or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › New "Episode II" trailer!

New "Episode II" trailer!

post #1 of 15
This one looks AWESOME...the franchise might be okay after all.

<a href="http://starwars.apple.com/ep2/forbidden/" target="_blank">http://starwars.apple.com/ep2/forbidden/</a>

Combined with the other two, this looks to be shaping up to be a darker, more dramatic movie, in much the way "Empire" was to the first "Star Wars". I enjoyed this trailer and it actually has me looking forward to seeing the movie...which I guess is the point, right?

post #2 of 15
I guess this is another one of those that you can't link to directly.

try: <a href="http://www.apple.com/trailers/" target="_blank">http://www.apple.com/trailers/</A>

pscates - don't you realize that if you're a TRUE Star Wars fan, you are obligated to hate this. What's wrong with you? Repeat after me: "George Lucas is an egomaniac. I will accept nothing he does. George Lucas in an egomaniac. I will..."

I agree with you, I think it looks good.
post #3 of 15
Why is it that George feels the need to cast crappy actors for the leading parts?

Mark Hammil, Jake Lloyd, and now this guy. Jeesus.

Aside from that it's going to be cool. It really makes me think Episode 3 is going to be dark and sinister, which would rock. Hopefully Anakin kills Jar-Jar in a fit of confused rage.

Seeing Anakin turn into Vader will rule.
proud resident of a failed state
post #4 of 15
There's been nothing in any of the trailers that makes me optimistic Attack of the Clones won't just be about the effects, just like Phantom Menace. A few hugs and kisses isn't enough to make a story more intriguing.

Another worry is the acting. In the original movies, the acting was a little, er, stiff but Phantom Menace had bad acting. I mean horrendous, awful, laughable acting. Hayden Christensen doesn't fill me with hope...

On a related matter, I expressed anger that the Star Wars Special Edition included the ludicrous "Greedo shoots first" alteration. Has anyone seen the changes for the re-issue of E.T.?! They changed a line because it mentions terrorists, and digitally altered the Government goons guns into radios!

Now as much as I applaud a non-aggressive welcome for non-human lifeforms, I'm pretty certain guns would be a smarter option.
Chicanery.
Chicanery.
post #5 of 15
Isn't this just Titanic but in space?

Heh I am sure it will be good.
The crucial memorandum will be snared in the out-basket by
the paper clip of the overlying memo and go to file.
The crucial memorandum will be snared in the out-basket by
the paper clip of the overlying memo and go to file.
post #6 of 15
And Scates, don't think I haven't noticed you're drooling over the trailer crammed full of gratuitous Natalie Portman shots...

I see they gave her Leia hair buns in one scene.
Chicanery.
Chicanery.
post #7 of 15
No, I don't think the smoochy stuff makes for a better movie, but on whole (along with the other two teasers), this story looks a little more expansive and serious, and not as cutesy as the hard-to-watch Episode I.

If anything, it looks like there may be a little more conflict and action.

Maybe I'm just swayed by the absence of The Brat and can't help but think this movie has to be better than the one before.

What's funny: not one of the three trailers has featured Jar Jar (save for one quick shot of him in the background). Looks like Lucas and the gang themselves know he's a liability this time around and aren't going out of their way to trumpet his presence in the movie...otherwise, he surely would've been given more screen time in at least ONE of the three trailers!

post #8 of 15
Natalie Portman has a beautiful smile and a clean-scrubbed, girl-next-door look. She's very pretty, but I don't get completely ga-ga over her like some others do.

She's kinda like your best friend's little sister. You know she's cute and attractive and you realize that she's going to be breaking hearts in a major way someday, but saying or thinking anything beyond that just doesn't feel right.

Must be the age thing, because if she was 30 or so, I have the feeling she'd be there in my "Fairuza Balk/Andrea Parker/Ashleigh Banfield/Gillian Anderson" list.

post #9 of 15
Looks sweet, NP is looking hotter than ever. But damn does she always have to wear such whacked clothing? I mean being from a galaxy far far away is one thing, but some of those outfits don't make any sense. And why the heck does she have to change in every single scene?

Ewan McGregor is looking badass with the beard, good job of making him and NP look much older than the previous movie.

I agree with grover, this Hayden dude looks stiffer than a board. Maybe Lucas has an adversion to people who can act playing the main role? I'm looking forward to this one.
post #10 of 15
What I'd love to see is a villain so strong in the Force that he can bend the world to his wishes... like in the Matrix where Neo breathes out and the hallway warps, or in Akira, innumerable scenes.

Anakin claimed "one day I will be the strongest Jedi" or something of the sort... lov eto see him do some Force tricks WITHOUT a lightsaber.
post #11 of 15
[quote]Originally posted by cdhostage:
<strong>

Anakin claimed "one day I will be the strongest Jedi" or something of the sort... lov eto see him do some Force tricks WITHOUT a lightsaber.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well since Vader did a pretty nice job of killing off most of the jedi I'd say we are going to get to see him use some mad force powers in Episode III.
post #12 of 15
post #13 of 15
All the NatPort lovers should dig that tight black leather number she's sporting in front of the fire.

Watching the trailer again for the 3rd time I'm thinking that the stiffness of this kid is natural since he's in the angry confused teen mode. He's obviously not a great actor, but teenagers are hardly smooth moving creatures.

You see the way he hacks that dude at the end? That boy is pissed.
post #14 of 15
Natalie Portman pfft...Her face got wider...her cheeks got cheekier. Give me post-Beautiful Girls, pre-Mars Attacks Natalie Portman any day.

Give me Josie Maran instead...

If you look at the few trailers that have made it otu so far, there are way too many locations for this to be a good film.

Tatooine, Coruscant, a watery ocean city, what looks like a few locations on Naboo...
I can change my sig again!
I can change my sig again!
post #15 of 15
[quote]Originally posted by groverat:
<strong>All the NatPort lovers should dig that tight black leather number she's sporting in front of the fire.

I'm thinking that the stiffness of this kid is natural since he's in the angry confused teen mode.</strong><hr></blockquote>
God I love enuendo-laced double entendre like this. :cool:

[ 11-17-2001: Message edited by: starfleetX ]</p>
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › New "Episode II" trailer!