or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › 45,000 die annually with 40% higher death rates due to lack of insurance.

45,000 die annually with 40% higher death rates due to lack of insurance. - Page 2

Poll Results: Is this 45,000 figure an accurate number of the deaths?

• 15% (2)
    No it's grossly misrepresentative
  • 0% (0)
    No it's a little too many
  • 38% (5)
    Yes, probably about right
  • 0% (0)
    The real number is probably a bit higher
  • 46% (6)
    The real number is probably much higher. Like 100,000 a year at least
13 Total Votes  
post #41 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

I figured that they understood that part already.

Remember your audience.
post #42 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkbug View Post

Is this the reason for Swiss and offshore accounts?
No one can find your money so you get free health care?

Oh, my mistake, that's for tax evasion.

Stay on target!
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #43 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskiss View Post

Remember your audience.

These are the intellectual elites who are here to school all the stupid right wing conservatives and others who don't agree with them. I figured they had that well within their scope of knowledge.

Unless they are trolls that is. \
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #44 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

These are the intellectual elites who are here to school all the stupid right wing conservatives and others who don't agree with them. I figured they had that well within their scope of knowledge.

Unless they are trolls that is. \

"elites", what is that?
If you mean "elite" it does not have a plural form.

Try: This is the intellectual elite which is here to school ....

BTW nice going.
post #45 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkbug View Post

"elites", what is that?
If you mean "elite" it does not have a plural form.

Try: This is the intellectual elite which is here to school ....

BTW nice going.

Dang, he caught my stupiditism...

Better go school them Wiki guys too...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite
Quote:
Educational elite
Main article: Academic elitism
Students of the École Polytechnique an elite institution that has provided generals, scientists, engineers, civil servants, industrialists and politicians in the service of the French state.

Elites are educated to govern. While common public education is often designed to educate the general population...

Stupid scholars don't know nothing either...

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl...-8&oi=scholarr
http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl...-8&oi=scholarr

Go Get em!!!

Shoot! Nobody knows about this!!!
http://books.google.com/books?q=elit...ults&resnum=14

You have your work cut out for you!
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #46 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

"Not My Problem®" Brought to you by the Republican Party.

Of course it's outrageous that the most technologically advanced and the wealthiest nation on Earth allows something like this to happen.

But we can't have any reasonable discourse in this country because Democrats are evil scumbags who are hellbent on destroying America.

So where does that leave us?

Fucked.

100% correct here. I have lost all hope of civility here and have started to view the GOP as a truly illegitimate party. Merely a collection of demagogues with no sense of morality or duty to their people, only to themselves. I am starting to think that if the GOP don't get behind healthcare reform and fast they are going to become virtually extinct come the next few elections.
post #47 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Around about 45,000 a year die a year from lack of health insurance.

"Nearly 45,000 people die in the United States each year -- one every 12 minutes -- in large part because they lack health insurance and can not get good care, Harvard Medical School researchers found in an analysis released on Thursday.

"We're losing more Americans every day because of inaction ... than drunk driving and homicide combined," Dr. David Himmelstein, a co-author of the study and an associate professor of medicine at Harvard, said in an interview with Reuters.

Overall, researchers said American adults age 64 and younger who lack health insurance have a 40 percent higher risk of death than those who have coverage."
~ http://www.reuters.com/article/healt...58G6W520090917

I think the real numbers are probably even higher, do you?

Let us see what the GOP will do to get this number much lower eventually. My guess they don't care at all. This is pathetic for a prosperous country like the USA.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › 45,000 die annually with 40% higher death rates due to lack of insurance.