or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › "A Beautiful Mind": Great movie with a twist!

"A Beautiful Mind": Great movie with a twist!

post #1 of 7
I just saw this movie today and thought it was great! So as not to give anything away, I'll just say that the trailer leaves a lot of key points of the story out, but it was a welcome omission.

If you don't know anything about John Nash, don't research him before you see this movie either. It'll make it that much more interesting.
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
post #2 of 7
[quote]Originally posted by CosmoNut:
<strong>I just saw this movie today and thought it was great! So as not to give anything away, I'll just say that the trailer leaves a lot of key points of the story out, but it was a welcome omission.

If you don't know anything about John Nash, don't research him before you see this movie either. It'll make it that much more interesting.</strong><hr></blockquote>I saw the preview on tv.. it looks good, I want to see it.
post #3 of 7
I was so excited about seeing this movie, and then I foolishly read a few reviews. Leonard Maltin is a bitter old man and I'm sick of having him pre-sour me on movies! That's it. I've had it. Never again will I read a review prior to my seeing a movie.

I hate having preconceptions made and twisted by reviewers that took one teensy weensy flaw in a movie and blow it up into a 3-page bashing.

So, I've decided I will see this movie despite the negative reviews. It does look interesting, despite being directed by Ron Howard.

-Y
Registered 2001? My God has it been that long?!
Registered 2001? My God has it been that long?!
post #4 of 7
Maltin's the only one I know of who has panned the movie. The reviews I've read have been glowing. I spent the whole time though trying to recognize the settings.
post #5 of 7
Over-all, I'd say it was an enjoyable movie...and Jennifer Connelly is about 100x hotter today vs when she appeared in The Rocketeer.

However, this twist is revealed about 1/3 through the movie, and the last hour and a half really drags. The movie should have been 30-40 minutes shorter. Not any scene in particular needed to be cut, but many needed to be shortened.
I can change my sig again!
post #6 of 7
Over-all, I'd say it was an enjoyable movie...and Jennifer Connelly is about 100x hotter today vs when she appeared in The Rocketeer.

However, this twist is revealed about 1/3 through the movie, and the last hour and a half really drags. The movie should have been 30-40 minutes shorter. Not any scene in particular needed to be cut, but many needed to be shortened.
post #7 of 7
That was really an amazing book, but I haven't seen the movie yet. But I'm told that the movie omitted one fairly significant part of Nash's life. Trying not to be "controversial" I guess.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › "A Beautiful Mind": Great movie with a twist!