or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Live from Apple's "It's Only Rock and Roll" event

Live from Apple's "It's Only Rock and Roll" event

post #1 of 47
Apple today will hold its annual music-related media event -- this year dubbed "It's Only Rock and Roll" -- at 10:00 am Pacific time (1:00 pm Eastern). AppleInsider will provide live coverage from the event here.

Please note, there is no need to reload this page. The applet (below) will auto update with text and photos once the keynote begins. In the meantime, readers are free to submit comments that will be filtered by moderators.

Live from Apple's "It's Only Rock and Roll" event
post #2 of 47
This is going to be really exciting! I wish there had been no leaks from case makers ruins the whole surprise.
Blackberry + IPhone = Me
Blackberry + IPhone = Me
post #3 of 47
Standing by....

NEWS FLASH

Came over CNBC just now

GOOGLE CEO ERIC SCHMIDT IS AT THE APPLE EVENT!!

ALSO STEVE JOBS IS PRESENT AT THE EVENT per CNBC!

Rolling Stones too? On stage? Screw Yoko Ono, greedy witch!

YOU can't top the Jobster!

Special collector iPods filled with RS music?

STEVE JOBS ON STAGE PER CBNC!

Steve Jobs thanks Apple community for support, encourages organ donors. (per CBNC)
The danger is that we sleepwalk into a world where cabals of corporations control not only the mainstream devices and the software on them, but also the entire ecosystem of online services around...
The danger is that we sleepwalk into a world where cabals of corporations control not only the mainstream devices and the software on them, but also the entire ecosystem of online services around...
post #4 of 47
MSNBC is reporting that Yoko may have stolen the thunder!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32733095...h_and_gadgets/
post #5 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTripper View Post

ALSO STEVE JOBS IS PRESENT AT THE EVENT per CNBC!

And the stock just jumped.... yikes...
post #6 of 47
It must be a rocking event......
post #7 of 47
WELCOME BACK, STEVE!

He's presenting!!!

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #8 of 47
Darn he looks good, live on CBNC right now.

Sold 30 million iPhones...standing ovation..etc..
post #9 of 47
iPhone OS 3.1
iTunes 9

and we're only 10 minutes into this...

post #10 of 47
Quote:

Darn he looks good, live on CBNC right now.

Sold 30 million iPhones...standing ovation..etc..

Seriously? CNBC is covering an iPod/iTunes product release?
post #11 of 47
wow
steve looks great
go apple
whats in a name ? 
beatles
whats in a name ? 
beatles
post #12 of 47
Macworld has best coverage it seems, everything else is DOS-ed

http://www.macworld.com/article/1426...ppleevent.html
post #13 of 47
So lets bring something like iLP instead of iDVD. I would love to deliver DVD-like nicely packed content rather than a plain iMovie movie.
post #14 of 47
That's a good idea... with flash memory and now SD cards in MacBook Pros, I think this is where things are heading.

post #15 of 47
21,000 games available on ipod touch. The only problem is that there are only 4 good ones.
Crying? No, I am not crying. I am sweating through my eyes.
Crying? No, I am not crying. I am sweating through my eyes.
post #16 of 47
iTunes 9 out now and 3.1 out now.......where or when exactly is now? I don't see these things anywhere.
post #17 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

iTunes 9 out now and 3.1 out now.......where or when exactly is now? I don't see these things anywhere.

They usually get posted to Apple's site soon after the presentation is finished.

post #18 of 47
Quote:

Macworld has best coverage it seems, everything else is DOS-ed

http://www.macworld.com/article/1426...ppleevent.html

out of gizmodo, engadget and AI i'm liking engadget the best
post #19 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

They usually get posted to Apple's site soon after the presentation is finished.

Good to know....thanks.
post #20 of 47
post #21 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post

out of gizmodo, engadget and AI i'm liking engadget the best

I agree, best pictures and comment

http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/09/l...nd-roll-event/
post #22 of 47
iPod games. Yawn. Wake me when it's done.
post #23 of 47
I had a couple of apps to update via iTunes, T&C's updated

http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/uk/terms.html#SERVICE
post #24 of 47
Looks like AI has either taken a break from posting photos? Or maybe there's an upload lag?
post #25 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rlob View Post

Looks like AI has either taken a break from posting photos? Or maybe there's an upload lag?

DOS-ed.
post #26 of 47
Steve jobs on stage ONE MORE THING!!!

and it is....

A video camera in the iPod Nano? no?

And a speaker? in the NANO?? WTF???

FM RADIO TOO!!

pedometer, voice recorder app (synch with Nike thingy)

Norah Jones live on stage.
post #27 of 47
FM radio in the nano? unbelievable that no one ever thought about this before
post #28 of 47
But but but.....FM Radios are not necessary. Apple said so. No one wants one. Apple said so.
post #29 of 47
WTF, a video camera on the nano but not the Touch?
post #30 of 47
Except for cleaning up the iTunes Store and allowing for iPhone/Touch organization of apps in iTunes there is nothing I am impressed by. Oh well, I guess I’ll be saving some money.
post #31 of 47
Overall, ho-hum presentation. Just give me my new versions of iTunes and iPhone OS.
post #32 of 47
I kept expecting something really new and exciting to show up...it never did. They could have done this in a press release.
post #33 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyp View Post

21,000 games available on ipod touch. The only problem is that there are only 4 good ones.

Isn't that the truth!
post #34 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post

I kept expecting something really new and exciting to show up...it never did. They could have done this in a press release.

That's what I've been saying- why bother? I'd expect a stock decline later today.
post #35 of 47
Not much but a slight refresh.

Looks like the mice were playing while the JobCat was away...

Stock to dive.

Nice to see Steve back on stage and in nearly good health.

I suspect his voice is horse because he has been doing a lot of yelling in Cupertino...

I just hope the footprint of Steve's shoe is still on Phil's "Our customers love glossy screens" ass and we get more matte screen options.

I have taken another look at the glossy Mac's at the local Apple Store and yea the shiny lust is there, but I know from experience it will be a pain using it. It only took me five seconds before I was shifting around trying to eliminate the glare and reflections to see the screen.
post #36 of 47
This presentation felt almost silly.
They put a video camera on it but not a photo camera? Does that seem dumb - or is that just me?
post #37 of 47
Quote:

They put a video camera on it but not a photo camera? Does that seem dumb - or is that just me?

You do know that still and video work differently, right? Im guessing that the camera is pretty damn crappy, but good enough to make people think twice before buying a Flip over a Nano. Though the Flip HDs are still going to swap some people who want a small HD video camera on the cheap, which no iPod can match.
post #38 of 47
Today's presentation was one thing: Steve.

I am very happy for him to be back doing what he loves.

The updates and price drops and 3.1 and 9.0 are all icing.

Welcome back, steve, and may you grace the stage many times to come.

post #39 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logisticaldron View Post

You do know that still and video work differently, right? Im guessing that the camera is pretty damn crappy, but good enough to make people think twice before buying a Flip over a Nano. Though the Flip HDs are still going to swap some people who want a small HD video camera on the cheap, which no iPod can match.

I interpret him to mean that most would prefer to take snap shots rather that videos. To choose videos over stills IMHO is a big mistake for the Nano and Apple.
post #40 of 47
Quote:

Dumb.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Live from Apple's "It's Only Rock and Roll" event