or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › iTunes 9 App Management: I don't see the app!

iTunes 9 App Management: I don't see the app!

post #1 of 4
Ok, so I'm clicking on my ipod touch icon in itunes so I can manage it and under applications I don't see a mockup of my ipod touch home screen.

I mean, shouldn't I? I do see the sync applications checkbox and a listing of my apps on the left side of the screen. But on the right side of the screen I see an empty space where supposedly I would be able to manage my apps.

What am I doing wrong.....anyone?
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

Ok, so I'm clicking on my ipod touch icon in itunes so I can manage it and under applications I don't see a mockup of my ipod touch home screen.

I mean, shouldn't I? I do see the sync applications checkbox and a listing of my apps on the left side of the screen. But on the right side of the screen I see an empty space where supposedly I would be able to manage my apps.

What am I doing wrong.....anyone?

I know that for the iphone you need to upgrade the iphone software to 3.1
post #3 of 4
I've noticed that the apps don't accurately reflect the contents of my iPod touch, AND now it insists on adding apps I deleted previously. Boy, they got some bugs to squash still...

Speaking of bugs, I can no longer minimize iTunes using the upper left-hand green button (in the little x-+ button configuration). Anyone else finding this is the case?

Proud AAPL stock owner.

Vote for Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho 2016!

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

Vote for Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho 2016!

GOA

post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassMacMini View Post

I know that for the iphone you need to upgrade the iphone software to 3.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I've noticed that the apps don't accurately reflect the contents of my iPod touch, AND now it insists on adding apps I deleted previously. Boy, they got some bugs to squash still...

Speaking of bugs, I can no longer minimize iTunes using the upper left-hand green button (in the little x-+ button configuration). Anyone else finding this is the case?

That must be it! I haven't upgraded the ipod touch firmware to 3.1.
But frankly, I'm not sure that is the best thing to do right now. I mean, I'm sure there are some bugs for sure. Plus, I didn't like the last update which made my ipod touch 2nd gen slower and made it harder for me to war drive by freezing the screen when it tries to load a page over wi-fi.

I don't know if my 2nd gen touch will act even slower and more unpredictable with this 3.1 update.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Software
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › iTunes 9 App Management: I don't see the app!