or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Abu-Jamal: off death row

Abu-Jamal: off death row - Page 2

post #41 of 50
[quote]Originally posted by steve666:
<strong>Well, he killed a cop, and she supports setting him free. What part of that don't you understand? That is supporting a cop killer............................................ .......</strong><hr></blockquote>

It looks to me like she supports fair trials for all people.
post #42 of 50
quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by steve666:
Well, he killed a cop, and she supports setting him free. What part of that don't you understand? That is supporting a cop killer............................................ .......

It looks to me like she supports fair trials for all people.

Looks to me like you're making your opinion clear on the topic. His trial has had more scrutiny than Bill Clinton's zipper. The mans guilty, let it rest and let the victim's family have some peace.........................................
post #43 of 50
<strong>
Looks to me like you're making your opinion clear on the topic. His trial has had more scrutiny than Bill Clinton's zipper. The mans guilty, let it rest and let the victim's family have some peace.........................................</strong><hr></blockquote>

My how easy it is to affirm someones guilt when we have nothing to lose.
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
post #44 of 50
murch:

I don't need to affirm it, the courts have done it time and time again.....................................
post #45 of 50
Scott H, you made a big enough fool of yourself on the MacNN boards during the whole September 11 ordeal. Don't make yourself look even more ignorant here.
post #46 of 50
<strong>murch:

I don't need to affirm it, the courts have done it time and time again.....................................</strong><hr></blockquote>

Steve,
That is the whole crux of this issue. The courts don't seem to want to review the improprieties that happend during the first case. Obviously this man did not get a quality trial. I don't think any of us wants him to be set free if he is guilty but Philadelphia has unfortunately received a Black Eye over some of the corrupt actions of local Law Enforcement. All I ask is that we hold our Judicial System to the Highest of standards. It is unacceptable to accept any less IMO.
- SolipsismX
- SolipsismX
post #47 of 50
murch:
Steve,
That is the whole crux of this issue. The courts don't seem to want to review the improprieties that happend during the first case. Obviously this man did not get a quality trial. I don't think any of us wants him to be set free if he is guilty but Philadelphia has unfortunately received a Black Eye over some of the corrupt actions of local Law Enforcement. All I ask is that we hold our Judicial System to the Highest of standards. It is unacceptable to accept any less IMO.

There really isn't any doubt of his guilt. Does it really matter that some i's aren't dotted, or his lawyer didn't get some word correct, or that his left testicle is larger than his right, etc etc? If there was some doubt as to his guilt I'd say do it all over again, but this whole thing is a waste of time.............................................. ......
post #48 of 50
Steve: your concept of justice is pretty interesting...
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
post #49 of 50
[quote]Steve: your concept of justice is pretty interesting...<hr></blockquote>

It is a very ugly and dangerous path Steve666 is suggesting, being reminiscent of "justice" under totalitarian regimes or police states. I hope for his sake, in the possible event of his landing up in court one day, that he won't have to deal with the type of "justice" system of which he seems to be in full support. This is America, not Myannmar.
Why of course the people don't want war ... But after all it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a...
Why of course the people don't want war ... But after all it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a...
post #50 of 50
&gt;uote:
Steve: your concept of justice is pretty interesting...

It is a very ugly and dangerous path Steve666 is suggesting, being reminiscent of "justice" under totalitarian regimes or police states. I hope for his sake, in the possible event of his landing up in court one day, that he won't have to deal with the type of "justice" system of which he seems to be in full support. This is America, not Myannmar. &lt;

What, a justice system that gives convicted murderers years and years of appeals, endless protests from lamebrained clods with nothing better to do, all to come to a conclusion that 'yes, he's guilty, but the trial wasn't perfect'?

Yeh, I'd take that kind of justice system anyday if i were a murderer. If I were a relative of the victim, I'd say too bad it wasn't one of your family members who was murdered. Then maybe you'd find something more productive to occupy your time.............................................. .....
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Abu-Jamal: off death row