or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Apple's Snow Leopard disc will install on Tiger Macs

Apple's Snow Leopard disc will install on Tiger Macs - Page 5

post #161 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

The Box Set is actually $169, Leopard was $129. I am well aware of this. As I stated previously, I thought Dr. Millhouse was asking something else.

It's Millmoss. Please, do I look like Richard Nixon?

I've done a lot of searching for this answer, and found nothing definitive yet. This is surprising, since a lot of people seem to be asking it.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #162 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

It's Millmoss. Please, do I look like Richard Nixon?

Corrected, but it ruins my image of you looking like this: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_IVDpEUWH8E...0/milhouse.jpg
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #163 of 167
Quote:

The Box Set is actually $169, Leopard was $129. I am well aware of this. As I stated previously, I thought Dr. Millmoss was asking something else.

Sorry about that. Sad as I even linked to the product on Apple Long day...
3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 / iMac 27" 2.8 Quad i7 / 17" Macbook Pro Unibody / Mac Mini HTPC / iPhone 6 Plus 64GB /iPad with Retina Display 64 GB
3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 / iMac 27" 2.8 Quad i7 / 17" Macbook Pro Unibody / Mac Mini HTPC / iPhone 6 Plus 64GB /iPad with Retina Display 64 GB
post #164 of 167
Quote:

Corrected, but it ruins my image of you looking like this:

That's closer than you could possibly imagine.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #165 of 167
The Wired article DOES NOT state that you can install Snow Leopard DIRECTLY over Tiger. It refers to a Lifehacker article that states:
"We have confirmed that the preview of Snow Leopard DOES offer a standalone installer that works on a freshly-formatted hard drive without an existing Leopard installation or DVD."

A freshly formatted drive is not the same as "directly over Tiger". It is directly over nothing.
post #166 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by ai666 View Post

The Wired article DOES NOT state that you can install Snow Leopard DIRECTLY over Tiger. It refers to a Lifehacker article that states:
"We have confirmed that the preview of Snow Leopard DOES offer a standalone installer that works on a freshly-formatted hard drive without an existing Leopard installation or DVD."

A freshly formatted drive is not the same as "directly over Tiger". It is directly over nothing.

Whatever, both work fine. You can install to an empty drive, or you can upgrade Tiger or Leopard.
post #167 of 167
This does indeed work, I did it this morning with no issues at all with the family pack. Local Best Buy did not carry the single license oddly enough. Still happy to be up to date for $50.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Apple's Snow Leopard disc will install on Tiger Macs