or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Cash for clunkers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cash for clunkers - Page 3

post #81 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamac View Post

Wow, even for Republidiots you guys are over the edge. The lack of understanding of people and marketing is unbelievable, no wonder you drive museum pieces. This whole thing is about psychology, but to understand that it would take interconnected ganglia.

People in the US have the same amount of $ than last year when Bush's insanity finally scared them enough to hold on to every dime. This caused the recession, not AIG or GM or the banks. This is what froze credit and the flow of cash overall. As free market people the GOP is completely oblivious to free market concepts. For things to become better people have to feel better. Depression is a psychological disorder which caused recession. DUHHHHHHH.

GOP rule has caused an entire nation to become depressed and feel hopeless. Thus the guy selling hope won, another huge DUHHHHHHHHH

To call the GOP imbeciles is an insult to imbeciles.
A++++++++++++ for complete ignorance of all things human.

When are you guys going to get over your obsession with Bush? Seriously, you should probably get treatment for that.

If I'm not being too forward, may I ask: did you pay cash for your new car?

How many people using the cash for clunkers program have paid for their fancy new cars in cash?

Before you label people like me who drive "museum pieces" as "imbeciles, Republidiots, etc." you might want to take note of a few things.

Chief among them: I paid cash for my clunker.

$950 + $300 in minor repairs (needed a new power steering hose and serpentine belt). No debt. No taxes. No fees. It cost $35 total to register it for 2 years in the State of Arizona. The guy I bought it from had just run it through emissions so I didn't even have to pay for that. Maintenance costs are minimal. It gets me where I'm going. Has ice cold A/C (essential for Arizona summers). It's all I need.

What does a brand new Corolla cost, MSRP? $15,000? What percentage of peeps who are driving clunkers in the first place are going to have $10,000 cash to drop on a new car? A new car that will depreciate 10+% the minute they drive it off the lot, probably more since the resale market will now be flooded with that model. They'll be paying a few thousand in interest over the life of the loan, too. So, in addition to having more people upside down in their home mortgages, the government is now encouraging more peeps to become upside down on new car loans.

And they are funding this whole program with more government debt.

Not only that, they are promoting this as some way to "save the environment, resources, etc." while they turn around and order the destruction of perfectly reusable/recycleable engines and car parts.

But that is our current administration's philosophy, isn't it? We must manage our resources wisely by destroying them. We must get out of debt by incurring more. We must cut spending by increasing it. We must avoid bankruptcy by spending more than we take in.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #82 of 337
$3 billion dollars to help people buy... SUV's.

Quote:
The Ford Escape crossover SUV, instead of being the seventh-most popular vehicle under the program, as the government ranked it, was actually the best seller, according to Edmunds.com. The government pegged the Ford Focus as the top seller..................

Sales of truck models would tend to be heavily diluted using the government's method because practically each version counts as a different vehicle. The difference in tallying methods would not affect the overall totals of trucks, as opposed to cars purchased under the program, only the sales rankings of individual models.

Great job guys! We've stolen from the kids to buy some more SUV's!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #83 of 337
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

If I'm not being too forward, may I ask: did you pay cash for your new car?

Yes.
Cash is king.
post #84 of 337
Thread Starter 
The government now owns car companies. If the sell cars, WE MAKE MONEY. Yes even you Mr. Überimbecile Republican.
post #85 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamac View Post

The government now owns car companies. If the sell cars, WE MAKE MONEY. Yes even you Mr. Überimbecile Republican.

I'm anxiously awaiting my share of the sales in the form of a check or direct deposit into my account.

And I'm not a Republican.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #86 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamac View Post

The government now owns car companies. If the sell cars, WE MAKE MONEY. Yes even you Mr. Überimbecile Republican.

We make money every time we turn on the printing press. That doesn't mean it retains value, purchases value or is worth anything.

Don't worry. We are safe. According to Obama, they don't speak Austrian there or here.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #87 of 337
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

I'm anxiously awaiting my share of the sales in the form of a check or direct deposit into my account.

And I'm not a Republican.

Good for you.

As to the royalty, it might even be better than just money.
post #88 of 337
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

We make money every time we turn on the printing press. That doesn't mean it retains value, purchases value or is worth anything.

Don't worry. We are safe. According to Obama, they don't speak Austrian there or here.

Trümpty,

Be afraid, be very afraid. This is the 2nd post that makes absolutely no sense, I am getting concerned about your mental state.

Du bist ein kompletter Volltrottel.
post #89 of 337
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

$3 billion dollars to help people buy... SUV's.



Great job guys! We've stolen from the kids to buy some more SUV's!

What is the most popular car for families in this country?
Who again was against gas milage increases?

Wow man you are really loosing it pretty bad.
post #90 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamac View Post

Trümpty,

Be afraid, be very afraid. This is the 2nd post that makes absolutely no sense, I am getting concerned about your mental state.

Du bist ein kompletter Volltrottel.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You are a complete nincompoop.

Sorry if things don't make sense when considered in economic terms.

As for losing it, I'm not but you will. Enjoy the inflation.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #91 of 337
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You are a complete nincompoop.

Sorry if things don't make sense when considered in economic terms.

As for losing it, I'm not but you will. Enjoy the inflation.

Yeah I will, 4.50 per gallon was no inflation obviously.

Deppata Wappler.
post #92 of 337
We'll be wishing for 4.50 per gallon after Obama's inflation hits.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #93 of 337
Thread Starter 
Great job news, we have stolen from our kids to get rid of Saddam! In another country for other people who we had absolutely no quarrel with but we killed loads of them because we are so smart and god told us to, we also gave tax cutes to rich fucks like myself which costed over a trillion, but that's OK because the 3 billion for junk cars are a much bigger deal and oh my god it's so horrible the inflation wow, I really need a shoulder now.

Kompletter Vollkoffer.
post #94 of 337
Your anger is understandable, but misdirected.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #95 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamac View Post

Great job news, we have stolen from our kids to get rid of Saddam! In another country for other people who we had absolutely no quarrel with but we killed loads of them because we are so smart and god told us to

Indeed your observation is correct.

When governments seek to, very quickly, spend obscenely large sums of money based on false premises while vigorously trying to dismiss and quash dissent and opposition it tends to wreak unimaginable havoc.

Thankfully things are now different.
post #96 of 337
So what are you guys going to do about all the Republicans who voted to extend this program?
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
post #97 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

So what are you guys going to do about all the Republicans who voted to extend this program?

Same thing you guys do about the Democrats who vote to continue funding the war.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #98 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamac

Yes even you Mr. Überimbecile Republican.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

So what are you guys going to do about all the Republicans who voted to extend this program?

Why do you (and apparently others) assume that people with opinions on this issue (and other issues) must be categorized along simplistic partisan lines like "liberal" and "conservative" or "Democrat" and "Republican"? Is this the limit of your imagination and discernment? Is it just that it's simpler to toss someone into the category you imagine them to be in so you can dismiss them and avoid addressing what they actually say?
post #99 of 337
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by involuntary_serf View Post

Why do you (and apparently others) assume that people with opinions on this issue (and other issues) must be categorized along simplistic partisan lines like "liberal" and "conservative" or "Democrat" and "Republican"? Is this the limit of your imagination and discernment? Is it just that it's simpler to toss someone into the category you imagine them to be in so you can dismiss them and avoid addressing what they actually say?

Not our limit, but the limit of the US political structure.

Unfortunately in our current market system any product must be categorized by a code. Without this categorical code you can not export or import any goods or do trade in this country.
post #100 of 337
post #101 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by involuntary_serf View Post

Clunkers program could drive used car prices up

Every single move the democrats make is only increasing inflation. And then when that happens we'll get price controls!
post #102 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamac View Post

The windows would work if you kicked the side panel a certain way. the perfect service refers to oil changes. Also the head lamps on these cars became milky since they used shitty plastic. I believe it is better for Dodge that the thing no longer is on the road.

What are you driving?

I'm driving a 2002 civic that just got $1500 in repairs and 100,000 miles service. I plan to get another 100,000 miles out of it. That's how people that spend their own money and live with the consequences of their actions operate when they want to save money and help the environment by making the most out of a vehicle. Rather than just toss it in the trash because Uncle Candy flashed some dealer-detroit bailout money.

Waste and stupidity comes when you are spending other people's money.
post #103 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamac View Post

I got my 4.5k yesterday.
No longer have my Dodge Grand Caravan with 135,712 miles.

Thanks for taking my money. Well, our money.

Quote:
Electric windows didn't work, many times the engine kept running after taking the key out.
dripping oil.

Boo fucking hoo. Why should I help buy you a car?

Quote:
My city just made a couple, very badly needed, grand in sales tax. Maybe they can keep all the ambulances and fire trucks in service for a while longer or do not have to put them on rotation ever.

Yes, and people that don't live in your city paid it. You're welcome. By the way, your city didn't get a grand in sales tax. Unless your city sales tax is more than 5% on top of the state tax.



Quote:
The dealers are happy.

I don't care.

Quote:
I got a new Toyota Highlander Hybrid for the wife, she is happy.

Great...so I helped buy you a $36,000 Toyota. When I go get my new car next year, I get to pay myself. Why? Because I have a Camry that gets good gas mileage. I pay my loan every month, and then I get to send you money. Awesome.

Quote:
I got a write off for the biz, another tax break through the program, I am happy. The new car gets around 10 miles more per gallon. I feel I got something for the 6 figure taxes I pay each year.

Yes, but I got nothing.

Quote:

And you SDW2001BC are by far the most intelligent person on this planet. Beyond anything anyone can imagine really.
Please name one person you know who is dependent on factory rebates and now hooked on government rebates.

You're really going to wish you hadn't posted that:

People have become dependent on rebates to buy a car. They've been conditioned to expect rebates and not buy until they get them. You are the very best case in point. You likely wouldn't have bought right now without the program. But you did, because on top of the $4500, you probably got a few grand in other incentives (as you point out).

This was caused by the pricing strategies of the Big Three. When the Japanese starting taking market share with cheaper cars, GM, Ford and Chrysler essentially kept their prices the same--absurd as they were. But what they did (particularly in the 1980s) was offer "cash back" incentives and low financing. These programs became popular, showing that people will buy a new car if the price is right. However, what the Big Three learned but never applies was that unless the economy was booming, they had to offer incentives to keep sales up. Over time, consumers wouldn't buy domestic vehicles without these incentives. You've shown that.

Quote:

Unfortunately the dealers now have an overwhelming amount of US cars to be destroyed. Astrovan is the number 1 clunker being returned to my dealer mostly older than 10 years.

Your dealer is not necessarily indicative of the nation.

Quote:

Shit now the kids have to drive newer cars, they'll be so pissed driving around in a new Focus or such.

Right, because they deserve a $15,000 car instead of a $2,000 car. Maybe we need a program for them too?

EDIT: Check out the top selling models under this program. http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home...d=family-autos

6 of 10 are foreign manufactures. 4 out of the top 5 are foreign. GM has one model at #10...the pathetic Cobalt. Well done, Government!
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #104 of 337
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

I'm driving a 2002 civic that just got $1500 in repairs and 100,000 miles service. I plan to get another 100,000 miles out of it. That's how people that spend their own money and live with the consequences of their actions operate when they want to save money and help the environment by making the most out of a vehicle. Rather than just toss it in the trash because Uncle Candy flashed some dealer-detroit bailout money.

Waste and stupidity comes when you are spending other people's money.

Floory,
This car is for my wife and for her business.
We got the money and the 40k are no big deal.
I drive my 04 Prius with 100k miles and I will switch to a new one when they are plug in and get 100mpg.

i have a hard time understanding this extremely strange criticism. When people were buying hummers and other huge SUVs because of a loophole in the law and wrote them off as "light trucks" for business use it took the Republican congress 9 years to fix the loop hole. I am sure this costed far more than 3 Bill. I must have missed your posts complaining about that. Now people with good credit and some money in the bank have an opportunity to get a little TAX BREAK and a new car. Something people against BIG GOVERNMENT seem to just love. Also the clunkers, mostly US cars with numerous quality issues are being recycled.

You seem sure that mining Fe ore is better for the environment then melting down junk cars, please show some evidence of that.

Your Honda is a great car and I would drive it until it simply does not go anymore. However my Dodge van was a money pit with a new problem for every 1000 miles. I have not opened the hood of my Prius since the day I bought it and I want to keep it that way.
post #105 of 337
Clunkers program could drive used car prices up

Quote:
Used car prices have risen about 5% on average in the last year, says Tom Webb, economist for Manheim Consulting, a branch of a major used car wholesale operation. Fewer new car sales have meant a drop in recent-model trade-ins. Car rental companies also have reduced supply by cutting their fleets. That's resulted in fewer castoffs for used car lots.

Now, the clunker program could cause prices to rise 5% to 10% more, especially for vehicles worth $4,500 or less, says Alec Gutierrez, senior market analyst for Kelley Blue Book. "It's going to drive prices up of some of the most affordable vehicles we have on the road."

Yep. That's the Obama Administration looking out for the "little guy", again.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #106 of 337
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Clunkers program could drive used car prices up



Yep. That's the Obama Administration looking out for the "little guy", again.

The little guy will get more $ for his used car. How horrible.

Do you actually read the quotes you post?

It seems that the opposition to cars for clunkers is completely confused. You complain about used car prices going up but advocate using you car as long as possible, which usually involves not selling it.
post #107 of 337
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post


6 of 10 are foreign manufactures. 4 out of the top 5 are foreign. GM has one model at #10...the pathetic Cobalt. Well done, Government!

95 out of 100 clothing manufacturers are non US.

Will you be living in the nude?

Conservatives were the ones easing imports and tariffs, you are really complaining about conservatism.
post #108 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamac View Post

The little guy will get more $ for his used car. How horrible.

Do you actually read the quotes you post?

It seems that the opposition to cars for clunkers is completely confused. You complain about used car prices going up but advocate using you car as long as possible, which usually involves not selling it.

Did you actually bother to read the entire article?

The little guy buying the used car will now have to pay more for it.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #109 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Every single move the democrats make is only increasing inflation. And then when that happens we'll get price controls!

Possibly, but with the decrease in wages for the average American (new union workers took quite a cut) the possibility also exists for deflation. I believe deflation - if it occurs - is a more serious threat to the economy than inflation.

We shall see.
post #110 of 337
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Did you actually bother to read the entire article?

The little guy buying the used car will now have to pay more for it.

So he should hold on to his current car right? Like you wanted me to hold on to my car.

Jazzy,
What is the name of the Freddie Hubbard tune in which the rhythm section plays 4/4 and 5/4 alternating bars, but the melody is in 4/4?
post #111 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamac View Post

So he should hold on to his current car right? Like you wanted me to hold on to my car.

Jazzy,
What is the name of the Freddie Hubbard tune in which the rhythm section plays 4/4 and 5/4 alternating bars, but the melody is in 4/4?

I have no problem with people buying new cars. But I don't want people to use my money (which is actually China's money, which is actually my grand-children's money) to do it. I don't want the government messing with the free market.

What, are you quizzing me now to see if I'm actually a guru of jazz music?

I'm not too familiar with Hubbard's work, but are you talking about "Ebony Moonbeams"?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #112 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

I have no problem with people buying new cars. But I don't want people to use my money (which is actually China's money, which is actually my grand-children's money) to do it. I don't want the government messing with the free market.

What, are you quizzing me now to see if I'm actually a guru of jazz music?

I'm not too familiar with Hubbard's work, but are you talking about "Ebony Moonbeams"?

Freddie Hubbard? Probably is.

OK. Now name ten of Miles Davis's guitar players, without recourse to wikipedia.

And then I'll let you bust my jazz nous.
post #113 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

Freddie Hubbard? Probably is.

OK. Now name ten of Miles Davis's guitar players, without recourse to wikipedia.

And then I'll let you bust my jazz nous.

Oh geez. I have no idea. But I like Miles Davis' stuff.

Actually, my nick dates back to my high school days. I think I came up with it in 1997-98 when I was a Junior and when I was first really introduced to this marvellous thing called the "Internet".

At the time, I was planning to go to college to be a music teacher, and I loved jazz. I play the tenor sax, clarinet, and flute. Jazz is still my fav genre.

So that's where the "jazz" part comes from. "Guru" comes from something I heard one of my teachers say. He was in charge of stocking all the soda machines and had students help him out with that. When he asked for a volunteer to help, he'd say "alright, who wants to be the soda-pop guru?"

I thought "guru" was a pretty cool word, so I put jazz in front of it and the rest, as they say, is history.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #114 of 337
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Oh geez. I have no idea. But I like Miles Davis' stuff.

Actually, my nick dates back to my high school days. I think I came up with it in 1997-98 when I was a Junior and when I was first really introduced to this marvellous thing called the "Internet".

At the time, I was planning to go to college to be a music teacher, and I loved jazz. I play the tenor sax, clarinet, and flute. Jazz is still my fav genre.

So that's where the "jazz" part comes from. "Guru" comes from something I heard one of my teachers say. He was in charge of stocking all the soda machines and had students help him out with that. When he asked for a volunteer to help, he'd say "alright, who wants to be the soda-pop guru?"

I thought "guru" was a pretty cool word, so I put jazz in front of it and the rest, as they say, is history.

Nice, I have spent many years of my life producing Jazz records and my nickname amongst some musicians is, you guessed it "Jazzguru" .
I will be producing another album with the great Paul Smith (band leader of Sammy Davis Jr.) in his tender age of 85 at the end of the month, still playing like a MOFO.
post #115 of 337
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

I don't want the government messing with the free market.

You must leave earth then. Every single gov on this planet is messing with the "free" market.
post #116 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamac View Post

Nice, I have spent many years of my life producing Jazz records and my nickname amongst some musicians is, you guessed it "Jazzguru" .
I will be producing another album with the great Paul Smith (band leader of Sammy Davis Jr.) in his tender age of 85 at the end of the month, still playing like a MOFO.

Something we have in common?

**jazzguru looks outside to see if he can spot any flying pigs**

Seriously though, I have often dreamed about being in some sort of studio/recording/production type job. I have a great ear (if I do say so myself) and I know what sounds good. In that respect, I envy you. To me, it would be getting paid to have fun.

Paul T. Smith? The jazz pianist who played with the likes of Ella Fitzgerald, Tommy Dorsey, and Dizzy Gillespie? That is utterly awesome.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #117 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamac View Post

... I have not opened the hood of my Prius since the day I bought it and I want to keep it that way.

Now I'm beginning to understand why you feel your Dodge was such a P.O.S. ... your idea of "routine maintenance" is different from mine (and different from the manufacturer's.)
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
post #118 of 337
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Paul T. Smith? The jazz pianist who played with the likes of Ella Fitzgerald, Tommy Dorsey, and Dizzy Gillespie? That is utterly awesome.

The same and a very childish, fun loving trickster as well.

But no we do not have anything in common. No worries.
My "Guru" refers to my intensive knowledge of sound and music and has nothing to do with sodas.
post #119 of 337
Guess what. There might be even more negative unintended consequences with the clunker program.

Huh. Whodathunkit.

Can't wait to see what happens when The Head "Geniuses" of the United States get control of the health care market.
post #120 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by involuntary_serf View Post

Guess what. There might be even more negative unintended consequences with the clunker program.

Huh. Whodathunkit.

Can't wait to see what happens when The Head "Geniuses" of the United States get control of the health care market.

Yes because 0.3% of the total used car market is just such a big difference.

250.75M - 0.75M = 250M used cars. Really going to put all of an itty bitty dent in the used car market.

And so the PO fairy tale thread continues. \
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Cash for clunkers