or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Ted Kennedy dead tonight.

Ted Kennedy dead tonight. - Page 2

post #41 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

he got the best health care this country has to offer, lived longer than expected because of it

i want his health care policy

I have his health care policy.

It's called the public option.

I have, as of yet, not found anyone in PO who truly understands the public option.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #42 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

The only way to get it is to win a seat in congress. Even if President Obama has his way, the proles will never have access to a health program like theirs!

Bullshit!

18.5 million Americans already have the public option, the same one that Obama has, the same one that Teddy had.
post #43 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Proton radiotherapy is very expensive and not proven to be better than X-ray radiation. Even if he spent his own money it was wasteful and the money could have been better used providing care for those that cannot afford it. It's the epitome of what Obama is talking about when he mentions that most health care dollars are spent in the final months of someone's life.

If he spent his money, it was his to waste right?

Like his daughter, her doctors said surgery was hopeless yet Kennedy pushed for and found surgeons that would do the surgery and she's well after surviving 5 years.

If he, or anyone else could pay for an "expensive, unproven" procedure, you're saying what, he or they shouldn't and instead give the funds they would have used to try and save their life and give it to who?

Where did Obama say what your last sentence infers, or are you talking about the infamous death panel, pull the plug on granny crap.
post #44 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Bush left a woman to die under water and ran to protect himself from the consequences? Do tell.
That's a lot different from running a baseball team into the ground.

And I seriously doubt that Americans will fall for the "let's do it" for Kennedy nonsense.

Legislation should be passed on its own merits after thorough debate.

You knew everything I meant but I don't remember saying a name.

Sorry but a lot of people feel this might change the deadlock.

Quote:
That's a lot different from running a baseball team into the ground.

How about running a country into the ground?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #45 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

How about running a country into the ground?

By enacting "bail out" programs to create a 7 TRILLION plus debt?? (and that's just the first 7 months folks!)
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
post #46 of 185
Ted Kennedy was a legendary senator and all americans today are better off thanks to him directly.

And to the millions and millions of republicans out there surviving on a minimum wage or struggling with your kids education, I salute you and urge you to pay tribute to your fallen servant.
post #47 of 185
Quote:

By enacting "bail out" programs to create a 7 TRILLION plus debt?? (and that's just the first 7 months folks!)

Show me the money!

The Debt to the Penny and Who Holds It

8/25/2009 - 1/20/2009 ~ $1.1 Trillion not ~$7 Trillion.

Also, most of this debt falls under Dubya's watch, as FY2009 was Dubya's last fiscal year budget, minus this year's funding level for the stimulus package (a few hundred billion at best).
post #48 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

Show me the money!

Also, most of this debt falls under Dubya's watch, as FY2009 was Dubya's last fiscal year budget, minus this year's funding level for the stimulus package (a few hundred billion at best).

Not to mention all the subsequent pain and misery that is going to follow from now on and will take 5+ years is also going to fall under Dubya's watch since it was during his term that regulation went into the trash can and bank/insurance CEOs got cozy with each other.
post #49 of 185
Quote:

Show me the money!

7 T is the PROJECTION, based on President Obama's proposals. So I'll be happy to give Bush 1 T ... he was an A$$hat also... but Big O is no different ... have you noticed all the troops vacating Iraq and Afghanistan?... me neither.
post #50 of 185
Quote:

7 T is the PROJECTION, based on President Obama's proposals. So I'll be happy to give Bush 1 T ... he was an A$$hat also... but Big O is no different ... have you noticed all the troops vacating Iraq and Afghanistan?... me neither.

Bush doubled the national debt over his 8 years.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #51 of 185
Quote:

You do know that the 7 Trillion projection is what needs to be done in order to fix Dubya's mess right? It is not like Obama ass-pulled some imaginary need to spend 7 Trillion, correct? I mean, why has every major and minor country in the world had a stimulus package to deal with the recession created by republicans while only republicans seem to think it will magically fix itself? Have you stop to think about that?

Oh and by the way Obama has set a timetable for pulling out of Iraq while Afghanistan is where the non-imaginary problem really is so he is correct into sending more troops there.
post #52 of 185
Quote:

I have his health care policy.

It's called the public option.

I have, as of yet, not found anyone in PO who truly understands the public option.

Those of us who currently live with single-payer-health-care fully understand the 'public option',
and understand that it will never be anything like a U.S. senator's gold-plated health care plan.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #53 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauron View Post

Oh and by the way Obama has set a timetable for pulling out of Iraq while Afghanistan is where the non-imaginary problem really is so he is correct into sending more troops there.

As in Pipelinistan? The war against Afghanistan was planned in 1999. The more troops that get sent there will result in higher casualties on both sides, with no end in sight. Obama is yet another president being played by the Endless War Party, like a violin. Operation Enduring "Freedom". My a$$.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #54 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

As in Pipelinistan? The war against Afghanistan was planned in 1999. The more troops that get sent there will result in higher casualties on both sides, with no end in sight. Obama is yet another president being played by the Endless War Party, like a violin. Operation Enduring "Freedom". My a$$.

You can argue that Afghanistan is a waste of time all you want but don't equate it with Iraq.
post #55 of 185
Quote:

have you noticed all the troops vacating Iraq and Afghanistan?... me neither.

Considering Obama spent his entire campaign promising to take troops from Iraq and put them into Afghanistan, that would be surprising. As for pulling out of Iraq, Obama has said by the end of 2010.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #56 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauron View Post

You can argue that Afghanistan is a waste of time all you want but don't equate it with Iraq.

Really now? Both were both mooted well prior to Bush becoming president, and both were planned in the weeks immediately after his inauguration. Both wars were started on lies and or false pretenses, and the U.S. need/requirement to control that region's oil resources have been suggested as a probable but undeclared motivation. Both wars now have lasted longer than World War II and both can potentially go on for at least as long as they have lasted to date. Both wars are in the same geographic region, both wars have no clear national enemy, and both wars have targeted people of the muslim faith. Furthermore, neither Iraq nor Afghanistan did anything to justify being invaded and occupied.

Apart from that, for sure its not worth equating them.
post #57 of 185
Quote:

Those of us who currently live with single-payer-health-care fully understand the 'public option',
and understand that it will never be anything like a U.S. senator's gold-plated health care plan.

100% PURE BULLSHIT!

You don't live in the USA, you do not understand the "public option" as embodied in the current USA government health care program.

I do. I do not live in Canada. I don't understand your case or your health care system.

I am a member of the same group of people as Obama is, as Teddy was.

Do your homework before you make assertions, that clearly, you know nothing about.
post #58 of 185
Quote:

More bullshit!

You yourself stated $7 Trillion in the first seven months of the Obama administration.

It was clearly shown to you that that was a false statement.

You even admitted so.

Now you say it's the projected, but even that is an incorrect assertion, as you cannot predict the future any better than Dubya did with his ten year fiscal plan.

Heck, I can even go back to Obama's original OMB ten year plan and show that the total public debt, so far in FY2009, is ~$1 Trillion under the original OMB projection for FY2009.

So there.
post #59 of 185
What a prick.

post #60 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by involuntary_serf View Post

What a prick.

You Betcha.
post #61 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

If he spent his money, it was his to waste right?

Like his daughter, her doctors said surgery was hopeless yet Kennedy pushed for and found surgeons that would do the surgery and she's well after surviving 5 years.

If he, or anyone else could pay for an "expensive, unproven" procedure, you're saying what, he or they shouldn't and instead give the funds they would have used to try and save their life and give it to who?

Where did Obama say what your last sentence infers, or are you talking about the infamous death panel, pull the plug on granny crap.

The rich and powerful can push their way to the front of the line pushing other people back. Did Kennedy's access deny treatment to a pediatric patient that could actually benefit from proton therapy? Maybe or maybe not. It's the opposite of the progressive ideal that he claimed as his fight. Universal care for thee but not for me. \
post #62 of 185
Wow, we are way off topic now. But I guess that does not matter. I think we got all the constructive information we are going to see out of this thread. Unless anyone else has anything more to say about Ted and his legacy that has anything to do with how he helped the US (read, you and I and our families) in all his time in office.

There have been some assertions that were helpful, but how we got to Iraq and Afghanistan (Piplinistan??? ) is beyond me.

RIP Ted Kennedy. May your memory be everything you strove for and deserve.

Looking to the future, hopefully the new blood that is brought into the senate will bring with it some new ideas, and some change to the dynamics there. Not holding my breath.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #63 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

The rich and powerful can push their way to the front of the line pushing other people back. Did Kennedy's access deny treatment to a pediatric patient that could actually benefit from proton therapy? Maybe or maybe not. It's the opposite of the progressive ideal that he claimed as his fight. Universal care for thee but not for me. \

Moot point.

Rich person get's more health care because they have the money to do so.

D'oh!

Hit me with a dumb stick.

Yeah, Teddy was just another run-of-the-mill hypocrite, what with wanting to live and what all.
post #64 of 185
Step 1: Point out something we don't know.
Step 2: Pretend that we do.
Step 3: Attack a dead man for it.
post #65 of 185
Clearly, Ted Kennedy was a homicidal old drunk whose memory would be besmirched if used to press for things he wanted.

Don't liberals get that it's really grotesque to exploit the memory of a fucking America hating sack of shit whose vile, puss ridden corpse is practically still warm, for political reasons? Have they no shame?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #66 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

wHY IS NO ONE SHOWING UP WITH GUNS TO THE VIEWING?

Because there is a very real, very legitimate fear that Obama's SEIU/Acorn thug Hitler army will be lying in wait. Decent, legitimately frightened Americans can't bring their constitutionally protected guns to the public viewing of their public servant because of what Obama is very likely capable of.

That, my friends, is exactly how Nazi Germany started.
post #67 of 185
Just imagine if Ted Kennedy or Stephen Hawking had had to endure a NHS like Britain. I shudder to think what would have happened to them and LALALA I'M PRETTY SURE THAT FRANCE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE DOCTORS.
post #68 of 185
Quote:

100% PURE BULLSHIT!

You don't live in the USA, you do not understand the "public option" as embodied in the current USA government health care program.

I do. I do not live in Canada. I don't understand your case or your health care system.

I am a member of the same group of people as Obama is, as Teddy was.

Do your homework before you make assertions, that clearly, you know nothing about.

Liberals always believe they are smarter than everyone else.
Hence their surprise when they get beaten time and again, issue after issue.

Then they console themselves by saying the public just didn't understand, setting themselves up for their next failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Wow, we are way off topic now.

Yeah. As the guy who brought up my personal feelings about the bridge incident, I'm going to try to lay low from here on. I said my piece about Senator Kennedy and if we're going to continue to debate ObamaCare, Afghanistan, Iraq or such, let's do it in the appropriate threads.

Let's leave this thread to people who have been personally inspired by the man, or at least wish to debate aspects of his personal life story.
post #69 of 185
Quote:

Just imagine if Ted Kennedy or Stephen Hawking had had to endure a NHS like Britain. I shudder to think what would have happened to them and LALALA I'M PRETTY SURE THAT FRANCE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE DOCTORS.

Oh, it's ironical, is it not? People with medical conditions right here in these United States who, bizarrely, support a scheme that will harvest their organs to pay for abortions, JUST LIKE THEY DO IN YURP.
post #70 of 185
You ever notice that Ted Kennedy was kind of French-looking?
post #71 of 185
Quote:

You ever notice that Ted Kennedy was kind of French-looking?

French or gay, one. I guess that's a distinction without a difference though, amiright?
post #72 of 185
I'll bet he listened to jazz, too.
post #73 of 185
Quote:

Liberals always believe they are smarter than everyone else.
Hence their surprise when they get beaten time and again, issue after issue.

Then they console themselves by saying the public just didn't understand, setting themselves up for their next failure.

Failure Is Not an Option

I was referring to the group of people currently covered by government health care, also known as a model for the "public option" proposal.

I have choice in my private health care provider.

Choice to change my private health care provider each and every year.

It's called the open season.

I'm a liberal? You Betcha!

Civil Rights Act of 1964

Voting Rights Act

Medicare

Social Security

Medicaid

State Children's Health Insurance Program

Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009

Higher Education Act of 1965 (paid for my college undergraduate education in full, for free even)

Sonia Sotomayor

Stem cell laws and policy in the United States

Quote:
9 March 2009 - President Barack Obama signs an executive order reversing federal opposition to embryonic Stem Cell research.

god sukZ dead Donkey dinkZ
post #74 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by involuntary_serf View Post

What a prick.

Because he presented you with facts?
post #75 of 185
Quote:

I'll bet he listened to jazz, too.

Do you suppose he liked fish sticks?
post #76 of 185
Quote:

Do you suppose he liked fish sticks?

As long as the fish weren't from the Chappaquiddick area.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #77 of 185
Yes! Yes, yes, yes, yes! Chappaquiddick, Chappaquiddick, Chappaquiddick, Chappaquiddick!

Seriously though, liberals routinely murder people and are not called on it by the liberal media. Look it up.
post #78 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

That's more than can be said for most politicians!

I wasn't trying to praise or diminish the man on the day of his death, just recognize he was a person, as flawed as any of us.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Get the lowdown on the coming collapse:  http://www.cbo.gov/publication/45010

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Get the lowdown on the coming collapse:  http://www.cbo.gov/publication/45010

post #79 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

... liberals routinely murder people...

Yeah, I murder at least one Republican every 2 seconds.
post #80 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkbug View Post

Yeah, I murder at least one Republican every 2 seconds.

Well, I would imagine he's getting pretty frazzled, at this point.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Ted Kennedy dead tonight.