or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Sources reveal part of Apple's new Mac product lineup

Sources reveal part of Apple's new Mac product lineup

post #1 of 187
Apple on Tuesday morning took its online stores offline and appears to be in the process of introducing the remainder of its Mac product line up for the 2009 holiday shopping season.

While the stores remain down, reliable sources have passed on the following Mac-related product numbers, which appear to include new Mac minis (one with two hard drives and no optical drive -- rumored for January of 2009 but delayed till now), iMacs (possibly with 16:9 screen aspect ratios because there were -- at one time -- to include Blu-ray), redesigned plastic MacBooks, AirPorts and Time Capsules.

The unedited parts list is as follows:

MC207LL/A - K84 BEST BTR- USA
MC238LL/A - MAC MINI 2.26/2x1GB/160/SD/AP/BT-USA
MC239LL/A- MAC MINI 2.53/2x2GB/320GB/SD/AP/BT-USA
MC340LL/A - AIRPORT EXTREME (SIM DUALBAND) - USA
MC343LL/A - TIME CAPSULE 1TB (SIM DUALBAND) -USA
MC344LL/A - TIME CAPSULE 2TB (SIM DUALBAND) - USA
MC408LL/A - MAC MINI 2.53/2x2GB/1TB/NO ODD/AP-BT-USA
MC413LL/A - IMAC 21.5"/3.06/2x2GB/1TB/4670-256MB-USA
MC434LL/A - APPLE VESA MOUNT ADAPTER
MC461LL/A - MACBOOK 60W MAGSAFE POWER ADAPTER - USA
post #2 of 187
New Mag Safe? Woo Hoo!
--SHEFFmachine out
Da Bears!
--SHEFFmachine out
Da Bears!
post #3 of 187
Wooow! Great news! I didn't think they'd actually announce products before Win 7 on Thurs but boy am I glad I was wrong!!!
post #4 of 187
I'm buying!!!

gwarrrrrwarrr
Help kill Adobe's Flash. Complain to websites using it. Join YouTube's HTML5 beta (http://www.youtube.com/html5)
Help kill Adobe's Flash. Complain to websites using it. Join YouTube's HTML5 beta (http://www.youtube.com/html5)
post #5 of 187
Looks like we'll know soon enough. At this point, it wouldn't matter if they introduced oversized 'computer socks' for hanging by the fireplace...it'll ALL sell!

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #6 of 187
Indeed.
post #7 of 187
OMG, a new K84 BEST BTR???

I've been waiting for that FOREVER!

I can't believe they didn't have a keynote to announce this!!!
post #8 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheff View Post

New Mag Safe? Woo Hoo!

Yes, definitely. Any hopes these new ones will be re-designed? If so, wishing an 85W one comes as well
post #9 of 187
I've been waiting for the Mini or iMac update. Yeah!
post #10 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by marik View Post

Wooow! Great news! I didn't think they'd actually announce products before Win 7 on Thurs but boy am I glad I was wrong!!!

These are most likely silent updates, so there may or may not be a press release. They've done this before with what they consider 'minor' updates but us as fanboys obviously obsess over (OMG! they just introduced a new model vesa mount! Suck that MS!, etc.)
post #11 of 187
hopefully for iMacs
post #12 of 187
Not a moment too soon. These updates need to roll out so the Apple crowd can start buying again. So many people I know have been sitting in product upgrade limbo since August, as I've been blowing smoke at them over new iMacs and MacBooks.
post #13 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by grebo View Post

OMG, a new K84 BEST BTR???

I've been waiting for that FOREVER!

I can't believe they didn't have a keynote to announce this!!!

That could be the new keyboard. And they may well have a mini keynote (just for you). This is a "leak" not an announcement.

(I put leak in quotes because there is ALWAYS some sort of minor leak just before an anouncement which builds up the hype, and I can't help but feel that maybe Apple purposely turns a blind eye)
post #14 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpellino View Post

hopefully for iMacs

Hopefully for 20" and 24" iMacs.
post #15 of 187
Quote:

Win 7 launch also includes a lot of new PC's that Dell and other are launching that are supposed to include new form factors, etc.
post #16 of 187
Quote:

I was hoping they'd have the balls to release these on Oct 22 to steal some of the Win7 thunder. But then Office For Mac 201x would see a 9-month delay as retaliation.
post #17 of 187
If that would turn out to be a home server, then I'm in for the purchase of one. But I need it to be able to use MobileMe and stream my stuff all over the place...

Ah... And maybe they should consider announcing some new stuff like:
- Aperture 3, which is long due now (also after SL's launch)
- Video and Movies in many european countries which have been neglected up to now...
post #18 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phizz View Post

That could be the new keyboard.

Well, it's not that it *could* be. It *is* a Bluetooth 84-key keyboard.
post #19 of 187

Very Interesting?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
post #20 of 187
Apple Online Store currently down for updates!
post #21 of 187
Doh! I knew I should have held out a little longer to get my wife a new redesigned plastic MacBook. I would have, but my wife said she didn't understand why we needed to spend $900+ on a notebook that she just uses to check her email and view pictures/chat with friends on Facebook.

I got her a $250 Acer Aspire One instead and she couldn't be happier (it's much smaller and lighter than her 6.5-pound Toshiba notebook that we replaced). Can't argue with the wife

I hope that Apple does end up releasing a tablet next year in the $500 to $700 price range. I find that my 13" MacBook Pro is a bit overkill at times.
post #22 of 187
This might get interesting. I've been waiting with ordering my first iMac since September and am hitting the F5 button every minute.
post #23 of 187
Hmm.. Mac Mini will no optical drive? Will it get an SD card slot and card with SL on it? Is this an Impending trend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by floccus View Post

These are most likely silent updates, so there may or may not be a press release. They've done this before with what they consider 'minor' updates but us as fanboys obviously obsess over (OMG! they just introduced a new model vesa mount! Suck that MS!, etc.)

I was going to state the same thing. If memory serves and history holds, the Special Event will be announced in a couple days and will be held at 10am PST next Tuesday.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #24 of 187
I would love quad (core) iMac.

Hi all!

[Next month is ELEVEN YEARS as a registered AI forum member... oldest on record!]
Nov 98 - Earliest Registered User on record
Jan 02 - Earliest iPad prediction
Nov 98 - Earliest Registered User on record
Jan 02 - Earliest iPad prediction
post #25 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by grebo View Post

OMG, a new K84 BEST BTR??? I've been waiting for that FOREVER!

Random WAG... (wild-assed guess) this is the Headless iMac (sorry I had to)
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
post #26 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheff View Post

New Mag Safe? Woo Hoo!

yeah, its far to useful to have all previous mag-safes work with current computers. Its about time apple changes the shape of the input just a little so they won't anymore.

\
post #27 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

Very Interesting?

No optical?!?! Well I did read somewhere (maybe here?) that someone was floating a crazy rumor that Apple was going to release a mini with OS X SERVER preinstalled.

Odd but who knows... sure seems like an odd matchup but no more so then a Mac mini with NO optical drive. /shrug
post #28 of 187
Quote:
which appear to include new Mac minis (one with two hard drives and no optical drive)

MAC MINI 2.53/2x2GB/1TB/NO ODD/AP-BT-USA

Interesting. Its a 2.53GHz, with 2 2GB sticks of RAM, a 1TB hard drive, no optical drive, Airport and Bluetooth. So is that a 3.5" hard drive taking the space of the usual 2.5" and optical drive, or 2 2.5" 500GB drives with the second drive in place of the optical? It did say somewhere about the possibility of a Mac Mini being sold with OS X Server, maybe its this with no optical drive?
post #29 of 187
If they intoduce a new headless Mac of some kind (between the Mini and the Mac Pro) I'll eat my hat. Right after I scrape the egg off my face.
post #30 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

Very Interesting?

No Optical Disk Drive. Same case, no biggie Mini.
post #31 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by scmartinez View Post

Apple Online Store currently down for updates!

Down for over an hour now. I wonder if they are winging the code now...
post #32 of 187
16:9 ratio + no blu-ray = worthless
post #33 of 187
K84 Best BTR

K84-Keyboard with 84 keys?

Best - well its apple?

BTR=BlueTooth Remote?

So maybe its an updated slim keyboard
post #34 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajprice View Post

Interesting. Its a 2.53GHz, with 2 2GB sticks of RAM, a 1TB hard drive, no optical drive, Airport and Bluetooth. So is that a 3.5" hard drive taking the space of the usual 2.5" and optical drive, or 2 2.5" 500GB drives with the second drive in place of the optical? It did say somewhere about the possibility of a Mac Mini being sold with OS X Server, maybe its this with no optical drive?

I would guess 2 x 2.5 drives because a 3.5 drive is just too long to put in there. Plus the put out a lot of heat and the drive cages would have to be seriously redesigned.
post #35 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

Can't argue with the wife

Sure you can! However I can't guarantee you will sleep in the same bed that night. Where's my new and improved mouse? That's all I care about. I have a great 17" Santa Rosa MacBook Pro for over 2 years and it will continue to serve me well for the time being.
post #36 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

16:9 ratio + no blu-ray = worthless

No offense but I really don't like the 16:9 ratios. I have an Averatec PC with it and while it's growing on me, I'm still on the other side of the fence. That is the trend to "fill the screen" when watching a movie, but I never minded the black strips.
post #37 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwiredtva View Post

Down for over an hour now. I wonder if they are winging the code now...

No- they're just jerking your chain.
post #38 of 187
my mac mini is out of date! so sad!
post #39 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwiredtva View Post

No offense but I really don't like the 16:9 ratios. I have an Averatec PC with it and while it's growing on me, I'm still on the other side of the fence. That is the trend to "fill the screen" when watching a movie, but I never minded the black strips.

You get more info displayed via anamorphic 16:9 than letterbox off a DVD provided it's encoded with it.
post #40 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajprice View Post

Most likely two 500 GB HDDs.

It will be interesting to see what Apple's solution is for loading software. I doubt you'd want to use the SD card slot on an inkjet printer or something like that.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Sources reveal part of Apple's new Mac product lineup