or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › consumer feedback and bad service here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

consumer feedback and bad service here

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
i would say the worst service is 20 customers and 1 employee working. and 1 guy helping everyone. which took time between other questions.

but

what did you learn about Apple Inc.? what suggestions for management of the company do you have? did anything that surprise you when you went to get service from mac but you were like , surprised that this occur or etc?
post #2 of 11
What are you talking about?
post #3 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by piot View Post

What are you talking about?

like bad experiences you had and what would you suggest management of a apple store?
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasupmayne View Post

like bad experiences you had and what would you suggest management of a apple store?

I went into an AppleStore shortly after the launch of the first alu. MacBook and asked how I was supposed to use it in Target Mode without a FW port? ended up going through 6 employees, some who assured me that it would work over USB, some who said I just needed to buy a FW > USB adapter. Clueless.

Last week I went into an Apple Premium Reseller for a HDD for a G5 iMac; despite me knowing the model, they couldn't advise what HDD I could put in it unless I brought it in, the iMac that is, as apparently the HDD can't be removed except by a technician! This conclusion was reached by the 2nd person I spoke to, as the first did not know what I meant by G5
post #5 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpw View Post

I went into an AppleStore shortly after the launch of the first alu. MacBook and asked how I was supposed to use it in Target Mode without a FW port? ended up going through 6 employees, some who assured me that it would work over USB, some who said I just needed to buy a FW > USB adapter. Clueless.

Last week I went into an Apple Premium Reseller for a HDD for a G5 iMac; despite me knowing the model, they couldn't advise what HDD I could put in it unless I brought it in, the iMac that is, as apparently the HDD can't be removed except by a technician! This conclusion was reached by the 2nd person I spoke to, as the first did not know what I meant by G5


sorry to hear. so do you think apple has any foreign competition. where there is another brand product that is used more than apples?
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasupmayne View Post

sorry to hear. so do you think apple has any foreign competition. where there is another brand product that is used more than apples?

MS Windows is a product used more than Apple's OSX. And Google's Chrome OS will, I think, be a huge hit in the consumer netbook/laptop market from launch. It's success will of course depend on the hardware available, if Google put their brand to a decent piece of hardware that was trendy enough to capture the media's attention I think that would really hit Apple's hardware sales.

I don't think there are many existing hardware makers who could use Chrome OS to do battle though, as I think the branded range needs to be a single OS; Sony for example make some great hardware, but the range is too bloated, and adding another version with a different OS would confuse the consumer. Somebody needs to launch a Chrome OS branded range as stand alone (even if it's Sony/Samsung/Asus under the hood)
post #7 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpw View Post

MS Windows is a product used more than Apple's OSX. And Google's Chrome OS will, I think, be a huge hit in the consumer netbook/laptop market from launch. It's success will of course depend on the hardware available, if Google put their brand to a decent piece of hardware that was trendy enough to capture the media's attention I think that would really hit Apple's hardware sales.

I don't think there are many existing hardware makers who could use Chrome OS to do battle though, as I think the branded range needs to be a single OS; Sony for example make some great hardware, but the range is too bloated, and adding another version with a different OS would confuse the consumer. Somebody needs to launch a Chrome OS branded range as stand alone (even if it's Sony/Samsung/Asus under the hood)

interesting and what you think about the tough trade policies of foreign governments for apple ?
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasupmayne View Post

interesting and what you think about the tough trade policies of foreign governments for apple ?

Not aware of what policies you're talking about.
post #9 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpw View Post

Not aware of what policies you're talking about.

well nvm that. so do you know if apple has any tough competition from other companies in the market. like one that is slightly right there with them side by side or is above apple or is struggling close to apple
post #10 of 11
in terms of competitors, you have to be more specific.

Product to Product comparison ?
Profit to Profit ?
Marketshare ? ... specific marketshare ...


microsoft and apple are face to face when it comes to operating systems. There are more computers with microsoft windows operating systems than with apple's mac os X at the moment, not sure if that's a fact, just guessing here. but that can have so many meanings depending on how you look it at ... be specific please and some can maybe reply..

good luck
post #11 of 11
Ok wasup, this thread is a week old now. One last chance.

What is it you want to know?
Any particular reason... why you want to know?
Do you have a point to make?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › consumer feedback and bad service here