf View Post

Not me. I'm more concerned about the havoc that the current President and Vice-President and Congress are wreaking on the country rather than obsessing about someone that has little to no national political power.

Great, now we're speculating about all of the terrible things she might have done had she actually been elected or that she might actually run again rather than focusing on the real problems of the present time being caused by real actions by people with real power. Brilliant.

Quote:
obsessing about someone that has little to no national political power.

But could have and that's important to remember for the future instead of trying to sweep it under the rug.

Quote:
the real problems of the present time being caused by real actions by people with real power. Brilliant

I catch your reference and that's an opinion. Not a fact. You'll have to wait for an outcome for that.

Sorry!
post #226 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Yes. We should thank our lucky stars!

Indeed we should.

Quote:

The economy would in all likelyhood be much worse and nothing would be getting done about it. And the things they'd try to be pass into law would be awful. The same kind of ineffective approach that got us here in the first place only worse since things would be further along.

And this is different from what's currently happening how?

Quote:

She wouldn't win now. Especially since she left her post as governor. That alone would be an effective anti campaign item.

Good. Then we can stop talking about her and move on.
post #227 of 594
Quote:

Indeed we should.

Good. Then we can stop talking about her and move on.

Quote:

Because they're trying to do something about it ( personal opinions aside ).

Quote:
Good. Then we can stop talking about her and move on

No. Like all things in history it would be a mistake not to remember and be reminded of what could happen!
post #228 of 594
Quote:

But could have...

Whatever. Could've...should've...would've. How about we deal with the reality of what is actually happening instead of your distopian fantasies of what happens when conservatives or republicans get elected.

Quote:

that's an opinion. Not a fact.

So?

Quote:

You'll have to wait for an outcome for that.

You can wait if you like. But I'm just curious, how long will you wait? When the deficit is $2 trillion? When unemployment is 11%? When the federal government has taken over more companies? Where is your line in the sand?
post #229 of 594
Quote:

No. Like all things in history it would be a mistake not to remember and be reminded of what could happen!

I agree. So then we can talk about the Great Depression, and Hoover and FDR and how the policies they implemented created the Great Depression and how the policies of today (both Bush and Obama) are so strikingly similar. Like that?
post #230 of 594
Quote:

Whatever. Could've...should've...would've. How about we deal with the reality of what is actually happening instead of your distopian fantasies of what happens when conservatives or republicans get elected.

So?

You can wait if you like. But I'm just curious, how long will you wait? When the deficit is $2 trillion? When unemployment is 11%? When the federal government has taken over more companies? Where is your line in the sand?

Quote:
Whatever. Could've...should've...would've. How about we deal with the reality of what is actually happening instead of your distopian fantasies of what happens when conservatives or republicans get elected

I suppose you'd have us forget about things like Watergate, Vietnam, Iraq!
These are things we sould consider while making a decision.

Quote:
So?

Two different things. One's an unproven opinion the other is a proven fact. No matter how similar this situation has never really existed before.

Quote:

Maybe after more than a tiny amount of the stimulus has been spent.

http://media.www.ecollegetimes.com/m...-3744712.shtml

And that's really the kicker about all of these complaints ( and what's going to make the republicans look bad ). It takes a lot of time to get these programs going ( a couple of years at least ). Not much of your money has been spent yet.
post #231 of 594
Quote:

I'm sure it would be pretty much exactly the same because McCain isn't very conservative.

post #232 of 594
Yes if Mcsame and the wolf killer had won things would have been much the same as when Bush was president. The same policies that led to this. And things would also be worse because we'd be closer to the edge of that cliff than we were before the election.
post #233 of 594
Quote:
I'm sure it would be pretty much exactly the same because McCain isn't very conservative.

Who is?
post #234 of 594
Quote:

Yes if Mcsame and the wolf killer had won things would have been much the same as when Bush was president.

Things are much the same as when Bush was president.

Quote:

And things would also be worse because we'd be closer to the edge of that cliff than we were before the election.

Things are much closer to the edge of the cliff since the election.
post #235 of 594
The North Koreans are intimidated by Hillary right now so they are basically calling her names. She is hanging in there.

If sara had attained VP or sec state and they called her names, she would just quit.

post #236 of 594
Quote:

The North Koreans are intimidated by Hillary right now so they are basically calling her names. She is hanging in there.

If sara had attained VP or sec state and they called her names, she would just quit.

Always thought Hilary would make a better president.
post #237 of 594
Quote:

Things are much the same as when Bush was president.

Yeah, that health care thing, the lower payroll tax, the US president more popular than Al Qaeda in Muslim countries, it's all the same.
post #238 of 594
Palin is out of office!

Sadly, she will continue to try to spread her lack of knowledge far and wide and continue to influence the US as long as she can, and get filthy rich while doing so.

Some guy was at the event wearing a T-shirt that had "Palintologist someone who studies Palin and shares her conservative values, Maverick attitude and American style."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_245021.html

Houston, we have a problem.

---

PS Anybody notice what Todd was wearing to this event? He looked so out of place...

post #239 of 594
Quote:

"Palintologist someone who studies Palin and shares her conservative values, Maverick attitude and American style."

At least they are into some sort of science ....
post #240 of 594
Surely Palin would have been a better Veep than Mr. "Gaffe Machine" Biden.

The guy has no clue what he's talking about.

Joe Biden vs Joe Biden on the Stimulushttp://blog.heritage.org/2009/07/27/...-the-stimulus/

Quote:
Quote:
The care with which we are carrying out the provisions of the Recovery Act has led some people to ask whether we are moving too slowly. But the act was intended to provide steady support for our economy over an extended period not a jolt that would last only a few months.

- Vice President Joe Biden New York Times, July 26, 2009.

Quote:
The Recovery Act, as we call it, provides a necessary jolt to our economy to implement what we refer as shovel-ready projects, meaning projects that were on the books that were needed in the municipalities and the states that would improve the quality of life for our constituents, the competitiveness of our businesses, but were unable to be funded.

- Vice President Joe Biden, Remarks at The Progressive Governance Conference, March 28, 2009.

Jolt or not jolt, President Barack Obamas $787 billion stimulus plan is proving to be a colossal failure. President Obama promised the American people that if his stimulus passed, unemployment would not rise above 8% and that the U.S. economy would have 138.6 million jobs by 2010. In reality, the Obama stimulus has already witnessed 9.5% unemployment and is 6.4 million jobs short of what was promised by 2010. Heritage fellow J.D. Foster explains where Obama and Biden went wrong:

Quote:
The Keynesian stimulus theory fails for the simple reason that it is only half a theory. It correctly describes how deficit spending can raise the level of demand in part of the economy, and ignores how government borrowing to finance deficit spending automatically reduces demand elsewhere. Exculpatory allusions to idle saving simply do not wash in a modern economy supported by a modern financial system. Deficit spending does not create real purchasing power and so it cannot increase total demand in the economy. Deficit spending can only shift the pattern of demand toward government-centric preferences.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Palin's Sailin'