or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › OMG.........."War On Terrorism" comic strip

OMG.........."War On Terrorism" comic strip

post #1 of 34
THIS LINK IS NOT FSCKING WORK SAFE, 'KAY?

<a href="http://www.mnftiu.cc/mnftiu.cc/war.html" target="_blank">Click here</a>
post #2 of 34
ROTFL!!! That's some sublime fscking @#$%@!!!
No, the bazaar cannot satisfy users. Neither can the cathedral. Nothing can satisfy users, because software is written to enable rather than satisfy, and because most users are mewling malcontents...
No, the bazaar cannot satisfy users. Neither can the cathedral. Nothing can satisfy users, because software is written to enable rather than satisfy, and because most users are mewling malcontents...
post #3 of 34
Damn man, some of those are funny! (oh yeah, but so wrong...)
post #4 of 34
weird, i just thought they were stupid.

hmm, got nothign worthwhile to say, so i should toss f*** into every other sentence, then it'll be funny.

and what's that crap about our soldiers dying in the fighting? we've lost 1 person so far? our soldiers are safer fighting than i am driving to work.
post #5 of 34
hehe
"God, I regret to inform You that U.S. policy now dictates we bomb the **** out of You up in Heaven"

It aint Doonsberry but... no, it just sucks.

Doonsberry, where for art thou....
Oh, in the paper, thats right.
Those who dance the dance must look very foolish to those who can't hear the music
Those who dance the dance must look very foolish to those who can't hear the music
post #6 of 34
For the record, I nearly pissed myself laughing at that page.

And don't forget, there are 4 more pages there.
post #7 of 34
Hmm, well.

Clip art + half-assed political commentary + dirty words == teh funney!

I got a small breath/laugh out of one of them.
proud resident of a failed state
post #8 of 34
[quote]Clip art + half-assed political commentary + dirty words == teh funney!<hr></blockquote>

I like the word '****'. Anything that uses '****' that much is awesome.
We're investigating reports of indecent acts being committed at the YMCA.
We're investigating reports of indecent acts being committed at the YMCA.
post #9 of 34
Sorry, I guess I'm an asshole. I laughed at a few of those pretty good...

And sorry man, Doonsberry?! That comic just plain SUCKS.
post #10 of 34
Man, can I change my vote? I had only read the first page earlier. I just read the next few and it did nothing for me.

I guess the f this and f that got old after the 10th comic or so...
post #11 of 34
I think politically charged comics are fine (Doonesbury and others) and I have no problem with cussing.

That comic is just weak.

"Do you like war?"
"**** YEAH, YOU ****ING ****!"
"No ****ing shit?"
"**** yeah, for ****'s sake our ****ing comic is hilarious, do you ****ing get all the ****ing hipness in this mother****er?"
post #12 of 34
I've seen this strip before... I thought it was quite funny and poignant in places.

What interests me more though is why some people find it offensive.
Ceci n'est pas une pomme. Magritte
post #13 of 34
I give it a BIG thumbs down.
The crucial memorandum will be snared in the out-basket by
the paper clip of the overlying memo and go to file.
post #14 of 34
Don't forget about your trading cards:
<a href="http://www.infinitejest.org/1/cards.html" target="_blank">http://www.infinitejest.org/1/cards.html</a>

post #15 of 34
What I find funny is.. if some one where to put out a comic strip making fun of the stupid anti-war protesters and making fun of atheist you's probably see people marching for Politically Correctness
post #16 of 34
Bush is a fvcking tool

and the comic comparing "war on terrorism' with "war on drugs" was so damn funny. The rest is 'iffy' but some are damn hillarious.
I'm having deja-vu and amnesia at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
I'm having deja-vu and amnesia at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
post #17 of 34
[quote]Originally posted by ZO:
<strong>Bush is a fvcking tool
</strong><hr></blockquote>
All politicians are tools. Just be glad Gore isn't the president at this time.
<strong> [quote]
and the comic comparing "war on terrorism' with "war on drugs" was so damn funny. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Actually the two aren't alike in so many ways.

[ 12-05-2001: Message edited by: Sinewave ]</p>
post #18 of 34
[quote]Originally posted by Retrograde:
<strong>What interests me more though is why some people find it offensive.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yea. Why the **** do people think ****ing stuff like that shit is ****ing offensive. What the **** is wrong with those mother****ers?
post #19 of 34
[quote]Originally posted by Scott H.:
<strong>

Yea. Why the **** do people think ****ing stuff like that shit is ****ing offensive. What the **** is wrong with those mother****ers?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Actually, I wasn't referring to the rather generous helping of "****s" as the cause of offense... I was referring to the sense of outrage some people have concerning the political satire/criticism of the strip.

Offense caused by the word **** just leaves me with this feeling:

Whereas offense caused by the political satire I actually find interesting and worthy of thought.
post #20 of 34
It's not offensive, IMO, it's just not funny.

Want humor with dirty words? <a href="http://www.penny-arcade.com" target="_blank">http://www.penny-arcade.com</a> or <a href="http://www.theonion.com" target="_blank">http://www.theonion.com</a>

Hell, the onion will even give you anti-Bush stuff.
post #21 of 34
Those cards are great!

As far as policital tools go, it sure would be nice in war time to actually have a president who can speak without making me want to hurl. Gore wouldn't have been muchter on this, but Bush reads the cue cards worse than anyone!
i am monkey
i am monkey
post #22 of 34
[quote]Originally posted by i am monkey:
<strong>Those cards are great!

As far as policital tools go, it sure would be nice in war time to actually have a president who can speak without making me want to hurl. Gore wouldn't have been muchter on this, but Bush reads the cue cards worse than anyone!</strong><hr></blockquote>

yea. That's the one thing we should be worried about
post #23 of 34
[quote]Originally posted by i am monkey:
<strong>Those cards are great!

As far as policital tools go, it sure would be nice in war time to actually have a president who can speak without making me want to hurl. Gore wouldn't have been muchter on this, but Bush reads the cue cards worse than anyone!</strong><hr></blockquote>

muchter?
post #24 of 34
Look everyone, it's Sinewave making fun of someone else's spelling errors!

Those cards rock, I want them! I don't agree with all of their points but they're creative as all hell.
post #25 of 34
Those comics are so stupid.
post #26 of 34
[quote]Originally posted by murbot:
<strong>
And sorry man, Doonsberry?! That comic just plain SUCKS.</strong><hr></blockquote>

You lack appreciation of Satire
The strip is kinda dull, but pick up a collection some time, they are one of the funniest comics Ive read.

Of course Trudeau aint no Rick Mercer, but thats another story.
post #27 of 34
and the comic comparing "war on terrorism' with "war on drugs" was so damn funny.
agreed
I was cracking up after that one. Theres some other good touches in there, but they are hidden among the loads of crap.

All politicians are tools. Just be glad Gore isn't the president at this time.

Or what? If Gore were pres what would be wrong right now?
And what would be right eh?
post #28 of 34
Stupid strip, I gave up after the first page. The use of the f-word every other syllable and the otherwise poor humor really destroyed it.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #29 of 34
One of my alltime favourite strips which was also good for political satire was Bloom County. I never get tired of some of those... I wonder what happened to Breathed?

...and those cards? wicked!
post #30 of 34
Gore would be. . . doing the exact same things that Bush is doing.

They are the same person.
post #31 of 34
SHHHH!!!! Groverat, don't spoil the whole Coke/Pepsi 'choice' debate!
post #32 of 34
[quote]You lack appreciation of Satire.

The strip is kinda dull, but pick up a collection some time, they are one of the funniest comics I've read.<hr></blockquote>

Actually, it's been years since I've even seen the strip. I'll have to take a look at a collection as you suggest... maybe I've matured a little in the past few years without realizing it.
post #33 of 34
[quote]Originally posted by groverat:
<strong>Look everyone, it's Sinewave making fun of someone else's spelling errors!
</strong><hr></blockquote>

Heheh I usually don't.. but sense he was making fun of Bush's speech.. I found it humorous
post #34 of 34
[quote]Heheh I usually don't.. but sense he was making fun of Bush's speech.. I found it humorous<hr></blockquote>

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: groverat ]</p>
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › OMG.........."War On Terrorism" comic strip