Originally Posted by Tauron
1. The VA is better than the health care of you or I get. See my post above.
A link to a book? Do a google search and read the accounts. Talk to people. There are accounts of denied care, long waits, mistakes, etc. The fact that you think our government can run, well, anything other than the defense department is hysterical. We see examples every single day.
2. Nothing in life is perfect and the Canadian system is also not perfect, but it is also not broken. In fact it works very well and Canadians love it. Go read about it and you will see.
No, I would like some links....you know, proof. In the meantime, chew on this: http://www.city-journal.org/html/17_...ealthcare.html
3. Universal Declaration of Human Rights: Mkay?
Well that's interesting, because I don't see that here.
4. This assertion is extremely true. The point here is not that healthcare reform will be free. Of course it won't be free. But the cost for the country if we continue doing nothing about healthcare will be much greater. So yes, in fact, healthcare reform has the potential to save us a ton of money in the long run.
Again...no links, no studies, just your word, which is really Obama's. The fact that you think the government can spend at least 1 trillion dollars with no fiscal impact is absurd. Obama and the House leaders haven't shown evidence of your claim, and neither have you.
5. Current healthcare emphasizes remedies and underemphasizes prevention. This is the conclusion of many clinical studies. For proof go to NIH (National institutes of health) and look at their current research focus: you will see the word "prevention" and "lifestyle improvement" and "care cost reduction" over and over.
So we're going to mandate those?
HAHAHAHAH. A youtube video?
7. What you are saying is just a regurgitation of the right wing propaganda. Have you tried to find out what it actually says? No, I didn't think so.
I know what it says. Apparently you're wrong though, because it's now going to be dropped. Gee, wonder why that happened.
Yes, a link from thinkprogress! At least they have no agenda. You post one memo and that invalidates all protest. Nice try.
9. The number is actually higher than 1.2 million a DAY: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews
Oh my God....you mean companies hire lobbyists!?!?!
10.See my other post. The 70% number is about right.
It's not even close to right. Obama has a 47% approval rating this week. You ignored polling data from Gallup.