or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Exclusive photos, video from Microsoft Store grand opening

Exclusive photos, video from Microsoft Store grand opening - Page 8

post #281 of 294
Pros: Cool logo. Unfortunately it is very reminiscent of another retail store that sells Macs.

Cons: Do they seriously call it a "Guru Bar?" ...And if that store design doesn't look frighteningly like a common Apple Retail Store (wood flooring, small recessed can lighting in between fluorescent panels, uninterrupted front-of-store window panes) then I don't know what to say. There are an infinite number of ways to design any interior space architecturally, so one must admit that this is strikingly similar in the broad view.
post #282 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Yes. How illogical of the Apple Extremists to notice that the MS store is a blatant copy of the Apple Store.

Stupid fan boys, noticing things!

Are you sure your from Oaktown and not Berserkley?
post #283 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Clichés and stereotypes are the root of all ignorance.

Anyway, in a few years you wont have to worry about it because China will have the largest GDP. Per capita and/or by land area, there are many, many other nations that are more wealthy than the US. Likely the one you are from, but go ahead and hate on the US I have to get back to wasting fuel and having sex with sister anyway. \

I live in the Tampa Bay Area actually, hacking on all of the air pollution. Separately, it may be beneficial to review the origin of this break-away discussion a few postings ago. China, since you mentioned it, seems to be a culture that enjoys a high level of respect among its citizens. I don't know why you would be offended by me having mentioned the existence of hillbillies in the first place, unless you are one; It seems they are everywhere here. It's a matter of education. I'm not one to insult certain stereotypes, or anyone really, but people are given the gift of self control when they are born and have the ability to make decisions about how they project their personalities and behaviors.
post #284 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperscribble View Post

I live in the Tampa Bay Area actually, hacking on all of the air pollution. Separately, it may be beneficial to review the origin of this break-away discussion a few postings ago. China, since you mentioned it, seems to be a culture that enjoys a high level of respect among its citizens. I don't know why you would be offended by me having mentioned the existence of hillbillies in the first place, unless you are one; It seems they are everywhere here. It's a matter of education. I'm not one to insult certain stereotypes, or anyone really, but people are given the gift of self control when they are born and have the ability to make decisions about how they project their personalities and behaviors.

Of course you see hillbillies, you are in Tampa. Pasco, Lutz, Plant City and all the little ares between have plenty of “rednecks”. There are plenty of other stereotypcial groupings in the TBA, too. America’s wang is not responsive of the US.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #285 of 294
Quote:

That's the problem with America; It's a nation built of money, and one that cares only about money. Money is the root of all evil. Thus, an evil nation. In other select cultures where certain manners and standards of behavior are common knowledge, here live wasteful hillbillies in large gas-guzzling trucks with money set as their number one goal in life. Feel free to attempt an argument, but from what I observe in my everyday life here those are the facts currently.

...Not that that has anything to do whatsoever with the new Microsoft Store.

So then....are you living here in the evil USA?
What country are you from or living in?
If you ARE living here in the US then LEAVE.........we evil americans don't want you here.
We are so evil and only care about money....why would you want to live here or buy any of our products to support such an evil place!! So hopefully you are NOT living here and NOT typing on a US made computer or operating system but one made from YOUR country. Becuse of course YOUR country is so much better. So just where are you from?

Tallest Skil:

"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."

Tallest Skil:

"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."

post #286 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

I love how everyone keeps saying Dell when we are talking about Microsoft. Could it be you don't bring up MS because they could buy Apple with their pocket change?

What decade are you living in??

As of over a year ago, Apple (with iPhone biz factored in) had over half Microsoft's profits, over three-fourths Microsoft's revenue, and more cash than Microsoft. Since then Apple's kept growing like crazy, setting new records almost every quarter (profit up 47% in latest). Microsoft's quarters tend to be like its latest: bad (net income down 17%).

I don't know what the current comparisons are for profit, revenue, cash, and market cap (anyone have a full comparison?) but if the trends of the last few years keep up, Apple will soon beat MS on all of those. I repeat: Apple may very soon be a larger company than MS.

None of which has much to do with anything, but do please try to join us in the current decade, OK?
post #287 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboNerd View Post

He must have been talking to a PC Genius and learned how it's his own fault that his computer doesn't work.

He was told to contact Dell because his Vista is the OEM version.
A big heart is commendable, an enlarged heart is a medical condition.
post #288 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Gads, but I'd love to see a poster blowup of <i>that</i> up at the Microsoft store!
post #289 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead View Post

No kidding. The layout, the staff t-shirts and the thing hanging from their necks. How original. Kinda makes MS lose whatever credibility they have left, eh?

Slightly off-topic, but... is there not one person under the age of 30 capable of applause that does not include "whoooooooo!!!!" noises? What's with that?!?
post #290 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by artistx View Post

Actually, it's quite the opposite, those screens use so much energy (at least when you have 200) that MS had to get some sort of variance for the amount of power they were using in the mall. Not to mention all the heat created by these monitors. The amount of energy required to build, transport and maintain a monitor outweighs the cost of some paper/plastic a few times a year.

One more point: I am sure I am in the minority here, but when I go to shop, I want to look at product, not a bunch of giant moving images, or images that rapidly flash light-to-dark, chop-frame motion, and other visual tricks that cause me discomfort.

It is mandatory for me to attend a trade show in Las Vegas every two years. I am surrounded by all that glitter-flash and within hours I am so annoyed and tired I just want to get back to my room and turn the lights off.

If Apple went that route with their stores, I would not go into one again; I'd conduct my business via mail order.
post #291 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

You so wrong. Apple is controlling the content on the Apple TV. Why are my files listed at the bottom of the menus and why is search throwing me into the iTunes Store to buy more Apple DRM? Why can't I rent or buy from anywhere else? iTunes catalogue is extremely limited for FILM.
The APPleTV is a 3 year old Flop which was supposed to be in everyone's home , not Blu-ray. It's DEAD. 3 years old and sill a "HOBBY" - WHAT A JOKE!

Dude, you totally missed my point!

What you say is true... Apple controls the content that the studios have been so gracious to provide. But it is a super small fraction of all that could be available! The studios are not making every DVD available on iTunes same day as it is released for Wal Mart or Blockbuster. That's what it will take for digital distributors, such as iTunes, to matter.

Thompson
post #292 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

So then....are you living here in the evil USA?
What country are you from or living in?
If you ARE living here in the US then LEAVE.........we evil americans don't want you here.
We are so evil and only care about money....why would you want to live here or buy any of our products to support such an evil place!! So hopefully you are NOT living here and NOT typing on a US made computer or operating system but one made from YOUR country. Becuse of course YOUR country is so much better. So just where are you from?

I do live here actually, in FL, and would also like to leave, so how about that! Your silly reaction suggests that you have a personal issue with my response, although there are a plathora of facts that support me. I don't know anything about you, but unless you're the spokesperson of America than it is not "we Americans" but rather you as an individual who has a problem. Besides, I did not ask whether you wanted me to live in the same country as you or not. You're obviously brainwashed.
post #293 of 294
Quote:

That's the problem with America; It's a nation built of money, and one that cares only about money. Money is the root of all evil. Thus, an evil nation. In other select cultures where certain manners and standards of behavior are common knowledge, here live wasteful hillbillies in large gas-guzzling trucks with money set as their number one goal in life. Feel free to attempt an argument, but from what I observe in my everyday life here those are the facts currently.

...Not that that has anything to do whatsoever with the new Microsoft Store.

You are off topic but I don't blame your country of origin for that.

Last time I checked Great Britain let the Lockerbie bomber go for oil. This list could go on because every country cares about money. I have seen the silver plated cars in the Middle East. The arms dealers in Russia. The software pirates in China deliver their stuff to South America. Where you do you think a country exist without a love for money and power? Antarctica?
Hard-Core.
Hard-Core.
post #294 of 294

MS should have just opened a guru bar and left it at that. If they charge money, that in itself will generate lots of revenue. Beyond that, I'm not sure what exactly it is that they are going to showcase, as they don't actually make computer hardware. I suppose they could set up a couple of couches for customers to play X-box. Or perhaps a 'down memory lane' section where they have the long retired Zune and Windows players. I would guess their new Windows 8 will take primary stage, but of course it and the tablet are vapor ware, and even if they do make it to market, we're back to the success of the guru bar again. Just don't see this working out at all.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Exclusive photos, video from Microsoft Store grand opening