or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › App Store additions: Photoshop.com released, Rock Band soon
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

App Store additions: Photoshop.com released, Rock Band soon

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 
iPhone users looking to edit photos on the go can do so with Adobe's new, free Photoshop.com Mobile application; and the popular Rock Band franchise is set to hit this month.

Adobe unveils Photoshop.com Mobile

The new Photoshop.com Mobile application for the iPhone and iPod touch allows users to edit photos, apply effects and share images instantly. The application also offers connectivity with Photoshop.com, an Adobe service that offers 2GB of free online photo storage.

"As the digital imaging leader, Adobe is excited to bring Photoshop.com Mobile to iPhone users," said Doug Mack, vice president and general manager of Consumer and Hosted Solutions at Adobe. "Now, with access to powerful editing and sharing tools, iPhone users are armed with the resources to document all of life’s unexpected moments, make them look their best and then re-live those memories with friends and family."

Adobe said users can make quick edits to photos with a series of finger gestures. And any changes can be quickly undone, allowing users to experiment and see what works without ruining the original photo.

Features highlighted by Adobe include:

Crop, rotate, change color with just a touch.

Give an extra glow with Soft Focus.

Get artsy with Sketch.

Apply one-touch effects like Warm Vintage and Vignette.


The 3.9MB application is available via iTunes in the U.S. and Canada only.



EA Mobile's Rock Band to hit this month

The popular Rock Band franchise will make its way to the iPhone and iPod touch in October, EA Mobile has announced. The rhythm game will allow gamers to play along with guitar, bass, drums or vocals to MP3-quality songs at three difficulty levels.

The game will offer solo play, or simultaneous multiplayer, including via Bluetooth. It will feature 20 songs, and also offer an in-game music store to purchase more tracks. No price has been made available.



Other features, according to EA, include:

Jump into Quickplay for casual sessions or take it on the road in Tour Mode.

Play along with 20 legendary songs from great bands like Smashing Pumpkins, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Foo Fighters, Blink-182, The Beastie Boys, and more!

Start out playing in grungy dives and work all the way up to stadium-rock stardom.

Collect rewards and achievements that provide replay value and depth to even the most experienced Rock Band veterans.
post #2 of 26
i wonder how much the rock band will cost
post #3 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

iPhone users looking to edit photos on the go can do so with Adobe's new, free Photoshop.com Mobile application

The new Photoshop.com Mobile application for the iPhone and iPod touch allows users to edit photos, apply effects and share images instantly. The application also offers connectivity with Photoshop.com, an Adobe service that offers 2GB of free online photo storage.

As the kids would say "WOOT"
DL right now


Damn, you can take the photos right in the app - thats cool

Finally something for free from Adobe - there has to be a catch...
OMG here we go again...
Reply
OMG here we go again...
Reply
post #4 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzDots View Post

As the kids would say "WOOT"
Finally something for free from Adobe - there has to be a catch...

I offer the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

The 3.9MB application is available via iTunes in the U.S. and Canada only.

post #5 of 26
Typical, US and Canada ONLY, WHY?
post #6 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by parky View Post

Typical, US and Canada ONLY, WHY?

Land of the free. In AU, it will be the land of the dollar or so.
post #7 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzDots View Post

As the kids would say "WOOT"
DL right now


Damn, you can take the photos right in the app - thats cool

Finally something for free from Adobe - there has to be a catch...

Very nice app. The ability to crop sold me.
post #8 of 26
Whaaat?

Very sweet. Now I've seen everything.

Gmail Push, now Photoshop.

The competition (I'm looking at YOU, RIM) better up its game, and soon.
post #9 of 26
Quote:
EA Mobile's Rock Band to hit this month

The popular Rock Band franchise will make its way to the iPhone and iPod touch in October, EA Mobile has announced. The rhythm game will allow gamers to play along with guitar, bass, drums or vocals to MP3-quality songs at three difficulty levels.

The game will offer solo play, or simultaneous multiplayer, including via Bluetooth. It will feature 20 songs, and also offer an in-game music store to purchase more tracks. No price has been made available.



Other features, according to EA, include:

Jump into Quickplay for casual sessions or take it on the road in Tour Mode.

Play along with 20 legendary songs from great bands like Smashing Pumpkins, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Foo Fighters, Blink-182, The Beastie Boys, and more!

Start out playing in grungy dives and work all the way up to stadium-rock stardom.

Collect rewards and achievements that provide replay value and depth to even the most experienced Rock Band veterans.]

so i can't use my existing music and whatever i buy for this game won't be playable via the ipod app?
post #10 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post




The competition (I'm looking at YOU, RIM, better up its game, and soon.)

RIM has an awesome calculator app. And you can buy an optional brick for $50 to sync your Pre on.
post #11 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postulant View Post

... And you can buy an optional brick for $50 to sync your Pre on.


I have a few used (like new) bricks I would sell for $19.95
OMG here we go again...
Reply
OMG here we go again...
Reply
post #12 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzDots View Post

Finally something for free from Adobe - there has to be a catch...

I bet it's a grand showcase of their irrelevant Flash for iPhone platform thing. Screenshots looks so much like the app doesn't belong to the iPhone.
post #13 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postulant View Post

Very nice app. The ability to crop sold me.

Crop.....& Rotate sold me.....time to try it out.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/allanmichael/
iPhone 4S, iPad 3 WiFi, 80gb ipod,5G nano, 3G shuffle, 4 shuffles, '11 MBA 13", macmini 2.26, iMac QC i5 27"
Reply
http://www.flickr.com/photos/allanmichael/
iPhone 4S, iPad 3 WiFi, 80gb ipod,5G nano, 3G shuffle, 4 shuffles, '11 MBA 13", macmini 2.26, iMac QC i5 27"
Reply
post #14 of 26
Adobe rocks my iPhone- love this!
post #15 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by lloeki View Post

I bet it's a grand showcase of their irrelevant Flash for iPhone platform thing. Screenshots looks so much like the app doesn't belong to the iPhone.

More like Apple's irreverant regards for Flash.
post #16 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Adobe rocks my iPhone- love this!


Damn Stud, I haven't seen you this excited about anything in a while!!
OMG here we go again...
Reply
OMG here we go again...
Reply
post #17 of 26
I an't understand why people are starting to limit the Internet. The beauty a success of the Internet is that anybody in anywhere can have access to all in it. That's a fundamental piece!!! Why US & Canada only??? why some sites are US only??? why some YouTube videos are US only???? that's really dissapointinggg
lvidal.-
Reply
lvidal.-
Reply
post #18 of 26
Good lord, is this app ever easy to use. And it's FREE.

I'm beyond imporessed.

Granted, I can do a bit more with Photoforge, but for what this is it's great.
post #19 of 26
Shame its only in the US and Canada, looks like it could actually be an app there's a point to unlike almost everything else on the App Store.

Todays top 10 includes:
- The Idiot Test
- Snake and Ladder (I'm assuming by the title there's only one snake and ladder in the game)
- Alarm Clock
- Torch

And yet more stuff thats completely pointless or just a miniature website turned into an app.
post #20 of 26
"The 3.9MB application is available via iTunes in the U.S. and Canada only."?!?!?!
I hate when things are NOT released for the whole world. NA only?! WTF is wrong with them?!
Hey, Adobe, thanks for keeping the rest of the world away, you discriminating MFKR! Shame on YOU!

People, use GIMP and muck the b@stands from Adobe!

Adobe, I hope EU will find somethings to fine you one day as they did with Microsoft, and if so, I wish to be a very high fine, as you fully deserve it!
sent from my... internet browser of choice.
Reply
sent from my... internet browser of choice.
Reply
post #21 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvidal View Post

I an't understand why people are starting to limit the Internet. The beauty a success of the Internet is that anybody in anywhere can have access to all in it. That's a fundamental piece!!! Why US & Canada only??? why some sites are US only??? why some YouTube videos are US only???? that's really dissapointinggg

Can they by sued for doing that? I hope somebody will.
sent from my... internet browser of choice.
Reply
sent from my... internet browser of choice.
Reply
post #22 of 26
I can't understand why it doesn't zoom in and out.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #23 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvidal View Post

I an't understand why people are starting to limit the Internet. The beauty a success of the Internet is that anybody in anywhere can have access to all in it. That's a fundamental piece!!! Why US & Canada only??? why some sites are US only??? why some YouTube videos are US only???? that's really dissapointinggg

Because they want to sell it except in the US and Canada in the itunes store aaround the world..

poor poor us! we have to shell out money for this stuff
post #24 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I can't understand why it doesn't zoom in and out.

Crop.
post #25 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by parky View Post

Typical, US and Canada ONLY, WHY?

Because we're special?
post #26 of 26
Well yes! We Aussie are jealous.

I want some photoshop goodness on my phone..

Adobe don't make me hit you with a bit of your cloning brush magic to make it work on my phone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › App Store additions: Photoshop.com released, Rock Band soon