or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Quarterback trials in Cleveland...

Quarterback trials in Cleveland...

post #1 of 8
So, who got the position? Heard all you had to do was hit a 5 year old boy in the head with a beer bottle hard enough that he'll never want to go to another football game again...what a sport for idiots it's become.
I AM THE Royal Pain in the Ass.
post #2 of 8
Yup. That and Cleveland has yet another black eye. (note to self: leave as soon as possible) I have no idea who is QBing, and I don't even remotely care. I can't stand by any of the professional sports teams here. The Indians have a racist logo and a facist opinion about it, The Browns Fans are worthless steaming piles of dog $#i+, and the Cavs couldn't win a game if their lives depended on it.

DON'T GET ME STARTED ABOUT HOCKEY.
Favorite Bumper Sticker:
Nuke the Gay Whales for Jesus!
Favorite Bumper Sticker:
Nuke the Gay Whales for Jesus!
post #3 of 8
Browns fans are jackasses. Always have been. Just took a little riotous indescretion to remind us all of that. Now I remember why I never really felt sorry for them when Art Modell sold the team to Baltimore. Neanderthals...of course I'm sure Drew Carey will find some way to make a joke out of it and everyone will soon love the Dawg Pound again. Morons.
Aldo is watching....
Aldo is watching....
post #4 of 8
I didn't want to put Cincinatti on the map about this though. It happened again last night (though there it was quickly stopped) and here in Philly it happened a few years ago.

After that Philly incident our management went to work...they now have tighter security and they can even arrest, charge and convict you in our court office they installed in the stadium!

Maybe it's just the alcohol, or maybe the overall morons football brings to the games. But IMHO...football's become a stupid sport.

Nothing though, compared to soccer and cricket matches overseas...
post #5 of 8
I've been a Raider fan for a long time. As rowdy as Oakland fans are and as crazy as some of the LA fans are, I've NEVER seen that sort BS coming out of the stands onto the field.

And yeah, I have to agree that it seems that too many football fans in general are getting more
idiotic . Symptom of the times?
post #6 of 8
Yes, apparently so.

Should it come as any surprise?

The world is teeming with low-rent, self-centered, ill mannered cretins and shitheads and people who don't know how to act in public as it is.

Why do we expect a bunch of football fans loaded up on beer and excessive team spirit to NOT act like a bunch of idiots?

My surprise is in how/why this doesn't happen more often.
post #7 of 8
For the other "old timers" here (in age, I mean): Where was Butch Davis getting on the mic and saying "C'mon people, you don't live in Cincinatti, you live in Cleveland!"

Jeff

[ 12-19-2001: Message edited by: jeffyboy ]</p>
What are you up to, Norm?

My ideal weight if I were 11 feet tall.
What are you up to, Norm?

My ideal weight if I were 11 feet tall.
post #8 of 8
Well, the same thing happened on Monday Night Football when the Saints hosted the Rams.

I love the yellow paper airplanes though...ingenius.
I can change my sig again!
I can change my sig again!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Quarterback trials in Cleveland...