or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Possible Sept. 9 Apple TV refresh report rebuffed

Possible Sept. 9 Apple TV refresh report rebuffed - Page 2

post #41 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwiredtva View Post

With iPod sales in decline I guess you need to hit the refresh button one more time... And by the time AppleTV could have been something... Something better will have come along...

Old adage about being asleep at the wheel... There has been a Boxee box in the works for a while now. Last I heard was $99 retail with possible subsides from netflix to make it free with a 2yr sign up. I think they actually have their own that can run it as well. Either way that's the future for media in the home.

iPod's are for personal usage. AppleTV was meant for home.

And what is with these lame slogans? Someone retire leaving the daycare in charge?

New AppleTV event will be titled "It's hip to be square!". Apple Tablet event "I can see clearly now the stylus is gone." - Flaming! Who ever is making these should make like a tree and leave (scram - if you know that movie).

Ultra low power Macs - "the power of love"
Itunes breaks 99 billion downloads - "99 Lufballons"
Retro iMac classic release - "Party like it's 1999"

How about we take one of your slogans use it for the rest of them - "Stop in the name of love"

Starting to get a little UN-COOL to be a Mac owner when you have to explain why these slogans are getting used.

If it's all iPods, I'm getting a Zune.

post #42 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logisticaldron View Post

But not a better selection. I can rent movies from iTS the day many movies hit as DVDs but Netflix does not have them as streaming downloads. On top of that, the Netflix quality is not as good as iTS.

Netflix and Amazon both have a better selection.
post #43 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwiredtva View Post

If it's all iPods, I'm getting a Zune.

Better hurry! They are being discontinued, unless you want a Zune HD soon you'll be out of luck!

iPod nano 5th Gen 8GB Orange, iPad 3rd Gen WiFi 32GB White
MacBook Pro 15" Core i7 2.66GHz 8GB RAM 120GB Intel 320M
Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 8GB RAM, iPhone 5 32GB Black

iPod nano 5th Gen 8GB Orange, iPad 3rd Gen WiFi 32GB White
MacBook Pro 15" Core i7 2.66GHz 8GB RAM 120GB Intel 320M
Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 8GB RAM, iPhone 5 32GB Black

post #44 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple13 View Post

What is appleTV? It's almost exactly like an iPod. It's got the music and video watching capabilities. It's got YouTube (like the iPod touch and iPhone). You can download videos and music staright from the iTunes store. This belongs in the same category as iPod and iTunes. It is most like an iPod but one with no screen that you hook up to a screen.

I've been surprised that Apple doesn't make that link, in both ways, very clearly. Perhaps they're waiting to get their media strategy together.

I mean - why not build a dock with IR port, so that the iPod Touch or iPhone can be placed in the dock and immediately offer the AppleTV interface on the TV. Local music & video, youtube, streamed content from iTunes, whatever... it could be quite an easy introduction to the AppleTV.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Possible Sept. 9 Apple TV refresh report rebuffed