or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Steve Ballmer calls Apple's Mac growth a "rounding error"

Steve Ballmer calls Apple's Mac growth a "rounding error" - Page 6

post #201 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucep View Post

PART ONE

first clue
no one is as stupid as balmer makes out to be

IS it possible that everyone on this thread is mistaken about balmer and MS .?

IS it possible that the idiotic back and forth chit chat going here and on the rest of the markets IS EXACTLY WhaT BALMER WANTS .

IS it possible that the stupid money wasting LAPTOP TV ADS And all that balmer spews forth is intended solely to stir the pot and too mis-direct us from the real TRUTH .

Is it possible balmer is a genius ?

IS it possible that every word balmer and MS has ever spoken is false and misleading self serving lies truths and 1/2 truths . ?

IS it possible the apple div at MS is its highest profit maker ever.

Why is this so clear to me .
a CLUE FOR YOU ALL DUNDER HEADS

Why does MS make ads that attack on of its best clients ??
And those same ads actually infer just the opposite to have an effect of attacking dell and friends ??

In part two i will supply the answers and a one word conclusion

peace

As Steven Wright once asked:

What if there were no hypothetical questions?
post #202 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

More like what's inside it.

poor fellow ... He was born with an 8 bit processor.
post #203 of 275
I like Ballmer. He speaks his mind, he never holds back, and he's always entertaining. He's also a bit mad, but need mad people in top places, they make the world a more interesting place.

As for the Mac market share, from my point of view I can see things changing taking on my daily train ride to work. A year ago I would see lots of MacBooks and Blackberrys, now I rarely see anything but Samsung NetBooks and iPhones. Just my personal experience.
post #204 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbee View Post

BOTTOM LINE
The new 15-inch MacBook Pro is faster, runs longer on a charge, doubles the memory capacity, and adds an SD card slot. It also has a gorgeous wide-gamut display and a lower price. In short, the quintessential commercial notebook is now even better.
Quote from Tom Yager, @infoworld .com

Don't try to sell features. I bought a laptop 1 year ago with gorgeous 16 inch screen (that is wider than 15 inch), multi-memory card slot, runs longer than any Macbook on a single charge, 250GB hard drive, has fingerprint login, for less than half ($730) the price of Macbook pro.
post #205 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by phalanx View Post

Don't try to sell features. I bought a laptop 1 year ago with gorgeous 16 inch screen (that is wider than 15 inch), multi-memory card slot, runs longer than any Macbook on a single charge, 250GB hard drive, has fingerprint login, for less than half ($730) the price of Macbook pro.

But still, unfortunately, runs ONLY windows, unlike the mac (any 1 year old model), that will run both windows or mac.
See, in the record business, you can show someone your song, and they don’t copy it. In the tech business, you show somebody your idea, and they steal it. (Jimmy Iovine)
See, in the record business, you can show someone your song, and they don’t copy it. In the tech business, you show somebody your idea, and they steal it. (Jimmy Iovine)
post #206 of 275
Quote:

I can't hang with your PhD in "pure math". I only worked on the several Flight Simulations for NASA (Shuttle, Space Station), Swedish Air Force (JAS 39), and US Air Force (F15/E, F16). We did a little math on those. I'm sure nothing a complicated as your "pure math".

Good, as they say rocket science is not rocket science. You are still quite stupid and your lack of understanding of market and deluded opinions make you sound more like a paid Microsoft shill working for minimum wage posting shill messages on Apple news boards, who can't even afford to buy a real computer. You really sound pathetic.

And no engineer or even a programmer I know would be surprised by the term pure math (as opposed to applied math) enough to quote it. That puts in the high school drop out category. Check it out, a math department near you has a degree program in "pure math".

Mac Pro, 8 Core, 32 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 285 1 GB, 2 TB storage, 240 GB OWC Mercury Extreme SSD, 30'' Cinema Display, 27'' iMac, 24'' iMac, 17'' MBP, 13'' MBP, 32 GB iPhone 4, 64 GB iPad 3

Mac Pro, 8 Core, 32 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 285 1 GB, 2 TB storage, 240 GB OWC Mercury Extreme SSD, 30'' Cinema Display, 27'' iMac, 24'' iMac, 17'' MBP, 13'' MBP, 32 GB iPhone 4, 64 GB iPad 3

post #207 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by desarc View Post

i can't wait for the Apple ad where "Mac" hands people thirty bucks and sends them into best buy [and a microsoft store] to fine an OS upgrade. then they go to the apple store and get snow leopard for 29 bucks.

If that occurs, one can expect Ballmer to merely spin around and spout out of the opposite side of his mouth, "You get what you pay for!"
Blindness is a condition as well as a state of mind.

Blindness is a condition as well as a state of mind.

post #208 of 275
is the McCain campaign from the US Presidential Elections last year.

Balmer says "Apple has nicer hardware." Damning with faint praise, the same way the McCain campaign called President Obama a "Celebrity". Don't respond, denigrate. Both got a little traction, but didn't matter in in the end. It's the stab-in-the-dark against a more agile, better equipped enemy, Apple in this case.
post #209 of 275
Quote:

I doubt the screen quality beats any Macbook Pro. One inch is negligible for screen size. Multi-memory card slot? I barely see a need for the SD slot on the Macbooks! What's so hard about plugging in your device that uses these cards? Also, I doubt your PC came standard with a battery life that lasts longer than the 15 inch's 7 hour battery life. 15" Pros also come with at least 250GB hard drives. Finger print log in? Once again, who cares? It's not necessary what so ever. I doubt more than 1% of the Mac community would ever need something like that.

HOWEVER! Can your PC run OSX? I don't think so. Macs can run XP, Vista, and soon, Windows 7, though I wouldn't ever. Odds are you'll spend almost half of the price difference in Virus and spyware protection during the lifespan of your computer. Can you bring your computer to the manufacturer's store to get it fixed? Probably not. When you send it out, how long will that take to fix? Probably over a month. Apple, turn around time on average is anywhere between 2 days to a week. When you call up tech support when your computer fails, who will you get? Probably someone in the Middle East. Not with Apple. I am 100% satisfied with my Macbook Pro 15". I paid 2000$ because I knew I was getting a solid product with a quality company to back it up.

And the whole rounding error is BULL. Market share IS rising, and faster than ever!
post #210 of 275
Quote:

bullshit
if surfing the net is your thing or light buisness accounting you did well
I can't see your exact specs and i guess you won;t show exactly what you bought
but a 13 in MBP uni bpdy crushes your bloatware piece of crap
crushes in every way
goodluck sleeping with gates
whats in a name ? 
beatles
whats in a name ? 
beatles
post #211 of 275
Windows users who come to a Mac fan site in order to offer dissenting opinions are ultmately . . . TROLLS.

Simple as that.

Every time there's good news about Apple and lousy about MS (get used to that combo, people) they come flying in to feed us the same lame garbage MS has been trying to feed the industry for the past few years:

"We really don't suck that much, honest!"

They'll go away eventually. Just have to roll with it.
post #212 of 275
"I can see the Apple logos versus the PC logos. So we have more work to do, more work to do. Our share is lower in this audience than the average audience. But don't hide it. I've already counted them. I have been doing that since we started talking."

Another stupid line from ballmer.

The Microsoft motto:

"We have more work to do."
post #213 of 275
He really is just an irritating 5 year old with too much money, isn't he?
post #214 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post

Good, as they say rocket science is not rocket science. You are still quite stupid and your lack of understanding of market and deluded opinions make you sound more like a paid Microsoft shill working for minimum wage posting shill messages on Apple news boards, who can't even afford to buy a real computer. You really sound pathetic.

And no engineer or even a programmer I know would be surprised by the term pure math (as opposed to applied math) enough to quote it. That puts in the high school drop out category. Check it out, a math department near you has a degree program in "pure math".

is Phalanx really the best Microsoft can do? Or is he just a troll not working for MS? I'm tired of the spec comparison PC v Mac. Specs don't matter when it takes forever to start up. Programs are sluggish or just crash. Hard resetting my ms laptops were just part of my workday (a necessary evil). Then I had to remember to run avg anti virus, spybot search and destroy, cleanup, windows defender every night. Oh, there's also that wonderful msconfig where I had to continually disable certain programs from startup (despite the fact that they had already been disabled).

Oh, then there's the awesome experience I had when windows genuine advantage warned me that I had counterfeit windows software when I bought the damn thing at best buy. Then vista came and that was the proverbial straw. I don't care if they tell me thy can sell me a pc with 10 terabytes of Ram and 1 million gazillionabytes of hard disk space that runs a 20 core. 1000.8 gigahertz processor. I'll take my poor unibody 13inch. It just works and that's all I care about.
post #215 of 275
trollswatter (great handle, by the way) said "For laptop brand reliability between 2004 and 2008, Consumer Reports rates Lenovo(IBM), Compaq, and Toshiba at 18. Dell, Gateway, and Apple at 20. HP at 21."

How do they arrive at these ratings? I'd like to see the number of hours a machine is used for before failure.
post #216 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by dballecer View Post

I'll take my poor unibody 13inch. It just works and that's all I care about.

Funny, I have a PC and a Mac and *both* just work. Maybe you're doing something wrong?
post #217 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotatsu View Post

Funny, I have a PC and a Mac and *both* just work. Maybe you're doing something wrong?

This is what I've always thought. You hear about how PCs just go spectacularly wrong in this forum, and how the user has paid MILLIONS for virus software, yet my Windows PC 'just works' and I have a free antivirus installed. It's either ignorance, or trolling.
post #218 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post

http://www.dailytech.com/Another+Maj...ticle15832.htm

add one more security issue

Ho hum, let's see him do this on my system.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
post #219 of 275
Quote:

I can't hang with your PhD in "pure math". I only worked on the several Flight Simulations for NASA (Shuttle, Space Station), Swedish Air Force (JAS 39), and US Air Force (F15/E, F16). We did a little math on those. I'm sure nothing a complicated as your "pure math".

Out of interest did you use Dell or HP laptops to do it?

Do they run on XP or Vista?
post #220 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by John.B View Post

Exactly, what kills me is that the analysts don't question these inconsistencies. Of course, most analysts stopped fulfilling their duties a long time ago, instead it seems most are inclined just "do their jobs".

Both analysts and journalists seem to be caught in the "game" where they are just looking for easy quotes and simplistic explanations. Maybe it is a cyclical problem with the two industries or maybe its about having their own corporate overlords, but critical thinking and investigative journalism are not valued anymore.
The Mother of all flip-flops!!
Support our troops by educating yourself and being a responsible voter. Democracy and Capitalism REQUIRE Intelligence and Wisdom if they are to be worth a damn beyond...
Support our troops by educating yourself and being a responsible voter. Democracy and Capitalism REQUIRE Intelligence and Wisdom if they are to be worth a damn beyond...
post #221 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

"I can see the Apple logos versus the PC logos. So we have more work to do, more work to do. Our share is lower in this audience than the average audience. But don't hide it. I've already counted them. I have been doing that since we started talking."

Classic symptoms of an hyper-observant paranoid who has to be so entrenched in his own perspective to be able to speak the PR drivel without going nuts.
post #222 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by kresh View Post

If it is just a rounding error, why spend real money to advertise against Apple?

While I doubt win 7 will blow us away. It is fast on older hardware and who's to say they could not buy sinus acid division, acid/Vegas and come out with a free great word processor and iLife app combined with something that works with it in tangent with mobile me? They do have great touch surface hardware. All they need us something like iLife and a free word and excel program with iChat ti boot and the game changes. Probably won't happen, but if I were in charge if r&d, this is what I would ficus on while making the zine a portable mobile steaming media device.

Peace.
post #223 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGregor View Post

Both analysts and journalists seem to be caught in the "game" where they are just looking for easy quotes and simplistic explanations. Maybe it is a cyclical problem with the two industries or maybe its about having their own corporate overlords, but critical thinking and investigative journalism are not valued anymore.

Totally agree.

In the case of Steve Balmer's "rounding error" comments, there seems to be one obvious fact that none of the pundits have brought up. The rounding errors started back in 2004!

After a long decline in worldwide market share the Mac bottomed out in 2003. Since then it has gained share every year, including 2009 (so far). That's nearly six years of compound rounding errors.

At the same event, other Microsoft execs were also continuing the FUD with their 'Apple tax" mantra. Coupled with spending over $300 million on advertising against Apple, this rounding error seems to be taking up an awful lot of Microsoft's time, energy and money.
post #224 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by tundraboy View Post

You guys quit dogging Ballmer. He is eminently qualified to be Microsoft CEO. He was Bill Gates' college buddy.

Nepotism at it's best!
post #225 of 275
Quote:

quite possibly. I'm not an IT person. I just need a solid word processor, internet machine, plus I dabble with photography and some video. (hardly a power user). I don't even need a MacBook pro. So, I have 3 MacBooks and an iMac (a couple of PCs, including an HTPC). I need PCs still since my immigration software (I'm an immigration lawyer) requires Internet Explorer (I run VMWare on the unibody but, it's still more convenient for me to start up a dedicated PC (especially when I'm meeting with clients in the conference room). I only run that PC (an ASUS EeePC Netbook) when I'm firing up the immigration software. With the HTPC, it runs XP and I only use it for home media stuff (including Netflix streaming). I don't really use that for internet surfing or anything else. So both my PCs now work given the very limited tasks I give them. When I needed a PC for general purposes, that's when I got screwed.

I have Windows 7 installed on my iMac with Sun Virtual Disk. Haven't played with it (no real reason to), but it seems snappier (who the hell knows)....
post #226 of 275
Steve balmer and gates and all the msft crew have never ever told the truth about anything. that mislead us with the truth
1/2 truths
and out right lies
In the post that I wrote is this possible .?
Well all of this strange actions mean something .
msft makes a ton of money from selling apple clients SW
And WINTEL scored big when apple went intel chip .
Now we can buy XP on the mac if we want. Wouldn't balmer be happy about this .?
So why does balmer attack its clients / attack apple computer ??
sohy does balmer open 6 or 7 ventures that cost billions and then ignore them ??
Except xbox .

GATES AND BALMER DOE'S THIS TO CONFUSE THE MARKET PLACE /GOV'T PEOPLE INTO THINKING THAT MSFT DOES NOT ACT LIKE A MONOPOLY .

Why would a company fumble for 12 yrs straight. MISTAKE AFTER MISTAKE. Remember longhorn ??
BECAUSE BALMER AND GATES ARE GENIUS ,THEY HAVE A MONOPOLY control on the OS and the work place SW and if they just had sat back and raked in the billion;'s in profit without expanding into side ventures then the glaring white klieg lights would show the world what they are and the strangle hold they have on certain parts of the market place,

So THEY misdirect us into these phony fake issues like the one here on AI ,
OVER 200 false posts .

You guys never heard of Daniel Ellsberg but this whole situation is a page out of the CIA play book .

whats in a name ? 
beatles
whats in a name ? 
beatles
post #227 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by dballecer View Post

is Phalanx really the best Microsoft can do? Or is he just a troll not working for MS? I'm tired of the spec comparison PC v Mac. Specs don't matter when it takes forever to start up. Programs are sluggish or just crash. Hard resetting my ms laptops were just part of my workday (a necessary evil). Then I had to remember to run avg anti virus, spybot search and destroy, cleanup, windows defender every night. Oh, there's also that wonderful msconfig where I had to continually disable certain programs from startup (despite the fact that they had already been disabled).

Oh, then there's the awesome experience I had when windows genuine advantage warned me that I had counterfeit windows software when I bought the damn thing at best buy. Then vista came and that was the proverbial straw. I don't care if they tell me thy can sell me a pc with 10 terabytes of Ram and 1 million gazillionabytes of hard disk space that runs a 20 core. 1000.8 gigahertz processor. I'll take my poor unibody 13inch. It just works and that's all I care about.

I doubt phalanx is a MS employee/representative. I have two nieces that have worked for MS for several years in Redmond (one worked on the Vista development team). They both own multiple Macs (along with the necessary PC). My point is .... employees of MS know better. Phalanx is just a troll as you guessed.
post #228 of 275
Quote:

Maybe you don't have a pre-teen, that is able to inadvertently infect your PC with spyware, etc. using a non-admin account just by playing Flash/Macromedia games on the web (because of zero day vulnerabilities in these tools and with Windows in general).

What I know I'm doing right is that we don't have any of these problems since he has to use a Mac instead of the PC.

Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

MA497LL/A FB463LL/A MC572LL/A FC060LL/A MD481LL/A MD388LL/A ME344LL/A

Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

MA497LL/A FB463LL/A MC572LL/A FC060LL/A MD481LL/A MD388LL/A ME344LL/A

post #229 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by John.B View Post

Maybe you don't have a pre-teen, that is able to inadvertently infect your PC with spyware, etc. using a non-admin account just by playing Flash/Macromedia games on the web (because of zero day vulnerabilities in these tools and with Windows in general).

What I know I'm doing right is that we don't have any of these problems since he has to use a Mac instead of the PC.

Funny you mention that.... I have a good friend with a 10 yr old son. His son played online games on the company PC at work and got so many viruses, it shut down his whole network. He bought his son a Mac Mini for the office and when his son comes to visit , is only allowed to play online games on the Mini.
post #230 of 275
If you continue to make a shitty product like Windows.... and you fail to innovate....ie.... you're just another follower.... eventually you'll pay with lost market share and customer loyalty.

I think two brands with the highest customer loyalty (ie.... they will come back to buy one again) are Mercedes Benz and Apple..... I own both.... and will continue to for the exact reason above.

Ballmer is a TICK...... a technological parasite. I haven't read anything about Window's 7.... will be interesting to see if it blows chunks as much as Vista.... which would only be par for the course.

Bye bye MS..... Chrome OS is most likely going to make mince meat out of them.

So sad, so sad indeed,
Z
post #231 of 275
Ballmer certainly spends a lot of time talking about a supposedly insignificant competitor. I run a business, and I don't waste time talking about competitors in general, and certainly don't go on ad nauseum about unimportant ones.

Methinks Steve doth protest too much!
post #232 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana_Dik View Post

Methinks Steve doth protest too much!

You nailed it.

This is one of the reasons why I think Ballmer has been so ineffective at leading the company.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #233 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson1 View Post

As Steven Wright once asked:

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

ha ha
good one
took me A DAY TO GET IT

whats in a name ? 
beatles
whats in a name ? 
beatles
post #234 of 275
When Microsoft never used to even mention Apple???? This should tell you that things have changed!
post #235 of 275
Ballmer makes a good point about the difference between Apple's business model and Microsoft's business model. Given the fact that Microsoft is well settled in the corporate environment and Linux can't replace Active Directory without getting sued, they don't have a problem.

The consumers on the other hand are warming up to Apple. That is how Microsoft made its entry into the market in the 1980s. If Apple's traction with the consumers continues, it will eventually make a dent in the corporate sector. Given the migration to SAS instead of running your own data center, Apple might leap frog the traditional business model and get into one of the newer niches.

Personally, I don't want Apple to become another Microsoft.
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
post #236 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinitaBoy View Post

@phalanx,

"That is why the they bailed them out financially years ago."

Sorry, "phal," but Microsoft did no such thing. When little Billy G's company sent $150 million to Apple "years ago," it was to keep himself and his company out of jail! Microsoft (via one of its supposed "subcontractors) was caught red-handed stealing the code from QuickTime to make its own media support system. Yes, STEALING THE CODE. Gotcha!

The settlement of this matter, accomplished out of court, was the transfer of funds you allude to, above. Believe me, there is no love lost between Microsoft and ANY of its present or former competitors: not Netscape, not Word Perfect, not anybody.

Do NOT delude your self into believing that Microsoft bailed out Apple. Didn't happen. They bailed THEMSELVES out of just one more in a long list of ethical (not to say CRIMINAL) activities here and around the world.

Ugh. The next time I hear this drivel that Microsoft bailed out Apple I think I'm going to freak. What Windows fan site do you guys pick this up from?

Apple had 3+ billion in CASH at the time of the $150 million INVESTMENT.

I just wish someone would make Steve Balmer answer for how crappy Mac Office is now-a-days.

Mac Mini, iPhone 4S, AppleTV, iPad.

-------------------------------------------------------
Mac user since 1996 ("The Dark Days")

Mac Mini, iPhone 4S, AppleTV, iPad.

-------------------------------------------------------
Mac user since 1996 ("The Dark Days")

post #237 of 275
It was closer to $1.2 billion according to my research, which Apple could have burned through in a year or so, but the point is still the same. Apple was not on the verge of bankruptcy in 1997, and Microsoft's $150 million stock purchase did not save Apple. The entire package was a big PR boost, however, which was a turning point for Apple.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #238 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

The best way to parse this kind of stuff is to remember that Balmer is a "sales guy" and most of what he says here is standard "sales guy speak."

When faced with Apple taking share, he frames it as a tit for tat. When faced with the fact that their hardware is better he comes out with (essentially) "just you wait and see what's coming out soon on our side." These is all standard marketing replies and the fact that he's used that "just you wait and see" crap at least a dozen times before doesn't seem to register on most investors. Microsoft has been just one quarter away from the some amazing device or other almost since they started, but they never have delivered it. To say these kinds of things isn't dumb it's shrewd and it's typical sales-spin, the interesting part of his remarks is where he genuinely seems to not understand what he's talking about. Specifically this remark:
He should get fired for saying this. He really should. Because it shows that he just does not understand anything about the markets he's dealing with, the product he himself sells, and how his company is responding to a very real threat.

He conflates hardware with software (when he talks about the "low price"), and doesn't seem to get that it's his product that's vastly overpriced for the market. If Microsoft was actually to survive on the model he suggests here, they would have to cut back to a company a fifth of their current size and drop everything they do except making Windows and Office.

Great post! (Sorry this is an old reset, just working through the thread.)

Both he and, to a lesser degree, Bill are trained in "salesman speak" where logic and intellectual honesty have no home. I saw a roundtable on PBS one time where all the titans of eIndustry were on stage, including Ballmer, and Bill G. was on a big screen from some other location and the MC was asking each about proprietary software and open markets and when it got to Bill, he said how MS was this engine of choice and a force in innovation. The other CEO's barely contained their smirks and chuckles and the MC tried to hint at his incredulity with a polite version of "c'mon, man are you for real?!" but both he and Ballmer stoically ignored every non-verbal cue and sense of reason and in a reality distortion field that might humble Steve Jobs, they acted so matter of factly that the MC would have had to call each a liar to continue the conversation and he awkwardly moved on.

Not to pontificate, but this is such a problem with the way Wall Street and big business goes about their business. These guys have so deluded themselves into a form of selfrighteousness that it makes journalists and analysts who may have been more critical, simply move on and not rock the boat - thus Enron, thus AIG, thus GM ...

And all of the talking heads on the financial news stations just repeat this stuff as if reality and honesty don't matter. Of course Apple does the same thing, but it hasn't retarded the innovation of an entire industry in the way that MS has, plus it drives innovation, so we can cut it some slack.
post #239 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by talksense101 View Post

Ballmer makes a good point about the difference between Apple's business model and Microsoft's business model. Given the fact that Microsoft is well settled in the corporate environment and Linux can't replace Active Directory without getting sued, they don't have a problem.

The consumers on the other hand are warming up to Apple. That is how Microsoft made its entry into the market in the 1980s. If Apple's traction with the consumers continues, it will eventually make a dent in the corporate sector. Given the migration to SAS instead of running your own data center, Apple might leap frog the traditional business model and get into one of the newer niches.

Personally, I don't want Apple to become another Microsoft.

Yeah, but an Apple dominated industry would look ALOT better than a Microsoft dominated one.
post #240 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrochester View Post

This is what I've always thought. You hear about how PCs just go spectacularly wrong in this forum, and how the user has paid MILLIONS for virus software, yet my Windows PC 'just works' and I have a free antivirus installed. It's either ignorance, or trolling.

Yeah why is there so much emotion about it?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Steve Ballmer calls Apple's Mac growth a "rounding error"