or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Apple seeds new Mac OS X 10.6.2 beta with guest account glitch fix
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple seeds new Mac OS X 10.6.2 beta with guest account glitch fix - Page 2

post #41 of 55
I installed snow leopard and somehow my password got reset to i have no idea what. i am moving and cant find any of my mac disks (in boxes somewhere). is there any way to get a new password without using the install disks?
post #42 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhunter View Post

Darn it! I forgot to mention I am using the updated software. Thanks for reminding me and come to think of it I'm now not sure what to blame - the update or Snow Leopard.

I was a late adopter of Snow Leopard and hadn't printed a photo until the Epson update cropped up. After installing I fired up Aperture 2 to print an image. I was pleased to see that ink supply levels were displayed in the utility. My pleasure was short lived though as the printing was a failure. I'm not currently using OEM ink, it's far too expensive! Regardless of this, before I either upgraded to SL or installed the latest Epson driver my printing was more than satisfactory.

Something is amiss... \

You need to do a "nozzle check and cleaning" more than likely. You stated 2 reasons why I think this will fix your problem; 1) you're not using OEM ink (3rd party inks tend to dry out and clog the nozzles faster) 2) you haven't printed in a while... again dried and clogged nozzles.

Hope this helps
Knowing what you are talking about would help you understand why you are so wrong. By "Realistic" - AI Forum Member
Reply
Knowing what you are talking about would help you understand why you are so wrong. By "Realistic" - AI Forum Member
Reply
post #43 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

We're all acting like a pack of FOOLS!!

Teckstud, not sure if you meant it to be funny, but I can't stop laughing ... Good one.
Apple, bigger than Google, ..... bigger than Microsoft,   The universe is unfolding as it should. Thanks, Apple.
Reply
Apple, bigger than Google, ..... bigger than Microsoft,   The universe is unfolding as it should. Thanks, Apple.
Reply
post #44 of 55
But will this update make my MacBook work on wireless networks again?
post #45 of 55
My only real complaint with SL:


Click on an AVI.

Wait for preview.

Wait for preview.

Preview taking too long . . . close window.

Listen to fans in MBP shift into high gear.

Activity Monitor shows:

12318\t QTKitServer-(12317) Quick Look Helper\t98.6% CPU

Previews (perhaps on bad or currupt AVIs, not on most) are getting stuck *trying* to generate. You assume closing the window quits the preview process. But it doesn't, at least for me.

I've got Perian (newest version) installed, as well as the newest version of Flip4Mac which works with SL, though I doubt those are the culprit.

Each time this occurs I need to quit the process through Activity Monitor. It's annoying.
post #46 of 55
I posted on a certain other forum a while back on this subject, saying that when you open the prefpane for Exposé, you should see something like:



(And that's if there are enough people who, for some reason, like the new style to justify even keeping it as an option at all.)

I shudder to think where Apple's quality control is headed. MobileMe, iPod shuffle with no controls, ever-mounting hardware complaints for pretty much every laptop model, Time Capsules, and now Snow Leopard, which in many dire and important ways is shaping up to be Apple's Vista, right when they most need to be hitting a home run instead. It seems to be getting worse and worse.
post #47 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunnabunich View Post

I posted on a certain other forum a while back on this subject, saying that when you open the prefpane for Exposé, you should see something like:



(And that's if there are enough people who, for some reason, like the new style to justify even keeping it as an option at all.)

I shudder to think where Apple's quality control is headed. MobileMe, iPod shuffle with no controls, ever-mounting hardware complaints for pretty much every laptop model, Time Capsules, and now Snow Leopard, which in many dire and important ways is shaping up to be Apple's Vista, right when they most need to be hitting a home run instead. It seems to be getting worse and worse.

By all accounts SL is selling very well. For some reason these issues haven't really made it into the public consciousness, though tech sites have covered it. It's rather odd, but it is what it is.

Apple's quality control is no worse or better than it has ever been. Again, they're still #1 in customer satisfaction - year afer year.

The future, however, is unwritten.

Nice idea for Exposé, though. Best to include it as an option. People seem divided right down the middle on the Exposé scaling issue.
post #48 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Apple's quality control is no worse or better than it has ever been. Again, they're still #1 in customer satisfaction - year afer year.

I don't remember reading about how 10.4.0 or 10.5.0 had bugs that could eradicate one's entire home folder, or anything else quite that bad, so...ehh. \ And there's no doubt that Apple earned that #1 spot, but will they keep it with so many high-profile failures coming out? It's just worrying, is all. Maybe not entirely justifiably, but worrying nonetheless.
post #49 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunnabunich View Post

I don't remember reading about how 10.4.0 or 10.5.0 had bugs that could eradicate one's entire home folder, or anything else quite that bad, so...ehh. \ And there's no doubt that Apple earned that #1 spot, but will they keep it with so many high-profile failures coming out? It's just worrying, is all. Maybe not entirely justifiably, but worrying nonetheless.

I was surprised as well. It wasn't characteristic of Apple, that's for sure.

It's interesing, though, how most tech sites are downplaying this rather serious bug. Which is also odd. Or is it just me? It'll be practically forgotten by next week. Strange . . .
post #50 of 55
I wish the'd simply remove Quicktime X from the OS until it's a pro app...
post #51 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

I was surprised as well. It wasn't characteristic of Apple, that's for sure.

It's interesing, though, how most tech sites are downplaying this rather serious bug. Which is also odd. Or is it just me? It'll be practically forgotten by next week. Strange . . .

Commenters, on the other hand, are milking it for all it's worth. I guess it balances...sorta...
post #52 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunnabunich View Post

Commenters, on the other hand, are milking it for all it's worth. I guess it balances...sorta...

I suppose you're right.

Much like Mr. Burns - has every disease known to man, but is unaffected because none can get through the door to his body. LOL

Nice to see a East-Coaster around here. I've got a few friends in NS (the Cape.)
post #53 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Fix View Post

I wish the'd simply remove Quicktime X from the OS until it's a pro app...

I have a love-hate relationship with the in-window controls. I can understand why Apple put them there, but it seems odd sometimes.
post #54 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

I have a love-hate relationship with the in-window controls. I can understand why Apple put them there, but it seems odd sometimes.

You can't pause the video and take a screenshot because the controls get in the way. When the video is paused they will never fade out.

I wonder if that was deliberate
post #55 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by grilla View Post

I installed snow leopard and somehow my password got reset to i have no idea what. i am moving and cant find any of my mac disks (in boxes somewhere). is there any way to get a new password without using the install disks?

I would hope not. Otherwise, why have a password that anyone could reset.

YIC B WTSIAN
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Apple seeds new Mac OS X 10.6.2 beta with guest account glitch fix