or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Apple targets 3 new Get a Mac ads at Windows 7 (with videos)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple targets 3 new Get a Mac ads at Windows 7 (with videos)

post #1 of 321
Thread Starter 
As promised, Apple has released three new Get a Mac ads targeting Microsoft's launch of Windows 7 as a good opportunity to abandon Microsoft.

Last week, Phil Schiller, Apple's senior vice president for Worldwide Product Marketing, said the impending launch of Windows 7 would present a "good opportunity" for Apple to make market share gains.

Schiller said that in particular, the upgrade process from Windows XP to Windows 7 is something that consumers will likely find unpleasant: "Any user that reads all those steps is probably going to freak out. If you have to go through all that, why not just buy a Mac?"

The new ads can be viewed on Apple's site or below via YouTube; Google's inline videos are best experienced using ClickToFlash to view the videos directly.

Broken Promises



Teeter Tottering



PC News

post #2 of 321
"Trust Me" s very effective in getting its message across.

it will be interesting to see if Apple can peel away some XP users.

also if Apple launches the new iTab in the next few weeks to grab the spotlight away from Windows.
post #3 of 321
The broken promises ad I saw on TV, awesome. If anything that hit home probably with a lot of ppl.

The others, eh, not so much.
post #4 of 321
I think Apple should just ignore Windows 7.
But, what do I know.
post #5 of 321
BTW,

NONE of these commercials have ever been intended for the geeks that frequent the Apple or Windows blogs.

NONE.

These commercials are geared for the masses, to whom these "commercials" resonate, as is evidenced by the continued growth of all things Apple.

"This IS a commercial"......love it!!!
post #6 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiejr View Post

it will be interesting to see if Apple can peel away some XP users.

I think Apple will continue to snag their usual 50% new to Macs, but I am certain MS will report their fastest and largest sale of Windows in history. I think Apple may even lose a little OS marketshare this holiday quarter despite once again having record Mac sales. I think the recession and impending Win release has made a lot of people hold of on their Windows purchases.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #7 of 321
These are good, possibly better than what we've seen in recent months. I think the idea that pushing the idea that changing to Windows 7 means "moving", hence why not move to Mac is a good idea.

The thing is, I just can't help but feel a little bored by them. They feel like they have been going long enough that they did exist at the Windows 2 introduction! I'd like to see something fresh from Apple.
post #8 of 321
macs are still to expensive for the average customer. When the new macbook pros and recently the imacs came out, sales at my work were pretty much the same as any other day. today windows 7 was released and we were over 300% of budget for pcs.... what does this say i wonder....
post #9 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrider View Post

macs are still to expensive for the average customer. When the new macbook pros and recently the imacs came out, sales at my work were pretty much the same as any other day. today windows 7 was released and we were over 300% of budget for pcs.... what does this say i wonder....

I dunno . . . my two Macs were part of the 3M sold this past quarter. After being a "loyal" (read: captured) XP user, I made the shift even before W7 (didn't even bother with Vista). Had no faith in MS, no desire to continue to support the monopoly and went back to my roots and have been quite a satisfied customer. Overpriced? That's for us consumers to decide and 3M of us were quite happy to pay what we paid for a quality machine. Call me a fanboy, I could care less.
post #10 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrider View Post

macs are still to expensive for the average customer. When the new macbook pros and recently the imacs came out, sales at my work were pretty much the same as any other day. today windows 7 was released and we were over 300% of budget for pcs.... what does this say i wonder....

Microsoft haven't released anything worth buying for 8 years?
post #11 of 321
These are humorous ads-but will this counter the publicity that microsoft has put out, and all the PC writers are saying,"W7 is almost as good as a Mac"? ( and which Mac? the 128, IIci, PowerPC?-because even the 128 was better than a POS PC)
post #12 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMJohnson;

These are good, possibly better than what we've seen in recent months. I think the idea that pushing the idea that changing to Windows 7 means "moving", hence why not move to Mac is a good idea.

The thing is, I just can't help but feel a little bored by them. They feel like they have been going long enough that they did exist at the Windows 2 introduction! I'd like to see something fresh from Apple.

If these were viewable on an iPhone I would have seen them, but alas... (even at the Apple site they won't play on my phone!)
I have felt the get a Mac ads have been getting a little long in the tooth for a while now. I gotta say I think many of the recent MS ads have been good. The ones with the kids doing simple but fun tasks are very effective. Very upbeat and positive. There is a new one of a proud dad proudly showing off his new Windows 7 home (networking) installation. It hits a good note.
post #13 of 321
Quote:
Schiller said that in particular, the upgrade process from Windows XP to Windows 7 is something that consumers will not likely find unpleasant

I don't think that's quite what he said.
post #14 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I think Apple will continue to snag their usual 50% new to Macs, but I am certain MS will report their fastest and largest sale of Windows in history. I think Apple may even lose a little OS marketshare this holiday quarter despite once again having record Mac sales. I think the recession and impending Win release has made a lot of people hold of on their Windows purchases.

correct, there has to be pent-up demand from folks with older XP PC's who have been waiting for W7. that concentrated PC replacement cycle will temporarily boost Win market share. but the overall PC user total still is flat. whereas apple's user total has been steadily growing as people switch (few switch the other way) even during the recession.
post #15 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrider View Post

macs are still to expensive for the average customer. When the new macbook pros and recently the imacs came out, sales at my work were pretty much the same as any other day. today windows 7 was released and we were over 300% of budget for pcs.... what does this say i wonder....

It says your first post smells of rank and don't say "trust me" because I won't.
post #16 of 321
Hate to be the burden of bad news for mac zealots but Windows 7 is pure amazing and this is coming from someone who did upgrade to Vista and MacBook sitting in the other room on Snow Leopard.

My new quad core PC I just built (720 bucks total assembled by me) would blow the hinges off the new iMac and now with Windows 7 the argument about Mac having a better os has been squashed (not that it was really any better in my eyes).

Don't knock it till you try it is all I'll say, and I personally know 12 people who upgraded to 7 alone, and since students can get 7 for 30 bucks with a school email, sales are going to be IMMENSE.


And on another note maybe Apple should actually try to advertise their own product for a change, I heard more talk about Windows than I did Mac...When companies have a better product they don't need to attack the competition (iPhone ads) but when their scared of another product they have to go on the offensive just to get attention they can't get on their own merits (every Mac ad, Droid ad)
post #17 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrider View Post

macs are still to expensive for the average customer. When the new macbook pros and recently the imacs came out, sales at my work were pretty much the same as any other day. today windows 7 was released and we were over 300% of budget for pcs.... what does this say i wonder....

correct. about 3/4 of consumers can't afford to spend over $1000 for a laptop or desktop. so nearly all buy PC's, except for Apple fans. but the other 1/4 can and Mac gets a big share of that market. they can afford more Apple accessories too.

no one knew Apple was about to unveil such snazzy new iMacs. so there wouldn't be a sudden rush of people waiting to buy it. unlike Win 7 PC's. there are higher income folks right now tho thinking about whether to get a high-end W7 PC, like HP Touchsmart, or a new iMac. these new iMac's will win a lot of those over. no matter what Windows does, expect record iMac sales this quarter.

now a lot of folks are waiting for a new Apple tablet, which almost everyone expects soon. if that were announced you would see a big burst of first day sales.
post #18 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifail View Post

Hate to be the burden of bad news for mac zealots but Windows 7 is pure amazing and this is coming from someone who did upgrade to Vista and MacBook sitting in the other room on Snow Leopard.

My new quad core PC I just built (720 bucks total assembled by me) would blow the hinges off the new iMac and now with Windows 7 the argument about Mac having a better os has been squashed (not that it was really any better in my eyes).

Well first is your PC more quiet than the new iMac? Second, is your screen bigger than the iMac? Third, did your PC come with a wireless Magic Mouse and wireless keyboard? Fourth, is your PC environmentally friendly? Fifth, how long do you think your PC's lifetime will be? Personally I'm tired of naming things but hopefully I made my point.
post #19 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifail View Post

Hate to be the burden of bad news for mac zealots but Windows 7 is pure amazing and this is coming from someone who did upgrade to Vista and MacBook sitting in the other room on Snow Leopard.

My new quad core PC I just built (720 bucks total assembled by me) would blow the hinges off the new iMac and now with Windows 7 the argument about Mac having a better os has been squashed (not that it was really any better in my eyes).

Don't knock it till you try it is all I'll say, and I personally know 12 people who upgraded to 7 alone, and since students can get 7 for 30 bucks with a school email, sales are going to be IMMENSE.)

Hey there ifail, hate to tell you but a lot of us have been using Windows 7 for months now and are neither impressed nor scared. We're used to pure amazing.
post #20 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifail View Post

Hate to be the burden of bad news for mac zealots but Windows 7 is pure amazing and this is coming from someone who did upgrade to Vista and MacBook sitting in the other room on Snow Leopard.

My new quad core PC I just built (720 bucks total assembled by me) would blow the hinges off the new iMac and now with Windows 7 the argument about Mac having a better os has been squashed (not that it was really any better in my eyes).

Don't knock it till you try it is all I'll say, and I personally know 12 people who upgraded to 7 alone, and since students can get 7 for 30 bucks with a school email, sales are going to be IMMENSE.


And on another note maybe Apple should actually try to advertise their own product for a change, I heard more talk about Windows than I did Mac...When companies have a better product they don't need to attack the competition (iPhone ads) but when their scared of another product they have to go on the offensive just to get attention they can't get on their own merits (every Mac ad, Droid ad)

actually Mac ads have been attacking/lampooning Windows consistently for years now. all while Mac sales have been growing significantly thanks to "switchers." which unarguably proves it works if done well (and Apple offers good alternatives to buy). the real test is, does the critique "stick"?

glad you enjoy your hobby PC. you're right, $30 is probably a fair price for this Vista upgrade. but everyone else is getting screwed price-wise. check out:

http://gcn.com/articles/2009/10/26/g...ther-name.aspx
post #21 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifail View Post

Hate to be the burden of bad news for mac zealots but Windows 7 is pure amazing and this is coming from someone who did upgrade to Vista and MacBook sitting in the other room on Snow Leopard.

My new quad core PC I just built (720 bucks total assembled by me) would blow the hinges off the new iMac and now with Windows 7 the argument about Mac having a better os has been squashed (not that it was really any better in my eyes).

Don't knock it till you try it is all I'll say, and I personally know 12 people who upgraded to 7 alone, and since students can get 7 for 30 bucks with a school email, sales are going to be IMMENSE.


And on another note maybe Apple should actually try to advertise their own product for a change, I heard more talk about Windows than I did Mac...When companies have a better product they don't need to attack the competition (iPhone ads) but when their scared of another product they have to go on the offensive just to get attention they can't get on their own merits (every Mac ad, Droid ad)

#1. I don't believe anyone who signs up on AI with the user name iFail.

#2. So what if you assembled it yourself. Maybe 10 years ago that would be fairly time consuming but it's so easy to assemble PCs now. I've assembled many PCs and got them up and running within 15 minutes. If you're dealing with cheap cases/towers they usually prove to be more of a hassle than the internal hardware.

#3. On another note, maybe MS should try to be innovative and not follow in Apple's footsteps.

Got news for you... McDonalds sales are 'immense'. Notice their '25 gazillion served' signs? It means jack squat... Those hamburgers are probably the worst thing for you.

I'd take a gourmet Hawaiian hamburger made at Mauna Loa Bobs over McDonalds billion sales burger any day. And yep the gourmet burger will be 3 times the price and it will taste like it too.
post #22 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokrad View Post

Well first is your PC more quiet than the new iMac? Second, is your screen bigger than the iMac? Third, did your PC come with a wireless Magic Mouse and wireless keyboard? Fourth, is your PC environmentally friendly? Fifth, how long do you think your PC's lifetime will be? Personally I'm tired of naming things but hopefully I made my point.

Water cooled with only two fans total (overclocked to hell and back)

24 incher on the screen but when I watch movies I have it hooked up to my 48 inch Bravia

don't care about a wireless keyboard that doesn't have a numpad and a mouse that still has yet to trump my two year old Logitech mouse. (I'd like to know how the MM fares for extended use it's not very ergonomic I hear)

Don't care about having an enviromental PC my girl does her part driving a prius and I have my 600RR which is quite exceptional on gas. Besides there is a place where I live that deals specifically with technology refuse and whatever they do with it after I give it to them I'm assuming would be Eco-friendly.

And to answer you last question, I went from 2001 - 2009 on the same P4 PC that I upgraded the mobo so I could put more RAM in it (which I put from 1 gig to 4) and I put some new graphics cards in it as well. I didn't buy top of the line with this PC but easily with these parts I can go 4-5 years without adding anything new (prolly a blu Ray drive when they get cheaper)
post #23 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by success View Post

#1. I don't believe anyone who signs up on AI with the user name iFail.

#2. So what if you assembled it yourself. Maybe 10 years ago that would be fairly time consuming but it's so easy to assemble PCs now. I've assembled many PCs and got them up and running within 15 minutes. If you're dealing with cheap cases/towers they usually prove to be more of a hassle than the internal hardware.

#3. On another note, maybe MS should try to be innovative and not follow in Apple's footsteps.

Sorry you don't like the name, that's cool.

Your right building a PC is nothing because I'm not an idiot and have common sense and I don't buy typical bargain bin parts either, and god forbid something goes wrong I can fix it myself.

Where is this innovation you speak of? Last time Apple innovated was when they made the worlds first GUI, other than that they've been biting other peoples ideas just like MS has, so this is a weak argument...unless your being sarcastic then the last time they innovated was when they introduced this awesome element of Snow Leopard that deletes your info if someone logs into your guest account...no ones done that before, how innovate truly
post #24 of 321
they can come up with new iMacs, new Macbooks, new Mac Pro's, new iPods, new iPhones, new OS's yet they stick with the same sickening adverts. About time something got updated.
Household: MacBook, iPad 16gb wifi, iPad 64gb wifi, iPad Mini 32gb, coming iPhone 5S, iPhone 4S 32gb, iPhone 32gb, iPod Touch 4th gen x1, iPod nano 16gb gen 5 x2, iPod nano gen 3 8gb, iPod classic...
Reply
Household: MacBook, iPad 16gb wifi, iPad 64gb wifi, iPad Mini 32gb, coming iPhone 5S, iPhone 4S 32gb, iPhone 32gb, iPod Touch 4th gen x1, iPod nano 16gb gen 5 x2, iPod nano gen 3 8gb, iPod classic...
Reply
post #25 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifail View Post

Hate to be the burden of bad news for mac zealots but Windows 7 is pure amazing and this is coming from someone who did upgrade to Vista and MacBook sitting in the other room on Snow Leopard.

My new quad core PC I just built (720 bucks total assembled by me) would blow the hinges off the new iMac and now with Windows 7 the argument about Mac having a better os has been squashed (not that it was really any better in my eyes).

Don't knock it till you try it is all I'll say, and I personally know 12 people who upgraded to 7 alone, and since students can get 7 for 30 bucks with a school email, sales are going to be IMMENSE.


And on another note maybe Apple should actually try to advertise their own product for a change, I heard more talk about Windows than I did Mac...When companies have a better product they don't need to attack the competition (iPhone ads) but when their scared of another product they have to go on the offensive just to get attention they can't get on their own merits (every Mac ad, Droid ad)

The fact that what Apple with OSX had for the past 9 years was better than anything else that Microsoft had, in contrast with the fact that Microsoft never delivered on any of its promises, failed to deliver Longhorn, EVER, is the point of those ads.

Anyone can build a PC for cheap buddy. Try building some for a living and
1. See how many people rather buy a $300 POS emachines instead.
2. How much money you will never make after supporting them.

Win7 is better than OSX? After copying the dock, their desktop compositing, and not implementing anything save for pinning and snaps? Did the registry magically disappear? Err, OK, tried Win7, didn't notice any diff btw that and Vista SP1 or 2.

Poor Apple. All they have left is their untouchable boot times, unmatched app load times, battery life, tight integration of hardware, real person support...
post #26 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I think Apple will continue to snag their usual 50% new to Macs, but I am certain MS will report their fastest and largest sale of Windows in history. I think Apple may even lose a little OS marketshare this holiday quarter despite once again having record Mac sales. I think the recession and impending Win release has made a lot of people hold of on their Windows purchases.

You're probably right. However since Windows 7 can run comfortably on Netbooks I think that's where the most sales will go this holiday season. The recession isn't over and people are still pinching their pennies trying to make it with good enough stuff (netbooks).

Whenever Apple addresses the netbook segment with their own I believe they'll disappoint. It seems obvious to all that the form fact they'll choose is a larger iPhone-like device. It'll be too big to put in a pocket and not big enough for video playback. Of course everyone will complain that it won't have a matte finish or Blu-ray. We'll see though come January 2010 at Apple's special non-MacWorld event.
post #27 of 321
Quote:
Where is this innovation you speak of? Last time Apple innovated was when they made the worlds first GUI, other than that they've been biting other peoples ideas just like MS has, so this is a weak argument...unless your being sarcastic then the last time they innovated was when they introduced this awesome element of Snow Leopard that deletes your info if someone logs into your guest account...no ones done that before, how innovate truly

How quickly you forget that Microsoft Windows Home Server did the same thing, and the ironic part is, it's main function was to backup data.
post #28 of 321
I can’t stand the DIYer snobs. It’s easier than ever to build a PC but the ones that do it think it’s some monumental accomplish. I wonder if Ifail is also going to forums by other PC vendors and stating how you suck if you buy a pre-made PC.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #29 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprockkets View Post

The broken promises ad I saw on TV, awesome. If anything that hit home probably with a lot of ppl.

The others, eh, not so much.

Interesting, I thought the other two were more effective. Microsoft will want to make the upgrade path look painless, but will it be in reality?
Please don't be insane.
Reply
Please don't be insane.
Reply
post #30 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I cant stand the DIYer snobs. Its easier than ever to build a PC but the ones that do it think its some monumental accomplish. I wonder if Ifail is also going to forums by other PC vendors and stating how you suck if you buy a pre-made PC.

No, no... they just think people who don't want to build their own PCs are idiots.
Please don't be insane.
Reply
Please don't be insane.
Reply
post #31 of 321
Microsoft....don't copy or attack apple in everything you do.
post #32 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprockkets View Post

The fact that what Apple with OSX had for the past 9 years was better than anything else that Microsoft had, in contrast with the fact that Microsoft never delivered on any of its promises, failed to deliver Longhorn, EVER, is the point of those ads.

Anyone can build a PC for cheap buddy. Try building some for a living and
1. See how many people rather buy a $300 POS emachines instead.
2. How much money you will never make after supporting them.

Win7 is better than OSX? After copying the dock, their desktop compositing, and not implementing anything save for pinning and snaps? Did the registry magically disappear? Err, OK, tried Win7, didn't notice any diff btw that and Vista SP1 or 2.

Poor Apple. All they have left is their untouchable boot times, unmatched app load times, battery life, tight integration of hardware, real person support...

Really because I'll be honest and tell you straight up i'd still pick XP over any version of OSX but then I actually have to do things with my computer not sitting in my local Panera/Starbucks trying to impress people.

1 I don't build PCs for other people just myself because I can't bothered to fix something some idiot broke surfing myspace or trying to wire money to Nigeria because then I'll tell them to take their stupidity and go buy an idiot proof computer.

You really want me to throw out all the things Apple has copied from Windows? It's quite the long list.

Oh and clocked my 2nd boot up on W7.... 19 seconds, not bad if I say so
post #33 of 321
the broken promises ad has to be the stupidest ad I have ever seen. Not only does it not once state any product/benefit of buying a mac, it makes statements with no backing what so ever. Correct me if Im wrong but doesn't snow leopard not have any of the problems that leopard had. And doesnt leopard have none of the problems tiger had. The ad doesn't highlight any problems with windows, it just says its better than the previous release, which makes sense. seeing as we're now at OSX i cant believe that its worse than it predecessors, so it must be the best yet. This ad could easily have come from microsoft aimed at apple.

the other two ads are dumb, though not as dumb as the first. Really, "We have to move so why not move to a mac which is rated number one in customer satisfaction." Could Apple have not found something else to highlight rather than something that sounds forced and fake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifail View Post

Really because I'll be honest and tell you straight up i'd still pick XP over any version of OSX but then I actually have to do things with my computer not sitting in my local Panera/Starbucks trying to impress people.

HAHAHA. so true. I went with my friend the other week to the apple store so he could get a MBP and as soon as we left I asked him if he wanted to go to Sarbucks. He didnt get it and asked why and I told him that its necessary for all macbook owners to go to starbucks and sit around with their macs not doing anything just so people know that you have a mac.

One last thing: I guess it makes sense that mac users love starbucks. its overpriced, you can get better elsewhere for far less, and its oh so cool
post #34 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprockkets View Post

How quickly you forget that Microsoft Windows Home Server did the same thing, and the ironic part is, it's main function was to backup data.

Apple Time Capsule? I hear their quite reliable
post #35 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifail View Post

Really because I'll be honest and tell you straight up i'd still pick XP over any version of OSX but then I actually have to do things with my computer

What are these useful things XP can do that Mac OS X in all its Unix-based goodness can’t do? Run the Zune program?

PS: I love how you even crap on notebook users as if they are inferior to your desktop. Quite unreal.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #36 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifail View Post

Really because I'll be honest and tell you straight up i'd still pick XP over any version of OSX but then I actually have to do things with my computer not sitting in my local Panera/Starbucks trying to impress people.

You really want me to throw out all the things Apple has copied from Windows? It's quite the long list.

Oh and clocked my 2nd boot up on W7.... 19 seconds, not bad if I say so

I see more people with Dell computers doing business than your Mac showoff. It's a stereotype just like ArtieMacStrawman.

Go ahead. Make a list. I dare you.


Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprockkets View Post
How quickly you forget that Microsoft Windows Home Server did the same thing, and the ironic part is, it's main function was to backup data.
Apple Time Capsule? I hear their quite reliable

So the power supply went bad in a bunch. Big deal. Data is still there.
post #37 of 321
Quote:
Let's go to a commercial.

This is a commercial.

Love it.
post #38 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I cant stand the DIYer snobs. Its easier than ever to build a PC but the ones that do it think its some monumental accomplish. I wonder if Ifail is also going to forums by other PC vendors and stating how you suck if you buy a pre-made PC.

Your right building a PC isn't impressive when all you do is slap some hardware components together and load an OS and call it a day. do you even consider future possibilities? Power use? Heat output? Noise output? Any overclocking at all? Building a PC and making one work at optimum potential and future use goes far beyond slapping some parts in a case.

Oh and no I don't, I bought my girl HP desktop, only thing I did was put a fresh install of vista and OC it
post #39 of 321
Quote:
the broken promises ad has to be the stupidest ad I have ever seen. Not only does it not once state any product/benefit of buying a mac, it makes statements with no backing what so ever. Correct me if Im wrong but doesn't snow leopard not have any of the problems that leopard had. And doesnt leopard have none of the problems tiger had. The ad doesn't highlight any problems with windows, it just says its better than the previous release, which makes sense. seeing as we're now at OSX i cant believe that its worse than it predecessors, so it must be the best yet. This ad could easily have come from microsoft aimed at apple.

Where have you been with the issues with Vista, admitted by Microsoft themselves, to XP and all the wonderful worms that it suffered such as blaster, ME for "Mistake Edition", Win98 being so bad that it was lampooned in the South Park Movie and it freezing up before thousands at the demo, and the 4+ editions of Win95? Forgot how crappy NT3.51 and NT4 were? I guess you wouldn't because you never used them. Here's a snippet: SP1 for NT4 was made because NT4 was stillborn upon release; it was released a measly 2 months after NT4's debut.

Ah, a classic video. Pricesless
post #40 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprockkets View Post

Where have you been with the issues with Vista, admitted by Microsoft themselves, to XP and all the wonderful worms that it suffered such as blaster, ME for "Mistake Edition", Win98 being so bad that it was lampooned in the South Park Movie and it freezing up before thousands at the demo, and the 4+ editions of Win95? Forgot how crappy NT3.51 and NT4 were? I guess you wouldn't because you never used them. Here's a snippet: SP1 for NT4 was made because NT4 was stillborn upon release; it was released a measly 2 months after NT4's debut.

yes but will the average consumer know that. most likely not. the point im trying to make is that for every os, regardless of win vs osx, theyre supposed to be better than the last. Don't tell me OSX hasn't been plagued by bugs or else we wouldn't be at 10.5 now would we.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Apple targets 3 new Get a Mac ads at Windows 7 (with videos)