or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Impeachment (Split from: SEC probes possible Apple insider trading)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Impeachment (Split from: SEC probes possible Apple insider trading)

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtbard View Post

I thought only higher executives in a company are subject to insider trading laws. The main thing is to remember Martha Stewart, don't lie. From what I understand, her trades on insider information weren't illegal, but she was convicted of lieing.

Just like Bubba- impeached for lying about it, not the actual sex crime in itself!!!
post #2 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Just like Bubba- impeached for lying about it, not the actual sex crime in itself!!!

Err, unsuccessfully impeached, and there was no sex crime. Other than that your post is as accurate as usual.
post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilM View Post

Err, unsuccessfully impeached, and there was no sex crime. Other than that your post is as accurate as usual.

See how much your know? Congress impeached him- look it up. The Senate did not vote/confirm it. You can now take your foot out of your A%$!
Bill Clinton was impeached on 2 counts. Pick up a history book and read it.

And for you information, I was joking about the sex crime, obviously.
Now what post of mine was inaccurate??
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

See how much your know? Congress impeached him- look it up. The Senate did not vote/confirm it. ... Bill Clinton was impeached on 2 counts. Pick up a history book and read it.

Let's see, Bill Clinton tried to cover up an affair.

Richard Nixon obstructed justice in an attempt to cover up the fact that he used his office to engage in illegal activities that undermined the republic, waged petty vendettas against his enemies, and was forced to resign.

George H W Bush, as Vice President, was involved in illegal sales of arms to Iran to raise money to wage an illegal war in Nicaragua, but got away with it.

George W Bush and Dick Cheney lied to the American public to justify an unnecessary, costly and pointless war that has cost the lives of thousands of Americans and Iraqis, authorized war crimes and torture, and stood idly by after New Orleans was pretty much wiped out by Katrina.

Didn't that Congress have anything less petty to do? Republicans, you're doing a heck of a job!
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Just like Bubba- impeached for lying about it, not the actual sex crime in itself!!!

Oral is NOT illegal in DC... It is in PA! He never did anything against the law. It was lying under oath that they wanted to Impeach him for...

Bush starts a war because 1) He couldn't find Afghanistan on a map and 2) Protect the oil we got 9% from. Lies about it starting it, lies about the evidence (those who were in the know KNEW those were Russian trucks... WE the US Supplied trucks to Iraq!), Lies about everything for 5 years.... And he walks.

Reagan starts a nuclear arms race with a country in efforts to bankrupt them and in the process this country SELLS Nuclear Bombs to... Oh I don't know, IRAN and Lybia. Yet we call him the greatest president of our time.

Het got a Hummer in HIS HOUSE. The only crime was the level of the girl he got it from... Dude, your the PRESIDENT. JFK was the best at it though.

Clinton's issue was between him and the wife, not the senate. Yet they had to make a spectacle about it or his legacy would trump RayGuns.
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Let's see, Bill Clinton tried to cover up an affair.

Richard Nixon obstructed justice in an attempt to cover up the fact that he used his office to engage in illegal activities that undermined the republic, waged petty vendettas against his enemies, and was forced to resign.

George H W Bush, as Vice President, was involved in illegal sales of arms to Iran to raise money to wage an illegal war in Nicaragua, but got away with it.

George W Bush and Dick Cheney lied to the American public to justify an unnecessary, costly and pointless war that has cost the lives of thousands of Americans and Iraqis, authorized war crimes and torture, and stood idly by after New Orleans was pretty much wiped out by Katrina.

Didn't that Congress have anything less petty to do? Republicans, you're doing a heck of a job!

Yes, yes. See it's OK, because Clinton just lied about sex. If I had a nickel. Now...your "examples:"

1. Nixon was guilty as sin.
2. There is no evidence Bush was involved. I don't believe it was even alleged. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IranContra_affair
3. Prove they lied. Prove they committed war crimes. Prove they authorized "torture." Prove they stood "idly by" after Katrina.
4. How about now....how are they doing now? Yeah, not so good.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Prove they authorized "torture."

You think the way prisoners were treated in Guantanamo was not torture?

You think that "being shackled in a baseball catcher's position and subjected to loud music and flashing floodlights for more than twenty four hours in a bare six foot by eight foot cell" is not torture?

You think "being gagged w/duct tape that had covered much of his head" is not torture?

You think "the air conditioning was off in an unventilated room, making the temperature over 38C (100F) and a detainee lay almost unconscious on the floor with a pile of hair next to him. He had apparently been pulling out his hair throughout the night." is not torture?

You think being left barefoot in an almost freezing cell is not torture?

You think being "chained hand and foot in a fetal position to the floor for 18 hours or more, urinating and defecating on themselves" is not torture?

Source

Before you answer, ask yourself how you personally would like to be subjected to any of the above. How about a member of your family?
it's = it is / it has, its = belonging to it.
Reply
it's = it is / it has, its = belonging to it.
Reply
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Yes, yes. See it's OK, because Clinton just lied about sex. If I had a nickel. Now...your "examples:"

1. Nixon was guilty as sin.
2. There is no evidence Bush was involved. I don't believe it was even alleged. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran–Contra_affair
3. Prove they lied. Prove they committed war crimes. Prove they authorized "torture." Prove they stood "idly by" after Katrina.
4. How about now....how are they doing now? Yeah, not so good.

Prove that there's WMD in those hills!

Or we could talk about that big democratic meltdown.

Did you offer proof of either? Was it valid? Why ask someone to do something you won't ( or can't ) do yourself?

Everyone knows what kind of president Reagan and Bush sr. were ( except those in denial ). And even though it was never proven I believe Oliver North took the fall for bigger fish.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Impeachment (Split from: SEC probes possible Apple insider trading)