or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Sources reveal Apple's new iPod lineup with part numbers

Sources reveal Apple's new iPod lineup with part numbers

post #1 of 30
Just hours before Apple is set to announce its new lineup of iPods, people familiar with the matter have revealed to AppleInsider part of the alleged product refresh, complete with purported model numbers.

A historically reliable source provided the list. The alleged lineup shows no capacity increases for the iPod nano and iPod shuffle, though the new 160GB iPod classic would be a bump up from 120GB.

In addition, there is no iPod touch included, which could possibly be due to rumors of technical issues.

AppleInsider also has reason to believe there could be significant changes to Nike+ technology announced at today's event, scheduled for 10 a.m. Pacific Time, 1 p.m. Eastern.

The alleged partial lineup provided, with model numbers, is as follows:

MC027LL/A - IPOD NANO 8GB - SILVER
MC031LL/A - IPOD NANO 8GB - BLACK
MC034LL/A - IPOD NANO 8GB - PURPLE
MC037LL/A - IPOD NANO 8GB - BLUE
MC040LL/A - IPOD NANO 8GB - GREEN
MC043LL/A - IPOD NANO 8GB - YELLOW
MC046LL/A - IPOD NANO 8GB - ORANGE
MC049LL/A - IPOD NANO 8GB - RED
MC050LL/A - IPOD NANO 8GB - PINK
MC060LL/A - IPOD NANO 16GB - SILVER
MC062LL/A - IPOD NANO 1[6]GB - BLACK
MC064LL/A - IPOD NANO 16GB - PURPLE
MC066LL/A - IPOD NANO 16GB - BLUE
MC068LL/A - IPOD NANO 16GB - GREEN
MC070LL/A - IPOD NANO 16GB - YELLOW
MC072LL/A - IPOD NANO 16GB - ORANGE
MC074LL/A - IPOD NANO 16GB - RED
MC075LL/A - IPOD NANO 16GB - PINK
MC293LL/A - IPOD CLASSIC 160GB - SILVER
MC297LL/A - IPOD CLASSIC 160GB - BLACK
MC306LL/A - IPOD SHUFFLE 2GB - SILVER
MC307LL/A - IPOD SHUFFLE 4GB - GREEN
MC323LL/A - IPOD SHUFFLE 2GB - BLACK
MC328LL/A- IPOD SHUFFLE 4GB - BLUE
MC331LL/A - IPOD SHUFFLE 4GB - PINK
MC381LL/A - IPOD SHUFFLE 2GB - GREEN
MC384LL/A - IPOD SHUFFLE 2GB - BLUE
MC387LL/A - IPOD SHUFFLE 2GB - PINK
post #2 of 30
Just hours to go, to see how accurate the list is?

Sure would be nice to see something New & Exciting come out of this meeting.

Skip
post #3 of 30
Do source think there might be a new iMac? Because Intel just released Core i5 this week.

An iMac with Core i5 and SSD would be nice. Core 2 duo and HD is so yesterday
post #4 of 30
Touch?
post #5 of 30
I'll take the following:
  • MC062LL/A - IPOD NANO 1[6]GB - BLACK
  • MC328LL/A- IPOD SHUFFLE 4GB - BLUE

Also one of the new 64GB Touch iPods, when they start shipping.

Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

AT&T believes their LTE coverage is adequate

Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

post #6 of 30
They will be just adding some bling-bling to what's already available.
I'm not expecting anything special this time...
iPod, is just so overrated. :P
sent from my... internet browser of choice.
post #7 of 30
If that lineup is proven correct, how uneventful from a hardware standpoint
post #8 of 30
i was rally hoping for a 32 gb ipod nano. (with camera)

for $200?
that would sell like wildfire
post #9 of 30
That would be ... disappointing.

Wonder if this is just Apple trying to set expectations?
post #10 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Ingersol View Post

That would be ... disappointing.

Wonder if this is just Apple trying to set expectations?

yep, as always, with most of rumours. Naughty Apple... )
post #11 of 30
Bring on the Nike+ integration into the nano! One less piece to worry about losing. Hopefully they can add an HRM and update the software to allow for intervals.
post #12 of 30
Those specs for which shuffle? The latest one is so small why bother with colors?
post #13 of 30
I'm more anxious about a snappier itunes tbh, not that it's a low application as is, but something tells me that some Cocoaification might bring it up a notch. Last.fm integration would also be cool since it'd allow me too uninstall the bloatware that is audioscrobbler.
post #14 of 30
(Double-post? Forums are messed up today.)

I wonder if we won't see a new Touch until it comes out in Jan alongside a companion tablet-size model? The old Touch (now cheaper) and the Classic will fill in for the holiday season. Just a thought.
post #15 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

Do source think there might be a new iMac? Because Intel just released Core i5 this week.

all iMacs and Mac Mini's use the same laptop CPU's as MBP's. Mac Pro's use the same server CPU as xServe's and HP/Dell servers. Unless Apple comes out with a new desktop line, iMac's will stay the same until the next laptop CPU from Intel
post #16 of 30
Last year Apple dropped the thicker, dual-platter 160GB iPod Classic and bumped the thinner, single-platter 80GB Classic to 120GB. I can’t find any evidence that HDD makers have increased the capacity of the single platter 1.8” HDDs to 160GB, so unless Apple plans on going back to the thicker Classic (which I can’t see happening and wonder if they did why not bump it to 240GB with dual-platters) I can’t see how the Classic will move to 160GB.
post #17 of 30
double
post #18 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

No iMac announcement. This is gonna be an iTunes/iPod event. Apple typically keeps these events to one or two related topics.

As well Intel announcements don't usually lead to Apple announcements. Apple announces their products on their schedule, not anyone else's, and Apple typically announces new hardware well after Intel, as the past has shown.
post #19 of 30
No Touch=Epic fail IMO.

Its the key product in the iPod lineup now.
post #20 of 30
how long will we have to wait for itouch upgrade? was hoping they'd announce now, sell as soon as tech fixed...?
post #21 of 30
think there will be new ipods and apple tv because of movies on itunes...
but still waiting for new imacs..

follow AppleStoreCheck on twitter and be the first to know when apple store is offline ;P
[CENTER]Follow AppleStoreCheck on Twitter.
Be the first to know when Apple Store is offline![/CENTER]
[CENTER]Follow AppleStoreCheck on Twitter.
Be the first to know when Apple Store is offline![/CENTER]
post #22 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphX View Post

think there will be new ipods and apple tv because of movies on itunes...
but still waiting for new imacs..

follow AppleStoreCheck on twitter and be the first to know when apple store is offline ;P

Let me know when Twiiter is offline, for good.
post #23 of 30
Come on. The press event is just hours away. Do we really need this update. Is it really so long to wait to hear it from the horse's mouth? The scoop whatever it is, will be known to everybody later this morning (if it's true that is)

And no, I didn't read this post. I can wait the hour or two to hear for real. I'm just commenting that a "sources say" post at this point just seems ridiculous.
post #24 of 30
30 minutes boys and girls.
post #25 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by John.B View Post

I'll take the following:
  • MC062LL/A - IPOD NANO 1[6]GB - BLACK
  • MC328LL/A- IPOD SHUFFLE 4GB - BLUE

Nobody got the Stones reference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logisticaldron View Post

Let me know when Twiiter is offline.

LOL, let me know when Twitter is online!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yensid98 View Post

Come on. The press event is just hours away. Do we really need this update. Is it really so long to wait to hear it from the horse's mouth? The scoop whatever it is, will be known to everybody later this morning (if it's true that is)

And no, I didn't read this post. I can wait the hour or two to hear for real. I'm just commenting that a "sources say" post at this point just seems ridiculous.

Dude, you are at an Apple rumors site, what did you expect?

(Props to MrX, BTW!)

While you aren't reading this, be sure to not read about iTunes LP...

post #26 of 30
I think we can say for sure the nano HD is correct looking at all the recent nano 5G cases in globalsources and the Touch with a camera in the center, also proven from case designs.
Blackberry + IPhone = Me
Blackberry + IPhone = Me
post #27 of 30
Quote:

Nobody got the Stones reference?

I got it when you pointed out there was a direct reference to the Stones, but outside of that its a bit abstract when you consider that the only Stones reference is the slogan of the event and presumably has nothing else to do with the band.
post #28 of 30
Quote:

I got it when you pointed out there was a direct reference to the Stones, but outside of that it’s a bit abstract when you consider that the only Stones reference is the slogan of the event and presumably has nothing else to do with the band.

I meant the reference to wanting Black and Blue iPods... n/m I suddenly feel old...

post #29 of 30
Quote:

I meant the Black and Blue iPods... n/m I suddenly feel old...

I presume you were referencing the Stones' album Black & Blue, which I get. But I previously stated, it’s all a bit abstract for people to get without you directly pointing out that you are making a Stones reference.
post #30 of 30
Quote:

Last year Apple dropped the thicker, dual-platter 160GB iPod Classic and bumped the thinner, single-platter 80GB Classic to 120GB. I cant find any evidence that HDD makers have increased the capacity of the single platter 1.8 HDDs to 160GB, so unless Apple plans on going back to the thicker Classic (which I cant see happening and wonder if they did why not bump it to 240GB with dual-platters) I cant see how the Classic will move to 160GB.

I was thinking the same thing. A few weeks ago when I checked around, it looked like single-platter drives were still capped at 120 GB. So I was a little surprised to see the rumor earlier today about a 160 GB Classic.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Sources reveal Apple's new iPod lineup with part numbers