or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Apple to retain, redesign plastic MacBook family

Apple to retain, redesign plastic MacBook family - Page 4

post #121 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorph View Post

Actually, that weight ("a lot?" seriously?) was added to make the shell rigid and flex-proof. If you take away the tapers, you have a much less robust case--unless you add even more weight back on to reinforce it.

The looks are just icing on the cake.

A tapered case shell does not add weight, rather it reduces it. Just think about the extra material a squared off shell requires.

Buy the way I'm not bothered by the idea of a plastic case, provided it is well designed and of quality resins. It is very possible to make a rugged plastic case, but not cheap.

Dave
post #122 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karelia View Post

Ahh, that I was not aware of. I've only really worked on Apple hardware, and they don't label it as such.

Yeah, it can be irritating, Apple rarely uses the same terminology as the rest of the computer industry. I don't know how common MXM is these days either. It's supposed to be a notebook type graphics card format, and I really don't get into high end notebooks enough to know if it is commonly used.
post #123 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Yeah, it can be irritating, Apple rarely uses the same terminology as the rest of the computer industry. I don't know how common MXM is these days either. It's supposed to be a notebook type graphics card format, and I really don't get into high end notebooks enough to know if it is commonly used.

I've never seen it, but I rarely disassemble PC laptops beyond the keyboard or top/bottom casings, and even less so on high-end machines. That wikipedia article you referenced had list, albeit small, of where MXM cards can be found.
Apple Product Professional
Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
Apple Product Professional
Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
post #124 of 126
Watch this innovative laptop computer video, wherein bees lifting the laptop amazingly when the honey & glue is spread over the laptop. A must watch new video.
Check new lightweight laptop being flown in air by bees amazingly! A funny advertisement shoot for laptop!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_12L_Dme8Vc
post #125 of 126
What about the mini?

Seems as if all of Apple's products are receiving attention yet the poor mini is back to being the forgotten child.
post #126 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmissimo View Post

What about the mini?
Seems as if all of Apple's products are receiving attention yet the poor mini is back to being the forgotten child.

I agree, and so that someone at Apple hears our fervent request, I would urge you to go to www.apple.com/feedback/macmini.html and fill in a request that they please continue to support, enhance, update the dear mini on a regular basis.
The Universe is Intelligent and Friendly
The Universe is Intelligent and Friendly
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Apple to retain, redesign plastic MacBook family