Hey, Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!
What I'm thankful for:
- A close, loving family that - even though I'm 3,000 miles away from them, it's like they're all right beside me here tonight.
- That I live in a country that - flawed as it can be on many levels - essentially WORKS, and that I can go to bed each and every night relatively free from fear, worry and so forth.
- I'm thankful for the men and women who, at this moment, all around the world, wear the uniform of our military and through various operations and posts, help make my first item above possible. Think about them for a moment as you're sitting down with friends and family tomorrow. Don't take that security blanket for granted.
- I'm thankful for being healthy and having two legs and two arms and a good set of peepers.
- I'm thankful for being blessed with skills and talents, in both art and music, that many people would give their left lung to possess. I try not to take it for granted and use them everyday, even if only for my own amusement or giggles.
- I'm thankful for a company like Apple that, in a indirect way, got me into the career I'm in, so I'm able to make a good living doing something that I'd do for free...or as a hobby, regardless.
- I'm thankful for my always faithful and trusty iMac, which stores - at this point - basically my entire life: music, songs, stories, writings, ideas, my finances, drawings, art, design, hopes, fears, innermost personal thoughts, the tools of my trade and a whopping, kick-ass collection of mp3s that help get me through the days.
- So, in light of that, a special shout-out to iTunes
- I'm thankful in that although I don't have gazillions of friends and layers and layers of buddies, hangers-on, etc., I am blessed with four of the best friends any schmo like me could ever hope to have. And they know who they are. And all my other buddies and co-workers and auxiliary friends (for lack of a better word) too.
- I'm thankful for my cable modem
- I'm thankful for Waterfall Clean Irish Spring soap
- I'm thankful for Dr. Pepper, the best soft drink that's ever existed and was personally touched by the hand of God
- I'm thankful that I don't smoke and don't have any truly harmful addictions or vices
- I'm thankful for a pretty righteous head of hair that, if not attached to this face, could probably get me into the movies
And last but not least, I'm so very thankful that my favorite Mac message board/forum is back up and operational...just in time for the long, boring winter and MWSF.
Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!