or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Palm rejected Apple's no employee poaching offer - report

Palm rejected Apple's no employee poaching offer - report - Page 2

post #41 of 48
Makes no difference at all. Palm still couldn't do it WITH Apple talent.

I'd be surprised if they make it to 2010.
post #42 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Palm had so much potential, too. It's really a shame, because I was hoping they could provide some decent competition to Apple in the mobile device arena. When there is good competition between good companies, everyone wins.

Palm is a prime example of a company that has had some great ideas and innovations over the years, but has had poor management, marketing, and implementation.

Apple, by contrast, is a prime example of a company that "gets it". Apple has been a game changer and pace setter over the past decade. It seems everyone else, including Microsoft, has been playing catch up.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #43 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

People steal employees all the time, hence a no compete clause. Crazy.

And those non-compete clauses are illegal in California anyway.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #44 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Palm had so much potential, too. It's really a shame, because I was hoping they could provide some decent competition to Apple in the mobile device arena. When there is good competition between good companies, everyone wins.

Palm is a prime example of a company that has had some great ideas and innovations over the years, but has had poor management, marketing, and implementation.

Apple, by contrast, is a prime example of a company that "gets it". Apple has been a game changer and pace setter over the past decade. It seems everyone else, including Microsoft, has been playing catch up.

Well they aint dead yet, but it's an uphill battle for them at the moment.
post #45 of 48
If Apple don't want there employees to move to a competitor then perhaps they should think about making them want to stay rather than removing there options of leaving. Lets face it if you have an employee that want's to be somewhere else there no good to you.

Anyway good move by Palm, given the lack of a lawsuit from Apple they must have accumulated enough knowledge from the people they hired to defend themselves against all the things in the Pre that look stolen from the iPhone.
post #46 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

That is foolish thinking and without factual evidence, Palm have been around for a long time and will be around for a long time. I love Apple, but I love healthy competition to ensure that Apple provides me the bEST product for my money with majority of features, I want.

Without Palm, Apple will turn into another Microsoft of personal computer market and you get lousy products because there is no real competition.

BTW Apple have poached enough people from other firms, so it all standard practice in the business world.
post #47 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

And those non-compete clauses are illegal in California anyway.

---------------------------------------------

Yeah and since that is the case it would seem that companies trying to make deals like this would be in a very gray area legally.

If Apple is worried about this, then they need to retain their employees through pay and other incentives.
post #48 of 48
Let's stop kidding ourselves, Palm cares nothing about what is legal or moral. They just hate Apple.
Apple has no competition. Every commercial product which competes directly with an Apple product gives the distinct impression that, Where it is original, it is not good, and where it is good, it...
Apple has no competition. Every commercial product which competes directly with an Apple product gives the distinct impression that, Where it is original, it is not good, and where it is good, it...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Palm rejected Apple's no employee poaching offer - report