or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The White House - Fox News is not a News Channel
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The White House - Fox News is not a News Channel - Page 3

post #81 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Must be difficult reliving that childhood of yours...

I have made my point repeatedly with you in many threads... Rather than agreeing to disagree or even trying to see the other side your method is to alter the discussion just enough to barb or jab one more time. Sorry, I am all out of new ways to say the same thing to you. When you are prepared to actually engage in a conversation with a modicum of respect for another viewpoint I am willing to continue. I just don't see it happening in this conversation. Just like it did not happen in a few others I have had with you. No biggie. If it makes you feel better, you can win too. Congratulations. I don't want to talk with you right now. WINNER! \

Quote:
I have made my point repeatedly with you in many threads...

Yes you have like
Quote:
Must be difficult reliving that childhood of yours...

Quote:
If it makes you feel better, you can win too. Congratulations. I don't want to talk with you right now. WINNER!

Translation : " If I can't win by logic I'm going to stomp my feet, take my bat and ball, declare myself winner and go home! Wah! "


With guys like this it might be as long as 2028!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #82 of 244
Thread Starter 
I disagree.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #83 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

I disagree.

I know.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #84 of 244
Thread Starter 
The stories, opinions, and speculation keep coming.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...akers-say.html

Beck and Hannity are why the Whitehose says that Fox News is not news?
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...ws-complaints/

http://www.politico.com/politico44/p...fa5ac0d9c.html

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...-10202009.html

Quote:
Tapper: It’s escaped none of our notice that the White House has decided in the last few weeks to declare one of our sister organizations “not a news organization” and to tell the rest of us not to treat them like a news organization. Can you explain why it’s appropriate for the White House to decide that a news organization is not one –
(Crosstalk)
Gibbs: Jake, we render, we render an opinion based on some of their coverage and the fairness that, the fairness of that coverage.
Tapper: But that’s a pretty sweeping declaration that they are “not a news organization.” How are they any different from, say –
Gibbs: ABC -
Tapper: ABC. MSNBC. Univision. I mean how are they any different?
Gibbs: You and I should watch sometime around 9 o’clock tonight. Or 5 o’clock this afternoon.
Tapper: I’m not talking about their opinion programming or issues you have with certain reports. I’m talking about saying thousands of individuals who work for a media organization, do not work for a “news organization” -- why is that appropriate for the White House to say?
Gibbs: That’s our opinion.

alluding to the 5 p.m. show hosted by Glenn Beck and the 9 p.m. program anchored by Sean Hannity.
\
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #85 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

The stories, opinions, and speculation keep coming.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...akers-say.html

Beck and Hannity are why the Whitehose says that Fox News is not news?
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...ws-complaints/

http://www.politico.com/politico44/p...fa5ac0d9c.html

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...-10202009.html

alluding to the 5 p.m. show hosted by Glenn Beck and the 9 p.m. program anchored by Sean Hannity.
\

Yes they keep coming. It's too bad all of those weren't more recent. The one from ABC is from the 20th. This may be still in the news but I don't think it's as big news anywhere but here and maybe Fox News.

I just looked on CNN and MSNBC and couldn't find a thing.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #86 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

The stories, opinions, and speculation keep coming.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...akers-say.html

Beck and Hannity are why the Whitehose says that Fox News is not news?
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...ws-complaints/

http://www.politico.com/politico44/p...fa5ac0d9c.html

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...-10202009.html

alluding to the 5 p.m. show hosted by Glenn Beck and the 9 p.m. program anchored by Sean Hannity.
\

The most interesting thing about that is how they don't even try to be factual. They just say, it's our opinion and we are sticking to it.

So much for the claims of Obama returning us to sound science. Instead it is just about "let's watch together and form an opinion due to an anecdotal account."

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #87 of 244
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Yes they keep comiong. It's too bad all of those weren't more recent. The one from ABC is from the 20th. This may be still in the news but I don't think it's as big news anywhere but here and maybe Fox News.

I just looked on CNN and MSNBC and couldn't find a thing.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/white-hou...ion-a-mistake/

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...wrwzgD9BH47R02
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #88 of 244
http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/

At this moment:
Jarrett makes, retracts charge Fox is biased
Quote:
Posted: October 27th, 2009 04:53 PM ET
(CNN) – The White House carefully continued its assault on Fox News Tuesday, as a senior White House adviser told CNN's Campbell Brown that the network was "of course" biased against the Obama administration, but immediately backtracked slightly.

Speaking at the Women's Conference in California, White House Senior Adviser Valerie Jarrett said the Obama administration is "calling everybody out" when it comes to "patterns of distortion" - echoing the Democratic National Committee's "Call 'em Out" campaign that targets critics of the president's health care plan.

To the question of whether Fox News is biased, Jarrett replied: "Well, of course they're biased. Of course they are."

In fact, FOX has it's own category on CNN Politics:
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/category/fox-news/
post #89 of 244
Quote:
the Obama administration is "calling everybody out" when it comes to "patterns of distortion"

I assume everybody but themselves.
post #90 of 244

October 24th, 2009

And

4 days ago



Mediaite?

Just responding to your portrayal of this story " They keep coming ".

The major news organizations seem to have moved on now.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #91 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskiss View Post

http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/

At this moment:
Jarrett makes, retracts charge Fox is biased


In fact, FOX has it's own category on CNN Politics:
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/category/fox-news/

Here's a sample ( from the same page ) as to how ordinary people view this :

Quote:
October 27th, 2009 5:57 pm ET

Wow! Do I smell liberal panic? Its like they are hanging on to a sinking ship. Id throw you a lifesaver, but i want to watch you go under.


Phat Elvis October 27th, 2009 5:56 pm ET

Of course Fox is biased. it makes no bones about its conservative slant then lies about being 'fair and balanced. that said, MSNBC is biased too. Olbermann is as bad as Hannity (ok maybe a little less), Matthews is right on, that guy on fox news sunday is ok.
But really, if you want news, dont tune in to either one. if you want entertainment, pick your side and enjoy the show, because that's what it is.


LacrosseMom October 27th, 2009 5:56 pm ET

I checked with the September 2009 rankings among Cable News, and yes CNN and MSNBC have lost ground. However ....... both CNN & MSNBC split the Independent & Liberal audience. Faux News gets ALL the far-right people.

Here is the thing, speaking solely for Liberals, I know that we do not stay glued to our Lazy-boys every night watching CNN or MSNBC! We have LIVES! We READ....... we volunteer, we are active in our communities, we attend bible study (I do!), we go to the movies, theatre, etc.

Whereas the GOPers are not like that. My conservative friends including my parents, watch the news 24/7! They are addicted to Faux News, believe me.

Polls show that 21% of Americans claim to be GOP, that means that Faux News has 21% of conservatives watching........ SO what?


Nija October 27th, 2009 5:55 pm ET

Fox news claimed that CNN did not cover the Tea party. Distortion of course. I will never listen to Fox except Fox Soccer Channel, at least they cannot change the game.


Jasmine in Germany October 27th, 2009 5:55 pm ET

Fox News is biased, and they are are responsible for "dumbing down" a good part of America. Unfortunately, greed is more important than ethics to them. I'm pleased the White House has finally spoken out.

However good for finding something more current!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #92 of 244
So let me get this straight! Fox News and Roger Ailes have declared WAR on Obama from the moment he started defeating Hillary Clinton in the primaries.

And Obama is just supposed to sit back and take it?

Fuck, even that asshole Joe Scarborough has admitted that Fox has declared itself the unmitigated opposition to the White House.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
post #93 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Instead it is just about "let's watch together and form an opinion due to an anecdotal account."

Wow, my irony meter just broke. You pretty just described the modern Republican Party and it's media outlets.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
post #94 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

So let me get this straight! Fox News and Roger Ailes have declared WAR on Obama from the moment he started defeating Hillary Clinton in the primaries.

So the left is now insinuating that Fox is in cahoots with the Clintons too?

It gets really funny watching Fox News drive the left crazy. The channel is worth having for that reason alone.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #95 of 244
The science fiction author John Scalzi on his Whatever blog does some good and interesting analysis about the whole White House vs. Fox News pissy fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scalzi

I think some people are under the impression that the White House wants Fox News to disappear. Nothing, I suspect, could be further from the truth. The White House is in fact delighted that Fox News and its merry cast of commentators exists. Nor is the White House vexed that its every pronouncement concerning Fox News solidifies Fox’s core audience; that’s actually the plan. The point is not to moderate Fox News by accusing it of being biased/not a real news organization/running or being the propoganda arm of the GOP; if anything, the point is to make it more extreme in the views it airs.

Fox News isn’t the number one cable news channel because it has a broad spectrum of viewers or because the quality of its news reportage is better than those of other cable news networks or organizations. It’s the number one cable news network because it’s explicitly conservative in viewpoint where other news networks and organizations are not. Fox News garners the viewers for whom ideology trumps news; every other news organization splits the rest of the viewers.

This is good news for Fox News, since four decades of conservative railing against “the liberal media” has given it a core of like-minded viewers, who being conservative are also loyal: they’re going to be with Fox News come hell or high water (as long as Fox News doesn’t change its ideological bent, that is). But it’s also good for the White House, because at the end of the day, Fox News’ nightly audience in the third quarter of this year was 2.25 million viewers in primetime (source). For perspective this means that it has roughly the same audience as your average Dollhouse episode, which was just yanked by Fox (the broadcast network, not the cable news network), so that its ratings wouldn’t stink up November Sweeps. Even with Fox News’ ratings going through the roof because of its little war with Obama, the actual number of viewers is minuscule. Or to put it otherwise, 2.5 million Americans watch Fox News, which means that 297.5 million Americans don’t.

Which makes it a low-risk ideological foil for the White House. Follow: The White House says Fox News is not a real news organization and is the propaganda arm of the GOP, Fox News throws a very public shit fit about it, which gives it higher ratings and an impetus to skew even more to the right in its presentation, and go out of its way to criticize Obama even further. Meanwhile the noise is all covered by multiple other news outlets, which in aggregate reach a much larger audience, which show Fox News anchors and personalities in the middle of ideological conniptions, confirming to the general population the proposition that, indeed, Fox News is more interested in politics than news, and reinforcing the impression that Fox News and the GOP are reading off the same page. Which makes the GOP look unreasonable in an era in which its popularity isn’t, shall we say, spectacular to begin with. To what end? Well, you might have heard there’s a health care debate going on.

Mind you, using politics to marginalize the press is not exactly a new thing; note, if you will, the aforementioned four decades of railing against the “liberal media.” What ought to make conservatives pissed off at Obama is not that he’s taking a page out of their playbook, but that he’s improved upon it. Conservatives moaned about liberal bias in the press to carve out an alternative ideological media under the guise of “balance,” but never managed to marginalize the “liberal media” in any significant way; it was just too damn big. Obama, on the other hand, is picking a fight with a small conservative entity and is essentially forcing it to do what he wants — make conservatism (and by extension the GOP) look like an extreme political position — by adding to what it needs to survive: an audience. But it’s a small-scale audience comprised of people already opposed to the president and his policies (ie., no great political loss). The conservative war on the media was Clausewitz; the Obama war on the media is Sun Tzu.

Does such a thing carry backlash potential? Sure, although possibly not as much as conservatives like to suggest. The White House has already run this play before — it used Rush Limbaugh as a foil earlier in the year, to good effect. Limbaugh loved it, because it was good for him and his ratings; it wasn’t so great for the GOP. People fretted that the White House elevating the stature of Limbaugh would backfire, but it doesn’t appear to have done any real damage to the White House. In a very real sense going after conservative media outlets and personalities is a smart strategy for Obama. Unlike the GOP, which is in such organizational disarray that no one really knows it’ll do next, conservative media outlets and personalities are reliable: They always move toward ratings. And that’s easy enough for the White House to manipulate to its own ends.

There is some irony that Obama and his White House are waging a media war on the GOP using the tools that everyone has assumed were for the GOP’s benefit. But there’s a saying that generals are always fighting the last war, not the current one. Well, the GOP is still fighting the last media war; Obama and his White House are fighting the current one. He’s winning it. And so is Fox News. And neither of them would have it any other way.

http://whatever.scalzi.com/2009/10/2...with-fox-news/

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #96 of 244
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

The science fiction author John Scalzi on his Whatever blog does some good and interesting analysis about the whole White House vs. Fox News pissy fight.

http://whatever.scalzi.com/2009/10/2...with-fox-news/

Interesting view, the long term net effect? Likely not much. Fox gets richer and Obama further polarizes the national scene. It is an interesting story, not sure if I see any real benefit for Obama over the long term though. The only ones really winning are the folks at Fox who can charge their advertisers more now. \

As I said before, I don't watch Fox News. I don't really care what is said about them so much as the methods used by the administration in an apparent attempt at media manipulation. The Administration is free to complain about their coverage and even put out their own facts to refute their reporting. When they try to remove them from interviews and freeze them out of any access to the White House then they start crossing a line that many are not comfortable with.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #97 of 244
The more "conservatives" continue to get riled up over every little thing some liberal does, the more it pushes the moderates away. It really is boy who cried wolf syndrome for the Republicans. If they are yelling and jib jabbering over every little inconsequential thing, when it comes to fighting the big fights, no one is going to be paying attention.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #98 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Interesting view, the long term net effect? Likely not much. Fox gets richer and Obama further polarizes the national scene. It is an interesting story, not sure if I see any real benefit for Obama over the long term though. The only ones really winning are the folks at Fox who can charge their advertisers more now. \

As I said before, I don't watch Fox News. I don't really care what is said about them so much as the methods used by the administration in an apparent attempt at media manipulation. The Administration is free to complain about their coverage and even put out their own facts to refute their reporting. When they try to remove them from interviews and freeze them out of any access to the White House then they start crossing a line that many are not comfortable with.

On the contrary. The long term effect is that the WH marginalizes the fringe elements of the GOP, making it that much harder to enter mainstream again and win independent voters which they need for reelection. In fact, they have make what is today a largely irrelevant party irrelevant in the longer term.
post #99 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

The science fiction author John Scalzi on his Whatever blog does some good and interesting analysis about the whole White House vs. Fox News pissy fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scalzi

...
It’s the number one cable news network because it’s explicitly conservative in viewpoint where other news networks and organizations are not. Fox News garners the viewers for whom ideology trumps news; every other news organization splits the rest of the viewers
...

http://whatever.scalzi.com/2009/10/2...with-fox-news/

There is a huge gap that goes unsupported in Scalzi's assertion - polls posted in this thread have shown that the general public believes ideology plays a part in every news organization, not just FOX. To suggest that "every other news organization" is different somehow lacks any authoritative basis.

There is a much more likely reason for the viewership in that there are no other conservative news organizations.

Then again, I don't expect much political insight from some random blogger...
post #100 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Here's a sample ( from the same page ) as to how ordinary people view this :
However good for finding something more current!

Ordinary? Those are CNN viewers which makes them liberal fringe extreme people. Look at the ratings and it is pretty clear. There is nothing ordinary about someone watching CNN, rather more people watch infomercials about juicers. To watch CNN you've got to be extreme enough to tolerate their lack of news presentation and their lack of pretty much anything other than the odd assertion or attack with regard to conservatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

The more "conservatives" continue to get riled up over every little thing some liberal does, the more it pushes the moderates away. It really is boy who cried wolf syndrome for the Republicans. If they are yelling and jib jabbering over every little inconsequential thing, when it comes to fighting the big fights, no one is going to be paying attention.

The latest Gallup poll suggests otherwise where conservatives have the largest and also a growing label identification.

Quote:
Mind you, using politics to marginalize the press is not exactly a new thing; note, if you will, the aforementioned four decades of railing against the liberal media. What ought to make conservatives pissed off at Obama is not that hes taking a page out of their playbook, but that hes improved upon it. Conservatives moaned about liberal bias in the press to carve out an alternative ideological media under the guise of balance, but never managed to marginalize the liberal media in any significant way; it was just too damn big. Obama, on the other hand, is picking a fight with a small conservative entity and is essentially forcing it to do what he wants make conservatism (and by extension the GOP) look like an extreme political position by adding to what it needs to survive: an audience. But its a small-scale audience comprised of people already opposed to the president and his policies (ie., no great political loss). The conservative war on the media was Clausewitz; the Obama war on the media is Sun Tzu.

A few points, so you agree with the contention here that the liberal media cannot be marginalized due to their being almost every press organization that is not talk radio/Fox News etc?

The second point is as Taskiss noted, having an orientation, a voice doesn't make one automatically dismiss a news source (well unless you are a leftist on here, then you do.) Most people will listen to the source regardless and take the information. Especially in this day and age, most people have spin sensors and ignore most of the spin. That said Obama is hurting himself because he is simply engaging in a double standard and a lack of logic in hopes of political gain. He has done this often already and it utterly fails. His charisma is not powerful enough to alter reality. In reality, Fox is a news organization adn having a couple opinion shows doesn't change that no matter the network (including MSNBC.) Each time he tries to sell a lie with his charisma, it bites him in the polls. The fact that he has fallen faster in the polls than any other modern president suggests he needs someone to wake up him from his own bullshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskiss View Post

There is a huge gap that goes unsupported in Scalzi's assertion - polls posted in this thread have shown that the general public believes ideology plays a part in every news organization, not just FOX. To suggest that "every other news organization" is different somehow lacks any authoritative basis.

There is a much more likely reason for the viewership in that there are no other conservative news organizations.

Then again, I don't expect much political insight from some random blogger...

Bingo.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #101 of 244
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac
Here's a sample ( from the same page ) as to how ordinary people view this :
However good for finding something more current!




Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Ordinary? Those are CNN viewers which makes them liberal fringe extreme people. Look at the ratings and it is pretty clear. There is nothing ordinary about someone watching CNN, rather more people watch infomercials about juicers. To watch CNN you've got to be extreme enough to tolerate their lack of news presentation and their lack of pretty much anything other than the odd assertion or attack with regard to conservatives.



The latest Gallup poll suggests otherwise where conservatives have the largest and also a growing label identification.



A few points, so you agree with the contention here that the liberal media cannot be marginalized due to their being almost every press organization that is not talk radio/Fox News etc?

The second point is as Taskiss noted, having an orientation, a voice doesn't make one automatically dismiss a news source (well unless you are a leftist on here, then you do.) Most people will listen to the source regardless and take the information. Especially in this day and age, most people have spin sensors and ignore most of the spin. That said Obama is hurting himself because he is simply engaging in a double standard and a lack of logic in hopes of political gain. He has done this often already and it utterly fails. His charisma is not powerful enough to alter reality. In reality, Fox is a news organization adn having a couple opinion shows doesn't change that no matter the network (including MSNBC.) Each time he tries to sell a lie with his charisma, it bites him in the polls. The fact that he has fallen faster in the polls than any other modern president suggests he needs someone to wake up him from his own bullshit.



Bingo.

Quote:
Ordinary? Those are CNN viewers which makes them liberal fringe extreme people. Look at the ratings and it is pretty clear. There is nothing ordinary about someone watching CNN, rather more people watch infomercials about juicers. To watch CNN you've got to be extreme enough to tolerate their lack of news presentation and their lack of pretty much anything other than the odd assertion or attack with regard to conservatives.

Typical out of this world comment.

You are still on ignore. Why the hell are you addressing me?

Unless you're trying to bate me into taking you off ignore and addressing you. I've been curtious enough not to talk to you directly but it seems you have no will power.

Not bingo just a skewed viewpoint. To watch Fox you have to either have an appetite for unintentional comedy ( Glen Beck ) or just enjoy your marginal status among the other voting population.


Yes folks it's the big bad liberal media again : Translation everyone else that chooses to beileve the truth and not some partisan, desperate, small minded, party that can't seem to even insult it's way out of the irrelevancy.

Want to know why thery're irrelevant? When everything you say is patterned after " Contrary Obama " it doesn't matter. Everyone knows what you're going to say and why. It really doesn't address any issues. It's jujst a partisan jab.

Well keep it up! We'll be well into this century before the republican party makes a come back.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #102 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Typical out of this world comment.

The CNN comments are indeed out of this world. Especially the ones that declare that Fox News only has ratings because it serves conservative interests whereas CNN is mainstream when the ratings of Fox are higher than CNN and MSNBC combined.

Quote:
You are still on ignore. Why the hell are you addressing me?

I address bad reasoning and bad assertions. If you don't like that, then stop making them. If you don't want to read the replies, then keep them on ignore. It is sad you have to post comments from other places since no one supports the same view here.

Quote:
Unless you're trying to bate me into taking you off ignore and addressing you. I've been curtious enough not to talk to you directly but it seems you have no will power.

As always, I care not about what you do nor do I claim the desire or ability to control it. Please exercise the same courtesy in reverse. You don't worry about addressing me because you can't. Repeating the same circular reasoning based off your fantasies addresses nothing. Several more people have commented on your troll-like tactics as well.

Quote:
Not bingo just a skewed viewpoint. To watch Fox you have to either have an appetite for unintentional comedy ( Glen Beck ) or just enjoy your marginal status among the other voting population.

Taskiss offers polling, you offer the same mantra repeated over and over so as to reinforce the delusion.

Quote:
Yes folks it's the big bad liberal media again : Translation everyone else that chooses to beileve the truth and not some partisan, desperate, small minded, party that can't seem to even insult it's way out of the irrelevancy.

It's almost like they have to wait until the next election or something. Participation, fundraising and polls all show good returns on those efforts already though regardless of what you want to claim.

Quote:
Want to know why thery're irrelevant? When everything you say is patterned after " Contrary Obama " it doesn't matter. Everyone knows what you're going to say and why. It really doesn't address any issues. It's jujst a partisan jab.

Everyone knows? Who is this everyone? Please support the contention rather than just repeat it.
Quote:
Well keep it up! We'll be well into this century before the republican party makes a come back.

Don't worry, we'll run out of money at some point. Obama has already borrowed so much even the Chinese and Japanese are starting to balk. Seems charm doesn't help an empty bank account.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #103 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

The CNN comments are indeed out of this world. Especially the ones that declare that Fox News only has ratings because it serves conservative interests whereas CNN is mainstream when the ratings of Fox are higher than CNN and MSNBC combined.



I address bad reasoning and bad assertions. If you don't like that, then stop making them. If you don't want to read the replies, then keep them on ignore. It is sad you have to post comments from other places since no one supports the same view here.



As always, I care not about what you do nor do I claim the desire or ability to control it. Please exercise the same courtesy in reverse. You don't worry about addressing me because you can't. Repeating the same circular reasoning based off your fantasies addresses nothing. Several more people have commented on your troll-like tactics as well.



Taskiss offers polling, you offer the same mantra repeated over and over so as to reinforce the delusion.



It's almost like they have to wait until the next election or something. Participation, fundraising and polls all show good returns on those efforts already though regardless of what you want to claim.



Everyone knows? Who is this everyone? Please support the contention rather than just repeat it.


Don't worry, we'll run out of money at some point. Obama has already borrowed so much even the Chinese and Japanese are starting to balk. Seems charm doesn't help an empty bank account.

You really have no will power do you?

Listen the republican party is less popular now than when Bush was in office according to a recent Wallstreet Journal poll ( just heard this on the Today show ) so keep it up!

We love ya!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #104 of 244
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

You really have no will power do you?

This from the guy who tells Trumptman:
You are still on ignore. Why the hell are you addressing me?

Why are you seeking his comments if you have him on ignore? Have the will to resist talking back.

"I'm not listening, you big dummyhead!!!" Real mature.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #105 of 244
It seems it isn't just Fox News that the White House don't like. Maybe it's anyone that opposed the president and his policies:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Conten...uwtrg.asp?pg=1

Quote:
President Obama isn't taking kindly to a television ad that criticizes his opposition to a popular scholarship program for poor children, and his administration wants the ad pulled.

Former D.C. Councilmember Kevin Chavous of D.C. Children First said October 16 that U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder had recently approached him and told him to kill the ad.

The 30-second ad, which has been airing on FOX News, CNN, MSNBC, and News Channel 8 to viewers in D.C., Maryland, and Virginia, urges the president to reauthorize the federally-funded D.C. Opportunity Scholarship Program that provides vouchers of up to $7,500 for D.C. students to attend private schools.

The ad features Chavous and a young boy--one of 216 students whose scholarships were rescinded by the Department of Education earlier this year when the agency announced no new students would be allowed into the program. The ad also includes an excerpt taken from one of Obama's campaign statements.

"We're losing several generations of kids," Obama says, "and something has to be done."

"President Obama is ending a program that helps low-income kids go to better schools, refusing to let any new children in," Chavous says in the ad. "I'm a lifelong Democrat, and I support our president. But it's wrong that he won't support an education program that helps our kids learn."
post #106 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

You really have no will power do you?

Listen the republican party is less popular now than when Bush was in office according to a recent Wallstreet Journal poll ( just heard this on the Today show ) so keep it up!

We love ya!

I'll take that with the same amount of credibility I would give anyone who gets their "hard news" that they pass off as hearsay from the Today show.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #107 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

This from the guy who tells Trumptman:
You are still on ignore. Why the hell are you addressing me?

Why are you seeking his comments if you have him on ignore? Have the will to resist talking back.

"I'm not listening, you big dummyhead!!!" Real mature.

I wouldn't make any comments about maturity or dummyhead because you can get banned for things like that.

Is this about you?

No.

Was I addressing you?

No.

Did he deliberately address me ( and I log out so anyone can see anything at that point ) and not him?

Yes.

Is this any of your business?

No.


Are your comments on topic or relevant?

No.

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #108 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I'll take that with the same amount of credibility I would give anyone who gets their "hard news" that they pass off as hearsay from the Today show.


Quote:
Gloom Spreads on Economy, but GOP Doesn't Gain

Oops!


http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-bud...&asset=&ccode=


Quote:
The survey found a country in a decidedly negative mood, nearly a year after the election of President Barack Obama. For the first time during the Obama presidency, a majority of Americans sees the country as being on the wrong track.

Fifty-eight percent of those polled say the economic slide still has a ways to go, up from 52% in September and back to the level of pessimism expressed in July. Only 29% said the economy had "pretty much hit bottom," down from 35% last month.

But a dark national view of how everybody in Washington is conducting the public's business appears to be preventing Republicans from benefiting from concerns about the direction of the country or the Democrat-led government's handling of the economy, as the minority party often does.

In fact, disapproval of the Republican Party actually has ticked upward, along with the public's general pessimism. Asked which political party should control Congress after next year's midterm elections, Democrats now hold a clear edge over the GOP, 46% to 38%, a month after the Republicans were nearly as popular. In September, the Democratic edge was 43% to 40%.

"There was a bounce-back surge for Republicans, and that's stalled," said Bill McInturff, a Republican pollster who conducted the Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll with Democratic pollster Peter Hart.

They might be as pleased with Obama as they were but they really don't like the GOP.

And trumptman is wrong again!

Now I suppose you'll say you don't like the source or something. Poor baby!


Yawn!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #109 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Oops!

http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-bud...&asset=&ccode=




They might be as pleased with Obama as they were but they really don't like the GOP.

And trumptman is wrong again!


Yawn!

Do you even read what you type?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

You really have no will power do you?

Listen the republican party is less popular now than when Bush was in office according to a recent Wallstreet Journal poll ( just heard this on the Today show ) so keep it up!

We love ya!

The article you just quotes showed their popularity has dipped since last month. It said nothing about since when Bush was in office. Obviously they can't be as popular as they were when they had control of the Congress or else they would still have control. However people are trying to see if the grass is greener and are souring on the alternative even more quickly. Republicans held power for the better part of 12 years. Democrats are at 2 year 9 month and Obama is at 9 months.

Both can be unpopular and Republicans can be sinking less quickly. Republicans have closed the gap on almost every generic poll that isn't run by CBS news.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #110 of 244
Ya gotta love this part :
Quote:
In fact, disapproval of the Republican Party actually has ticked upward,


And :
Quote:
Asked which political party should control Congress after next year's midterm elections, Democrats now hold a clear edge over the GOP, 46% to 38%, a month after the Republicans were nearly as popular. In September, the Democratic edge was 43% to 40%.

"There was a bounce-back surge for Republicans, and that's stalled," said Bill McInturff, a Republican pollster who conducted the Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll with Democratic pollster Peter Hart.

Ahhhhhhhhh! Ignore function!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #111 of 244
In conclusion:

1. All cable news distort reality and one is better of not watching them.
2. Fox is by far the worse. It has gone so far that is ceases to be "news" and it is more a "propaganda" channel.
post #112 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Ya gotta love this part :

And :

Ahhhhhhhhh! Ignore function!


You do realize that according to those who know an rank the polls, all network news polls, even those done in partnerships are far less accurate than polls from pollsters?

RCP.com/polls

Looking here we can see professional pollsters Gallup and Rausmussen show generics of +5 Repub and +2 Dem. Even Democracy Corp, a professional pollster with a political affiliation shows Dems +4. What do the network polls show? Dems +12 and +13.

They are clearly disconnected from reality and so are the results they garner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buceta View Post

In conclusion:

1. All cable news distort reality and one is better of not watching them.
2. Fox is by far the worse. It has gone so far that is ceases to be "news" and it is more a "propaganda" channel.

In conclusion:

1. All cable news and all news in general has a voice and that voice often comes from a political persuasion.
2. The channels and outlets that are not providing news are being turned off and tuned out.
3. Those outlets that are losing readers and viewers are those like CNN, MSNBC, CBS News, Newsweek, NY Times, etc.
4. Those keeping and gaining viewers and readers are outlets like Wall Street Journal and Fox News Channel.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #113 of 244
AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! Ignore function! I really don't have time for people who only want to hear the news or read the polls that tell them what they want to hear.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #114 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by buceta View Post

In conclusion:

1. All cable news distort reality and one is better of not watching them.
2. Fox is by far the worse. It has gone so far that is ceases to be "news" and it is more a "propaganda" channel.

Or comedy!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #115 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! Ignore function!

Look, turn it on or don't, nobody really cares. But constant childish threats only make you look more foolish than usual.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #116 of 244
Does anybody know an easy way to get Fox News in Canada? I'd really like to see what all the hubbub is about.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #117 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Look, turn it on or don't, nobody really cares. But constant childish threats only make you look more foolish than usual.

Another insightful post by Frank! Well it's really none of your business. If you really didn't care you wouldn't post. So who looks foolish here? Besides I'm not threating just reminding.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #118 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! Ignore function! I really don't have time for people who only want to hear the news or read the polls that tell them what they want to hear.

jimmac,

Polling shows several things:

1. Conservatives are the largest ideological group by 2-1 over liberals.
2. Obama's popularity is tanking faster than any President since polling began.
3. Congress's popularity is at record or near record lows.
4. The GOP's standing had improved dramatically since last year.
5. Analysts expect big losses for the Dems in 2010.


These are all indisputable facts.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #119 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

jimmac,

Polling shows several things:

1. Conservatives are the largest ideological group by 2-1 over liberals.
2. Obama's popularity is tanking faster than any President since polling began.
3. Congress's popularity is at record or near record lows.
4. The GOP's standing had improved dramatically since last year.
5. Analysts expect big losses for the Dems in 2010.


These are all indisputable facts.

http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-bud...&asset=&ccode=

In case you didn't catch it.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #120 of 244
Hasn't America just technically left recession?

I was suprised that there is no winger instigated thread deploring Obama's actions for the upturn in the economy. I guess they're all desperately waiting for the blogosphere to 'spin the' gloom to form their 'opinion' for them.

Good sheep...
[CENTER]Recedite, plebes. Obesa cantavit![/CENTER]
Reply
[CENTER]Recedite, plebes. Obesa cantavit![/CENTER]
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The White House - Fox News is not a News Channel