or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › iTunes 9 App Management: I don't see the app!

iTunes 9 App Management: I don't see the app!

post #1 of 4
Ok, so I'm clicking on my ipod touch icon in itunes so I can manage it and under applications I don't see a mockup of my ipod touch home screen.

I mean, shouldn't I? I do see the sync applications checkbox and a listing of my apps on the left side of the screen. But on the right side of the screen I see an empty space where supposedly I would be able to manage my apps.

What am I doing wrong.....anyone?
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

Ok, so I'm clicking on my ipod touch icon in itunes so I can manage it and under applications I don't see a mockup of my ipod touch home screen.

I mean, shouldn't I? I do see the sync applications checkbox and a listing of my apps on the left side of the screen. But on the right side of the screen I see an empty space where supposedly I would be able to manage my apps.

What am I doing wrong.....anyone?

I know that for the iphone you need to upgrade the iphone software to 3.1
post #3 of 4
I've noticed that the apps don't accurately reflect the contents of my iPod touch, AND now it insists on adding apps I deleted previously. Boy, they got some bugs to squash still...

Speaking of bugs, I can no longer minimize iTunes using the upper left-hand green button (in the little x-+ button configuration). Anyone else finding this is the case?

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassMacMini View Post

I know that for the iphone you need to upgrade the iphone software to 3.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I've noticed that the apps don't accurately reflect the contents of my iPod touch, AND now it insists on adding apps I deleted previously. Boy, they got some bugs to squash still...

Speaking of bugs, I can no longer minimize iTunes using the upper left-hand green button (in the little x-+ button configuration). Anyone else finding this is the case?

That must be it! I haven't upgraded the ipod touch firmware to 3.1.
But frankly, I'm not sure that is the best thing to do right now. I mean, I'm sure there are some bugs for sure. Plus, I didn't like the last update which made my ipod touch 2nd gen slower and made it harder for me to war drive by freezing the screen when it tries to load a page over wi-fi.

I don't know if my 2nd gen touch will act even slower and more unpredictable with this 3.1 update.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Software
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › iTunes 9 App Management: I don't see the app!