or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple unveils 64GB iPod touch with faster processor for $399

Apple unveils 64GB iPod touch with faster processor for $399 - Page 3

post #81 of 259
I am disappointed. I wanted to get an ipod touch but there is little difference between 2nd and 3rd generation.

No internal mic.
No GPS.
No camera.
No 802.11n.

I will not be making a purchase.
rearden
post #82 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

That's makes sense but it should have been introduced like yesterday?

If it was I would be at the Apple Store yesterday.
post #83 of 259
Awesome! Apple just saved me about $200 or more. Since the new Touch lacks a camera and a microphone, there's absolutely no reason for me to upgrade mine of just four months. I'm disappointed, but I am also content to wait another year.
post #84 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by rearden View Post

I am disappointed. I wanted to get an ipod touch but there is little difference between 2nd and 3rd generation.

No internal mic.
No GPS.
No camera.
No 802.11n.

rearden

what is the point of 802.11n when most people don't have broadband that fast?
post #85 of 259
I had the money burning a hole in my pocket for an upgrade from a G1 8GB touch but Apple's questionable choices make that purchase much less likely. When the iPhone 3GS was introduced it was the first major platform to support OpenGL ES 2.0. This was a huge win for Apple but there was the legacy issue of all those iPod devices that only support OpenGL ES 1.1.

I figured at the time it was not a big deal since progress often involves older models being left behind. But now Apple has retarded progress in exchange for profit margin by making the high volume G3 8GB touch using the old graphics hardware and software. Why develop for the higher capability OGL ES 2 while Apple keeps pumping out new hardware units that can't use it?

I suppose the camera decision was made for them by some problem with manufacturing but the bean counters must have made the decision that first generation graphics is good enough. OK, then there is no reason for me to bother upgrading.
post #86 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by rearden View Post

No internal mic.
No GPS.
No camera.
No 802.11n.

rearden

Expect a stock decline - temporarily until the tab gets announce.
post #87 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkling View Post

Apple has got me so ticked off, I'll probably put my energy into getting a 1-G iPhone cheap and forget buying these ho-hum iPod touches. That way, Apple won't get a penny and I'll probably save money.

I need a camera, and I need a mike and I don't want to pay AT&T fees. I also need them soon. I thought I would get that in the new touches. Instead, Apple is giving the tiny Nano more features but not the iPod touch. Why? With that tiny 2.2-inch Nano screen you can't see much of what you've taken and the equally tiny battery isn't likely to last long in video mode.

What's going on? If Apple has production problems with camera-equipped touches, they should say so, give us the details of new touch, and a release date. This cult of secrecy is such a pain. You'd think they were the Kremlin circa 1935. Both have a cult-like obsession with not admitting mistakes.

Still worse is the possibility that Apple wants to build high walls between its products, doling out features in odd ways to fit a marketing straight-jacket. The iPhone would be for work and business for those with the money. The touch is for games but not recreation, hence the lack of a camera and the boring length of game promotion today. Color touch users fat and flabby couch potatoes. The Nano is for mostly outdoor recreation (camera and Nike added), but has nothing that lets you get work done. If so, it's stupid move. Users don't want to klutz with 2-3 gadgets.

To add insult to injury, I just checked the specs on the new touches. The 8 gig model ships with the old-style earphones not the remote earphones and without a plastic dock adapter. Total saving for Apple? Probably about 25 to 50 cents. Cost to customers who don't want to pull their touch out of their pocket every time they pause music: $30 That stinks. Heck, even the cheap little $59 Shuttle ships with remote earphones. While Jobs was gone, the niggling little bean counters seem to have been running Apple. This is the unfortunate result.

I hate companies that treat their customers as if they were stupid, and that's precisely how I feel Apple is treating its customers now.

The one thing I've always abhorred before I switched to Mac are the segment of "elitist fanboi"ism associated with die-hard Mac users. Inkling is a clear example of this. I love my MacBook, I love my 32gb 2g iPod Touch and I lam a loyal Apple customer. I don't think they're treating me as if I was stupid. I had problems with my iTunes purchase and Apple took care of it within 24-48 hrs. Quit being such a whining little lamer.
post #88 of 259
Quote:

Now I am so glad I bought my iPhone 3GS with video. Something is wrong with this picture here. Was it the thinness of the Touch that was preventing this or the addition of a mic that AT&T balked at?
Anyone who owns last year's Touch will not upgrade for just this. This is not good.

It can't be the thinness. Because they added a video camera to the nano didn't they? Which is a surprise to me by the way....I thought it was only going to be a still camera for the nano. On a side note, this new nano should really put a dent into the Flip sales.

But anyways, this "production problem" for the ipod touch with camera will cost consumers an entire product cycle before we can see and use them. And here I was thinking that Apple was going to disaappoint by releasing an ipod touch with a camera but no GPS!
Geez, without the camera I've got no incentive to upgrade. And that is how Apple makes their money isn't it? ......with consumers upgrading.
post #89 of 259
Wow, such off-the charts hyperventilation over a rumor that did not come to pass!?

Take a deep breath, folks.

As many have pointed out: (i) A Touch with all the bells and whistles will come, but only when it's ready and proper quality-wise, and can be priced right; (ii) It could well be an entry-level 'iTablet' when that is announced early next year; (iii) The ones intro'd today will substantially drop in price at that time, and completely kill off the Zunes et al (that's the reason Apple did not go all the way in lowering Touch prices - they want to take in a couple of more months of higher profit); (iv) They don't want to cannibalize the just-intro'd 3GS; (v) The real new product here is the Nano (what's not to like, with camera, video, FM....), and Apple thought that it needed some serious stand-alone attention, esp. with the back-to-school crowd that is looking for iPods at a lower price point.

And, thank you, Apple, for keeping the Classic and bumping up its specs for the same price!

For those of you who claim you are irredeemably p-o'd, go put your money where your conviction is and buy a Zune. And hope it comes with a camera. Bye.
post #90 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Obviously you're angry but there's no need to lie. Zune HD is not cheaper. It also doesn't play games which is the primary use of the iPod touch.

Zune HD is cheaper. $219 for 16GB and $289 for 32GB. The iPod touch is 8GB for $199 and $299 for 32GB. Yes, you can get an iPod Touch 8GB for less, but overall the Zune HD is cheaper.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...ional-details/

Shows Zune HD with a games menu. Microsoft has also confirmed there will be games. Will there be as many good games as the iPod Touch, will they be better or worse quality? Only time will tell.

The least Apple could have done is brought FM Radio to its entire lineup.

There are pros and cons to both platforms as I see it, but to dismiss that Apple didn't miss the boat in the minds of many people today is wrong. Go read Engadget and other sites where people are saying this makes their decision and the decision is Zune HD.

Quit being fanbois, and actually have a proper discussion. Yes the old Zune have been overall failures, but Microsoft had a tendency to try, try, try again and then get it right. Even the original Xbox was statiscally better than the PS2, so the Zunes have had better pricing and specs (such as Radio, WiFi Sync) The Radio features and tagging songs is great, something that the iPod Nano has embraced. The Zune is good for Apple, it helps them push foward. But I think this time around Apple seems to think like all of you, that the Zune is not worth competing against. I remember how the Zune 16 basically forced the arrival of the iPod Nano 16GB, as we saw iPod Nano 4GBs get quickly discontinued.

To ignore the better specs like Radio, OLED and not implement them can work or this could be the time Microsoft goes ahead. And I think many of you also ignore that the Zune HD is also a testing ground for Windows Mobile 7. Sure Windows Mobile is now a failure for the most part... it was designed in 2000 as PocketPC 2000 and has had limited upgrades since then. The problem was Microsoft was not innovative beyond the original creation of the platform. Apple seems to be stepping on that same problem with the iPods in my opinion. Video Camera is just flash, and I was hoping for OLED or FM/HD Radio. Apple needs to innovate, and the LP stuff is great but Zune HDs have comparible stuff on the Zune device itself and for free. It should be the first with OLED, first with HD Radio, it should compete with Tegra because they we are really talking games.

The fact remains, beyond hardware and iTunes the biggest focus was games and Microsoft has a clear advantage in the expertise of the Xbox and its connections. Someone commented and misread that Sony was gonna help Microsoft. No, what I said was that Microsoft has taken exclusive after exclusive away from Sony, and that getting software titles to end up on a Microsoft Platform is one of Microsofts key skills.

Nokia Lumia 920, iPhone, Surface RT, Intel i3 Desktop with Windows 7 & Hackintosh, Power Cube G4

Nokia Lumia 920, iPhone, Surface RT, Intel i3 Desktop with Windows 7 & Hackintosh, Power Cube G4

post #91 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

Most people who want to stick with Verizon, Sprint, T-Mo, etc.. will do so because of a number of reasons .....

But one might note that the iPhone is none-the-worse for that.....
post #92 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Obviously you're angry but there's no need to lie. Zune HD is not cheaper. It also doesn't play games which is the primary use of the iPod touch.

primary?
Household: MacBook, iPad 16gb wifi, iPad 64gb wifi, iPad Mini 32gb, coming iPhone 5S, iPhone 4S 32gb, iPhone 32gb, iPod Touch 4th gen x1, iPod nano 16gb gen 5 x2, iPod nano gen 3 8gb, iPod classic...
Household: MacBook, iPad 16gb wifi, iPad 64gb wifi, iPad Mini 32gb, coming iPhone 5S, iPhone 4S 32gb, iPhone 32gb, iPod Touch 4th gen x1, iPod nano 16gb gen 5 x2, iPod nano gen 3 8gb, iPod classic...
post #93 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateKylie View Post

Zune HD is cheaper. $219 for 16GB and $289 for 32GB. The iPod touch is 8GB for $199 and $299 for 32GB. Yes, you can get an iPod Touch 8GB for less, but overall the Zune HD is cheaper.

Shows Zune HD with a games menu. Microsoft has also confirmed there will be games. .........

Cool! Zune HD is out!? Where can I buy it?
post #94 of 259
Quote:

Expect a stock decline

Well, it fell all of 1% (on a day that the NASDAQ fell by 0.64%). I suppose that is, technically, a decline....
post #95 of 259
Sept. 9 is my birthday, and just a week ago, my wife asked me, "What do you want for your birthday?". I told that I wanted a new Ipod 64GB touch with the "new camera/video" features, to replace my first gen 32GB Ipod touch. Looks like that ain't gonna happen. It was nice to see Steve back in form, but it was a GIANT MISTAKE to leave the camera off of the touch, and instead, put it on the Nano??? WTF??? Apple is going to lose tons of ipod sales this season, because of this major oversight. Not sure what to think. As one of the Apple faithful, this is one of the most disappointing releases yet. Because of this, Zune will probably gain more sales momentum this season.

Guess I'll have to get a Windows based netbook for my birthday.
post #96 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Cool! Zune HD is out!? Where can I buy it?

No its not out... September 15th at Walmart, Bestbuy, Amazon, Newegg.

But I know your just being sarcastic and being a typical fanboi instead of having a mature discussion about why Apple should have included FM Radio and OLED. Why allow your competition to be better? Its not like the specs for the Zune have been secret (unlike Apple). Its been known for months it would have OLED and Tegra.

post #97 of 259
Quote:

Shows Zune HD with a games menu. Microsoft has also confirmed there will be games. Will there be as many good games as the iPod Touch, will they be better or worse quality? Only time will tell.

The least Apple could have done is brought FM Radio to its entire lineup.

There are pros and cons to both platforms as I see it, but to dismiss that Apple didn't miss the boat in the minds of many people today is wrong. Go read Engadget and other sites where people are saying this makes their decision and the decision is Zune HD.

Quit being fanbois, and actually have a proper discussion. Yes the old Zune have been overall failures, but Microsoft had a tendency to try, try, try again and then get it right. Even the original Xbox was statiscally better than the PS2, so the Zunes have had better pricing and specs (such as Radio, WiFi Sync) The Radio features and tagging songs is great, something that the iPod Nano has embraced. The Zune is good for Apple, it helps them push foward. But I think this time around Apple seems to think like all of you, that the Zune is not worth competing against. I remember how the Zune 16 basically forced the arrival of the iPod Nano 16GB, as we saw iPod Nano 4GBs get quickly discontinued.

To ignore the better specs like Radio, OLED and not implement them can work or this could be the time Microsoft goes ahead. And I think many of you also ignore that the Zune HD is also a testing ground for Windows Mobile 7. Sure Windows Mobile is now a failure for the most part... it was designed in 2000 as PocketPC 2000 and has had limited upgrades since then. The problem was Microsoft was not innovative beyond the original creation of the platform. Apple seems to be stepping on that same problem with the iPods in my opinion. Video Camera is just flash, and I was hoping for OLED or FM/HD Radio. Apple needs to innovate, and the LP stuff is great but Zune HDs have comparible stuff on the Zune device itself and for free. It should be the first with OLED, first with HD Radio, it should compete with Tegra because they we are really talking games.

The fact remains, beyond hardware and iTunes the biggest focus was games and Microsoft has a clear advantage in the expertise of the Xbox and its connections. Someone commented and misread that Sony was gonna help Microsoft. No, what I said was that Microsoft has taken exclusive after exclusive away from Sony, and that getting software titles to end up on a Microsoft Platform is one of Microsofts key skills.

I would go back and re-read those exact same tech blog sites like engadget. Not everyone was impressed about the new ipod touch today. It will sell well enough....but not everyone will buy. There are definitely customers who have changed their minds now because of the announcements.
post #98 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

It can't be the thinness. Because they added a video camera to the nano didn't they? Which is a surprise to me by the way....I thought it was only going to be a still camera for the nano. On a side note, this new nano should really put a dent into the Flip sales.

But anyways, this "production problem" for the ipod touch with camera will cost consumers an entire product cycle before we can see and use them. And here I was thinking that Apple was going to disaappoint by releasing an ipod touch with a camera but no GPS!
Geez, without the camera I've got no incentive to upgrade. And that is how Apple makes their money isn't it? ......with consumers upgrading.

Where is the mic on the Nano? Can it do voice recordings?
post #99 of 259
Quote:

I would go back and re-read those exact same tech blog sites like engadget. Not everyone was impressed about the new ipod touch today. It will sell well enough....but not everyone will buy. There are definitely customers who have changed their minds now because of the announcements.

Seriously, if you own a 2G Touch why would you buy this? A huge mistake.
post #100 of 259
Agreed. Not impressed. Bland, safe, minor update.

I'm in the group wanting the Touch to be an iPhone without the "phone". Obviously, that would drive the cost up, and Apple chose to keep the price low (or the margins high). Meh. It's their business. I'm also not impressed that the speed boost didn't happen across the line; it keeps the market fragmented into "slow" and "fast". Which will developers target? Is it easy to target both, with some graphical glitz automatically disabled on the "slow" machines? Adding some of the "toys" people have wanted - camera, GPS - in addition to raising cost may have not fit in the current case and required thickening.

The nano is now a feature packed little gizmo. The Touch is a *shrug*, whatever.

- Jasen.
post #101 of 259
Quote:

No its not out... September 15th at Walmart, Bestbuy, Amazon, Newegg.

But I know your just being sarcastic and being a typical fanboi instead of having a mature discussion about why Apple should have included FM Radio and OLED. Why allow your competition to be better? Its not like the specs for the Zune have been secret (unlike Apple). Its been known for months it would have OLED and Tegra.

What's a fanboi? Lazy-speak much?

As to your substantive points: (i) There are tons of superb FM apps for the Touch; (ii) FM is dying as we speak; (iii) I understood the Zune is expected to have FM HD (whatever that means); (iv) Why do you need OLED for something the size of a Touch screen? (vi) What about all that the Zune will not come with (for starters, not Mac-friendly)?

If/when the Zune is introduced, let's come back and have a chat about exactly what it has, what it does not, what works, what does not, etc., and then compare it to the Touch.
post #102 of 259
Well it goes back to this. If you have an iPhone (like me) this doesn't really matter to you unless you want a second PMP for some reason (car, house, boat etc).

If you have an iPod Touch 1G or 2G, your probably not gonna upgrade now as there is no real compelling reason unless your running out of space. If you do upgrade, you will want your app investments to work and will go with the iPod Touch

IF YOU ARE NEW, you have a iPod Nano or Classic. You have a Zune. You have another brand. You are finally looking to get a touch based PMP. Provided you don't need to worry about DRM, won't you look really hard at the ZuneHD before your purchase. Apple could have killed the ZuneHD if they had done more spec changes than just storage update.

All in all, it will result in lost sales of Apple. Only time will tell how much, but the Zune HD WILL do better now then if Apple had upped the game.

post #103 of 259
Ok now get this.................I'm still shaking my head as I type this..............

Apparently, the new ipod nano only does video......no still pictures. Yes, a digital video camera that is not able to take still pictures............. \
post #104 of 259
Quote:

Ok now get this.................I'm still shaking my head as I type this..............

Apparently, the new ipod nano only does video......no still pictures. Yes, a digital video camera that is not able to take still pictures............. \

.....Videos that you can't post directly to YouTube nor mail to anybody directly.
Still cameras sell more than videos cameras yet Apple cares to go after this Flip? The logic will come to me - someday, somewhere, somehow.
post #105 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

What's a fanboi? Lazy-speak much?

As to your substantive points: (i) There are tons of superb FM apps for the Touch; (ii) FM is dying as we speak; (iii) I understood the Zune is expected to have FM HD (whatever that means); (iv) Why do you need OLED for something the size of a Touch screen? (vi) What about all that the Zune will not come with (for starters, not Mac-friendly)?

If/when the Zune is introduced, let's come back and have a chat about exactly what it has, what it does not, what works, what does not, etc., and then compare it to the Touch.

"If/when?" What are you on... its coming out next week. The specs are final. There have even been positive reveiws by the press. All that is waiting if final release in a week and the take on how the first consumers review it.

If FM is dying (as fanbois have said for years) then why is Apple wasting money to include a FM chip in the Nano. HD Radio is an expansion of FM that allows you to receive more high quality stations in the same spectrum. Its like ATSC in the fact that one Channel can transmit more than one station at a time.

OLED will give you true blacks when watching movies. So it makes for a superior experience even on a small screen. Its why I picked up a a Plasma over LCD when I bought my TV. Sure your making fun of it now... but Apple will pick it up eventually and eventually even our Macbooks will have OLED or a variant.

post #106 of 259
Regarding the new iTunes... have apple regionalised it? In my Library list it says "Films" instead of "Movies" and if I hover over a film it says "Play Film" and not "Play Movie". Or was this done a while ago and I missed it? This is soooo good because I really got into the habit of saying "let's watch a movie" and my friend's looked at me wierd. Silly UK thing, I know, but it made me happy. None of today's announcements seem particularly noteworthy, except maybe selecting playlists AND particular artists to sync.
post #107 of 259
Looks like my 2G 16GB Touch will last another year.

No reason to upgrade. I'm very surprised they removed the 16GB option too.
post #108 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamisama View Post

Sept. 9 is my birthday, and just a week ago, my wife asked me, "What do you want for your birthday?". I told that I wanted a new Ipod 64GB touch with the "new camera/video" features, to replace my first gen 32GB Ipod touch. Looks like that ain't gonna happen. It was nice to see Steve back in form, but it was a GIANT MISTAKE to leave the camera off of the touch, and instead, put it on the Nano??? WTF??? Apple is going to lose tons of ipod sales this season, because of this major oversight. Not sure what to think. As one of the Apple faithful, this is one of the most disappointing releases yet. Because of this, Zune will probably gain more sales momentum this season.

Guess I'll have to get a Windows based netbook for my birthday.

The rumor world isn't representative of the real world. Most people don't know about the camera rumor, nor do they know about the ZuneHD, but they do know about the iPod Touch. A larger update would have brought in more ipod touch upgrades, that's true, but we have no idea why Apple left the camera out, so I wouldn't jump to call it a mistake.
The key to enjoying these forums: User CP -> Edit Ignore List
post #109 of 259
I could care less about there being no cameraGPS and/or compass would have been better

but Im not pleased with the discontinuation of 16GB, which would have been the right size at around the right price. Also no inline mic for the 8GB sucks. If I have to add $29 to get the inline mic, I might as well add $71 and get 24 more GB.

It seems as if Apple is forcing people into the 32GB model, so their stated $199 magic price point is really a bait and switch game.

Its also clear that all of the love went into the Nano. Does this holding off on adding features to the Touch portend a possible next refresh with XL and XXL screen models, because it seems as if the new Touch is just a stop gap between what was and what could be the legitimate desktop-like experience that Schiller overstated the case for.
post #110 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmlxix View Post

I could care less about there being no cameraGPS and/or compass would have been better

but Im not pleased with the discontinuation of 16GB, which would have been the right size at around the right price. Also no inline mic for the 8GB sucks. If I have to add $29 to get the inline mic, I might as well add $71 and get 24 more GB.

It seems as if Apple is forcing people into the 32GB model, so their stated $199 magic price point is really a bait and switch game.

Its also clear that all of the love went into the Nano. Does this holding off on adding features to the Touch portend a possible next refresh with XL and XXL screen models, because it seems as if the new Touch is just a stop gap between what was and what could be the legitimate desktop-like experience that Schiller overstated the case for.

I just want to make sure we're all on the same page here. But there is a mic on the new ipod nano with video. I'm just kinda surprised it doesn't do still pictures too. I would think a software update would enable it to do still pictures right?
post #111 of 259
Quote:

I just want to make sure we're all on the same page here. But there is a mic on the new ipod nano with video. I'm just kinda surprised it doesn't do still pictures too. I would think a software update would enable it to do still pictures right?

You are correct. It only takes video and does have a mic. It could be updated to take pictures by software but I doubt it since I'm sure the camera is probably pretty crappy and enginereed to take YouTube quality video.

post #112 of 259
Quote:

You are correct. It only takes video and does have a mic. It could be updated to take pictures by software but I doubt it since I'm sure the camera is probably pretty crappy and enginereed to take YouTube quality video.

Yet has no WiFi to post it to YouTube? Sounds very convoluted.
post #113 of 259
Hey, anybody know why on the Apple iPod site the 8GB Touch is listed as a separate and distinct model from the 32 and 64 GB model? (other than that it doesn't come with the mic remote ear buds)
http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/specs.html
post #114 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

He's right, y'know. Why offer large fonts if they're not allowed? Take 'em out.

OK, makes sense, I'll see what the others think.

Quote:

Jeff, be careful what you say dude. Seriously. You did your job, you edited the posts....now don't say a word more to me.

EDIT: I decided to edit my post at the last second before you responded. Seriously, drop it.

Now the other problem is someone making some vaguely threatening comments, and getting needlessly angry over what's really an electronic trinket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmlxix View Post

I could care less about there being no camera…GPS and/or compass would have been better…

…but I’m not pleased with the discontinuation of 16GB, which would have been the right size at around the right price. Also no inline mic for the 8GB sucks. If I have to add $29 to get the inline mic, I might as well add $71 and get 24 more GB.

That is puzzling, I assumed it was a given that the 16GB model would be the new low end.
post #115 of 259
Quote:

Yet has no WiFi to post it to YouTube? Sounds very convoluted.

Oh I agree. There should be WiFi Sync and WiFi YouTube posting (which makes it all the more confusing the Camera is not in the iPod Touch).

The Zunes have done WiFi Syncing very well...

post #116 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post

Hey, anybody know why on the Apple iPod site the 8GB Touch is listed as a separate and distinct model from the 32 and 64 GB model? (other than that it doesn't come with the mic remote ear buds)
http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/specs.html

It isn't a new model like the 32 GB and 64 GB versions. The are keeping the 2nd gen iPod touch around at a reduced price just like the 8 GB iPhone 3G.
post #117 of 259
Doesn't Apple typically have a refresh in October too? If so, which product family does it usually pertain to?
post #118 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmf2 View Post

It isn't a new model like the 32 GB and 64 GB versions. The are keeping the 2nd gen iPod touch around at a reduced price just like the 8 GB iPhone 3G.

The Apple Store does say that the 8GB model is updated (as opposed to new). Who knows exactly what was updated relative to the previous model?
"you will know the truth, and the truth will
set you free."
"you will know the truth, and the truth will
set you free."
post #119 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

He's right, y'know. Why offer large fonts if they're not allowed? Take 'em out.

Like anything, it can be abused. If I type the alphabet over 10,000 times in a post I surely couldnt use the excuse the you shouldnt let me type letters if you are going to police how I use them. That said, I have seen many posts that use the markup text quite effectively, but I wouldnt care if it went away. Though Id personally rather see personal sigs go away. Some people have overly large sigs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyfanning View Post

Apple prices still a ripoff in Europe. We didn't get any pre-event discounts and $ is still converted straight to . At the moment 1 = $1.45.

There are nothing like enough differences in taxes to make up anything like that kind of overcharging

Are you accounting for import taxes, VAT, etc. or just doing a straight comparison from the US price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post

what is the point of 802.11n when most people don't have broadband that fast?

It would mean that you wouldnt have your network drop down to the lowest common speed when it connects to the network. You could also use the 5Ghz network if it had 802.11a/n. Apples current solution is the Airport base stations with dual radios so that your PCs can be on 802.11n and your other devices on 802.11g (or 802.11b).
post #120 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisDias View Post

wuahahahah, I see people are pissed!!

And here I thought they also came with a lap dance for me to film. This world is so cheap!!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple unveils 64GB iPod touch with faster processor for $399