Originally Posted by imGayForSteveJobs
Halvri are you serious? Posting ads straight from Apple.com. What a joke. I hope you are kidding.
"If we were to need to run anti-virus it would certainly mean Apple were slacking off, but it would by no means make it an abject failure. "
Another idiot statement.
Talk about obscene lack of knowledge. I am suspecting Halvri is actually a robot. Or some sort of senior design project for CS, which has quite a ways to go before it sounds like an individual.
These types of people are why others view Mac users as tools.
Yes I'm serious, there are, after all, reasons that people buy one kind of computer over another. I believe in the core reasons for owning a Mac in much the same way the my roommate believes in the core philosophy of Windows. If you don't understand the benefits of what you're buying, then you shouldn't be buying it and if you are so jaded that you think everything in the world is equal, then there's really no helping you. And none of that is from Apple's website, it's from personal experience.
And I'm glad you think I'm a robot, cause I think your tag alone tells me that you're an immature little kid (whose likely 35 years old or so) that only comes to these forums to start shit with other people cause you have nothing better to do.
I have plenty of complaints about some of the stuff that Apple does, but that doesn't mean I come to these forums just to talk about them. I also think that the next time you respond to me, you should elaborate on your "obscene lack of knowledge" and "another idiot statement" comments so that I can reply in kind or else you're adding nothing to the conversation.
And no, people like me are not what makes others think we're tools. You can usually find those people on other threads in this forum acting like owning a Mac is an extension to their penises and saying things like "PCs are teh suckz, Macs gets no viruses and pwns PCs in da faze" to a Windows fanboi who is literally mind boggled by the idea that people who simply and pointedly defend a company don't necessarily worship its every move.
Here's a list of things that piss me off about Macs if that will make you feel better:
1) Screens: I love the gloss but plenty of people absolutely hate it and there's no reason it shouldn't be a free option on all of the devices.
2) Advertising: I'm sick and tired of the Mac vs Pc commercials acting like the only thing they can talk about is viruses and crashes, the former of which makes it seem like it's the only reason to buy a Mac and the latter of which rarely happens on either side anymore. I wish Apple's marketing team would realize Microsoft isn't on Windows XP anymore.
3) Polycarbonate MacBook: I think it's a complete piece of shit. It cracks too much, it overheats too much and the price is, in my opinion, about $100 too high. Maybe the refresh AI reported will change my mind, but I'm skeptical until I see it.
4) Nvidia: Apple should never have partnered with them. They put out second rate video cards with numerous quality control issues and then try to demand more from every company they work with after the contract has been signed (Microsoft and Nintendo skipped over them for their game consoles for just that reason).
5) iPhone: I think Apple should enable better multitasking on the phone. At the same time, though, I own a Palm Pre and if you open more than two applications at once and don't turn the backlight way down, the battery dies insanely fast, so I can kinda understand why it doesn't.