or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iPhone tops satisfaction survey for consumers, business users

iPhone tops satisfaction survey for consumers, business users

post #1 of 65
Apple's iPhone leads the latest J.D. Power and Associates survey for both consumers and business users, dominating the smartphone segment it arrived on only two years ago.

Leveraging its strengths in ease of operation, operating system, features and physical design, Apple's iPhone scored 811 points out of a possible 1000 with personal-use consumers. LG scored a 776 and RIM's BlackBerry came in a close third at 759. The only area Apple failed to secure with a perfect score was battery function, which earned an average score of two stars out of five.

Perhaps most encouraging for the company was the iPhone's increasing appeal to customers who primarily use their smartphones for business. Apple topped that list too, scoring 803, while the BlackBerry platform finished second at 724.

It's an improvement of 25 points over last November when Apple also topped J.D. Power's satisfaction rankings in the business smartphone segment. The iPhone didn't place in the firm's 2007 report.

The news comes on the heels of Apple's stepped-up efforts to compete in the enterprise market during the last several quarters. This spring, a study called the iPhone a better choice for business than BlackBerry. A few months later, Apple highlighted 18 new corporate-friendly features in iPhone OS 3.0 in the face of a business market dominated by devices running Windows Mobile or BlackBerry operating systems. And more than one year ago, Apple's SDK roadmap announcement set the stage for a beefed-up enterprise strategy.

LG, thanks to its industry-leading scores for battery function, ranked highest in overall satisfaction in traditional handsets, with a score of 723.

J.D. Power's report suggested Apple could attract even more users to the iPhone, based on its feature set. The survey found 22 percent consumer smartphone owners want Wi-Fi capability in their next device, 21 percent desire touchscreen capabilities, and 17 percent would prefer GPS. All three are already key features of Apple's iPhone as more applications have recently arrived offering to get more out of the device's built-in GPS capability (1, 2).

In addition, Apple's iPhone App Store was seen as a benefit for the handset. More than half of business smartphone owners reported downloading third-party games for entertainment, while nearly half said they download travel software like maps and weather applications.
post #2 of 65
Think of all the derision and condescension that Apple had to overcome from an entrenched industry, to be at this place. Really quite remarkable, all said and done.
post #3 of 65
....a rounding error!
post #4 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Think of all the derision and condescension that Apple had to overcome from an entrenched industry, to be at this place. Really quite remarkable, all said and done.

Well said.
post #5 of 65
Id like to see some GSM-based battery tests doing the same tasks. I use a Mophie Juicepack Air to get a full day, but I am a very heavy internet user who rarely makes a call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

And after such a short time frame, too.

PS: They obviously didnt poll the Teckstud and NoVendorFan/SeaHawk Fans of the world.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #6 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

....a rounding error!

lmao!
bb
bb
post #7 of 65
Now please support multiple Exchange accounts, view shared calendars, invitation capabilities and being able to connect via VPN to a corporate network (read/write). Thank you.
Posted by the door post at the post office the post man posted his last post-millennial post card with a Penny Black postage stamp via the Royal Post.
Posted by the door post at the post office the post man posted his last post-millennial post card with a Penny Black postage stamp via the Royal Post.
post #8 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShack View Post

Now please support multiple Exchange accounts, view shared calendars, invitation capabilities and being able to connect via VPN to a corporate network (read/write). Thank you.

Concatanated email app for multiple accounts and a more robust notification system.
post #9 of 65
What exactly are all those idi... --- umm... OK, good decent people --- satisfied with??
With crappy AT&T service? With weeks out of Orange's service and loss in their businesses due to that?? With WiFi, which can't even load single YouTube clip?? With obligation to charge phone every single evening? With glitches and bugs everywhere in software?? With complete ignoring customer's opinion??

And yet, we all indeed are...

We mean Apple no harm.

People are lovers, basically. -- Engadget livebloggers at the iPad mini event.

We mean Apple no harm.

post #10 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan.rnn01 View Post

What exactly are all those idi... --- umm... OK, good decent people --- satisfied with??
With crappy AT&T service? With weeks out of Orange's service and loss in their businesses due to that?? With WiFi, which can't even load single YouTube clip?? With obligation to charge phone every single evening? With glitches and bugs everywhere in software?? With complete ignoring customer's opinion??

Most of the criticism on AT&T's and Orange's services comes from those who don't have an iPhone or don't or can't use these service at all.

Nobody is obligated to charge their phone every single evening. We were dutifully informed since the launch of the iPhone that many things that were desired were held off because of the known and unknown effect on battery life. Try sitting in your car with the engine turned off; then turn on and off your air conditioner/heater, radio, GPS, windshield wipers, audio/video player, turn signals, interior lights, headlights, brakelights, cigarette lighter, adjust power seats/windows/locks, and you plugged in laptop, etc, and see how long it takes before you are sitting their looking as dumb as a doornail trying to explain to your auto club why anybody would think that battery power should be universally unlimited.

What glitches and bugs are you referring to? It should be easy to list since you contend it is everywhere?

And I would suggest that Apple does listen to their customers' opinions.
post #11 of 65
Quote:

Always had great service w/ AT&T (even before iPhone, switched from Verizon because they were crippling my phone, switched to Verizon from Sprint before that because their prices sucked).

I don't care about Orange

Never had this problem, ever, and I've had an iPhone since day 1

I've always plugged in every phone I've ever owned at night, I'm not using it so what's so bad about plugging it in?

Glitches and bugs have been far less than I had with previous phones and they didn't do 1/20th what the iPhone does

If they didn't care they wouldn't bother updating anything

Next!
post #12 of 65
You wouldn't understand....

We mean Apple no harm.

We mean Apple no harm.

post #13 of 65
No surprise here. Good for Apple. And good for us.

This is rathe telling:

Perhaps most encouraging for the company was the iPhone's increasing appeal to customers who primarily use their smartphones for business. Apple topped that list too, scoring 803, while the BlackBerry platform finished second at 724.
post #14 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post

Most of the criticism on AT&T's and Orange's services comes from those who don't have an iPhone or don't or can't use these service at all.

First, you prove you have iPhone.

Quote:

What glitches and bugs are you referring to? It should be easy to list since you contend it is everywhere?

Wait... Oh, here you are. You may or may not click on the last element in lists of clips in YouTube app. It is just not watchable.

Wait... When your two road trips cost more, than someone's boat, I don't think it's a good idea to discuss iPhone with that guy.

We mean Apple no harm.

We mean Apple no harm.

post #15 of 65
Quote:

Wait... Oh, here you are. You may or may not click on the last element in lists of clips in YouTube app. It is just not watchable.

Wait... When your two road trips cost more, than someone's boat, I don't think it's a good idea to discuss iPhone with that guy.

Perhaps just querying my previous posts will attest to my having an iPhone. I have in fact posted my data usage/billing info to support unlimited data plans aren't as horrific as many think. I have it, but I also have tethering and have yet exceeded my usage.

I didn't say you don't. But I never complain about something I don't have other than I may wish I had it.

I must admit, I don't have the YouTube app. But to suggest that every app is bad is ludicrous. You have 85,000 to choose from and after a couple of billion downloads and a satisfaction rate that exceeds anything else in this world, your comments appear to come from the other side of the door handle.

If I may, here are a few of links that may provide insight on some of the issues.

Once again, most of the complaints come from people that only drive their cars in rush hour and expect the highway to automatically widen as necessary. There is only one road system that I can think of that could guaranty unimpeded movement and switch me from one direction to another without a possible glitch. However, I am not prepared as yet to terminate my life to find out.
post #16 of 65
Quote:

So, are you saying you do or don't have an iPhone? It's quite easy to find some negative press and pretend like it has impacted you.

I just tried the YouTube thing - it works fine.

I don't even know wtf that last line means. Who has a boat? Who said their roadtrips are expensive?
post #17 of 65
Quote:

Perhaps just querying my previous posts will attest to my having an iPhone.

I didn't say you don't. But I never complain about something I don't have other than I may wish I had it.

I must admit, I don't have the YouTube app. But to suggest that every app is bad is ludicrous. You have 85,000 to choose from and after a couple of billion downloads and a satisfaction rate that exceeds anything else in this world, your comments appear to come from the other side of the door.

If I may, here are a few of links that may provide insight on some of the issues.

Once again, most of the complaints come from people that only drive their cars in rush hour and expect the highway to automatically widen as necessary. There is only one road system that I can think of that could guaranty unimpeded movement and switch me from one direction to another without a possible glitch. However, I am not prepared as yet to terminate my life to find out.

Abster! Peace!
If you're so concerned about my original post, please reread it!

I mean, iPhone is far enough from being perfect, we all can find something in it to complain about.
Yet we are satisfied with this product. We are satisfied with iPhone more, than we are with any other phones. There has been nothing like that before.

We mean Apple no harm.

We mean Apple no harm.

post #18 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmc6000 View Post

So, are you saying you do or don't have an iPhone? It's quite easy to find some negative press and pretend like it has impacted you.

I don't even know wtf that last line means. Who has a boat? Who said their roadtrips are expensive?

Was it written in the response to your post? Gimme peace, eh?

We mean Apple no harm.

We mean Apple no harm.

post #19 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmc6000 View Post

Yeah, no problems playing the last item in a YouTube list... And I have no idea what that last thing he's talking about is either.

Quote:

I must admit, I don't have the YouTube app.

How do you not have the YouTube app? I didn't know you could remove the apps that ship with the iPhone.
post #20 of 65
Quote:

Abster! Peace!
If you're so concerned about my original post, please reread it!

I mean, iPhone is far enough from being perfect, we all can find something in it to complain about.
Yet we are satisfied with this product. We are satisfied with iPhone more, than we are with any other phones. There has been nothing like that before.

Taken.

And I agree that it is far from perfect, if taken in the right context. Certainly we can find something to complain about. That unfortunately is human nature. But not necessarily my bent.

More important, I forgot to include the links I referenced to above. I, highly recommend them for everybody. And would appreciate any others that are forthcoming.

a. FCC: Understanding Wireless Telephone Coverage Areas

http://www.ehow.com/how_5352203_incr...ave-money.html b. How to Increase Boost Your Cell Phone Signal Reception, Avoid Dropped Calls and Save Money
http://www.ehow.com/how_5352203_incr...ave-money.html c. Dead Cell Zones
http://www.deadcellzones.com/
post #21 of 65
Quote:

Taken.

And I agree that it is far from perfect, if taken in the right context. Certainly we can find something to complain about. That unfortunately is human nature. But not necessarily my bent.

More important, I forgot to include the links I referenced to above. I, highly recommend them for everybody. And would appreciate any others that forthcoming.

a. FCC: Understanding Wireless Telephone Coverage Areas

http://www.ehow.com/how_5352203_incr...ave-money.html

b. How to Increase Boost Your Cell Phone Signal Reception, Avoid Dropped Calls and Save Money http://www.ehow.com/how_5352203_incr...ave-money.html

c. Dead Cell Zones http://www.deadcellzones.com/

Thanks for your links. We don't have problems with GSM/3G reception in France, but this may be not the worst reading ever, too.
Orange had another kind of problem with iPhones. At the time of 3G [S] launch they got some issues with SIM card activations on national scale. 600,000 iPhone users in France were out of any service, including voice one, for 5 days. They reimbursed us 10 eur for inconveniences, but businessmen complained that they lost a lot of calls from partners and clients, and that 10 eur were by no means satisfactory.

We mean Apple no harm.

We mean Apple no harm.

post #22 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

How do you not have the YouTube app? I didn't know you could remove the apps that ship with the iPhone.

My apologies, in part.

Your are right. You can not remove the apps that ship with the iPhone. However, you can use Parental controls to hide it.

I never used the YouTube app. In fact, it is one of two that I used Parental control panel to hide the default apps.
post #23 of 65
Quote:

Thanks for your links. We don't have problems with GSM/3G reception in France, but this may be not the worst reading ever, too.
Orange had another kind of problem with iPhones. At the time of 3G [S] launch they got some issues with SIM activations on national scale. 600,000 iPhone users in France were out of any service, including voice one, for 5 days. They reimbursed us 10 eur for inconveniences, but businessmen complained that they lost a lot of calls from partners and clients, and that 10 eur were by no means satisfactory.

You are welcome.

I have had a cell phone since the beginning. My first was a 10 lb 5watt brick from Nokia back in the '80's.

I can't say how much I like my iPhone. Best cell phone I ever had. Sure I get dropped calls, but after using wireless in the army, I know what it is like when you get cut off. Nothing better that a hardwire connection, except when it gets cut in half.

I understand the factors that affect wireless communication. In particular moving out from one cell to another.

Recently, I have been monitoring my calls and I am beginning to suspect that the issue may be further compromised when switching from one cell tower to another is controlled by another service provider.

In other words. is there a difference in the incidence of dropped calls calling somebody using the same wireless service vs calling somebody using a competitive service as you move from service's tower to another? I am begining to wonder.
post #24 of 65
Quote:

You are welcome.

I have had a cell phone since the beginning. My first was a 10 lb 5watt brick from Nokia back in the '80's.

I can't say how much I like my iPhone. Best cell phone I ever had. Sure I get dropped calls, but after using wireless in the army, I know what it is like when you get cut off. Nothing better that a hardwire connection, except when it gets cut in half.

I understand the factors that affect wireless communication. In particular moving out from one cell to another.

Recently, I have been monitoring my calls and I am beginning to suspect that the issue may be further compromised when connected from the switch from on cell tower to another is controlled by another service provider.

In other words. is there a difference in the incidence of dropped calls calling somebody using the same wireless service vs calling somebody using a competitive service as you move from service's tower to another?

I had some cellphones in earlier days, too. OK, it was rather in 90's, not in 80's. They were weighty enough. I had some pagers before... They were lighter, than cellphones.
I write my 'provocative' posts, because I'm really excited by the job, which Apple's marketing does.
iPhone is very average phone from technical point of view. I joined the community of iPhone owners not because of iPhone's exceptional quality or outstanding features, but just because I wanted to see yet another product having been created by Apple. I'm indeed upset by its battery life. I'm mocking at its small software and hardware errors and at issues on carriers' side.

What is interesting, all those issues don't push me to the point of leaving iPhone crowd. iPhone is indeed useable.

We mean Apple no harm.

We mean Apple no harm.

post #25 of 65
Quote:

Recently, I have been monitoring my calls and I am beginning to suspect that the issue may be further compromised when switching from one cell tower to another is controlled by another service provider.
In other words. is there a difference in the incidence of dropped calls calling somebody using the same wireless service vs calling somebody using a competitive service as you move from service's tower to another? I am begining to wonder.

I heard about this theory of dropped calls because of handovers. I checked into it a bit.
Way too complex and artificial explanation, imo.
AT&T just can't handle data rates they set up for their network. Orange's 3G is rock solid. It is everywhere down to the heart of national parks. Why? Because it's way slower and thus it's manageable.

We mean Apple no harm.

We mean Apple no harm.

post #26 of 65
http://www.businessinsider.com/henry...-lunch-2009-10

The writing's on the wall. For now.

I wonder what kind of gains Android will make assuming Apple keeps up steady iPhone development.
post #27 of 65
Quote:

I heard about this theory of dropped calls because of handovers. I checked into it a bit.
Way too complex and artificial explanation, imo.
AT&T just can't handle data rates they set up for their network. Orange's 3G is rock solid. It is everywhere down to the heart of national parks. Why? Because it's way slower and thus it's manageable.

Not sure if that is the issue.

There are a number of reasons why the European wireless market is perceived to be better than AT&T or for that matter Verizon as well.

The US wireless market is significantly, geographically more massive and more varied in nature. Then you also have to consider man-made structures that all can create wireless interference.

Basically, many of the European countries had terrible land line communications relative to the US and in particular Canada. Two places that didn't have the retrofitting issues that the older countries suffered. Wireless became more important for some and in most cases, taxpayers became the major financiers for the new technology.

Smaller areas to develop, higher population densities and bottomless money-pits to draw from, made earlier development cheaper and easier. And, equally important, the competition was virtually zilch, and a single standard easier to establish. There is something that can be said for government control, particularly when the cost doesn't come directly out of your pocket.

Bottom line though, we may pay more for certain things, but overall it costs us less. Cripes, how much does is cost you to make a cell call to a phone 5,000 kms from Paris. Last I looked, New York to LA was free, or included in the monthly voice plan.

Right now, AT&T is handling more data via a cell phone than any other service in the world. I doubt there is an Orange anywhere that could universally handle it any better than AT&T has done. Even now that they know what would be in-store for then if they did.
post #28 of 65
Complete freakin' mess.

http://www.electronista.com/articles....team.at.risk/

Redmond can't execute worth ish.
post #29 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Complete freakin' mess.

http://www.electronista.com/articles....team.at.risk/

Redmond can't execute worth ish.

"Among the errors, Microsoft is said to have been too ambitious and tried to develop both CDMA/EVDO and UMTS/HSPA of the Pure and Turtle designs alike, not realizing that each needed different chipsets and antennas that would dictate fundamental changes to each"

But for many bloggers, that should have been easy to do. Obviously not.
post #30 of 65
Quote:

Not sure if that is the issue.
There are a number of reasons why the European wireless market is perceived to be better than AT&T or for that matter Verizon as well.

All that is much less about markets and money, than it is about the physics and spectra.

Quote:

Bottom line though, we may pay more for certain things, but overall it costs us less. Cripes, how much does is cost you to make a cell call to a phone 5,000 kms from Paris. Last I looked, New York to LA was free, or included in the monthly voice plan.

Had we 5,000 kms to call over, it would be included in our monthly plans. Packets are no more carried by the pigeon post, you know. They leave base stations by wires. See, kilobytes of my posts on AppleInsider have travelled over the Atlantic for free.

Quote:

Right now, AT&T is handling more data via a cell phone than any other service in the world. I doubt there is an Orange anywhere that could universally handle it any better than AT&T has done. Even now that they know what would be in-store for then if they did.

Apparently, Orange does it better in its zone of responsibility.

We mean Apple no harm.

We mean Apple no harm.

post #31 of 65
Quote:

Had we 5,000 kms to call over, it would be included in our monthly plans. Packets are no more carried by the pigeon post, you know. They leave base stations by wires. See, kilobytes of my posts on AppleInsider have travelled over the Atlantic for free.

My error. New York to LA is about 4,000 kms. Paris to Moscow on the other hand is about 2500 kms. Wonder what the cost of calling Moscow is on your iPhone?

Quote:

B]Apparently, Orange does it better in its zone of responsibility.[/B]

Apparently not.

Criticism*

"In August 2008, after well publicized problems with iPhone 3G performances, customers compared their download speed and discovered that Orange in France was capping 3G download bandwidth. Orange admitted capping to 384kbit/s, way below the theoretic 7.2Mbit/s provided by the iPhone.

In June 2008 Alex Singleton of the Daily Telegraph lambasted Orange's customer service[3]:
"The hatred that large numbers of Orange customers have towards their network is mostly France Telecom's fault. The French firm utterly wrecked the company it bought. Internet forums are now full of angry customers who have been billed incorrectly or otherwise wronged, and who have found ringing Orange to complain a horrible experience.""

* And there is more. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_(telecommunications)
post #32 of 65
Quote:

My error. New York to LA is about 4,000 kms. Paris to Moscow on the other hand is about 2500 kms. Wonder what the cost of calling Moscow is on your iPhone?

0, i believe. I should have installed iSip recently.

Quote:

Apparently not.
Criticism*
"In August 2008, after well publicized problems with iPhone 3G performances, customers compared their download speed and discovered that Orange in France was capping 3G download bandwidth. Orange admitted capping to 384kbit/s, way below the theoretic 7.2Mbit/s provided by the iPhone.

This is exactly what I was telling you. Yep. But there're no dropped calls at all, there is 3G everywhere. Dozens of Mobile TV providers broadcast over that 3G with no restrictions and in acceptable quality. AT&T's throughput may theoretically be near iPhone limits, but it is good for nothing but complaints about dropped calls.

Quote:

In June 2008 Alex Singleton of the Daily Telegraph lambasted Orange's customer service[3]:
"The hatred that large numbers of Orange customers have towards their network is mostly France Telecom's fault. The French firm utterly wrecked the company it bought. Internet forums are now full of angry customers who have been billed incorrectly or otherwise wronged, and who have found ringing Orange to complain a horrible experience.""

Quote:

* And there is more. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_(telecommunications)

Wikipedia does not tell us one thing. Few discuss WiFi on french iPhone forums. We just ask Orange for 4G.

We mean Apple no harm.

We mean Apple no harm.

post #33 of 65
Quote:

My apologies, in part.

Your are right. You can not remove the apps that ship with the iPhone. However, you can use Parental controls to hide it.

I never used the YouTube app. In fact, it is one of two that I used Parental control panel to hide the default apps.

I don't have it on my phone (and no, I did not use parental controls). I deleted mine during the first 2.0 software version from my mac. I actually stumped Apple Geniuses about how to get it back on. I'm pretty sure they plugged that hole, because there was no way to restore the app onto the phone once deleted from my Mac.

I don't miss the app much, and I like having the icon space back.
post #34 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

J.D. Power's report suggested Apple could attract even more users to the iPhone, based on its feature set. The survey found 22 percent consumer smartphone owners want Wi-Fi capability in their next device, 21 percent desire touchscreen capabilities, and 17 percent would prefer GPS. All three are already key features of Apple's iPhone as more applications have recently arrived offering to get more out of the device's built-in GPS capability (1, 2).

Kudos to Apple for pulling a Wayne Gretzky - going to where the puck is going to be!
(not the current Wayne Gretzky...disappearing off the face of the media planet for a miserable GM turn).
post #35 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by randythot View Post

Kudos to Apple for pulling a Wayne Gretzky - going to where the puck is going to be!
(not the current Wayne Gretzky...disappearing off the face of the media planet for a miserable GM turn).

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine...1000291218.htm

It's getting real ugly.

What's shocking is for how long MS just let this slide. It's been years and MS still hasn't figured out how to make a decent phone OS.
post #36 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

The only area Apple failed to secure with a perfect score was battery function, which earned an average score of two stars out of five..

So, I really dig the iPhone, after 2 years it still offers more bang for the buck, more fun, great integration with most of my other stuff (a lot of this due to the SDK and third party supporting aps). But, 2/5 is dismal for battery rating. That's below average guys. Granted mine may be worse with only a 3G, but this could really put a damper on my day when I need it to be my "PC" on the go. With moderate use, I cannot even get a full day--and I know all the battery saving tricks. Apple should focus less on gorging all the nand memory and try packing in some more power. Recently I was at a 3-day even with no access to charging port, using various aps, network aps and phone all the time. Which was OK until about 5 PM when it just died, with another 5-6 hours of the long day to go.

I'd even pay more for this. But I think you guys are downplaying the significance of the real issue here. Battery life sucks sucks sucks.
post #37 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundoggy View Post

So, I really dig the iPhone, after 2 years it still offers more bang for the buck, more fun, great integration with most of my other stuff (a lot of this due to the SDK and third party supporting aps). But, 2/5 is dismal for battery rating. That's below average guys. Granted mine may be worse with only a 3G, but this could really put a damper on my day when I need it to be my "PC" on the go. With moderate use, I cannot even get a full day--and I know all the battery saving tricks. Apple should focus less on gorging all the nand memory and try packing in some more power. Recently I was at a 3-day even with no access to charging port, using various aps, network aps and phone all the time. Which was OK until about 5 PM when it just died, with another 5-6 hours of the long day to go.

I'd even pay more for this. But I think you guys are downplaying the significance of the real issue here. Battery life sucks sucks sucks.

Keep in mind there is no other device out there that is as data-intensive and battery-hungry as the iPhone. Gaming exists on the iPhone, for example. It is virtually none-existent on the other platforms. There's nothing to compare it to. No other smartphone out there stresses battery life quite like the iPhone because no other smartphone has anywhere near the capabilties and level of usage the iPhone enjoys. The iPhone is a unique case.
post #38 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Keep in mind there is no other device out there that is as data-intensive and battery-hungry as the iPhone. Gaming exists on the iPhone, for example. It is virtually none-existent on the other platforms. There's nothing to compare it to. No other smartphone out there stresses battery life quite like the iPhone because no other smartphone has anywhere near the capabilties and level of usage the iPhone enjoys. The iPhone is a unique case.

No other device? Yeah right...
post #39 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

No other device? Yeah right...

until there's a PSP or DS phone name another phone that's as widely used for gaming? NGage?

Compare NFS Underground on NGage and the iPhone.
post #40 of 65
Quote:
However, Donovan [, AT&Ts CTO,] says that the company is working hard to address the sharp increase in data use over the last few years, and says iPhone users are only a small part of the problem

Um besides the data usage timeline suggesting otherwise, maybe Donovan should rethink his stance because saying that the iPhone is a small part of the problem just makes AT&T look even more pathetic.

Quote:
A recent analysis of the subsidies that AT&T is paying for each new iPhone subscriber reveals that, combined with wireless network infrastructure expenditures, AT&T doesn't even break even on iPhone accounts until about 17 months into the standard two-year contract.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/20...m_campaign=rss
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iPhone tops satisfaction survey for consumers, business users