or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Craziest Lunatic
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Craziest Lunatic

Poll Results: Who is the most insane pundit of the lunatic fringe?

 
  • 0% (0)
    Bill O'Riley
  • 0% (0)
    Sean Hannity
  • 41% (7)
    Glen Beck
  • 5% (1)
    Rush Limbaugh
  • 11% (2)
    Michelle Backman
  • 17% (3)
    Sarah Palin
  • 11% (2)
    Anne Coulter
  • 11% (2)
    Other
17 Total Votes  
post #1 of 30
Thread Starter 
Who is the craziest pundit of the lunatic fringe? Of course almost all of them work for Fox Noise Channel these days... or did they become insane after joining Clusterfox?

Please pick the three that you think are the most cukoo but still holds influence over a large number of sheepole.
post #2 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauron View Post

Who is the craziest pundit of the lunatic fringe? Of course almost all of them work for Fox Noise Channel these days... or did they become insane after joining Clusterfox?

Please pick the three that you think are the most cukoo but still holds influence over a large number of sheepole.

That's easy Limbaugh, Palin, Beck.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #3 of 30
I forgot about dearest Anne!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #4 of 30
Where's Bill O'Reilly?
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #5 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

I forgot about dearest Anne!

Where's the choice for All of the Above?

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #6 of 30
I was looking for entries for Jimmy Carter, Mike Moore, and Markos Moulitsas and couldn't find them
post #7 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskiss View Post

I was looking for entries for Jimmy Carter, Mike Moore, and Markos Moulitsas and couldn't find them

I was looking for Keith Olbermann, Janeane Garofalo, and Ed Schultz but couldn't find them either.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #8 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskiss View Post

I was looking for entries for Jimmy Carter, Mike Moore, and Markos Moulitsas and couldn't find them

I would second an entry for Michael Moore... Hence the vote of "other".
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #9 of 30
Somebody is putting Jimmy Carter on the same level of Glen Beck? Is this reasonable?
post #10 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by buceta View Post

Somebody is putting Jimmy Carter on the same level of Glen Beck? Is this reasonable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Carter

"I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man, that he is African-American."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barack Obama

"Are there people out there who don't like me because of race? I'm sure there are...that's not the overriding issue here."

You tell me.
post #11 of 30
A white guy from the South thinking that racism might be a reason for a lot of the intensity of hatred toward a black guy? Shocking. SHOCKING.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #12 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

A white guy from the South thinking that racism might be a reason for a lot of the intensity of hatred toward a black guy? Shocking. SHOCKING.

LOL exactly. Jimmy Carter was a president and is a prominent voice in the american discourse even today after so many years. I think what he said about Obama was right on the mark: it might be a contributing factor for the shocking intensity of the hatred against the president. Will Obama agree to that? Of course not, he doesn't want to give cable TV one more reason to distract the people from important issues.

Glen Beck and the rest of the list Tauron put up, on the other hand, can be clinically demonstrated to be mentally insane.
post #13 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

A white guy from the South thinking that racism might be a reason for a lot of the intensity of hatred toward a black guy? Shocking. SHOCKING.

No more SHOCKING than a popular pundit who thinks Obama is racist?

On one had we have a single individual who thinks another single individual is racist, on the other we have a single individual who thinks "an overwhelming portion" (not a lot, an overwhelming portion) of folks who demonstrate hostility to Obama are racist...

I think it's reasonable to put those two individuals on the same level. I'd even think it reasonable to suggest the individual who casts aspersions on a huge number of folks be at a greater level of idiocy, given the fact that Obama himself doesn't agree... which is the definition of insanity - someone believing things that sane people don't. So, unless you think Obama is crazy or lies to the media, you have to acknowledge the lack of sanity in Carter's position.
post #14 of 30
I could vote for Janeane Garofalo, the Scientology apologist, TBIW.
post #15 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskiss View Post

No more SHOCKING than a popular pundit who thinks Obama is racist?

On one had we have a single individual who thinks another single individual is racist, on the other we have a single individual who thinks "an overwhelming portion" (not a lot, an overwhelming portion) of folks who demonstrate hostility to Obama are racist...

I think it's reasonable to put those two individuals on the same level. I'd even think it reasonable to suggest the individual who casts aspersions on a huge number of folks be at a greater level of idiocy, given the fact that Obama himself doesn't agree... which is the definition of insanity - someone believing things that sane people don't. So, unless you think Obama is crazy or lies to the media, you have to acknowledge the lack of sanity in Carter's position.

Clearly you have learned a lot about twisting reality and reason from Glen Beck.
post #16 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by buceta View Post

Clearly you have learned a lot about twisting reality and reason from Glen Beck.

Just had to fill the awkward silence with something, no matter how inane, didn't you.
post #17 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskiss View Post

Just had to fill the awkward silence with something, no matter how inane, didn't you.

Just had to fill the awkward silence with something, no matter how inane, didn't you. Ad infinitum.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #18 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Just had to fill the awkward silence with something, no matter how inane, didn't you. Ad infinitum.

Is this where the thread devolves into the "I know you are, but what am I?" level of juvenilisms?

Threads that attract the liberals so often go that route.
post #19 of 30
Because right wing wackos (note: not conservatives, just the wackos) can't handle intelligent discourse? I just said the same exact thing you did. If it's juvenile for me to say it, it's juvenile for you to say it. Also, I'm not liberal.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #20 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Because right wing wackos (note: not conservatives, just the wackos) can't handle intelligent discourse? I just said the same exact thing you did. If it's juvenile for me to say it, it's juvenile for you to say it. Also, I'm not liberal.

I think if you disagree with these guys then you are a flaming liberal.
post #21 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

I just said the same exact thing you did.

When my kids were really young they would do the same thing. I suppose they thought they were being clever by doing so.

You pretty much make my point for me, you know that, don't you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by buceta View Post

I think if you disagree with these guys then you are a flaming liberal.

No, believing Jimmy Carter isn't a crazy lunatic makes you a flaming liberal.
post #22 of 30
Oh god, it spawned already. We're doomed. DOOOOOMED.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #23 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Oh god, it spawned already. We're doomed. DOOOOOMED.

Yup, 25 years ago my kids would have thought that was clever. I bet you keep 'em rolling in the isles at school during recess.
post #24 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskiss View Post

Yup, 25 years ago my kids would have thought that was clever. I bet you keep 'em rolling in the isles at school during recess.

Yes, all the way to Fiji.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #25 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskiss

"so you DO think you're clever! Can you tie your shoes by yourself too? I bet your mom's so proud! I'll bet when you grow up they'll let you be a liberal. Sounds like you'd fit right in."

The best part is you're serious here and I'm just playfully responding to these ridiculous posts of yours. Like this:

"so you DO think you're clever! Can you tie your shoes by yourself too? I bet your mom's so proud! I'll bet when you grow up they'll let you be a [right wing nutter.] Sounds like you'd fit right in."

You actually don't need anyone to talk to. Pretty much anything you say really does fit as perfect responses to those same statements.



Edit: It appears Taskiss's post I quoted got deleted so added is it quoted in its original glory.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #26 of 30
It is difficult to choose.
post #27 of 30
I can think of some PO wannabe armchair pundits from this board who should be in that poll...
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #28 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Edit: It appears Taskiss's post I quoted got deleted so added is it quoted in its original glory.

Good, serves him right.
post #29 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

I can think of some PO wannabe armchair pundits from this board who should be in that poll...

Yep, no kidding.
post #30 of 30
Check out the "O'Garbage Factor" article in Newsweek.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Craziest Lunatic