or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › It's the Hilarious Cartoons About Right Wing Sacred Cows Thread!

It's the Hilarious Cartoons About Right Wing Sacred Cows Thread! - Page 2

post #41 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

Thanks for the clearing that up.

So you agree that these things are happening. OK.

Am I right, then, that you believe that people turning up to a town hall debate where health care is to be discussed with posters comparing the president to Hitler and shouting that he was born in Kenya and that the reforms will lead to euthanasia and death panels are a perfectly legitimate use of their rights under the First Amendment?

Please help me to understand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_A...s_Constitution

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #42 of 89
Investor's Business Daily is a source for editorials often used by the board's conservatives. Check this piece of brilliance out.

Quote:
People such as scientist Stephen Hawking wouldn't have a chance in the U.K., where the National Health Service would say the life of this brilliant man, because of his physical handicaps, is essentially worthless.
proud resident of a failed state
post #43 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat View Post

Investor's Business Daily is a source for editorials often used by the board's conservatives. Check this piece of brilliance out.

Hawking's been using an artificial voice with an American accent on purpose all these years, just to confuse American conservatives.

Yet Another Libbie Conspiracy.......
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #44 of 89
Quote:

I have a friend who used to occupy the office next door to Steven Hawking at Cambridge. She's an astrophysicist.

Apparently Steven Hawking "wants to be one of the lads." He makes very rude jokes and pretends he can play darts and pool.

I liked him more when I heard this.
post #45 of 89
It's too bad that he's been dead for decades because of the UK's socialized healthcare system.
post #46 of 89
Quote:

It's too bad that he's been dead for decades because of the UK's socialized healthcare system.

Yes, it is a pity.

Soon America will join Canada, and France and Italy, and Germany, and Spain, and Sweden, and Australia and New Zealand, and will begin to allow those with Down's Syndrome and the very old to die. Soon all the sick will join Steven Hawking.
post #47 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

The Dems are desperate. It's fun to watch.

A perfectly opposite take on the reality of the situation but that's really what the " You're embarassing our party " cartoon depicts.

But oh! I forgot you're not a republican!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #48 of 89
Stephen Hawking responds:
"I wouldn't be here today if it were not for the NHS," he told us. "I have received a large amount of high-quality treatment without which I would not have survived."
post #49 of 89
Quote:

Ron Paul is such a fucking dickhead!

I can't believe I listened to that in full. The US needs to start mixing
some more sedatives in their water supply.
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
post #50 of 89
Quote:

Freedom of speech? FFS, I haven't seen a single meaningful response to the looneys making a mockery of the town hall meetings. Cheap political mileage and trying their best to spread paranoia while being funded to the hilt by special interest groups. The US is in a hole due to the failed policies of the past, people need to grow a pair and make a change.

Personally, I think the US government should fund medical / pharma research significantly and cut down on the cost of medication which is inflated due to the so-called R&D cost. Being hands off and letting corporate greed run the system will not work. At the end of the day, it is tax payer money being used to improve quality of life for the tax payer and it is certainly better than the billions being siphoned off daily in the overseas war operations. YMMV.
post #51 of 89
MAGNIFICENT.

One or two members might have just blown their loads over the computer, I warrant!

AYN RAND! WITH A WHIP!

http://www.dangerousminds.net/index....rand_assholes/

Ayn Rand assholes!

Quoth Christopher Hitchens:

Quote:
"AS A FICTION WRITER, she's absurd," says author and Vanity Fair columnist Christopher Hitchens, who is arguably the most opinionated Homo sapiens since Rand herself. "But if you're young and not particularly wanted and not particularly brilliant, reading Atlas Shrugged provides all the feelings of compensation one might need for any period of terrifying inadequacy."

post #52 of 89

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #53 of 89
There is nothing to take a man's freedom away from him, save other men. To be free, a man must be free of his brothers.

I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction.

Quote:
"AS A FICTION WRITER, she's absurd," says author and Vanity Fair columnist Christopher Hitchens, who is arguably the most opinionated Homo sapiens since Rand herself. "But if you're young and not particularly wanted and not particularly brilliant, reading Atlas Shrugged provides all the feelings of compensation one might need for any period of terrifying inadequacy."

"But if you're young and not particularly wanted and not particularly brilliant, reading Atlas Shrugged provides all the feelings of compensation one might need for any period of terrifying inadequacy."

Magnificent.
post #54 of 89

post #55 of 89

This man needs no warrant for his being, and no sanction for his being. For when Ayn Rand has her bullwhip tickling your prostate gland, all is bliss, all is bliss.

Hey, trumptman, I'm really glad that SNL's made it on to your 'approved' list.

http://blog.zap2it.com/thedishrag/20...d-in-2012.html

SNL's really great.

This is good, too:

http://dailybail.com/home/sarah-pali...aily-show.html

It's Jon Stewart explaining how FUCKING STUPID Sarah Palin is (she is, she's fucking STUPID. The saviour of the Republican Party is FUCKING STUPID. :LOL: )

It's very good.
post #56 of 89

Looks like Jon just got worked over by Ayn.

He feels so much better now.

post #57 of 89
Does anyone else love this quote from Christopher Hitchens on Ayn Rand?

Quote:

Awesome.
post #58 of 89
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Hitchens

As a political activist and observer, polemicist and self styled political radicalist, Hitchens rose to prominence as a fixture in the left-wing publications of both his native United Kingdom and United States.

Hitchens is known for his ardent admiration of George Orwell, Thomas Paine, and Thomas Jefferson, and also for his excoriating critiques of Mother Teresa, Bill and Hillary Clinton, and Henry Kissinger, amongst others.

Sounds like she is in good company.

Consumption of alcohol

A profile on Hitchens by NPR stated: "Hitchens is known for his love of cigarettes and alcohol — and his prodigious literary output."[23] However in early 2008 he claimed to have given up smoking, undergoing an epiphany in Madison, Wisconsin.[93] His brother Peter later wrote of his surprise at this decision.[94] Hitchens admits to drinking heavily; in 2003 he wrote that his daily intake of alcohol was enough "to kill or stun the average mule." He noted that many great writers "did some of their finest work when blotto, smashed, polluted, shitfaced, squiffy, whiffled, and three sheets to the wind."[95] George Galloway, on his way to testify in front of a United States Senate subcommittee investigating the scandals in the U.N. Oil for Food program, called Hitchens a "drink-sodden ex-Trotskyist popinjay",[96] to which Hitchens quickly replied, "Only some of which is true."[97] Later, in a column for Slate promoting his debate with Galloway which was to take place on September 14, 2005, he elaborated on his prior response. "He says that I am an ex-Trotskyist (true), a "popinjay" (true enough, since its original Webster's definition means a target for arrows and shots), and that I cannot hold a drink (here I must protest)."[98] Oliver Burkeman writes, "Since the parting of ways on Iraq [...] Hitchens claims to have detected a new, personalised nastiness in the attacks on him, especially over his fabled consumption of alcohol. He welcomes being attacked as a drinker 'because I always think it's a sign of victory when they move on to the ad hominem.' He drinks, he says, 'because it makes other people less boring. I have a great terror of being bored. But I can work with or without it. It takes quite a lot to get me to slur.'"[99]

I tend to agree with the drunk, I mean ol' Chris there. I enjoy it when people move on to ad-homs as well because it is a sign of victory.

I don't know. Call me crazy, but I still prefer Ayn with the whip over Jon and Chris. However whatever makes your dick hard is fine with me mate.

post #59 of 89
Ummm, ewww?
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #60 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I tend to agree with the drunk, I mean ol' Chris there. I enjoy it when people move on to ad-homs as well because it is a sign of victory.

Oh look. Trumptman just called someone a 'drunk' in the first sentence.

And in the second sentence he said that people move on to ad-homs when they lose.

Oh fail, where is thy sting?

That quote from the famous drunk Christopher Hitchens again, in full:

Quote:
post #61 of 89
Perhaps you could catch the irony now that when posting an ad-hom from Hitchens, and note his own reasoning on it, you now show that you have been repeatedly quoting someone who lost the argument by his own reasoning.

Wow look at all that sweat from lifting a pen and a cig. I tell you he is quite the guy to pine over. What do you think he would do if he were drunk and Obama were bowing in front of him?

post #62 of 89
Quote:

Perhaps you could catch the irony now that when posting an ad-hom from Hitchens, and note his own reasoning on it, you now show that you have been repeatedly quoting someone who lost the argument by his own reasoning.

In English, please.

Quote:

Wow look at all that sweat from lifting a pen and a cig. I tell you he is quite the guy to pine over. What do you think he would do if he were drunk and Obama were bowing in front of him?

That quote from the sweaty, drunk smoker Christopher Hitchens in full again.

Quote:
post #63 of 89
Quote:

In English, please.

In short, you are hoisting Hitchens on his own petard.

Your quote is Hitchens engaging in a personal attack on Ayn Rand and on anyone who appreciates her writing. Thus by his reasoning, he automatically has lost. The worst he can say are labels like absurd, not wanted, not brilliant, etc.

That isn't reasoning. Those are attacks. The more you post them, the more you show Hitchen failed by his own reasoning.

If you went to the link mentioned with the picture, you'd have to note it is nothing more than a giant ad-hom as well.

However again, this would require the sense to see that ad-homs are not reasoning. Mockery is not reasoning nor reality. Rather they are things that stand in opposition to reasoning. That's not to say people cannot enjoy good humor but one does not substitute for the other.

However something tells me you agree quite well with this "reasoning" since it so resembles what we read on HuffPo, see from Jon Stewart and Bill Maher. This is the end of the article from the blog you linked to that made mention of it.

Quote:
Fuck you, Ayn Rand.

Fuck you for turning some of the most open and interesting people I ever met into utopian dickheads.

Fuck you for injecting them with a sneering sense of superiority, and with the tautological belief that anyone who didn't "get it" was a jealous know-nothing—which, ipso facto, only proved that superiority.

And fuck you for prose so bad that the only way to measure it is with a meat scale.

There. I feel better.

But wait—Ayn, you know that letter I just got informing me that my equity line of credit is being frozen despite my perfect credit history, and despite the fact that I bought a house I could actually afford?

Yeah, fuck you for that, too.

Sad people who want to point fingers and call names. Hey more power to them if it is a joke or they are a comedian. However don't ask people to treat this as reasoning or reality. It just makes the person making the request look bad.

post #64 of 89
Quote:

If you went to the link mentioned with the picture, you'd have to note it is nothing more than a giant ad-hom as well.

However again, this would require the sense to see that ad-homs are not reasoning. Mockery is not reasoning nor reality. Rather they are things that stand in opposition to reasoning.

But that's OK! Ad homs are great!

My friend trumptman, this one time, he kept a thread going, single-handedly, for SIX PAGES, full of nothing but ad-homs!

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=88090

And everyone was like 'This is really, really horrible" and he was like "Nah, ad homs are really great, mockery's cool, you just have to be mocking someone you don't like."

And then everyone was like "But... that's total fucking lame hypocrisy".

And he was like "Fuck you, it's OK when I do it, because I get to decide who deserves it."
post #65 of 89
I'd love to see you quote the words instead of caricaturing them. You seem to be very good at making up arguments using fake quotes rather than addressing the actual typed words. Others are noting it as well.

The board has a quote function. Do you need help using it or do you just like talking to yourself like a homeless skitzophrenic person?

Wait.... are these forums even real? Do I even exist? Are you merely off your meds again Mumbo?

post #66 of 89
65 posts and only 6 cartoons????? And I had such high hopes for entertainment when I clicked!
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
post #67 of 89
Quote:

I'd love to see you quote the words instead of caricaturing them. You seem to be very good at making up arguments using fake quotes rather than addressing the actual typed words. Others are noting it as well.

The board has a quote function. Do you need help using it or do you just like talking to yourself like a homeless skitzophrenic person?

Wait.... are these forums even real? Do I even exist? Are you merely off your meds again Mumbo?

Of course they're fake quotes, sillybilly.

It's mockery. You know. Satire.

Tell you what.

You decide whether or not ad homs and mockery are really bad and evil, or if they're perfectly fine and deserve a thread of six pages which you keep going single-handedly, and then we'll address this schizophrenic thing.

post #68 of 89
post #69 of 89
Quote:

Of course they're fake quotes, sillybilly.

It's mockery. You know. Satire.

Tell you what.

You decide whether or not ad homs and mockery are really bad and evil, or if they're perfectly fine and deserve a thread of six pages which you keep going single-handedly, and then we'll address this schizophrenic thing.

Maybe you should address how it isn't an "OR" choice associated with the bad strawman you want to set up and knock down.

You do realize mockery can be both good and NOT reality at the same time right?

Perhaps you don't.

post #70 of 89
Quote:

Reductio ad absurdum.
post #71 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by involuntary_serf View Post

Reductio ad absurdum.

Yes. It's mockery. It's not supposed to be reasoned discourse on Randian philosophy or on her fucking awful novels.

Both are absurd.

post #72 of 89

post #73 of 89
Quote:

Maybe you should address how it isn't an "OR" choice associated with the bad strawman you want to set up and knock down.

You do realize mockery can be both good and NOT reality at the same time right?

Perhaps you don't.

Yes.

It's 'good' and 'reality' when the target is Barack Obama.

It's 'bad' and 'a ridiculous ad hom designed to distract from the issues' when the target is anyone you like.

You've made that very clear. The only one allowed to link to Saturday Night Live is you.

We all know that.
post #74 of 89

post #75 of 89
Quote:

Trumptman, this is thread designed to piss off RIGHT WING PEOPLE.

It was a thread started in response to your hilarious six-page hatefest http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=88090 and your hilarious spamathon when you spammed a thread with non-ad hom cartoons that were totally 'real' and 'good' and in no way designed to be provocative and distract from issues.

Go and post your perfectly acceptable mocking cartoons there.

post #76 of 89

post #77 of 89
EncyclopediaDramatica is very funny.

Quote:
Ayn Rand outlined her vision of aesthetics in "The Romantic Manifesto" and "The Art of Fiction Writing" in which she explains how to plagiarise lesser known novels such as Garet Garrett's "The Driver" and Yevgeny Zamyatin's "We", and then use them as a vehicle for a crude, batshit insane home-made religion for turning ordinary people into autistic sociopaths.
In her own words:

"My philosophy, in essence, is the concept of man as being too retarded for real philosophy but not retarded enough for Scientology."
post #78 of 89
It's not Sarah Palin or Ayn Rand, both of whom are absurd, over-rated stupid cult leaders in whom the hopes and masturbatory fantasies of a generation of extremely right wing Americans who can't let go of their adolescence are invested, but it's nearly as good.

post #79 of 89

post #80 of 89
Quote:

trumptman, you have your own thread for 'Obama is a cunt' cartoons.

This thread is to piss off RIGHT WING PEOPLE.

The clue is in the title.

Go and post your totally-acceptable-when-I-do-it cartoons linked from PowerlineBlog there.

Thanks.

PS: I like your new sig! Kind of like the old one only with less Ayn Rand in it!

Right wing Americans looked at Kirkegaard, Popper, Zizek, Gray, Kant, Descartes, Derrida, Bok, Cantor, Bataille, Baudrillard, Dolar, Foucault, Neitzsche, Barthes, Eliade and Canetti, and thought "No. What we need is a really shit novelist who's turned selfishness into a cross between Dungeons and Dragons and Dianetics."

Enjo
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › It's the Hilarious Cartoons About Right Wing Sacred Cows Thread!