or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Ted Kennedy dead tonight.

Ted Kennedy dead tonight. - Page 5

post #161 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

I'm usually right about these things and this time I know I'm right.

You know, I'm usually pretty hard on liberals. But this kind of arrogance is well past even the liberal mindset.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #162 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

You know, I'm usually pretty hard on liberals. But this kind of arrogance is well past even the liberal mindset.

Yes and you're one to talk aren't you? If you look at trends, where we've been, and the way cycles work as a whole it's really kind of a no brainer.

Obama isn't going to be impeached. We're in a liberal part of the cycle. So the other arms of government won't change much right away. Obama will get 4 years probably 8. And even after that if things are going well we might even get another 4 years out of another candidate. What the republicans have done and George Bush is still fresh in the minds of the voter.

Easy call.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #163 of 185
"When you think of me, when you think of John McCain, think of me, George W. Bush. Think of this face. When youre in the voting booth, before you vote, picture this face. Right here. A vote for John McCain is a vote for George W. Bush.

heh.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #164 of 185
Quote:

Yes and you're one to talk aren't you? If you look at trends, where we've been, and the way cycles work as a whole it's really kind of a no brainer.

Obama isn't going to be impeached. We're in a liberal part of the cycle. So the other arms of government won't change much right away. Obama will get 4 years probably 8. And even after that if things are going well we might even get another 4 years out of another cadidate. What the republicans have done and George Bush is still fresh in the minds of the voter.

Easy call.

post #165 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

OMFG! Impeach <insert curent POTUS name here> t-shirts. OMFG!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #166 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

"When you think of me, when you think of John McCain, think of me, George W. Bush. Think of this face. When youre in the voting booth, before you vote, picture this face. Right here. A vote for John McCain is a vote for George W. Bush.

heh.

I loved that SNL skit.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #167 of 185
Quote:

Nice legs. That's about all.
post #168 of 185
Quote:

Nice legs. That's about all.

You're being generous there.

Everyone seems to have forgotten that Ted kennedy was one of authors of No Child Left Behind act. Thoughts? Opinions?
post #169 of 185
Quote:

You're being generous there.

Everyone seems to have forgotten that Ted kennedy was one of authors of No Child Left Behind act. Thoughts? Opinions?

Floorjack my comment was aimed at your cute picture. Obama's not going to get impeached. Maybe you can hope for a certificate that proves he was born on Africa or that he fools around with a Whitehouse intern.

Good luck with that! No he's smarter than that and will be around for probably 2 terms and after that we'll see. It really depends on how soon the GOP decides to shed itself of the more insane elements that have helped drag the party down.
post #170 of 185
Quote:

Floorjack my comment was aimed at your cute picture. Obama's not going to get impeached. Maybe you can hope for a certificate that proves he was born on Africa or that he fools around with a Whitehouse intern.

Good luck with that! No he's smarter than that and will be around for probably 2 terms and after that we'll see. It really depends on how soon the GOP decides to shed itself of the more insane elements that have helped drag the party down.

Yes I know. I think you're being generous that the legs are nice. Good thing you flew off the handle for the rest of your reply.
post #171 of 185
Quote:

Yes I know. I think you're being generous that the legs are nice. Good thing you flew off the handle for the rest of your reply.

No flying off the handle here. It's just very clear you don't have an argumentative leg to stand on.

Pun intended.
post #172 of 185
Quote:

No flying off the handle here. It's just very clear you don't have an argumentative leg to stand on.

Pun intended.

Yes. You did a great job refuting points I never made.

post #173 of 185
Quote:

Yes. You did a great job refuting points I never made.

Jesus was, is, a strawman?
post #174 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

Jesus was, is, a strawman?

No, Jesus is a Wicker Man. He died in your stead, that God might be pleased.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #175 of 185
OMG. Nicholas Cage is our savior.

I"m just glad it's him and not that other guy.
post #176 of 185
Quote:

OMG. Nicholas Cage is our savior.

I"m just glad it's him and not that other guy.

I think Cage is the "pale horse" mentioned in Revelations. At any rate, I'm pretty sure the Bible takes a dim view of the remake.
post #177 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

I think Cage is the "pale horse" mentioned in in that Johnny Cash song. At any rate, I'm pretty sure the Johnny Cash takes a dim view of the remake.

Fixed that for you.
post #178 of 185
Quote:

Fixed that for you.

Who, The Horse In Black? Well, he would, wouldn't he?
post #179 of 185
Floorjack's got nothing. He just doesn't want to admit it.
post #180 of 185
jimmac what issue do you think I'm trying to argue in this thread that I have "nothing" for?
post #181 of 185
Quote:

jimmac what issue do you think I'm trying to argue in this thread that I have "nothing" for?

You clearly have nothing relevant to add to the content of this thread except the cutsy wootsy picture of a girl holding a sign with a fill in space for a name.
post #182 of 185
Quote:

You clearly have nothing relevant to add to the content of this thread except the cutsy wootsy picture of a girl holding a sign with a fill in space for a name.

Oh. And your contributions have been so insightful. I thank you for them.
post #183 of 185
Quote:

Oh. And your contributions have been so insightful. I thank you for them.

And again nothing.

What does any of this have to do with the death of Ted Kennedy or how long the conservatives will be kept in their little corner?
post #184 of 185
Quote:

And again nothing.

What does any of this have to do with the death of Ted Kennedy or how long the conservatives will be kept in their little corner?

Yea because you know the threads here in PO always stay on topic.
post #185 of 185
Quote:

Yea because you know the threads here in PO always stay on topic.

Whatever.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Ted Kennedy dead tonight.