or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Palin's Sailin'

Palin's Sailin' - Page 7

post #241 of 594
What's astonishing to me is how many Republicans have rallied around a quitter. That surprises me considering Republican contempt for quitting, not excelling, not taking care of yourself.

A contradiction, no?
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #242 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

What's astonishing to me is how many Republicans have rallied around a quitter. That surprises me considering Republican contempt for quitting, not excelling, not taking care of yourself.

A contradiction, no?

Astonishing.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #243 of 594
Sarah Pallin, Joe the Plumber and the Birthers.

Your contemporary conservative movement in the good ol' United States of American. An incurious quitter, an self-professed idiot, and a cabal of conspiracy theory nuts. GO GOP!
post #244 of 594
Quote:

Your contemporary conservative movement in the good ol' United States of American. An incurious quitter, an self-professed idiot, and a cabal of conspiracy theory nuts. GO GOP!

You need to get out more. The conservative movement is alive and well, and certainly not represented or lead by any of the parties you referred to above.

post #245 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

You need to get out more. The conservative movement is alive and well, and certainly not represented or lead by any of the parties you referred to above.

And yet the three get defended at all costs.

Once you guys stop being the Southern White Leadership Club give me a call.
post #246 of 594
Quote:

And yet the three get defended at all costs.

Once you guys stop being the Southern White Leadership Club give me a call.

Where are you coming up with this stuff?

post #247 of 594
Quote:

They will make for great election ads.
It's going to be beautiful theng.
First Bush now these dudes.. wow man.

My tip for good Jazz:
Eugene Maslov
post #248 of 594
Quote:

Coulda fools me. The conservative movement seems dominated by idiots and it pisses me off. Rush, Hannity, Coulter, etc like Palin and Joe. It's good for ratings. Since these folks can bang the drum louder than anyone else most of the conservative dialog is driven by them.

I mean heck, do ya really think folks like Frum have a bigger following than Coulter in the conservative movement?
post #249 of 594
Quote:

Ahh, The Birthers... Such model citizens.

Hard to imagine it, but Bill O'Reilly crushed the Birther position:
"That theory has been around for a while. The Factor investigated, found out it's bogus."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_245939.html

During the campain McSame and Dog investigated the issue and found nothing.
Can't find the link... will post it soon...

The House passed a resolution celebrating Hawaii; included was a statement that Obama was born in Hawaii. It passed unanimously after a slight pause caused by the lovely and ever so talented Bachmann.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_245741.html

USA Today has an article saying Obama's certificate is real.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...a-hawaii_N.htm

Obama has top secret security clearance which comes with a background check from CIA, FBI, NSA and other federal agencies. According to the Birthers, all of these agencies and the State of Hawaii are in on a big conspiracy to ... do what?

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #250 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

"That theory has been around for a while. The Factor investigated, found out it's bogus."

During the camp McSame and Dog investigated the issue and found nothing.

The House passed a resolution celebrating Hawaii; included was a statement that Obama was born in Hawaii. It passed unanimously after a slight pause caused by the lovely and ever so talented Bachmann.

Obama has top secret security clearance which comes with a background check from CIA, FBI, NSA and other federal agencies. According to the Birthers, all of these agencies and the State of Hawaii are in on a big conspiracy to ... do what?

But, but, but, we want our country back, that ... stole it on November 4th, by 9.5M+ votes even.

We must justify our hatred for that ... somehow you know.

We will not be satisified until someone ... that ...

Until then, we will not say anything positive about that ...

Signed,
Sarah the Bailor
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #251 of 594
Quote:

During the camp McSame and Dog investigated the issue and found nothing.

He still has not produced his Long Form Birth Certificate.

post #252 of 594
Quote:

You still have not produced yours, Jäzzgürü.

Obama has invented time travel technology and placed his own ad in a 1961 paper. We are so lucky to have him. the guy is just amazing.

The FBI, CIA, John McCain, State Dept have all been duped by Obama, that's obvious. The Nigerians have taken over the US that is sooo fücking cool.

Tafandani moja Schillingi. Haracka Haracka Haina Baracka.

They just found a brain in the piano harp... could that have been yours?
post #253 of 594
Quote:

And then?
post #254 of 594
Care to address the statement I made? Can you?

post #255 of 594
Quote:

Of what consequence is this?
proud resident of a failed state
post #256 of 594
Quote:

Care to address the statement I made? Can you?

And then?
post #257 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat View Post

Of what consequence is this?

http://www.wnd.com/eligibility

post #258 of 594
You'll have to explain the significance of that link.

Does the "long form birth certificate" have something to do with Constitutional eligibity to hold the office of president?
post #259 of 594

post #260 of 594
Quote:

http://www.wnd.com/eligibility

WorldNetDaily

Joseph Farah

Birds of a feather flock together.

And then?
post #261 of 594
Quote:

Does the "long form birth certificate" have something to do with Constitutional eligibity to hold the office of president?

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=101483

It is possible to have been born outside Hawaii and to have obtained a "Certification of Live Birth", also known as a Short Form Birth Certificate.

Obama's "Eligibility Team" has provided a "Certification of Live Birth" in an attempt to prove that he is a natural-born U.S. Citizen. This does not conclusively prove that he was actually born in Hawaii.

In fact:

Even the State of Hawaii itself requires a Long Form Certificate in order to be eligible for some eligibility and identification issues.

The Constitution clearly states that to be eligible for the office of President, one must be a natural born citizen.

Obama's Long Form Hawaiian Birth Certificate would conclusively and irrefutably prove that he is Constitutionally eligible to hold the office of President.

However, the fact that it has not yet been made public raises questions as to its existence. And if it were produced now, questions as to whether it was forged/fabricated would certainly be raised.

All of this could have been avoided had the Long Form Certificate been produced when the question was originally raised.

post #262 of 594
Quote:

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=101483

It is possible to have been born outside Hawaii and to have obtained a "Certification of Live Birth", also known as a Short Form Birth Certificate.

Obama's "Eligibility Team" has provided a "Certification of Live Birth" in an attempt to prove that he is a natural-born U.S. Citizen. This does not conclusively prove that he was actually born in Hawaii.

In fact:

Even the State of Hawaii itself requires a Long Form Certificate in order to be eligible for some eligibility and identification issues.

The Constitution clearly states that to be eligible for the office of President, one must be a natural born citizen.

Obama's Long Form Hawaiian Birth Certificate would conclusively and irrefutably prove that he is Constitutionally eligible to hold the office of President.

However, the fact that it has not yet been made public raises questions as to its existence. And if it were produced now, questions as to whether it was forged/fabricated would certainly be raised.

All of this could have been avoided had the Long Form Certificate been produced when the question was originally raised.

No it would not!

And then?
post #263 of 594
Wing Nut Daily!

Quote:
In a February 10, 2009, [WND] column, Janet Porter further alleged that President Obama was acting as a mole for the Soviet Union. Porter suggested that Obama was raised as an atheist and Communist and was subsequently trained by Soviet agents during the early 1990s. Porter also suggested that Obama's election as president was the result of a long-term Communist conspiracy. Porter's only evidence for these allegations was a series of uncorroborated claims made to her by an American computer programmer, who claimed to have spoken to a Russian scientist in 1994 who told him that Obama was a Communist and was being groomed by Russian agents to infiltrate the presidency.[52][53]

eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #264 of 594
Hawaii will issue certs of live birth but they include the location of the birth (ie, if John Doe was born on Jupiter, the certificate would list Jupiter). Obama's shows someplace in Hawaii.

Janice Okubo, director of communications for the Hawaii Department of Health: "If you were born in Bali, for example, you could get a certificate from the state of Hawaii saying you were born in Bali. You could not get a certificate saying you were born in Honolulu. The state has to verify a fact like that for it to appear on the certificate."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_...iracy_theories

Hawaii, this from the state, also no longer issues long forms.

http://hawaii.gov/dhhl/applicants/appforms/applyhhl

post #265 of 594
Quote:

This is what drives the extremerightwingnutjobs also known an Palinites or Dittoheads.

Barack Obama citizenship conspiracy theories

What better vehicle to drive and maintain their hate speech?

Conspiracy theories never die, they only grow wierder and wierder.
post #266 of 594
Quote:

Hawaii will issue certs of live birth but they include the location of the birth (ie, if John Doe was born on Jupiter, the certificate would list Jupiter). Obama's shows someplace in Hawaii.

Janice Okubo, director of communications for the Hawaii Department of Health: "If you were born in Bali, for example, you could get a certificate from the state of Hawaii saying you were born in Bali. You could not get a certificate saying you were born in Honolulu. The state has to verify a fact like that for it to appear on the certificate."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_...iracy_theories

Hawaii, this from the state, also no longer issues long forms.

http://hawaii.gov/dhhl/applicants/appforms/applyhhl

But, but, but, we can't dispel this one, because it works in our favor in the end.

Actually it acts in Obama's favor, as it paints these extremerightwingnutjobs into the proverbial corner of their own doing.

The Birthers are being used, and they are all too stupid to even realize this one salient cogent fact.
post #267 of 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

The Birthers are being used, and they are all too stupid to even realize this one salient cogent fact.

It's a religious thing.
post #268 of 594
Quote:

And the birth certificate will say where outside Hawaii the child was born.
Obama's birth certificate says "Honolulu", which is in Hawaii.

Quote:

Eh, no.

The Department of Hawaiian Home Lands accepts both Certificates of Live Birth (original birth certificate) and Certifications of Live Birth because they are official government records documenting an individual’s birth. The Certificate of Live Birth generally has more information which is useful for genealogical purposes as compared to the Certification of Live Birth which is a computer-generated printout that provides specific details of a person’s birth. Although original birth certificates (Certificates of Live Birth) are preferred for their greater detail, the State Department of Health (DOH) no longer issues Certificates of Live Birth. When a request is made for a copy of a birth certificate, the DOH issues a Certification of Live Birth.
post #269 of 594
Quote:

Eh, no.

The Department of Hawaiian Home Lands accepts both Certificates of Live Birth (original birth certificate) and Certifications of Live Birth because they are official government records documenting an individuals birth. The Certificate of Live Birth generally has more information which is useful for genealogical purposes as compared to the Certification of Live Birth which is a computer-generated printout that provides specific details of a persons birth. Although original birth certificates (Certificates of Live Birth) are preferred for their greater detail, the State Department of Health (DOH) no longer issues Certificates of Live Birth. When a request is made for a copy of a birth certificate, the DOH issues a Certification of Live Birth.

CNN's gross negligence on birth certificate

Quote:
If this way to access copies of the original birth certificate no longer exists (i.e. if the scanned digital images or microform copies of the original birth certificates have been destroyed or altered) the Hawaiian Department of Health has, sometime in the last month and a half, committed a crime of the destruction of evidence of historic significance. It's hard to believe it would do this. But the Hawaiian Department of Health has been so slippery on this issue that, at this point, nothing would surprise us.

Goobermint conspiracies are the best kind, but then again, is there any other kind?
post #270 of 594
Idiot wingnut conspiracies actually thrive on lack of evidence, oddly enough.

"If it's not true, then how come I can keep saying it!??!
post #271 of 594
Quote:

Will it, in every case, say where outside Hawaii the child was born? It's more complicated than you might think.

Obama's online 'birth cert' misses 'proving' eligibility

Quote:
Eh, no.

The Department of Hawaiian Home Lands accepts both Certificates of Live Birth (original birth certificate) and Certifications of Live Birth because they are official government records documenting an individuals birth. The Certificate of Live Birth generally has more information which is useful for genealogical purposes as compared to the Certification of Live Birth which is a computer-generated printout that provides specific details of a persons birth. Although original birth certificates (Certificates of Live Birth) are preferred for their greater detail, the State Department of Health (DOH) no longer issues Certificates of Live Birth. When a request is made for a copy of a birth certificate, the DOH issues a Certification of Live Birth.

As of the date of that article, the website stated that only a Certificate of Live Birth (Long Form) was acceptable. I remember reading it and noting that it clearly stated such. The website has since been updated/altered.

In fact, the article quotes the original requirement:

"In order to process your application, DHHL utilizes information that is found only on the original Certificate of Live Birth, which is either black or green," the qualifications state. "This is a more complete record of your birth than the Certification of Live Birth (a computer-generated printout). Submitting the original Certificate of Live Birth will save you time and money since the computer-generated Certification requires additional verification by DHHL."

They said they use information that is found "only on the original Certificate of Live Birth". Certifications of Live Birth were accepted, but required "additional verification".

post #272 of 594
Quote:
Will it, in every case, say where outside Hawaii the child was born?

From your link:
"We would not be issuing birth certificates of individuals not born in the state of Hawaii," - Hawaii state Registrar Dr. Alvin Onaka.

"I, and Dr. Alvin Onaka have personally seen and verified that the Hawaii State Department of Health has Sen. Obama's original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures," - Hawaiian Health Director Chiyome Fukino.

Quote:
It's more complicated than you might think.

Not really. It's pretty simple. Every single Hawaiian official who would know has plainly stated that Obama was born in Honolulu. There are newspapers corroborating the state evidence.

This is a racist conspiracy theory.

Quote:
Certifications of Live Birth were accepted, but required "additional verification".

Yes... and?
post #273 of 594
Quote:

From your link:
"We would not be issuing birth certificates of individuals not born in the state of Hawaii," - Hawaii state Registrar Dr. Alvin Onaka.

"I, and Dr. Alvin Onaka have personally seen and verified that the Hawaii State Department of Health has Sen. Obama's original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures," - Hawaiian Health Director Chiyome Fukino.

Keep on reading:

Quote:
But the statement didn't reveal what the document contains, nor has any clarification ever been released.

While Onaka documented the need for medical records and statements from a midwife, he did not cite any independent investigative procedures for a report that would be submitted by a midwife. Also, Hawaiian law specifically allows "an adult or the legal parents of a minor child" to apply to the health department and, upon unspecified proof, be given the birth document.

The only requirement for proof cited in the law doesn't address the birth of the child either, just "that the legal parents of such individual while living without Territory or State of Hawaii had declared the Territory or State of Hawaii as their legal resident for at least one year immediately preceding the birth or adoption of such child."

According to Jerry Fuller and Mike Persons of the passport services division of the U.S. State Department, a document such as the online COLB could be acceptable to prove U.S. citizenship for the purposes of getting a passport if it contains a certain number of components, such as time and date of birth, location and name.

Fuller also said birth certificates should reveal the location of the child's birth accurately, but he confirmed there are cases known where that has not happened.

"There are some documents that say things that aren't true," Fuller said. "That's not what's supposed to happen."

White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs in recent weeks has referred repeatedly to an online image of a "Certification of Live Birth" as President Obama's "birth certificate," suggesting it documents the president's origins.

But the vagueness of the law has produced different answers at different times.

Robert Klein Engler, who writes at Chronwatch-America.com, said he called the State Department to ask about obtaining a U.S. passport with only a "Certification of Live Birth."

"I was told flat out, 'No!'" he told WND.

Quote:
Not really. It's pretty simple. Every single Hawaiian official who would know has plainly stated that Obama was born in Honolulu. There are newspapers corroborating the state evidence.

No, it really isn't that simple, as indicated by the passage I quoted above.

Quote:
This is a racist conspiracy theory.

You are the first person to mention race in this argument, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with it. Where a person is born has nothing to do with his/her race, anyway. I wouldn't care if Obama was born in the U.K., Lithuania, or South Africa. If he is not a natural born citizen of the United States of America, then he is ineligible to hold the office of president.

Quote:
Yes... and?

And what? The information on the website originally stated that the Long Form Certificate was required, as they needed information that could be found only on that document.

post #274 of 594
Quote:
Fuller also said birth certificates should reveal the location of the child's birth accurately, but he confirmed there are cases known where that has not happened.

"There are some documents that say things that aren't true," Fuller said. "That's not what's supposed to happen."

So why do we think that other mistakes would indicate a mistake was made on Obama's behalf, especially when we have so much corroborating evidence and the officials involved would clear it?

Birth certificate mistakes have been made in all states, so why the lack of conspiracy theories about all previous presidents and presidential candidates?

Quote:
No, it really isn't that simple, as indicated by the passage I quoted above.

Are you denying that every Hawaiian official asked to look into this has come back saying that Obama was born in Hawaii?

Quote:
You are the first person to mention race in this argument, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with it. ... If he is not a natural born citizen of the United States of America, then he is ineligible to hold the office of president.

And these long-running suspicions, despite official repudiation, would not persist if Obama were not the child of an African father.

Quote:
And what? The information on the website originally stated that the Long Form Certificate was required, as they needed information that could be found only on that document.

Did it? Do you have evidence of this? Did Hawaii change policies?
post #275 of 594
Quote:

So why do we think that other mistakes would indicate a mistake was made on Obama's behalf, especially when we have so much corroborating evidence and the officials involved would clear it?

Birth certificate mistakes have been made in all states, so why the lack of conspiracy theories about all previous presidents and presidential candidates?

Are you denying that every Hawaiian official asked to look into this has come back saying that Obama was born in Hawaii?

And these long-running suspicions, despite official repudiation, would not persist if Obama were not the child of an African father.

Did it? Do you have evidence of this? Did Hawaii change policies?

Wasn't there an investigation and even a Congressional hearing on John McCain's eligibility?

Where's the Congressional hearing on Obama's eligibility?

Officials saying "trust us, he's legit" is not enough. Would that be enough for you if McCain was president and his eligibility were still in question?

Produce the original birth certificate, and this all goes away.

You are certainly entitled to your own assumptions as to the motivation/intent of those questioning Obama's eligibility. But note that you are the first person to mention race in this argument.

Do you have evidence that Hawaii didn't change its policies?

post #276 of 594
Quote:
Officials saying "trust us, he's legit" is not enough.

Actually, it is.

It might not be enough for wignut conspiracy theorists, but for normal humans and government officials it works just fine.

What evidence do you have that Obama was born anywhere but Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii?

Quote:
Would that be enough for you if McCain was president and his eligibility were still in question?

This is a poorly phrased question. I would be more than happy to accept McCain's natural citizenship if every single official involved in such matters said that he was a natural citizen.

Quote:
Produce the original birth certificate, and this all goes away.

Where is the original? Do you have your original birth certificate? I don't. My wife doesn't.

"He doesn't have a piece of paper from 48 years ago?! He must be Kenyan!"

Quote:
Do you have evidence that Hawaii didn't change its policies?

No, but you're asking me to prove that something didn't happen, which is a stupid thing to ask.
post #277 of 594
If a Certification of Live Birth is not enough to get a U.S. passport, why should it be enough to be President?

Why are you asking me to provide proof to back up my claims, and not asking Obama and the "officials" to do the same?

And by way of small request, I feel I've been pretty civil in my arguments, I'd appreciate the same courtesy. These backhanded comments directed at those who agree with me (and me by association) are really unneccessary.

post #278 of 594
Round and round we go...

post #279 of 594
Quote:
If a Certification of Live Birth is not enough to get a U.S. passport, why should it be enough to be President?

Clearly it is enough to get a U.S. passport because Obama has a U.S. passport.

Another failing grade in Logic 101.

Quote:
Why are you asking me to provide proof to back up my claims, and not asking Obama and the "officials" to do the same?

1) They already have presented evidence to back up their claims (i.e., the birth certificate).
2) They know Hawaii's naturalization and birth registration procedures and policies.

You, meanwhile, have no evidence of Obama being born anywhere but Honolulu.

Quote:
And by way of small request, I feel I've been pretty civil in my arguments, I'd appreciate the same courtesy. These backhanded comments directed at those who agree with me (and me by association) are really unneccessary.

"Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them." - Thomas Jefferson
post #280 of 594
"Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. We have called by different names brethren of the same principle. "

Thomas Jefferson, First Inaugural Address, March 4, 1801

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Palin's Sailin'