or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Liberal Media Bias - Don Lemon is pissed edition

Liberal Media Bias - Don Lemon is pissed edition

post #1 of 76
YouTube.com

This video is absolutely hilarious. I think one of the simple reasons President Obama's approval ratings have declined a bit have absolutely nothing to do with him and a lot to do with the fact that he has been traveling abroad with just regular press coverage as opposed to adoring and hero worship press coverage.

This video is a very funny and profound example of this. Don Lemon, the CNN anchor tosses out his softball loaded question hoping to rake in some fellow news correspondent Obama love and instead gets shot down.

Please do yourself a favor and do not drink fluids while watching his reaction. Please feel free to watch it several times so you can get over just looking at Nkepile Mabuse who is pretty darn cute as well.

Bush had a lot of this go on as well. Open mics, the press not respecting a shot getting set up and so forth, etc. It reminds us that the press doesn't have be adversarial toward Obama, they just have to stop worshiping him.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #2 of 76
We all know how the media loves playing up conservative verbal gaffes. Better still they love using such slips to play the idiot and intention game. It proves someone is stupid or worse still a -ist practicing an -ism.

Right now even though there is good support against Global Warming/Climate Change/Acronym and title to be changed again in the future when something polls better and discrepancies still need to be accounted for.....but of course all that dissuading information can be ignored. It comes from "bad sources" according to the intent game.

Well we don't need to play the intent game with Thomas Schelling, a Nobel Prize-winning economist. He makes his declarations quite clear and again, if anything like this ever came close to popping out the mouth of a conservative, it would be national news.

Quote:
It's a tough sell. And probably you have to find ways to exaggerate the threat. And you can in fact find ways to make the threat serious.
But I tend to be rather pessimistic. I sometimes wish that we could have, over the next five or ten years, a lot of horrid things happening -- you know, like tornadoes in the Midwest and so forth -- that would get people very concerned about climate change. But I don't think that's going to happen.

I'm hoping you die in flood waters, but it is for a good cause.

post #3 of 76
Strange that Obama's latest gaffe isn't all over the media. They must have missed it. Certainly the media always pounces on the opportunity to razz the President.

Barack Obama's gaffe: seeking greater inefficiencies

Quote:
"The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system," Obama said in remarks after a health care roundtable with physicians, nurses and health care providers. "And greater stability and security to America's families and businesses."

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #4 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Strange that Obama's latest gaffe isn't all over the media. They must have missed it. Certainly the media always pounces on the opportunity to razz the President.

Barack Obama's gaffe: seeking greater inefficiencies

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THAT'S HILARIOUS

Obama said 'inefficiencies' inseated of 'effeciciences' it's just like george bush allover again lol
post #5 of 76
ha! obama is no competition for bushisms. the comparison is akin to comparing someone who can climb a staircase to someone who scaled mount everest.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/blbushisms.htm

Quote:
"There's no question about it. Wall Street got drunk -- that's one of the reasons I asked you to turn off the TV cameras -- it got drunk and now it's got a hangover. The question is how long will it sober up and not try to do all these fancy financial instruments." --George W. Bush, speaking at a private fundraiser, Houston, Texas, July 18, 2008 (Watch video clip)
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
post #6 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by talksense101 View Post

ha! obama is no competition for bushisms. the comparison is akin to comparing someone who can climb a staircase to someone who scaled mount everest.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/blbushisms.htm

Obama's teleprompter is the ski lift to Mount Everest.
post #7 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Obama's teleprompter is the ski lift to Mount Everest.

Well at least when he gets to the top he'll find that he's standing in the same company of every modern American president since the invention of the device.

Man. I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope Mitt Romney doesn't dare use a teleprompter when he starts giving his campaign speeches next year. I'll be waiting breathlessly to see how a real Republican politician does it.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #8 of 76
My god! I hope those aren't teleprompters flanking that GOD AMONGST MEN, the holiest of holy, Ronald Fucking Reagan!

post #9 of 76
I think the issue that people have with Obama's teleprompter is that he turns into a bumbling, fumbling um-and-ah-er without it.

post #10 of 76
trumpt:

Perhaps you could tell me at what point Don Lemon is pissed in that video. He asks a question, it is answered, he smiles and says "thank you".

Liberal Media Bias - trumptman making shit up edition

jazzguru:

Quote:
I think the issue that people have with Obama's teleprompter is that he turns into a bumbling, fumbling um-and-ah-er without it.

He says "um" and "uh" a lot, but to say that Obama cannot speak off-the-cuff is simply laughable.
proud resident of a failed state
post #11 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat View Post

He says "um" and "uh" a lot, but to say that Obama cannot speak off-the-cuff is simply laughable.

True, he just takes a little longer to regurgitate the prepared talking points and say a lot of nothing.

post #12 of 76
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #13 of 76
IBDEditorial

Quote:
Fortunately, many Americans have seen through the media's one-sided coverage of the health care debate.

Even as President Obama and Democrats in Congress try to rush an expensive government takeover of health care through Congress, Americans say they don't agree with the president's plan.

According to an ABC News-Washington Post poll, only 44% of Americans approve of the way President Obama is handling health care. At least four other national polls have found that fewer than half of Americans approve of the president on health care.

To their credit, some media outlets have covered the president's fading poll numbers and held the administration accountable.

Maybe they will start covering the real news when they have gone completely bankrupt. Nah, they'll beg for a bailout.

Quote:
The national media seldom mention that the president's budget would double the national debt in five years and triple it in 10.

Of course the printing press may have broken by then or perhaps the paper might be worth more then the currency at that point.

post #14 of 76
Jury Convicts Former Lawmaker in Freezer Cash Case

Quote:
Former Rep. William Jefferson, a Democrat who had represented parts of New Orleans, was accused of accepting more than $400,000 in bribes and seeking millions more in exchange for brokering business deals in Africa. A federal jury convicted him on 11 of 16 counts, including bribery, racketeering and money laundering.

The mainstream media can't bury this one any longer, much to their dismay.

post #15 of 76
Was that story buried?

BREAKING NEWS: SHARK WEEK!
post #16 of 76

post #17 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

My god! I hope those aren't teleprompters flanking that GOD AMONGST MEN, the holiest of holy, Ronald Fucking Reagan!

That's quite deceptive. For years, Reagan wrote his own speeches in a kind of personal shorthand. I have book that shows the writings. He may have used a teleprompter as President, but he was also excellent at speaking off the cuff.

Obama is a disaster w/o one. He stumbles, can't make a point, and even gets agitated. It's pretty embarrassing for someone hailed as the Next Great Communicator.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #18 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat View Post

trumpt:

Perhaps you could tell me at what point Don Lemon is pissed in that video. He asks a question, it is answered, he smiles and says "thank you".

Liberal Media Bias - trumptman making shit up edition

jazzguru:

Dude...you can't see it? The question was absurd to begin with. It had no point other than to create the impression that Obama's popularity in Africa was unprecedented. He did not look happy with the answer at all. He was composed, but it was clear.
post #19 of 76
Quote:

That's because he's green behind the ears. His words not mine.
post #20 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

That's quite deceptive. For years, Reagan wrote his own speeches in a kind of personal shorthand. I have book that shows the writings. He may have used a teleprompter as President, but he was also excellent at speaking off the cuff.

Obama is a disaster w/o one. He stumbles, can't make a point, and even gets agitated. It's pretty embarrassing for someone hailed as the Next Great Communicator.

This just isn't true. It's just not.

If you haven't seen his town halls and his debates and you believe the stuff they write on Little Green Footballs, maybe.

But it's just not true.
post #21 of 76
There's no doubt that he was expecting a different answer, but to then jump to saying he was "pissed" is a joke. He's smiling, for Christ's sake.

I think what you people are doing is projecting, and projecting in a very obvious way.
- You want to believe that the media "worships" Obama.
- You want to believe that these media people are emotionally invested in Obama such that their happiness is subject to minor issues and events relating to Obama.

Lemon neither looks nor sounds any different in those last 20 seconds than he did in the first 40 seconds. There is zero indication that he's "pissed". He doesn't even look or sound vaguely upset.

Don't stop, believin'
ooooOOOOOOOooooo!
post #22 of 76
Economy's in the crapper, cap-'n'-trade looming, health care debates raging, unemployment creeping up, etc. etc.

Rest assured that the hard-line journalists at Time mag are doing comprehensive, exhaustive research to give us the facts...about Barack Obama's Golf Game.

post #23 of 76
Quote:

Economy's in the crapper, cap-'n'-trade looming, health care debates raging, unemployment creeping up, etc. etc.

Rest assured that the hard-line journalists at Time mag are doing comprehensive, exhaustive research to give us the facts...about Barack Obama's Golf Game.

Quote:
Economy's in the crapper

It was last year also.

Quote:
Barack Obama's Golf Game

I'm pretty sure they don't want to touch the stupidity of the question of his birth place!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #24 of 76
Quote:

Hey Bush did this with a teleprompter so what's your point?
post #25 of 76
Pissed? Probably not. Surprised. That was evident. I did laugh at his double take.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #26 of 76
Here's an example of Obama's great oratory skills.

Quote:
The [so-called stimulus] plan was divided into three parts. One-third of the money has gone to tax relief for families and small businesses. One-third of the money is cutting peoples taxes. . . . Another third of the money in the Recovery Act has been for emergency relief that is helping folks whove borne the brunt of this recession. . . . So thats the second half. First half, tax relief. Second half, support for individuals, small businesses, and states that had fallen on hard times. The last third of the Recovery Act--and thats what were going to talk about here today--is for investments . . .--Barack Obama, Aug. 5

Who knew Hope and Change would result in three halves out of a whole
post #27 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Here's an example of Obama's great oratory skills.

Who knew Hope and Change would result in three halves out of a whole

If this is the best you can do, this meme is definitely going to die.

http://patriotroom.com/article/obama...-1-2---1-3---1

Barack Obama, incidentally, is going to win the next election.
post #28 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

If this is the best you can do, this meme is definitely going to die.

http://patriotroom.com/article/obama...-1-2---1-3---1

Barack Obama, incidentally, is going to win the next election.

Odds are in his favor.
post #29 of 76
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/ken-she...tic-affiliatio

What's that party again?

Quote:
As if to insist that the broadcast networks shouldn't corner the market on "Name That Party" fun, CNN this morning joined in the fun when reporting on yesterday's conviction of former Rep. William Jefferson (D-La.) on 11 corruption charges.

Yet when reporting the story shortly after 9:30 a.m. EDT today, "CNN Newsroom" anchor Heidi Collins neglected to mention Jefferson's Democratic Party affiliation.

What's more, ten minutes earlier, neither Collins nor CNN producer Mike Ahlers mentioned the party affiliation of another ethically compromised Democrat, admitted adulterer John Edwards. The former one-term senator is under investigation for payments made by his political action committee to a former mistress.

What, you didn't know Edwards is under investigation for paying off his mistress? Don't worry, we still have a couple stories about what brand of tampons Palin uses and some speculation about when she might start menopause to fill that time instead.

post #30 of 76
If you follow the link found in that article you will see why. He is drawing from a pool of 60 states! :biggrin:

He states that he has been to 57 states so far and has one more to go. Not including Alaska and Hawaii.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #31 of 76
Wow....

Peter Schiff might have even gotten a sentence or two out there. I wasn't aware interviews were monologues by the host.

post #32 of 76
That host was looking for a sound byte and nothing more.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #33 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

That host was looking for a sound byte and nothing more.

Absolutely, and if Bill O'Reilly can do it, so can whatever the fuck his name is...
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
post #34 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardeeharhar View Post

Absolutely, and if Bill O'Reilly can do it, so can whatever the fuck his name is...

So apparently we have drifted into "Two Wrongs Make a Right" territory.

In this world $1.8 trillion deficits are fine because the idiot (or at least the Congress) before ran $400 billion deficits. Where the president (and Congress) before spending large sums of money on a destructive endeavors based on faulty premises (wars in Iraq and Afghanistan) is justification for spending large sums of money other destructive endeavors based on faulty premises (health care "reform", "Cash for Clunkers", government "stimulus" programs and "Cap and Trade").
post #35 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Wow....

Peter Schiff might have even gotten a sentence or two out there. I wasn't aware interviews were monologues by the host.

Wow. That host should just be fired.
post #36 of 76
I think the commentator asked reasonable questions like " You want to do nothing? "

Exactly!

I'm sure conservatives and Republicans wouldn't like this.

What is it someone here said? " If you can't stand the heat....."
post #37 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

I think the commentator asked reasonable questions like " You want to do nothing? "

Exactly!

I'm sure conservatives and Republicans wouldn't like this.

What is it someone here said? " If you can't stand the heat....."

No one has a problem with the questions. It is the not allowing him to give answers that is the problem.

post #38 of 76
The questions were not the issue. That host shouted the guest down when he was trying to answer and putting words in his mouth.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #39 of 76
" If you can't stand the heat......"
post #40 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

" If you can't stand the heat......"

Don't go on the flaming show? It is obviously a waste of your time to try to get your message heard by a host who does not want to hear it.
NoahJ
NoahJ
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Liberal Media Bias - Don Lemon is pissed edition