or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Microsoft to pitch Windows 7 via home parties

Microsoft to pitch Windows 7 via home parties - Page 2

post #41 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon T View Post

Notice that NonVendorFan isn't around because he's run off to plan and prepare his Vista7 party for one.

Glad to see that Microsoft's marketing continues to be as bad as their products.

No, it's actually because I have a life and don't spend 18 hours a day in this forum (Quadra 610, Abster2core, Sloppyism).

I'd be at the Google Android Party where we can muti task.

Apple Party.
Joe, Pour beers for everyone. I can't I'm in an App right now, check with iPod it's allowed to do 2 things at once but only with other Apple apps. Better Check with every other Smart Phone and see if they are allowed to get beers for our guests.

Ok, Great... We have Android, Palm Pre, Winmo now we can even talk at our Party and listen to music.

Hey guys...

The iPhone gets MMS on their Bricks on Friday. Let's send them some pictures and videos on Friday when they get a 10 year old feature.
post #42 of 111
Pathetic...anyone notice that the comments are disabled for that video on youtube.com. I don't think there are any fun activities. I would go if there were enough drinks though.

24" iMac, 2 MB Pros, iPad Version 1, 2 x (iPhone 4s), Apple TV 3, a Shuffle and a couple of iTouches somewhere in the house. Spot on wall reserved for an Apple TV of some description. Oh yeah..and...

24" iMac, 2 MB Pros, iPad Version 1, 2 x (iPhone 4s), Apple TV 3, a Shuffle and a couple of iTouches somewhere in the house. Spot on wall reserved for an Apple TV of some description. Oh yeah..and...

post #43 of 111
I know Microsoft is clueless, but wow! Yes it does remind one of an Onion podcast.

No one needs to make fun of Microsoft. They've got that covered themselves. It's about the only thing they seem to be good at.
post #44 of 111
Sell Windows 7 to 8 friends and
post #45 of 111
This has gotta be the funniest thing in a long time.
My dad and I are still laughing about this. Who came up with it?
Surely a website that promotes Windows 7 with video demonstrations is far better than a party! They must really be strapped for ideas to come up with something like this. If you think about it, the only people who would go to these things are people who already want Windows 7 (I'm thinking nerds and just the general public that cares about it). In that sense, why not just a normal hang out? But more importantly, who are they trying to win over? People who already want to upgrade? And another thing, isn't this for Windows users? 'Cause surely, if there was a Mac user there, they'd totally laugh it off. Web Slices is very similar to Web Clip, but more limited (it must be supported by the site developer) and yet they're touting this feature like they were the first ones to come up with it.
post #46 of 111
I'm speechless. What the hell is going on in Redmond? Is Microsoft Bob running the marketing department now?
post #47 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Web View Post

AI better pull this posting off their site. MS is going to sue your ass for everything you have and I'll make sure they know about it. I've got the screen shot and you have the user name with an email associated with it. Along with a posting to all the Tech site and news sites I frequent.

Apology will be posted to all users for this BS.
post #48 of 111
Thanks mn3416. Ha, ha, ha. Baghdad Bob has found new employment at Microsoft. He's a survivor.
post #49 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCad View Post

Thanks mn3416. Ha, ha, ha. Baghdad Bob has found new employment at Microsoft. He's a survivor.

Prince better find new advetisers after the crack posting. Something this simple can keep you in litigation for years. I double AI has the financial backing for that. I'm sure MS would back me.
post #50 of 111
Okay NonVendorFan, what's your point? And what does my post have to do with it? Looks like someone's smoking something. I'm not saying who, but.....
post #51 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCad View Post

Okay NonVendorFan, what's your point? And what does my post have to do with it? Looks like someone's smoking something. I'm not saying who, but.....

I'd say it's obvious you've been doing your own party. I did not reply to you so get over yourself.

Unless you're MJWeb or AI you have nothing that I know of you need to be concerned about. AI on the other hand has a lot to be worried about.

Either AI Apologizes to every room that is up for posting tonight for the posting incase anyone saw the BS or I'll forward it to every Blog, News site and Computer Forum board i go to. I'm a personal iReporter on CNN and use it all the time.
post #52 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonVendorFan View Post

I'd say it's obvious you've been doing your own party. I did not reply to you so get over yourself.

Unless you're MJWeb or AI you have nothing that I know of you need to be concerned about. AI on the other hand has a lot to be worried about.

Either AI Apologizes to every room that is up for posting tonight for the posting incase anyone saw the BS or I'll forward it to every Blog, News site and Computer Forum board i go to. I'm a personal iReporter on CNN and use it all the time.

Perhaps you can fill us in as to why that posting can be a legal issue. The image is obviously of a police drug raid; the "police" vest to the left clearly gives this away. Unless I'm missing something else entirely. (I'm not being snarky, I'm honestly confused! :? )

However, I do find the post offensive, so in that regards...
Go Linux, Choose a Flavor!
"I aim to misbehave"
Go Linux, Choose a Flavor!
"I aim to misbehave"
post #53 of 111
Quote:

Prince better find new advetisers after the crack posting. Something this simple can keep you in litigation for years. I double AI has the financial backing for that. I'm sure MS would back me.

You are delusional. Advertisers don't even care where their ads run. They just look at the click through stats. Nothing illegal or slanderous here, just dumb. Maybe the picture is rights managed but that is another matter altogether.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

post #54 of 111
Quote:

Great idea. I'm sure CNN would be all over this "story". Send them links, pictures, names... then wait for the guys in the white coats to show up at your door.

post #55 of 111
Did anybody notice that this 6 minute Emmey Award winning party-mercial is just the highlight reel? Yes, there's more !

Judging by the oven clock, there's another 75+ riveting minutes deep in the film archives; footage undoubtedly destined for a Special Edition DVD...

Pre-orders at Amazon?
post #56 of 111
To NonVendorFan,

You quoted my post in your 11:30 response. Check it out moron. Are you so doped up that you don't remember what you put in your posts?

I just wondered why my post was quoted in your response to someone else. Sorry crackhead, you are the one who is having a party and needs to get over himself.

But to the subject you seem to be obsessed with: there is nothing illegal going on. Some may find it offensive, but it is permitted oh great legal scholar.

Take your meds and go to bed honey. In the morning, go get help.
post #57 of 111
Who is all for crashing these windows parties?

Be sure to bring Snow Leopard to demo...if you have a hackintosh to show it on, even better
post #58 of 111
I signed up for one of these parties and got picked to do one. I did it for the free copy of windows you get. I was not about to pay for it. Anyways I just live with some room mates so our party is the same as it always is and will be installing it on the bootcamp partition of my MacBook Pro that I sometimes have to use for school.
post #59 of 111
Quote:

AI better pull this posting off their site. MS is going to sue your ass for everything you have and I'll make sure they know about it. I've got the screen shot and you have the user name with an email associated with it. Along with a posting to all the Tech site and news sites I frequent.

NVF... Are you joking or just an idiot?
Honestly, I can't tell.
Macintosh: It just WORKS!
post #60 of 111
I'm looking forward to the "I'm a Mac" ads where PC tries to throw a house party.
post #61 of 111
Damn that's an awful commercial/infomercial/tutorial whatever you want to call it. Making it look like they're talking to me and I'm the camera operator's perspective makes me feel like I'm jumping forward and back when it zooms in and out.

Most annoying video direction I've seen since the Green Day "Bullet in a Bible" DVD. At least I could close my eyes with that and just listen to the music.

This is just rubbish. If they really wanted to stick it to Apple they could put in the credits, "Edited with Final Cut Studio on a Mac."
post #62 of 111
Quote:

Psst. You're making a fool of yourself. Go and have a mug of hot cocoa and lie down for a while.
My Android phone is the worst phone I've ever owned.
My Android phone is the worst phone I've ever owned.
post #63 of 111
Steve Jobs was right when he said M$ have no taste.
post #64 of 111
Quote:

I registered an account here just to say

NonVendorFan, were you dropped on your head as a baby?

Honestly how about you type in "bags of crack" into google images and then sue Google for having images of drugs.

How dumb can you actually get? Get M$'s c*** out of your mouth and stop being a moronic troll.
post #65 of 111
Quote:

No, it's actually because I have a life and don't spend 18 hours a day in this forum (Quadra 610, Abster2core, Sloppyism).

Apple Party.
Joe, Pour beers for everyone. I can't I'm in an App right now, check with iPod it's allowed to do 2 things at once but only with other Apple apps. Better Check with every other Smart Phone and see if they are allowed to get beers for our guests.

Ok, Great... We have Android, Palm Pre, Winmo now we can even talk at our Party and listen to music.

Hey guys...

The iPhone gets MMS on their Bricks on Friday. Let's send them some pictures and videos on Friday when they get a 10 year old feature.

I have an extension on my iPhone called "backgrounder" which let's you run things in the background and quickly switch between apps, all i had to do is go through the AUTOMATED process of jailbreaking.
Also I never realised that it was Apple's fault for the delay for AT&T's run out of MMS, I've been getting MMS for ages and who gives a crap, unless you're sending naked photos of yourself to that girlfriend you met on the internet I think email is a very free alternative. And iPhone users have been getting MMS via jailbreak apps anyways for ages
post #66 of 111
I heard a rumor that 'Clippy' killed himself when he heard about this.
post #67 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbonner View Post

I am onboard.

me too
i am hold ing a zune moon party

the theme song for this thread is
:happy days at here again"
whats in a name ? 
beatles
whats in a name ? 
beatles
post #68 of 111
Quote:

Apple Party.

Hey guys...

howd the troll party go last week ??
whats in a name ? 
beatles
whats in a name ? 
beatles
post #69 of 111
What kind of people need instructions on how to have a party?
I got nothin'.
I got nothin'.
post #70 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Web View Post

is that steve ballmer's breakfast?

also...windows 7 launch party, that's apple news?
post #71 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyourownthing View Post

is that steve ballmer's breakfast?

also...windows 7 launch party, that's apple news?

C'mon, be serious.
If that was Ballmer's breakfast, he'd be skinny and crazy bastard, not just fat and crazy muthuhfuckah.
Although, it WOULD explain why he sweats so much!

Selling this kind of "product" is exactly how Microsoft still manages to keep itself afloat after years of releasing crappy products that they have to pay to keep in stores (the XBox strategy). They got the idea from the Reagan Administration and the CIA.

The entire concept of Windows 7 parties is ridiculous and pathetic. And it's not just that, it's that someone at Microsoft actually APPROVED this! Then wrote a check!

I guess MS figures they'll NEVER have lines in front of stores for one of their OS releases ever again, so why not take it in doors where it won't won't be embarrassed in the press with the inevitable comparisons to, let's say, an Apple Store opening in a suburban mall somewhere outside Chicago.

When nobody shows up, because nobody cares, no one will know! Brilliant!
post #72 of 111
Heard at a Windows 7 Launch Party: "Here is a copy of Windows 7. Here is a bottle of vodka. Here is a gun." (via David Gerard)
post #73 of 111
Only getting people drunk enough with land them some Windows 7 purchases.
post #74 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Yah!

The only question I have is where is the "young asian lady laughing" and the "mixed race baby playing with toys." Do they show up at the party later with Jerry Seinfeld?

Yes, odd numbers work best. They needed a gay.
post #75 of 111
Microsoft welcomes you to the world of the bizzare.

I mean surely this has to be a hoax or something...it has to... I mean, fcuk I m lost for words...

What a freak circus.

Folks keep your kids away from ms, they have officially lost it.
post #76 of 111
Wonder if I can host a Windows 7 Trivia home party here in Brazil too!? Do they provide vomit bags in that kit???

Seriously now, this has got to be a joke!!! Is it already 1st of April? It's unbelievable, how can one multi-billion dollar company make such HORRIBLE marketing! I think for the first time I feel bad about MS...
Help kill Adobe's Flash. Complain to websites using it. Join YouTube's HTML5 beta (http://www.youtube.com/html5)
Help kill Adobe's Flash. Complain to websites using it. Join YouTube's HTML5 beta (http://www.youtube.com/html5)
post #77 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBestMan View Post

Holy smokes, I was oblivious to this as well and had to look it up. Yowza.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB9fhjnJcB0

Their marketers are worth their weight in comedic awfulness gold.

OMG, that was Dean Cain, aka Superman of Lois & Clark TV series!

post #78 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

First, they recommend that users need to install Windows 7 and play with it before hosting their party, calling customer service for support if necessary.

Anyone catch the obvious audio edit that added in this line?
post #79 of 111
Watching that video made me cringe. So did reading posts by NonVendorFan.
Emailing video from iPhone to Apple TV , sort of..
Emailing video from iPhone to Apple TV , sort of..
post #80 of 111
Looks like a bunch of marketing people at MS have to justify their paychecks...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Microsoft to pitch Windows 7 via home parties