or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › What do security alerts mean?

What do security alerts mean?

post #1 of 6
<a href="http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/12/03/rec.security.alert/index.html" target="_blank">http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/12/03/rec.security.alert/index.html</a>

I mean, really?

I live in maybe the least attractive target for terrorism in the world, so to me the answers nothing.

What do those of you who live in bigger cities think when they come out? Is there really any advantage?

Jeff

[ 12-03-2001: Message edited by: jeffyboy ]</p>
What are you up to, Norm?

My ideal weight if I were 11 feet tall.

post #2 of 6
I think the government is just trying to be as careful as possible. It doesn't really worry me when they come out, it just reminds me about what's going on in the world right now.
post #3 of 6
Chicago's been "on alert" for a while. I was downtown for the day after Thanksgiving and IMO they could have had more cops or "something".

For us regular people I guess it doesn't mean that much. Unless it's specific. Maybe for the city it's more helpful.
post #4 of 6
That makes the most sense, I guess.

I could see major cities even have specific instructions to have a percentage more police, firefighters and emergency workers on the job or at least standing by after the government's received a certain amount of threats.

Stuck in my own little world sometimes...

Jeff

post #5 of 6
It's also a way for the government to cover their collective asses.

In early June U.S intelligence started to hear things, the information was sporadic and came in tiny bits and peices. Something was up.

By mid-summer, they were sure another attack was in the works.....something very big, at that. It was going to occur sometime in late August / early September.

They just had no clue as to where.

And they said nothing.

After the attack the reaction was like "Oh! So THAT'S what they were planning!"
post #6 of 6
With the security alert we now know why we are bending over and kissing our as*es good bye when something happens. :cool:
It IS as bad as you think, and they ARE out to get you.
It IS as bad as you think, and they ARE out to get you.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › What do security alerts mean?