or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Apple's next mouse may not carry 'Mighty' moniker

Apple's next mouse may not carry 'Mighty' moniker - Page 2

post #41 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonVendorFan View Post

What's f'd up is you believe the shit without even questioning it on this board.

Welcome to 1984.

I'm in 2009 where I choose what I put on my PHONE, MEDIA PLAYER AND COMPUTER.

No, I think there is a lot of healthy discussion and lot of people will give constructive honest feedback about Apple, if Apple are not being positive or behaving in a manner that is not to their liking.

I think issue with you is that we know you don't like Apple (your decision) and have almost taken this as personal crusader to try and show us all that Apple is no good. That is your believe and I don't want to change you. But at least be fair and objective in your ranting with some factual evidence or supported links or least try.

To be frank you as bad as your opposite so called Apple 'Fanboy', since nothing is as black or white in this world.

I am not a techy or IT expert, but I enjoy Apple products and overall believe in Apple's business model, but if I see Apple are screwing up, I will say something very quickly.

I visit this site because I learn a lot about Apple and other very interesting concepts, ideas, read interesting viewpoints (majority of the time) and get a history lesson on Apple and IT development over the years.

My point is if you do not like Apple fair enough, but at least be civil in putting across your opinions. Youa re not only person to use foul lanaguage and name calling, so I really write this to entire community to have healthy discussion and not get into kindergarden name calling match.

I am shareholder of Apple, proud of company, since it has successful turn itself around from when a gut feeling told me to buy their shares in 1999, when I was told MS was the way to go. (probably written about this 4-5 times on forum sorry).

I hope MS does bring its 'A' game, since Apple will up their innovation to compete and secondly it all good for the consumers including me.

Lastly I looked at Zune HD and it good competition to iPod Touch, unfortunately it maybe to late to provide good competition due to less than stellar inital effort by MS.
post #42 of 86
I use a mighty mouse, both wireless and corded and I like them. They are not perfect but they work. However, I love my MacBook Pro's trackpad and I am looking forward to two finger scrolling and three finger swipe to go back and forth in safari. Hell if they even make zoom work in a comfortable way, more power to them. No more clicking with a touch on the left or right side. Instead a two finger click for right click. Will be a worthy upgrade.
post #43 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

As a result of the suit, Broumand said, Man & Machine was granted the exclusive right to the name.

To be clear, this only applies to the use of the "Mighty Mouse" name when it comes to computer mice / "cursor control devices." So CBS will not have to rename their animated superhero rodent.
post #44 of 86
Quote:
Apple was supposed to be different. Long time ago though. Now it's just about the money to the bottom line.

Seeing the ipod and iphone and itouch and itunes and the app store and the MacBookAir and the multi-touch pad get literally copied verbatim by Microsoft and others, it's THEM who need to "Think Different", not the same.

Oh, and btw, Microsoft's mouse technology is made by Razor; it's the only reason why any of there stuff is good.

Quote:

Apple never restricted OSX's apps, and I can put also whatever I want on my ipod nano (or Cowon D2 that I own).

Please, tell me what phone you own so I can buy it. Is it an Android phone with non-native apps? Palm Pre's java applet apps? Oh, a WinMob phone that like its cousin Win95 that needs a reboot everday, loses its functionality like Win95 after a few months and needs a hard reset?

Don't forget, Microsoft's app store has the SAME restrictions as Apple's!
post #45 of 86
i don't get it. Maybe people need to start washing their hands more often?

In years since I owned that mouse the ball stopped working once. I rolled it upside down for a minute on white paper and its worked fine ever since.
post #46 of 86
I'm not sure which this represents:

a) the name they should have given to the Mighty Mouse
b) Teckstud's 8th grade graduation picture
c) NonVendorFan
c) all of the above

post #47 of 86
They should call it Danger Mouse. He's the greatest, he's fantastic, wherever there is danger he'll be there.... (sorry for the non UK people)
post #48 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by elroth View Post

What a sour person you are - how's that ulcer doing? And what's a descent mouse? A little pet to lead us down to the depths where you reside?

I like the Mighty Mouse - it's a bit of an annoyance to have to clean it every once in a while, but it fits my hand perfectly, so I don't have to twist my wrist and tense up my arm. Good ergonomics for me.

Having to lift a finger that's already almost straight just to get it to recognize a right click is anything but ergonomic.

I've used every mouse Apple has ever made. The only one I really liked was the ADB Mouse II, but by the time it came out I'd discovered the joy of having more than one button and the space saving features of the track ball.

Back when Bluetooth was fairly new Apple had probably the most reliable mouse around. It also had nice size, weight, feel and tracking, but it only had the single click action which doomed it for me and many others.

My favorite mouse is still the Microsoft Intellimouse Optical. It fits either hand, has nice size, excellent tracking, great feel in the main buttons and scroll wheel, a flexible cord and just the right amount of friction to always stay exactly where you leave it, and side buttons that are high enough on the body that you can pick it up without accidentally pressing one or both of them. I've tried lots of more "advanced" ones, but always come back to the simple symmetrical 4 button and wheel design of the Intellimouse.
post #49 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingDifferent View Post

Of all the mice to pick, surely the puck mouse is the WORST that Apple has ever designed?

I always found it impossible to move the mouse up and down in a perfectly vertical line, due to the fact that it was round and you could never tell if you had it orientated properly. You never have that problem with a traditional lozenge-shaped mouse?
OK, can I have my matte Apple display, now?
post #50 of 86
Surely it's simply going to be:

Multi Touch Mouse
Touch Mouse
Mac Touch

If Apple have got the patent on 'Multi Touch' tech, then surely they're going to want to remind everyone that their product includes that tech?
post #51 of 86
I caught a mouse in my bathroom tonight (by the tail) and flushed it down the toilet.
Poor little bastard.

Seems like a good solution for Apple's Mighty mouse.

But a fitting fate for NonVendorFan.
Why on earth DOES it lurk here? I mean... really!
Macintosh: It just WORKS!
Macintosh: It just WORKS!
post #52 of 86
I would like to get a new mouse for my white Macbook - here's hoping Apple don't just make it available only in aluminium. Sounds like it'll bring some of that cool multi-touch functionality I've missed out on.
post #53 of 86
NonVendorFan lurks to

Enlighten us with his little hiakus of hate

Nobody cares
post #54 of 86
Quote:

I got this mouse for my macbook, and it rocks. Battery life is excellent, comfort is very good. No more wired mice for me.

As for the (ex) mighty mouse - good riddance.
post #55 of 86
Apple isn't going to call a mouse with touch technology the mighty mouse, it will be called something like "touch mouse" or "mouse touch" or "zomgmaus!".

Wonder if Apple will owe this company some prior licensing fees now that the trademark has been sorted out?
post #56 of 86
Also it's gone all silent for nearly a week on the new iMac and Mac Mini rumours?
post #57 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRs View Post

They already did the "Apple Pro Mouse"

LMAO!!
But that looks soo environmentally unfriendly.
Al Gore would never allow that today.

And besides, much too thick.
post #58 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattig View Post

Apple isn't going to call a mouse with touch technology the mighty mouse, it will be called something like "touch mouse" or "mouse touch" or "zomgmaus!".

Wonder if Apple will owe this company some prior licensing fees now that the trademark has been sorted out?

What about the anorexic mouse?
post #59 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post

NonVendorFan lurks to

Enlighten us with his little hiakus of hate

Nobody cares

you do enough to write a post
post #60 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

What about the anorexic mouse?

Yup. That looks like Apple's next mouse to go with the "ultrathin" iMac.
post #61 of 86
This is my favourite Apple mouse of all time. Is it acrylic? Is that worse than polycarbonate? Ah well, who knows. Time for the highly recyclable glass and aluminium new Apple Mouse Pro. (They could reuse the Mouse Pro or Pro Mouse name). I think Apple will stick (lol no pun intended re: scrollballs) to Mighty Mouse and just fight off this other company's trademark somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRs View Post

They already did the "Apple Pro Mouse"

post #62 of 86
Apple should just call its new mouse the Logitech Optical Mouse.
post #63 of 86
Quote:

What's f'd up is you believe the shit without even questioning it on this board.

Welcome to 1984.

Edit.
Most of the readers in this forum don't even remember 1984. I do, I was a Mac user back then. Now look at the video and really "Think" about it. Is that Microsoft or Apple's closed loop in the commercial?

Link to original 1984 commercial. the Hate seems to be more with the Apple folks these days but take a look.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...2862672743260#

Apple was supposed to be different. Long time ago though. Now it's just about the money to the bottom line.

Tell that to the consumers giving Apple record quarters. In Mac sales. In a recession. I suppose Apple rules the Premium end *today* because they're "just about the money." I suppose people are choosing Apple's more expensive, closed system (despite cheaper solutions available) for entirely different reasons? And the iPhone shook up the entire industry overnight because Apple doesn't care about their products or the consumer? Do tell!

What's "f'd up" is that you're a Windows troll camping an Apple fansite.
post #64 of 86
The name has zero importance to me.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #65 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondgeeza View Post

They should call it Danger Mouse. He's the greatest, he's fantastic, wherever there is danger he'll be there.... (sorry for the non UK people)

I think it's more likely to be called the Penfold.
post #66 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

The name has zero importance to me.

Ok -then in that case,
I bring you the Al Gore mouse-

post #67 of 86
Why not just call it mouse like it does to its keyboard?
post #68 of 86
MultiMouse (as in "multi-touch.")

Or simply call it the Touch.
post #69 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post

Why are you here if you hate Apple so much? You sound a bit like those muslim extremists who hate everything Western but eagerly use our cars, mobile phones and social services.

Yeah move to the Microsoft forum they might even give you a job you can work in Xbox Customer Support.
post #70 of 86
Seriously, the best mouse Apple ever made:

It's tall, so it fits in my big hands perfectly, the clicker is exceptionally responsive, plenty of button travel, and if you close your eyes and smell it, you can almost smell Scotty's breath on it.
post #71 of 86
This is why I love AppleInsider...you made me laugh so hard!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

My bet:

iMouse Extreme: Revenge of the Puck

Or iMERotP for short.
post #72 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokken View Post

Why not just call it mouse like it does to its keyboard?

they call their keyboard "mouse" ???
post #73 of 86
What if the new mouse is just a big glass trackpad that plugs into USB. How freakin' sweet would that be? After using the MacBook Pro for a few hours... going back to a mouse seems so cumbersome. I love the multitouch trackpad and tapping is so much easier than clicking a button (quieter too).
post #74 of 86
Apple deadmau5?
post #75 of 86
How about a keyboard with optical sensors all along the bottom edge that see what your fingers are up to on a flat surface right in front of your keyboard. You can so all the multitouch stuff you want without a special surface, just your desktop.

The principle is the same one behind the MS Surface, IIRC.
post #76 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

you do enough to write a post

that you replied to

post #77 of 86
Quote:

Apple hasn't made a descent mouse in their entire history of hardware.

Couldn't agree more.

I've used the mice since the Mac SE/30's and for every version, I wish there was a small and large version as my hand always seems to cramp with smaller ones!?!? THe worst one had to be that iMac round one.

As for the mighty mouse, I don't know how many times the tiny ball stops working for me.

Thank god for Logitech.
post #78 of 86
Touchy mouse?
--SHEFFmachine out
Da Bears!
--SHEFFmachine out
Da Bears!
post #79 of 86
They can call it whatever they want to as long as I don't have to lift my finger off the left mouse button in order to context click. It's unintuitive, irritating and the polar opposite of ergonomic.
"...within intervention's distance of the embassy." - CvB

Original music:
The Mayflies - Black earth Americana. Now on iTMS!
Becca Sutlive - Iowa Fried Rock 'n Roll - now on iTMS!
"...within intervention's distance of the embassy." - CvB

Original music:
The Mayflies - Black earth Americana. Now on iTMS!
Becca Sutlive - Iowa Fried Rock 'n Roll - now on iTMS!
post #80 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

Multimouse

Do us all a favor and never work for Apple. Next you'll want to called the tablet Mac Pad *shudder!*
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Apple's next mouse may not carry 'Mighty' moniker